00:00
00:00

I'm going to crack down

10,196 Views | 73 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-18 23:20:11

At 5/18/09 07:06 PM, The-Omnipresence wrote: So the front page won't be populated by a bunch of Earthbound threads? I never thought I see the day.

Earthbound is infitely better than the majority of the topics on this forum.

Also, I really hate the "i need a free mmropg to play" topics.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-18 23:27:37

At 5/18/09 11:08 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: -Post about games in their official thread if they have one. If they don't make sure to use the search bar first to see if there is a thread that covers the same content.

That's asking too much of the BBS idiot kids whose IQ is the equivalent of both "DURR" and "i can count to potato."

I'll probably make a help image to at least point out where the search bar is.

At 5/18/09 10:29 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Oh and on a related note I have no idea why I haven't been banning for trollface. It isn't a constructive post, nor is anything along the lines of "oh look at me I think you're a troll".

Just another *chan meme turned shitty due to overuse.

Trollface only works on imageboards, since you can do picture only replies there.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 01:04:44

While we are on the subject of shitty posters and trolls...

This is really getting annoying. I don't mind elitist fanboys, regulars with a golden tongue (looking at you SMC,) but the annoying idiot low-post users seem to get it in their heads to post badly, then troll this forum.

And we all thought Blaze-Heatnix was bad?

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 01:09:18

i like the way you're thinking.
You should also delete topics if the titles don't have caps.
it would make the forum look neater :)

instead of "call of duty modern warfare 2"

Tell them to remake it as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" >:(

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 06:29:22

At 5/19/09 01:09 AM, Makeshift wrote: Tell them to remake it as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" >:(

That is automatically done to every thread.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 06:45:07

Well, I think we all like quality over quantity.

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 06:50:48

At 5/19/09 06:45 AM, Supermatx1 wrote: Well, I think we all like quality over quantity.

Damn straight we do.

Even General seems to be getting better quality threads nowadays.

But I love some of the ideas people are putting forward. Hopefully it'll clean the place up a lot, even if it does mean slower traffic.

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 21:29:15

Bump.

I'm watching you, Wazowski...

I'm going to crack down

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 21:49:03

At 5/19/09 09:29 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Bump.

I'm watching you, Wazowski...

"I'll kidnap a thousand bbs posters before I let this thread die!... "

I'm going to crack down

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 22:31:56

At 5/18/09 10:29 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Oh and on a related note I have no idea why I haven't been banning for trollface. It isn't a constructive post, nor is anything along the lines of "oh look at me I think you're a troll".

Grow up kids.

Ooh somebody leveled up, congrats big boy.

And yes, the banning of anything 4chan related is always a great thing.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 22:39:00

At 5/19/09 06:29 AM, SniperWolf1564 wrote:
At 5/19/09 01:09 AM, Makeshift wrote: Tell them to remake it as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" >:(
That is automatically done to every thread.

whaaat? :S
i see it all the time...

I'm going to crack down

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-19 22:44:55

I hope that this thread can float around the front page for quite a while so anyone that wants to post a topic reads it. I do say that you and the other mods do a good job in keeping these forums clear though.
I go to click a thread that just seems like shit just by the title "which game should I get?", and guess what? One of you deleted it.
Keep up the good work and I agree with most of the points there.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 11:56:02

Just here to remind you guys how much you all suck.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 11:57:25

At 5/24/09 11:56 AM, DirtySyko wrote: Just here to remind you guys how much you all suck.

Thanks, i'd forgotten.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 12:08:40

At 5/18/09 11:08 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: My suggestions:
-Hawaiian shirt Fridays.

I think we should try to do something (more) original in this forum every week. Like a meet-up, discussion, or original content thread. Hawaiian shirts included.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 13:30:51

At 5/24/09 11:56 AM, DirtySyko wrote: Just here to remind you guys how much you all suck.

WHY DO YOU SAY IT WHEN YOU KNOW IT HURTS?!

FEED ME

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 18:35:36

UPDATE!

Even though I've already been deleting threads like this, on and off, from this point on I'm going to just go ahead and delete the vast majority of them. There are two types of threads that are far too common, and you could find much better places to get your answers from. These threads are:

"What game should I get?" and "How do I beat this?"

