00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

782,984 Views | 8,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 03:52:53

Abit creepy, but I think it conveys the feeling of hell I want to portray, but I want your opinions.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 13:34:58

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 14:33:30

Hey Guys! I would like some reviews on my newest submission. It flew past the portal and I would have like maybe a few more opinions before it ended up in purgatory.

thanks a bunch!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 14:43:19

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 20:57:04

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 21:07:06

Hey guys, I don't know if I want to stay more on the club, because now I know that I never will hit the top 1 review list, because is all-time not for the latest update, also, because this, I don't feel more good reviewing, I don't get anything to motivate.

SpyS.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-26 23:07:45

At 9/26/10 09:07 PM, Spysociety wrote: Hey guys, I don't know if I want to stay more on the club, because now I know that I never will hit the top 1 review list, because is all-time not for the latest update, also, because this, I don't feel more good reviewing, I don't get anything to motivate.

SpyS.

Man. Its cause of me huh, IT IS. Im going to miss you here. You were not here long when I left but you still got the job done. Plus from the other places I know you we really cliked here. Goodbye.

To bad another dies of just as a new one is bron

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 03:24:08

I want to be an active member of this club, but I never feel like my reviews are good enough, so I never review. I don't have any reviews now because I recently had all of my reviews deleted, by request.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 10:38:08

At 9/26/10 09:07 PM, Spysociety wrote: Hey guys, I don't know if I want to stay more on the club, because now I know that I never will hit the top 1 review list, because is all-time not for the latest update, also, because this, I don't feel more good reviewing, I don't get anything to motivate.

SpyS.

Just like to point out that reviewing is not about the club points. Those are only there to motivate more, and to provide a good record of how the members are doing, but they're only numbers without any worth so as long as you review well in the club (which you were doing) then we're happy and the requesters are happy.

But anyhow, if you can't find any motivation, then I can understand that. Sucks to see you leave so soon, though :(.

At 9/27/10 03:24 AM, Jolly wrote: I want to be an active member of this club, but I never feel like my reviews are good enough, so I never review. I don't have any reviews now because I recently had all of my reviews deleted, by request.

Well, we can't judge how you review unless you have any reviews, so if you'd like to be part of the club, then you'll have to make some helpful reviews.

I'd suggest taking a look at Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews and checking out some of the members' reviews. It's not so hard to make a helpful review once you think about it. Just mention what you liked, didn't like, and how the artist can improve, mention why, and you'll have a helpful review. They don't need to be unnecessarily detailed like mine, but 2-3 paragraphs of helpful and constructive criticism is enough.

Good luck!

--
Sorry for not updating, everyone. Had to get ready for my first day of being back to school, and I had to do a lot of programming, so I didn't have much time.

I'll try and update today.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 16:04:30

Ah darn it, couldn't find any time at all to update. I'll try my best to update tomorrow, but if someone could do the requests list for the week, that'd be really really helpful.

Until I finish my programming project I doubt I'll have much free time to do anything except update and maybe squeeze in a review or two.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 16:29:45

I also, I think I don't care more for the reviewers top list and updates, etc. I don't care more at all for this club but sometimes was so good review...... I'm in all doubts to quit this club at the same time I want to leave this the fast I can. Maybe, I just use it to request my submissions anyway.

SpyS.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 17:30:39

Hi there. This is the first time I've decided to put something up for request reviews.

I'm working on changing my current sound, which had been up to now usually slower-paced and quiet orchestral stuff. I'm now working on developing a more dramatic style more fit for motion picture style music. These are two of my current works-in-progress and I am using a new array of virtual instruments that I an not yet comfortable in.

Constructive input of composition and mixing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you for your time.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 19:54:17

If you guys would be so cool as to rate my song Ball Trippin Pipe dreams. It would be awesome.
Songs supposed to be sharp atmospheric trance. My lead is sharp as a knife, but i think it works out well.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-27 20:05:32

At 9/27/10 04:04 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Ah darn it, couldn't find any time at all to update. I'll try my best to update tomorrow, but if someone could do the requests list for the week, that'd be really really helpful.

