00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cldcc just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Illustrations

15,611 Views | 204 Replies

Illustrations 2009-07-05 20:30:18

Hope you enjoy my photos! I'm hoping to get someone that can use my art in flash, but until then enjoy and post your own art too!
http://kakashi1930.newgrounds.com/art
there are all of my photos but here is the one I want everyone to see
Constructive criticism accepted so please comment thanks!

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-05 22:40:13

Hey! I have gotten views but you are supposed to critique so i can make my stuff better!!! Heres another pic, this time of Naruto

I'm thinking about making one of Lelouch... or maybe C.C. but that might be hard
Ill take requests! tell me to draw a character and ill do my best!

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-06 00:06:16

They seem fine to me. You should try drawing full people and i hope your not one of those people who only draw only Naruto characters. Its an ok show its just that i've seen them been drawn a millon times and its been done too much. Its fine if drawing Naruto characters is your thing but i encourage you to draw your own unique charaters as well.

Art is long. Life is short

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-06 00:07:57

awesome!

01101100011011110111001101100101011 10010

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-06 10:01:18

okay i might make a new character completely, but im thinking about doing lelouch/ zero from code geass
and no i dont do only naruto heres a picture of Okami Amaterasu

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-06 20:38:32

not bad! could use a bit of colour ;)

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 01:22:06

damn your gay as fuck

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 02:44:43

At 7/7/09 01:22 AM, witamasicer101 wrote: damn your

this is not a dumping ground for your rubbish... GTFO of this persons thread with that crap

anway... at the moment i would like to see *the author of this thread* draw something other then anime char's... i feel that you may be using to much reference to other art and not focusing on your own style...

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 05:54:31

lol tracing.

01010011011001010111100001110101011 00001011011000110110001111001001000

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 07:06:48

yeah you've got the copying down, now lets see some original characters. GO!

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 16:07:25

if you think im tracing then look at the original manga for yourself
manga is the one style i really like but i will draw my own char and put that up :P

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 16:16:00

Protip: Stop drawing awful manga. Your good at drawing, but it's hard to judge you when you copy some one else's style and characters.

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 17:59:46

At 7/7/09 04:07 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: if you think im tracing then look at the original manga for yourself
manga is the one style i really like but i will draw my own char and put that up :P

Not tracing huh? Well... your first one kind of looks familiar.

Please post some of your own characters soon, cause I don't want to think that you only trace.

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 18:02:14

Nice find, I hate people who do that!

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 18:18:47

well ur link doesnt go to the picture i think you are trying to show
and i didnt say i did not use a reference
i used book 2 in naruto w/ the little 2in. picture
some people need to accept that people can draw something that has already beed drawn before
and if you want im sure you can look at the picture and notice that there are some differences :/

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 18:22:20

Stop throwing excuses around and draw something original.

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 18:27:43

im working on that right now :)
im just trying to tell you guys that i dont copy crap thats all
dont rush me lolz

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 21:48:43

Not tracing huh? Well... your first one kind of looks familiar.

Please post some of your own characters soon, cause I don't want to think that you only trace.

ah i see your link now. but if you look at the two pictures, you can see there are plenty of differences, the most prominent (i think) is the fact that the eyes are looking at two different objects (for a beter reference look at the manga book 2)
well here is my pic. i drew it in about 5 min ( i kno it shows :( bear with me) so i just scribbled the backround. ill get around to drawing a better one but yeah i just though i might as well post something so
btw i didnt add shadow either (like i said 5 min :P) and you might be able to see the lines from the paper
yuck i had to cut about halk of it >.> it was too large srry

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2009-07-07 21:55:40

Despite my hatred for Naruto. The first two we're by dar the best in the thread.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2009-08-20 14:44:48

well it been a while but i just thought id update my thread (does this count as my art thread?) with my first photoshopped picture. It is the pic of Okami i drew after photoshop. critique appreciated

Response to Illustrations 2009-08-20 14:47:35

blah forgot pic :P

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 09:39:44

its been months lol, been busy with schoolwork, ect. so whatever
i tried to take a completely new direction with this pic
its made in SAI after like 45 minutes of work
i know it needs improving, but just WHAT it is, i cant tell
critique plz :3

Illustrations

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 10:15:38

At 3/28/10 09:39 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: its been months lol, been busy with schoolwork, ect. so whatever
i tried to take a completely new direction with this pic
its made in SAI after like 45 minutes of work

that's 2 gradients on a black background with white dots. I'm not really sure where you're going with it, there's nothing there.

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 10:20:36

At 3/28/10 09:39 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: its made in SAI after like 45 minutes of work

Well, what is it? It's hard to give feedback on something when the author doesn't know what they've made. From the looks of things, I think it's a planet and a star. The whole thing looks like you made it using tools in the program; that is to say that it doesn't look like you really drew anything. I see simple dots as stars in the background (which is fine, but in this case a bit boring), a gradient for a planet, and what appears to be something similar to a flash effect for the star.

I'm almost not sure what to make of this. Try drawing something again in SAI with more of a focus on an object or character.

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 13:17:19

At 3/28/10 10:20 AM, Balazeal wrote: Well, what is it? It's hard to give feedback on something when the author doesn't know what they've made. From the looks of things, I think it's a planet and a star. The whole thing looks like you made it using tools in the program; that is to say that it doesn't look like you really drew anything. I see simple dots as stars in the background (which is fine, but in this case a bit boring), a gradient for a planet, and what appears to be something similar to a flash effect for the star.

:3 haha i know what it is, i think you got the wrong impression
it is a planet, with the light from the "sun" being the white part
stars are in the background
its TOO simple though, and thats what i meant. i know i can add to it, butim not sure exactly WHAT to add :P sorry if you got the wrong idea

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 13:34:06

I find it rather amusing that your original pieces (aka the ones that are obviously not traced) lack entirely in contrast, line weight knowledge, composition, and any sense of skill.

The idea behind using references or tracing is to learn something from the style of the artist or object you are referencing. Instead you seem to just like the appearance of something and are just mechanically copying without actually processing any of the techniques you are using. Its like doing a paint be number and not actually thinking about what you are doing or why certain colors are being put in certain places. Next piece you reference out of that manga pay closer attention to what you are doing, and why the artist chose to do that technique.

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 14:13:12

At 3/28/10 01:34 PM, ornery wrote: I find it rather amusing that your original pieces (aka the ones that are obviously not traced) lack entirely in contrast, line weight knowledge, composition, and any sense of skill.

The idea behind using references or tracing is to learn something from the style of the artist or object you are referencing. Instead you seem to just like the appearance of something and are just mechanically copying without actually processing any of the techniques you are using. Its like doing a paint be number and not actually thinking about what you are doing or why certain colors are being put in certain places. Next piece you reference out of that manga pay closer attention to what you are doing, and why the artist chose to do that technique.

Also these practice traces shouldn't need to be posted if you think they already look exactly like the picture. You don't need feedback on copies. Post stuff you've originally done, on your own, so we can give crits on what is wrong and needs improvement on YOUR drawing rather than giving crits on how to trace better.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 14:48:04

At 3/28/10 01:34 PM, ornery wrote: I find it rather amusing that your original pieces (aka the ones that are obviously not traced) lack entirely in contrast, line weight knowledge, composition, and any sense of skill.

i realized this too actually :) and its kinda funny how much you learn in what, 6 months?
those pictures were made using my skill only, with only a very beginners knowledge of art other than doodling, just basically looking at the drawing, scaling it up in my head, and drawing it (and i didnt do that good even at that), and even though "back then" i looked at the piece and was like "im amazing 20/10 !!" now i look at it and say, "its not bad, but i would only give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, if even"
and its kinda enbarassing how good i thought i was, when i know now i still have long to go :P

either way, im not sure i will be doing naruto that much (if at all) now but i would still like to draw fanart every now and then, but stupid stupid me is working on some original pieces :)

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 15:25:17

If you want to improve better get that anime crap out from your head.
anime takes no skill it's all pre determined all you are doing right now is someone else work, i know there some great anime sub-styles but this is not the case.

01010011011001010111100001110101011 00001011011000110110001111001001000

BBS Signature

Response to Illustrations 2010-03-28 16:40:19

well my SAI isnt working so i did this in MS Paint
Drawn, scanned, terribly colored :)
other than the shading (which ill do when SAI is back up) critique please

Illustrations