00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab.

7,568 Views | 137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-13 14:58:23

Hey, can I join?

pm me if I can^^

I'll try and get some animators I know if they are interested

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-13 15:38:05

At 9/13/09 02:58 PM, Zero123Music wrote: Hey, can I join?

pm me if I can^^

I'll try and get some animators I know if they are interested

Fill this out and stick within the song limits.
Song Length: (Either 30 or 45 seconds)
BPM:
Style: (ex. Hardcore, Jazz, Experimental, Hip-Hop, etc.)
Your suggestion for a collab title:

And if you wish you may add a link to your submission, if this idea is still alive someone will snatch it up (I'm sure it'll be Cross)

"If we can find a way to make music free for all the world to hear instead of charging them to 'buy' a fucking song, perhaps we can usher in true freedom" -Trypno [X]-D

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-13 16:13:44

At 9/13/09 02:04 PM, Cross666 wrote: Ok I have a new idea, Since we have a few flashers but nowhere near the amount we'd like..

what about collabing up with the Art Portal and having artists do a 2-3 image story per song? I'm sure most artists could knock that out in a day or two..

yeah i think this would work, although 2 or 3 pics for a :45 track would get kind of boring, i think 10 would be better, but it would be harder and slow down this whole process

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-13 18:29:40

Any free spaces for audio I can fill?

a garlic a day keeps the vampire away.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-13 22:47:21

At 9/13/09 06:29 PM, moonhitler wrote: Any free spaces for audio I can fill?

yush!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-15 12:36:06

When's the deadline?

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-15 18:56:31

I don't mind musicking, then animating someone elses...

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-15 19:11:18

No deadline as of now. Basically I have a big box of names and audio, along with a little .Fla to use as the shell for the project. Now I'm kind of stuck on the what-to-do as far as visuals....

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 01:19:18

Well i don't know if this is still going on, but i was wondering if any of my songs would work out. though, most of my songs consist of songs you kind of have to listen all the way through. But maybe one of them could work for some one?

If any of my songs work, PM me, or just respond to this i don't care, i'd just like your feedback. =3

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 05:13:40

It's sounds great, I would like to participate. Is there any place for me to join ?

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 10:41:40

At 9/16/09 05:13 AM, winKoneR wrote: It's sounds great, I would like to participate. Is there any place for me to join ?

Scroll up in the thread and you and the guy above you can find the song guidelines.

"If we can find a way to make music free for all the world to hear instead of charging them to 'buy' a fucking song, perhaps we can usher in true freedom" -Trypno [X]-D

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 18:07:33

not exactly sure what i'm meant to be doing. i'm about half way through a flash submission for Trypno's entry. If this is meant to be someone elses i'd appreciate knowing. I'm gonna work hard on this cause i think this is gonna be a good collab!

@ Trypno do you have any ideas what sort of video you would like me to do for your song or if you have any ideas about the mood or anything really?

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 20:09:56

The whole idea of this collab (other than promoting artists' skill) is to see how people interpret other peoples songs.

Don't ask what the musician wants, flash what you want, just so it fits the music.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-16 20:14:57

I am interested!
where r the songs?

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-17 03:25:37

Will you be animating?

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-17 10:34:41

At 9/16/09 06:07 PM, JoHobo2 wrote: not exactly sure what i'm meant to be doing. i'm about half way through a flash submission for Trypno's entry. If this is meant to be someone elses i'd appreciate knowing. I'm gonna work hard on this cause i think this is gonna be a good collab!

@ Trypno do you have any ideas what sort of video you would like me to do for your song or if you have any ideas about the mood or anything really?

Hey just go with what you feel my friend, I'm interested in seeing how you interpret my piece, not how I want you to interpret it.

We're trying to get as many animators as possible, and then I'm assuming someone will be putting it all together (I know Cross666 is gathering all the audio together)

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-17 12:22:47

yes i will be animating
but can i choose the song i want?
if i can listen to the songs that would be great
thanks
pm me

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-17 14:20:45

As of now I will no longer be accepting additional Audio.

--------------------------------
Audio has been filled.
--------------------------------

If you have posted prior to this message about being interested in doing audio, you're still in.

Just Needing animators.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-18 00:00:28

At 9/17/09 12:22 PM, puffwahaha wrote: yes i will be animating
but can i choose the song i want?
if i can listen to the songs that would be great
thanks
pm me

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can choose which song to animate. We need someone controlling like a checklist, songs that have already been selected by animators and such.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-18 15:39:22

Yeah!
I have some song snippets i could use. just pm me.

~Butterfly Rennaisance

(TheBackupCrew)

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-18 15:55:18

I'm afraid I'm going to have to make a different song. The one I've been working on has got to about 2 minutes now. XD

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-18 18:59:31

cross666, i think it might be a good idea to make a big post with all of the audio submission that are in the collab, so that everyone who is in knows that they are, and so more people will see that the audio is full

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-18 20:00:29

At 9/18/09 06:59 PM, SessileNomad wrote: cross666, i think it might be a good idea to make a big post with all of the audio submission that are in the collab, so that everyone who is in knows that they are, and so more people will see that the audio is full

Not only that, but it'll also give the animators a chance to look over the list of songs to find out what's already taken by a different artist.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-19 13:47:50

Not only that, but it'll also give the animators a chance to look over the list of songs to find out what's already taken by a different artist.

i agree with this as well

how many animators do we currently have?

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-19 14:25:01

I'll animate if there aren't enough animators.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-19 22:50:26

count me in as an animator :)
and yes i agree with the idea of having list of songs
so the animator can have idea when listen to the songs
and to choose as well

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-20 17:13:14

At 9/19/09 02:25 PM, moonhitler wrote: I'll animate if there aren't enough animators.

Keep callin' out if you are an animator willing to animate for this, we need still need animators, as long as Cross doesn't forget this thread this is still alive.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-20 17:51:35

I'd like to do animation for this as well.

~DeviantArt~Youtube(AMVs)~

v----Webcomic----v

BBS Signature

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-21 21:27:23

At 9/20/09 05:13 PM, Trypno wrote:
At 9/19/09 02:25 PM, moonhitler wrote: I'll animate if there aren't enough animators.
Keep callin' out if you are an animator willing to animate for this, we need still need animators, as long as Cross doesn't forget this thread this is still alive.

what the hell is cros666 doing?

Response to Flash + Audio Portal Super Collab. 2009-09-22 01:09:57

what the hell is cros666 doing?

I'm not sure, I sent him a PM so maybe he'll come around

BBS Signature