00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wide Layout

72,227 Views | 643 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:06:09

The new layout is looking very nice, Tom. Good work.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:09:20

B-B-B-BUT MY 46X46 ICON THAT TOOK ME TWO SECONDS TO SCREENSHOT OUT OF MY FLASH AND RESIZE IS G-G-G-GONE!

I take serious pride in creating my 46x46 icon. I know you still need them for collection pages, front-page featuring, and mouse-hovers in the portal list. But I will not stand for them being removed from the view page.

It's been a fantastic seven years NG but you really pulled a fast one on me here; I know when to take a hint. I suggest you delete my posts, reviews, flash submissions, and account itself. I'll have no traces of my name on this trash heap of html code you call a website.

-Shawn Patrick Afro Ninja Tanner

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:11:30

I think this gives people more interest in others submissions (related submissions) than the authors other own submissions (as the author has been put down a lot on the page.

I think these should swap...

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:12:08

new layout is good.

clicking the moon makes the fucking awful fucking laggy flash ads all around the page go away which lets the cartoon play smoothly.

tom
you should give people the option of choosing this lay out, the classic one, and the chinese communist one

yup yup yup

Wide Layout

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:12:47

meh this new layout is fucking terrible I wish there was an option for the original when i first opened it I thought my browser had downs syndrome.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:15:05

This is new and will take some getting used to, but........... I can never vote on any under judgement flashs, it only says I have to wait for it to load even though I've gone through the whole movie/game! This is a big problem and I'm sure that I'm not the only one having it. and it is only on under judgement flashs, I can vote on everything else!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:20:03

At 5/26/09 08:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alrighty... The wide layout has launched!

The "Related Content" info needs to re-populate with proper results. Until then you will see a lot of content that doesn't feel very related... The end result should be much better.

If you want to test the "Max Size" button, which makes Flash fill the width of the layout, try it on these!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/15 1706
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/18 9081
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 9541
You can still open Flash in a pop-up as well, and the moon icon dims the lights, like the lightbox layout we had before this. Give it a minute to soak in and let us know if anything is totally broken.

Everyone thank PsychoGoldfish, Liljim and Bob!

Hmm well, only improvements I see are:

-light switch can be dimmed but making it light again doesn't work anymore, is it a bug? (browser: seamonkey)

-if you want to pop up the flash, it's impossible to do so without avoiding having the flash loaded in the main page. So the flash is running twice then!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:21:38

also tom

the whole 'here's other flash you might enjoy' thing sucks.

Lilium is fucking terrible piece of shit and I dont think any artist with half a brain cell likes seeing it advertised next to their own work which they put effort into.

Wide Layout

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:28:41

tom: idea

make it so we can EDIT the "other flash you might enjoy" thing

that way i can link people to flash my friends have made when they are watching something of mine
instead of being linked to whatever flash-in-the-pan-flavor-of-the-month video game tweenfest happens to be popular at the time

i think that would kick ass

lol picture spam

Wide Layout

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:28:50

Yess it's cool!!!

Power is everything...

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:32:22

It's amazing, must have been pretty hard but it is pretty damn cool! also Im glad you didnt eliminate the pop up window option, anyway I'll not be using it that much now!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:34:59

Id rather watch youtube then this terrible layout. Which is a real shame because NG has some great flash. Oh well, I guess i can go set up a account at that other flash site ive been meaning to check out.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:38:59

At 5/27/09 01:32 AM, Jdisasoldier wrote:
At 5/27/09 01:25 AM, Stamper wrote: You open up 5-10 flash games at a time? Negro what you NEED to open up is the damn classifieds and load up a JOB OR A LIFE
From a guy with more than 2,000 forum posts and probably not as many degrees as me. Hm. Touché, you got me.

Aw don't get all mad and defensive, I was just fucking around with you. Keep us updated on that Public Relations thing, that sounds like an awesome degree that not just anybody can get.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:40:24

RAWR IM SO ANGRY I WANNA ARGUE SOMEBODY ARGUE WITH ME

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:41:05

<cambo> wow ng said i might also enjoy haloman2 but i did not

that quote sums up how i feel about the new "you might also enjoy this flash" system

Neil Armstrong was a gay buttfucking crocodile.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:42:38

it's cool, liked the old one better.
It's annoying that the store advertises is hiding some reviews and buttons :(

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:43:13

At 5/27/09 02:34 AM, loerandloer wrote: Id rather watch youtube then this terrible layout. Which is a real shame because NG has some great flash. Oh well, I guess i can go set up a account at that other flash site ive been meaning to check out.

Sign-Up: 06/05/07
Flash Reviews: 77
Flash Submitted: -none-

what a shame to see such an important denizen of newgrounds leave!!!!!!

At 5/27/09 02:40 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: RAWR IM SO ANGRY I WANNA ARGUE SOMEBODY ARGUE WITH ME

YOUR BIG UGLY FACE IS AS DUMB AS A BUTT

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:47:41

It looks great, although some submissions stretch too far downwards with smaller screens, especially with square resolutions. Example.

The "Related Content" info needs to re-populate with proper results. Until then you will see a lot of content that doesn't feel very related... The end result should be much better.

I hope so, because I'd like to see it be really good.

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:51:01

At 5/27/09 02:40 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: RAWR IM SO ANGRY I WANNA ARGUE SOMEBODY ARGUE WITH ME

I err... would like, I mean, want to slap your face. That is because, umm... your face has a nose?

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 02:59:18

I could not be more happy with this update.
The best thing about this is that it increases compatibility with phone browsers and other not as used browsers.
The only idea I could recommend to put on top of this "stack of shining awesome" would be to put flash movies in full screen (preferrably with respect to aspect ratio), for the users with the computer processing power to run it.
Other than that, awesome update to the layout!

Google is your friend.

But BEER is like a twin brother.

And Vitamin Water is Water's hot sister, only you have to pay for her... that whore...

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:00:30

i still prefer the previous one

if the expand to full screen feature was on the previous layout, it would've been better

i can't stop the movie for commenting or voting... that's what i hate about the new layout

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:03:16

Graphics look quite bad when resized up, I think this should be optional (the author should be able to choose whatever he wants support for that feature or not)

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:09:47

This is amazing! I haven't encountered lag yet.
A fullscreen mode for every flash! :D

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:16:16

Pshhh Johnny fuckin Utah.... more like JohnnyNevada! What's up now, beotch!

*Patiently awaits the e-dickslap*

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:16:16

Everyone thank PsychoGoldfish, Liljim and Bob!

Woooooooooo!

Awesome work guys! Thanks very much. It does look spectacular and is certainly more conducive to people watching movies under judgement before voting on them.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:17:19

this is NIIIIICEEE! good job guys! :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:20:08

fucking love it. great work guys.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:25:06

Where is the opt out button? How am I supposed to not load the movie now? It's not THAT unreasonable that I might want to vote on a movie without loading it.

Each time someone abuses hittest, God kills a kitten. Please, learn real collision testing.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:25:43

Call me old fashioned, but I don't like it. I supose I'll get used to it eventualy.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 03:29:01

It lags a bit, but good thing the pop up fixes that.

This has really pushed the envelope, but I wish that you can select to play the move even for movies that aren't adult content and under judgment.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature