00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Jay's QuBicle

40,190 Views | 356 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-25 12:24:37


At 9/1/10 10:04 AM, J-qb wrote: L'Espoir
[AP 1500x2400]

I think this is my favorite of your work, reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, which isn't my namesake but a great game if you dig rpgs.

I'm not much of a fan of some of your newer stuff though, to be honest.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-25 12:52:30


At 11/25/10 12:24 PM, Knocturne wrote: I think this is my favorite of your work, reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, which isn't my namesake but a great game if you dig rpgs.

hrm, im not really a fan of asian games... not much of a gamer at all actually. I was pretty glad with that one when it was finished, although looking back at it, its kinda bland...

I'm not much of a fan of some of your newer stuff though, to be honest.

Yeah I`ve been experimenting more lately... The thing with these experimentations is that they take me further as an artist; they allow me to do stuff that I normally wouldnt, and it doesnt really have to look amazing especially not aesthetically. Its a bit hard to explain, but I can take elements from these experiments and use those in my other work, it helps me improve.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-25 12:57:30


I know what you mean, I've been trying to develop my abilities to render things more realistically and I've been trying different mediums and messing with how color is used. I don't like the things I've been doing but I am gonna bring that stuff back into my comfort zone and Knocturne 1.0 will be born


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-28 16:46:06


At 11/25/10 12:57 PM, Knocturne wrote: I know what you mean, I've been trying to develop my abilities to render things more realistically and I've been trying different mediums and messing with how color is used. I don't like the things I've been doing but I am gonna bring that stuff back into my comfort zone and Knocturne 1.0 will be born

Id love to see some of that, I like the stuff you normally make, but it is all pretty similar stylewise.... I get bored quick.

LOOK! WHAT MIGHT THAT BE! COULD IT BE? WOULD IT BE... THE LEGENDARY LAST SUBMISSION TO THE NG LEVELS ART COLLAB? THE ONE TO RULE THEM ALL? THE MISSINGNO.?

why yes it is... level 17

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-28 17:06:40


At 11/28/10 04:46 PM, J-qb wrote: why yes it is... level 17

Areolas but no nipples?
Also, the belly button looks a little strange, but the rest is good.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-28 17:25:01


At 11/28/10 05:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/28/10 04:46 PM, J-qb wrote: why yes it is... level 17
Areolas but no nipples?
Also, the belly button looks a little strange, but the rest is good.

DUDE ITS ANIME, ANATOMY DOESNT APPLY!


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-11-28 17:33:04


At 11/28/10 04:46 PM, J-qb wrote:
why yes it is... level 17

If I understand correctly the art collab was probally started around 2008, This probably one of the longest running while there have been others that never met there full potential or the Creators just quit on it some time ago. Like the Medieval Castle collab.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-05 16:16:58


Most poeple probably have already seen this (FRONTPAGED YAY!) but im gonna post my background version in this thread for the sake of completion.

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-05 17:27:37


why yes it is... level 17

this is 1 awesome character!


Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-05 17:34:13


At 12/5/10 04:16 PM, J-qb wrote: Most poeple probably have already seen this (FRONTPAGED YAY!) but im gonna post my background version in this thread for the sake of completion.

i actually prefer this version, just seems more interesting, even though the background is essentially a stock texture it works

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-09 23:56:31


At 12/5/10 04:16 PM, J-qb wrote: Most poeple probably have already seen this (FRONTPAGED YAY!) but im gonna post my background version in this thread for the sake of completion.

this is REALLY nice dude.
good motion, the bubbles are great.
the composition and placement of the bird is nice!!!
Brilliant!!
also congrats on the front page dude.
you deserve it : )


[-----free like clouds-----]

My art thread <3

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-11 06:03:32


At 12/5/10 05:27 PM, Flowers10 wrote: this is 1 awesome character!

Thanks!

At 12/5/10 05:34 PM, Ashman wrote: i actually prefer this version, just seems more interesting, even though the background is essentially a stock texture it works

thanks, this one mainly works because its big, on a small scale I think the textures is too prominent.

At 12/9/10 11:56 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: this is REALLY nice dude.
good motion, the bubbles are great.
the composition and placement of the bird is nice!!!
Brilliant!!
also congrats on the front page dude.
you deserve it : )

Thanks for the kind words man.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 10:41:21


Dude, the bird is fantastic!