No more making threads about how you have an Xbox 360/PS3/Wii and need a new game for it, but you aren't sure what to get. Make your own decisions. Now, if you can make a thread looking for advice for a new game, and it's well thought out and somehow different than all the others, I'll leave it alone. But if it's "I have an Xbox 360 and I own GoW2, CoD4, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3, what should I get?" I'm going to delete it, because you will just get a bunch of responses saying the same old, same old bullshit. Go ask that shit on a video game forum, or look up review websites to figure the answer out yourself. If you're posting in the VG forum I'm sure you know as much as anyone else what games are out and what games are supposedly good, so these threads are just becoming an easy way to add to your post count.

No more threads asking how you get past a part in a game. Look up a walkthrough or ask on gamefaqs. Once again, if it's well thought out and somehow different than the rest, I'll leave it alone. But if it's, "Hey I'm on chapter 3 in Dead Space and I'm stuck, what do I do!?" It's getting deleted. Most of the time you can find answers from gamefaqs. If you can't find the answer, ask on their forum where you'll have a much better chance at getting your answer.

Chances are a lot of people will overlook this post since it's on page 2, and a lot of people probably haven't even read this thread to begin with, but tough shit.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-24 18:38:19

At 5/24/09 06:35 PM, DirtySyko wrote:
Chances are a lot of people will overlook this post since it's on page 2, and a lot of people probably haven't even read this thread to begin with, but tough shit.

The important thing is that it's here and in writing. At least now people can't say you didn't warn them.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 05:48:59

Bump

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 10:26:03

At 5/31/09 05:48 AM, dmansland wrote: Bump

Hey, you're not DirtySyko. What gives you bumping rights of this?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 10:42:30

I know you're not supposed to ask things of mods, but would it be so difficult to put a ban on "Which console should I buy?"/"Which console is better?" threads?

We all know how they end, with fanboy guts and pride splattered all over the place, and it eventually being locked or deleted in the end. It'd be nice to have a proper ban on the predictable topics so we can have a tad more originality in the threads on the BBS.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 10:47:12

At 5/18/09 04:50 PM, zimzap wrote: I have pretty much stopped visiting this forum because of the utter crap/fanboy posts that are becoming far too frequent so I am happy to hear this.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Like you're any different.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 15:34:41

Are you going to start deleting console war threads?

Please say yes...

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 17:37:59

Now if only the General forum got cracked down.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-05-31 17:50:33

If I put some time into making a thread that gave information on the three newest generation of consoles to help people looking into getting a new console but aren't sure which one they want more yet, would it be locked for being essentially a "Which should I buy" topic?

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-06-01 01:50:25

At 5/31/09 05:50 PM, malachi117 wrote: If I put some time into making a thread that gave information on the three newest generation of consoles to help people looking into getting a new console but aren't sure which one they want more yet, would it be locked for being essentially a "Which should I buy" topic?

If there is thought put into it, it can stand out amongst other threads similar to it, and people show interest in it, I really don't care what the subject is (as long as it pertains to video games.) Like I mentioned above, you can make threads asking what game you should get, as long as it's more than just "HEY WHAT GAME SHOULD I GET?"

I mean, give people something to entice them. I understand all you're doing is seeking advice on a new game, but the shit gets boring to read.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-06-06 19:16:53

would it be a good idea to have some sort of reporting system on the bbs?

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-06-06 19:52:30

At 5/18/09 07:06 PM, The-Omnipresence wrote: So the front page won't be populated by a bunch of Earthbound threads? I never thought I see the day.

Well, that's funny. I don't recall a thread like that for some weeks now. And I have been lurking around here a lot.

Oh! Hey, I spend a lot of time in this forum and can I suggest something? Keep a lookout for Sonic threads or anything of the like, those end terribly, it's the same shit and the same bunch of flies flying about them.

And by anything of the like, I mean similar franchises, some discussion is alright, but when people start posting i.e "X charactrur sux" or "STOP HATIN ON X THING" 16 times in a row, it really get depressing.

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-06-06 20:23:07

Can I make a thread just for heated, nonsensical debate and jokes?
We could delete it after a week or so. I just think it would be fun.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to I'm going to crack down 2009-06-18 20:19:22

If you're cracking down on the General forum, can you put a ban on the mention or use of Goatse (oops) for me?

Minecraft: grimmdestroyer

PSN: KindofBlue