Until I finish my programming project I doubt I'll have much free time to do anything except update and maybe squeeze in a review or two.

Hopefully there aren't too many audio requests that haven't been done this week. I'll be doing some tonight but I only have a couple of hours of free time later.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 02:04:30

Okay, I did my first review since I had all of them deleted. Any recommendations on how I could improve?

Flash: Mr Pointer

Review: The Graphics and sound effects were nice, and it's good that unlike most flash like this, you made it were you lose when you right click.

But it's perhaps.. a little too hard? There's barely any space between all of the cars and the cars are going extremely fast. You should probably slow down the cars and put more space between them.

I know I could improve on the Pros a little more, but there wasn't very much to that flash. It was a simple avoider flash.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 02:55:52

At 9/28/10 02:04 AM, Jolly wrote: Okay, I did my first review since I had all of them deleted. Any recommendations on how I could improve?

Review: The Graphics and sound effects were nice, and it's good that unlike most flash like this, you made it were you lose when you right click.

But it's perhaps.. a little too hard? There's barely any space between all of the cars and the cars are going extremely fast. You should probably slow down the cars and put more space between them.

I know I could improve on the Pros a little more, but there wasn't very much to that flash. It was a simple avoider flash.

You know how awesome it would be if you joined the club with me Jolly. With SpyS gone and Im not sure if soapbubble is still around I need a new buddy in here. But I think Steph will probably say the same thing. Read this and come back

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 03:03:31

At 9/28/10 02:55 AM, Domo wrote: Read this and come back

I read it before I wrote that review.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 04:09:25

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 11:12:50

I'll like to join this club. I got to review more stuff anyways. Let me know if I'm accepted :3

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 11:14:57

At 9/28/10 02:04 AM, Jolly wrote: Okay, I did my first review since I had all of them deleted. Any recommendations on how I could improve?

Looks good but could use a bit more detail. Say more stuff which can be improved, such as adding some sort of score system, and adding music to the song too. Basically it was a good start, but you could just add a bit more detail to it.

I think that if you try and make your reviews a little more detailed it would definitely help.

Feel free to start reviewing the requests in the requests list (I'll be posting the latest one for the week sometime today, so you can start when I post it). As long as you make your reviews a bit more helpful then I see no harm in letting you join the club. Remember to post your points when you've finished reviewing the requests list so you can be added the club, and good luck reviewing.

By the way, maybe this will help you too.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 11:20:06

At 9/28/10 11:12 AM, Sequenced wrote: I'll like to join this club. I got to review more stuff anyways. Let me know if I'm accepted :3

Ah, an audio reviewer, finally; we don't have many of those :P.

Anyway, yeah, your two newest audio reviews look fine, other than the fact that I think you should split them into paragraphs. It's much easier on the eyes, and allows you to organise your review a little more. Trust me, it'd help a LOT if the artist wants to refer to your review if he ever updates his submission.

So yeah, like I said in the above post, review from the requests list that I'm going to post in a few more hours, and post the points you gained throughout the week (points system can be found in the first post). You only need to do it for the first week so we can see if you understood the points system. Then, you'll be added the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 13:43:27

At 9/28/10 11:20 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 9/28/10 11:12 AM, Sequenced wrote: I'll like to join this club. I got to review more stuff anyways. Let me know if I'm accepted :3
Ah, an audio reviewer, finally; we don't have many of those :P.

Anyway, yeah, your two newest audio reviews look fine, other than the fact that I think you should split them into paragraphs. It's much easier on the eyes, and allows you to organise your review a little more. Trust me, it'd help a LOT if the artist wants to refer to your review if he ever updates his submission.

Yeah, I've been inactive with this account for a while so my reviews from 2006 seems very childish, so please disregard those lol.

