00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

39,918 Views | 222 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:40:58

adam phillips =(

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:46:32

At 5/19/09 09:06 PM, AronKong wrote: Dude your going to win, Cmon

Its Michael Swain and 2 NG staff..... WOW Whats the point of even entering?

why cant i be for fun *note to self, Why did i just say that!*

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:47:05

Is this a contest? Am I missing something?
I thought this is like... a charity thing.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:55:12

To reiterate:

1) While you should have a natural desire to make a better game than the other teams, this isn't a traditional competition where one team wins. There isn't prize money.

2) In terms of money, the teams will be splitting their revenue from Flash Ads and from their view page on NG. They'll also be promoting their individual user pages.

3) We will work with the teams to distribute the games across the web, which will maximize your Flash Ad earnings, like ten to thirtyfold+ what you can get from appearing on NG alone.

4) Your games promote the Power of Three hub, which serves three purposes: to promote the other games on the list, to raise money for Child's Play, and hopefully to help spread the word about NG!

And when it's all over, at the least you'll have formed some lasting bonds and opened some new doors.

This is meant to be a culmination of how far NG has come over the years; the extremely talented community, the Flash Ads system, the ability to promote content and the ability to share revenue, whether amongst users or with charities.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:55:46

At 5/19/09 09:47 PM, LazyMuffin wrote: Is this a contest? Am I missing something?
I thought this is like... a charity thing.

I was about to post that, people, if this was a contest, we should already give up, rtil is joining, this is just to help charity, there's no competence here, actually, I have reasons to think the team will help each others a lot.

Also, my team is called "The Communist Rascals". Creative ain't it?

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:57:59

Please get me a programmer Tom!

I already got a nice musician, all I need is a nice programma!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:59:54

I am an Artist looking to join a team.
This project sounds like a great way to find new talents to work with.
Should be awesome!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 21:59:56

I woulda made a user post but I have to wait a couple more days till I get front page again!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:07:53

At 5/19/09 10:00 PM, evan210 wrote: why isn't our team on that list?

i'm the artist, lillefyr is the musician, and either cool901 or makeshift are the programmers (TBD).

I was behind on team applications when I posted that list, it will probably get updated in the morning.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:08:49

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

W-P-S on art, Tom Fulp programming, and RedMongoose doing music?

Now THAT is a TEAM.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:20:04

The collab was awesumm!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:28:14

At 5/19/09 10:12 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Was that more clear?

Indeed. There are various sections of the site being re-worked at the moment, so part of this might already be taken care of in those changes. I don't think the solution to this is putting in an admin-approved link, though - there's got to be something in digg's setup to reference an existing entry, rather than re-inventing the wheel every time a link is sent to them. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:47:06

At 5/19/09 10:28 PM, liljim wrote: Indeed. There are various sections of the site being re-worked at the moment, so part of this might already be taken care of in those changes. I don't think the solution to this is putting in an admin-approved link, though - there's got to be something in digg's setup to reference an existing entry, rather than re-inventing the wheel every time a link is sent to them. I'll look into it tomorrow.

When a link is submitted as a new digg and it already has a submission to that link, it will simply redirect the user to that submission and tell them to Digg that.. also putting in a link to the Digg article is a bit douchy. You can add a Digg This sort of button (I'm sure everyone has seen them) but that would require submitting every flash,.. it's fine as it is, basically.

The only problem I see is that when I click Share and then Digg This, when it sends me to Diggs submission page the URL is invalid. It's converting the /'s to HTML code thingy (ascii.. shiznit. I'm sure you know what I mean) and it shouldn't. This might just be me, since I assume other people have used this feature .. but they could have copy + pasted the URL manually. I assume this has nothing to do with my browser but it's Chrome in case you're wondering, and Vista just.. in case that helps.