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 10:45:41


At 12/29/10 10:41 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Dude, the bird is fantastic!

DooD that black man is sooo hawT!

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 12:47:31


At 12/29/10 10:41 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Dude, the bird is fantastic!

Thanks! You too social failure!
Heres a new one in a similar style to the black guy... this police officer has just realised that his hand is backwards.

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 13:04:55


love the bird; the textures and bubbles work so well together. No wonder you won an award and got frontpaged ; )

love the policeman's expression. Can't see that his hand is on backwards but it could just be me


BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 13:20:02


At 12/29/10 12:47 PM, J-qb wrote: Heres a new one in a similar style to the black guy... this police officer has just realised that his hand is backwards.

Yet he hasn't noticed his double pronged uvula?

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:08:36


At 12/29/10 01:20 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/29/10 12:47 PM, J-qb wrote: Heres a new one in a similar style to the black guy... this police officer has just realised that his hand is backwards.
Yet he hasn't noticed his double pronged uvula?

This is gonna be a rough day for him...

DAT HAND: I normally dont make mistakes like that... I normally just draw hands the right way around naturally. What I think may have happened is that I drew the hand correctly; but shaded it the wrong way. You should be looking at the back of his hand rather than his palm.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:17:16


So it's not on purpose then? :P


BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:20:35


At 12/29/10 03:17 PM, Batto wrote: So it's not on purpose then? :P

lol no.... his shock is actually the result of a musk ox telling him he smells.

yeah.... dont bother asking.

JONNY


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:22:18


At 12/29/10 03:20 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 12/29/10 03:17 PM, Batto wrote: So it's not on purpose then? :P
lol no.... his shock is actually the result of a musk ox telling him he smells.
yeah.... dont bother asking.

I dare you to draw that in >: )


BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:24:43


At 12/29/10 03:22 PM, Batto wrote:
At 12/29/10 03:20 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 12/29/10 03:17 PM, Batto wrote: So it's not on purpose then? :P
lol no.... his shock is actually the result of a musk ox telling him he smells.
yeah.... dont bother asking.
I dare you to draw that in >: )

it is drawn in but youll have to wait for our Game Jam game to be released tomorrow (hopefully) to see that.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 15:38:46


At 12/29/10 03:20 PM, J-qb wrote: JONNY

My point exactly, he should be worried.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2010-12-29 16:21:01


At 12/29/10 03:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/29/10 03:20 PM, J-qb wrote: JONNY
My point exactly, he should be worried.

maybe he isnt actually shocked, but just struggling to swallow the bite from his donut...


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-02 16:30:15


good stuff dude...

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-08 13:26:19


At 1/2/11 04:30 PM, SUPAOWNER wrote: good stuff dude...

thanks

He said his gun clap, then he fled after one slap
*Pat!* son shut your trap, save it for the bitches
MMM...delicious, rap snitch knishes

wippitydipshit

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-08 13:47:42


I made an overview of my past years art, like I did last year, and like fifty did this year.
Made it before the jam, hadnt gotten around to posting it yet.
bigger

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-09 00:35:26


At 1/8/11 01:47 PM, J-qb wrote: I made an overview of my past years art, like I did last year, and like fifty did this year.
Made it before the jam, hadnt gotten around to posting it yet.
bigger

Nice, I like the fact yours is more original. Considering you made the template yourself by the looks of it. Yup. Awesome art the past year. Make more art for years to come.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-10 14:42:51


At 1/9/11 12:35 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Nice, I like the fact yours is more original. Considering you made the template yourself by the looks of it. Yup. Awesome art the past year. Make more art for years to come.

Thanks, and will do!

Havent really been able to draw anything since the game jam; so I figured; If thats the only thing I can draw, Ill just draw nothing; its called "Marine Dance"

Jay's QuBicle


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2011-01-10 16:20:44



Havent really been able to draw anything since the game jam; so I figured; If thats the only thing I can draw, Ill just draw nothing; its called "Marine Dance"

i can barely see it until i turn my brightness down.

I like. Just visibility is really low.


[-----free like clouds-----]

My art thread <3

BBS Signature