I'll try and write at least two paragraphs for each review I make for a song that needs some criticism... Let's see how this goes.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 15:27:58

I'd like to join. I can't really be super-active, though, but I can promise (not really promise, but I'll try my best) to do at least one request per update.
When determining if I'm good enough to join, look at my latest few reviews. Most reviews that are not in the style of those reviews were from when I was way younger.
However, I can't say that all of my following reviews can be like that. Up to now, I only review if I'm on a typing spree, I decided to join for motivation to review more stuff. So my request reviews may not be as long as my regular reviews, but decent enough :).
That's all. Waiting for clearance.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 15:36:29

Wow, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of new members :D.

At 9/28/10 03:27 PM, Roelus4000 wrote: I'd like to join. I can't really be super-active, though, but I can promise (not really promise, but I'll try my best) to do at least one request per update.
When determining if I'm good enough to join, look at my latest few reviews. Most reviews that are not in the style of those reviews were from when I was way younger.
However, I can't say that all of my following reviews can be like that. Up to now, I only review if I'm on a typing spree, I decided to join for motivation to review more stuff. So my request reviews may not be as long as my regular reviews, but decent enough :).
That's all. Waiting for clearance.

Clearance granted. Your latest flash reviews look really well done. Just start reviewing from the next requests list posted in the thread, and then post your points when you've finished reviewing for the week. If you have any questions, ask :).

--

Right then, I'm going to try and update now.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 16:25:44

I'm sorry to say that we've had another bad week. We've left four requests with no reviews and there are a lot of requests from the last list of requests with no reviews which still haven't been reviewed.

I suppose this is partly my fault for being so inactive, but I can't seem to find any time.

Anyway, as for the update, nothing really too new. We skipped the 1500 requests milestone and only three members including me were inactive, but other than that there's no other good news I'm afraid. We lost a member, the stats are still low and I couldn't add any new members since nobody posted their points (also sorry for not adding you to the list, Domo. I'm waiting for you to do some reviews first :P).

Actually, I've been thinking. Maybe we need a break? We've clearly been reluctantly pushing ourselves to review as many requests as possible, and I don't know about everyone else, but I just don't see it as fun as it was before anymore.

We used to have up to 7 members doing all the requests in one update, but the start of school and the lack of members, paired with the continuously increasing number of Audio Requests and the lack of 100%ers have all taken their toll on the club.

I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but I think a break might get us back to our feet. We can start the whole club all over again in a new thread (or this old one, whatever seems better), resetting all the stats and everything. Doing this might motivate people to keep up 100% rates, and maybe we can get more members too.

Just an idea I'm bringing forward; I suck at thinking of good ideas so I have no clue if it'll work well or not, but does anyone think it's worth a try?

By the way, extremely sorry for not doing the requests list. I'm really tired, especially since I have to wake up at 5:30 everyday for school. Again, I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone does the requests list, but if not, no worries. I'm the club updater anyway so I'm supposed to do it... I might do it a little late tomorrow since I have a piano lesson though.

Anyhow, enjoy the update I suppose.

Member's Update #55
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6839 | 1069 / 1490 | 71.74% || 039 | 06 / 28 | 021.43% | Coop83
02 ) 6775 | 1059 / 1491 | 71.03% || 000 | 00 / 28 | 000.00% | Haggard *
03 ) 3576 | 0553 / 1462 | 37.82% || 006 | 01 / 28 | 003.57% | Fro
04 ) 2789 | 0431 / 1370 | 31.46% || 003 | 00 / 28 | 000.00% | Supersteph54
05 ) 1928 | 0311 / 0544 | 57.17% || 075 | 12 / 28 | 042.86% | sixflab
06 ) 1189 | 0191 / 0322 | 59.32% || 000 | 00 / 28 | 000.00% | Soapbubble ***
07 ) 0871 | 0129 / 1082 | 11.92% || 008 | 01 / 28 | 003.57% | Celx-Requin
08 ) 0138 | 0022 / 0178 | 12.36% || 018 | 03 / 28 | 010.71% | ThePigeonMaster
09 ) 0111 | 0018 / 0059 | 30.51% || 057 | 09 / 27 | 033.33% | Spysociety

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
**: User has been inactive for the last four weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last six weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last eight weeks

If you are inactive for more than six weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than eight weeks you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 28
Total Requests All Time: 1512
Reviews Made This Week: 32
Total Reviews All Time: 5240
Average Per Member: 3.56
Average Per Request: 1.14
Sigs Forgotten: 1

*New to the List: None
Leaving the List: Animith

*All Requests Completed:
None :(.

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 19:42:44

At 9/28/10 04:25 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: 05 ) 1928 | 0311 / 0544 | 57.17% || 075 | 12 / 28 | 042.86% | sixflab

Again not as good as I wanted to do and considering I did more than anyone else that is pretty bad for the club in general. But as you said the start of school has really put the squeeze on us.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 21:49:44

At 9/28/10 04:25 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Leaving the List: Animith

Goodbye Animith. I can't believe I was gone so long Steph took back over. Does this mean all your computer issues are finally over steph?

Message to RRC members

With me coming back I plan on coming in like a speeding bullet. Its great to finally come back to the RRC and it feels just like home.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 22:13:17

This isn't the friendliest list we've seen in recent months but then again it isn't the worst we've seen so everyone have fun reviewing. Especially Domo who came back since he missed us so much.

Flash Requests (2)
Eyelidbrower By MarkSW
Copcicles By The-Mercenery

Audio Requests(22)
Montague v1.2 By WeHaveFreshCookies
The ultimate roamer - TTC By Calamaistr
cmb - bmf.2187 (rave meltdown) By cheesemonkeybill
Poltergeists N Such By KieranNG
Random Exercise In Complexity By BAZmotherfucker
Ghouls Chasing Ghosts By stanthedog
Swift Judgement By Cimba
-[FR]- Radio By fizzlerr
Fabricated Son(Final Mix) By sicjes
Finding Your Place By BuggMusic
The Saviour is here. By Skeepsis
Poem(PRE) By TheUprising1
MIII - Flash Frozen By MobiusIII
dance of the bastrard By horsebugger
WTF House WIP By mjattie
Ladybird Girl (DEMO) By ryanson209
.:Blue Rondo a la Turk:. By camoshark
You've Got the Wrong Guy By spartacusxerox
Hell's Corridors By mikkim
Anal Violator By superuberinsaneausm
Desert Journey WIP By brokendeck
B.T.P.D Remixed By Phyortek

Art Requests(3)
Typho By puddinN64
VICTORY! By MasterMerol
The Sugar Claws By Celx-Requin

Extra Audio Requests(5)
-[FR]- Moonlit desert By fizzlerr
Encore (PRE) By TheUprising1
Decessus (PRE) By TheUprising1
Hybrid Rainbow (DEMO) By ryanson209
Gearing Up WIP By brokendeck

People who have exhausted their 3 audio requests a month are:
Since this request list is covering the rest of September and the Next list won't be done until well into October everyone is on a clean slate. That doesn't mean you guys need to get all happy and request tons of songs though.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 22:21:24

OK sirs, I'd like to join the club. I currently have only 100 flash reviews and 6 audio reviews. The recent reviews I have made are not something I'm proud of. Those reviews are just me being useless in an attempt to reach 100 reviews. Obviously I won't be doing that while I'm in the club. I can make a good review, I just have to ... want to make a good review. Is there something I need to do to prove I should be in this club?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-09-28 22:41:30

At 9/28/10 10:21 PM, Makeshift wrote: OK sirs, I'd like to join the club. I currently have only 100 flash reviews and 6 audio reviews. The recent reviews I have made are not something I'm proud of. Those reviews are just me being useless in an attempt to reach 100 reviews. Obviously I won't be doing that while I'm in the club. I can make a good review, I just have to ... want to make a good review. Is there something I need to do to prove I should be in this club?

I have no problem with you joining. Just because some of us have tons of reviews doesn't mean it's a requirement to join. I've looked over your reviews and you have proven that you can write a review of sufficient length. I'd still think it would be helpful if you checked out Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews.

Most of what you need to know is on the first post of this thread. Points system is self explanatory to some people but if it's confusing go here. Supersteph54 is the current list holder and updater so if there are still any questions send him a PM.