Ok, no, I tried on Firefox and it did the same thing. It links to this when it needs to link to this.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 22:56:03

I don't know why people keep complaining about the extreme teams, if anything they made me re-evaluate my possible ideas and want to make something much more amazing to attempt to top whatever they got planned.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:05:37

soo.. Is there any specific place to go to find teammates, or is here fine to post an ad.
I'd love to enter in this as a sound design/audi/composition guy. I just finished a course in sound design, mixing, and recording. I have experience in all 3 and also can do composition and foley if need be. My flash experiance is very limited and I would probably be little help in that regard, though I do have several ideas for game concepts that I feel would not be too miserable to code.

if anyones interested pm me, and if im not supposed to post here.. sorry

Mue = music engineering... its not a typo.. it was just a dumb thing to do

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:08:25

Ok... so I am an odd case... I can program but I'm an artist too... I have some kick ass ideas and have sent feelers out to the people I am a fan of... here's hoping they respond positively, not holding my breath though.

Please put my name on the list of possible canidates to match make with. Perferably if I am programming I would like to be with someone who has a similar art style to mine so I might be able to help them animate...

I'm up for either way, programmer or artist... might be interesting to program a game and not do the art for once.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:08:58

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: NOTE 2: I have been digging up programmers and making a list of those who are interested. If you're an artist who has won awards on NG and you can't find a programmer, please mention it here and I will try to do some match-making!

I'm looking for a programmer! I've already got a musician but programmers are a little harder to find.

I have a Twitter that I link to everywhere. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:18:26

At 5/19/09 10:47 PM, liaaaam wrote: The only problem I see is that when I click Share and then Digg This, when it sends me to Diggs submission page the URL is invalid. It's converting the /'s to HTML code thingy (ascii.. shiznit. I'm sure you know what I mean) and it shouldn't.

Thank you - that helps immensely!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:27:42

OH BOY, all my favorite artists! HappyHarry, TheSwain, Eddsworld, Lazymuffin, Egorapter, and - ..... W-P-S?

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 23:27:52

I've won a couple t-shirts in art contests here a while back. I just finished up my Dominance War IV entry, so I've got some time to upload some more Flash-oriented (read "cartoony") artwork to show what I'm all about these days. Just posting now to call attention to myself for you programmer and musician types out there. Check out my posts on the art subforums here for some older work.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 00:04:51

a programmer list would be cool to see, Ive got an idea but it looks like most of the coders are picked clean

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 00:19:25

The SF Collab had great artists and funny jokes. I would have never thought of some of those.

So... Power of Three... Will there only be a limited amount of teams? If so, Many people will have no chance.

Something needs to go here.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 00:35:54

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: I have been putting together a preliminary TEAM ROSTER based on the team submissions.

There's a lot of big hitters on this list. It's going to be VERY interesting.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 00:57:43

i wanna make some insane

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 01:26:50

Yeah the team name thing was something I mentioned. I even started working on a team profile image thing.. If thats any use?

I don't know what I'll be calling ours. The King and his Convict? Incline of Video Gaming? Toss O'Vian? Rubber Bros? OMG WE'RE ON FIRE?

I'll think on it...

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 01:38:20

Tom, if you have any extra programmers to hand out, I'll take one. My last one ditched last-minute.
Any of them Canadian?
Just kidding.
Not really.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 01:54:14

I'm a programmer without a team... I'm looking for a team with decent artwork / music. I have about 4~ years of experience with flash, AS 2 & 3. I have my first game here on NG, and working on another, you can see a SS of it here: http://g.imagehost.org/0406/SS.jpg . Please PM me if your interested(please include previous work done).

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 02:17:58

absolutley awesome!!

Whee Woo Wee Woo, on no! THE PO PO!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 02:34:18

The collab was great. I sat with a dirty grin all the way through.

The Power of 3 roster looks absolute killer.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-20 02:44:48

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: First, go DIGG this so we can get front page:
SF COLLAB ON DIGG

Bandelin and Stamper both did a great job on their parts, along with getting it together. If only I could get that final secen out of my head...

If you're an artist who has won awards on NG and you can't find a programmer, please mention it here and I will try to do some match-making!

I haven't won any awards, but I have just been rejected for the chance to be in a group. I'm still interested in making a game, so please contact me if you are a programmer/musician who needs an artist on their team!

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature