00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Power of Three - Summer Event

105,687 Views | 491 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:33:19

sounds pretty nice
i am an artist so if any team needs one you can send me a pm
i would like to join one

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:38:11

this year fucking sucks ass. THE ONE YEAR I'M FUCKING BUSY

Those who are fussy don't get no pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:38:24

Writer, hmm?

If you, as an artist, are interested in a modern day super hero-ish story, I might be of use.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:38:47

awesome somewanna makea team with e im a good artist
and i have a good idea

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:40:58

Awesome Idea Tom!! Definitly bring the community together! :DDD

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:41:07

i'm up for writing some music with anyone pm if your interested

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:41:11

if anybody wants a programmer I know how to make buttons

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:42:41

At 5/14/09 03:41 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: if anybody wants a programmer I know how to make buttons

xD Good one.

In case you haven't noticed yet, this isn't my main anymore. PM me here.

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:43:36

Hi, I'm a musician, been playing for 6 years now. I only have one song in the portal right now, but I can show more of my work if requested. PM me if interested in working with me.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:49:25

Hi, i am a composer looking for a team of 3. I am looking for an animator and Programmer.

The music that i put on newgrounds is not at my full potential, just screw arounds. I can send you a sample of my latest music via email, just gotta let me know. I can do any style varying from symphonic, chinese, indian, pop rock, rock, metal, easy listening, scary, or just plain backround noise.

I have a couple concepts for a game, but i would rather work on it as a team.

Contact me at Jamal@corriegraphics.com, or here on newgrounds.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:51:42

Anyone want me as the artist on a team? Tom and I always have a full schedule of planned stuff (James, Grimoire 2, etc) but I'd be happy to work on something like this over the summer, definately.

-Dim

experience:
James the Zebra series
The Arrow of Time
BR's Climate Chaos
BR's Rocket Rush
Monkeymetric
Drastic Plastic
etc

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 15:54:59

At 5/14/09 03:41 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: if anybody wants a programmer I know how to make buttons

sweet I can draw stick figures let's team up

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:01:46

You had me interested until I saw "games will be ranked by score and the best games will get the most publicity."

Sorry, but Newgrounds.com's scoring system is flawed, and too susceptible to influence from fanboys, griefers, and inexperienced or impatient gamers. One only needs to see Ed McMillen's latest rant to get a good laugh at how ridiculous it all is. http://bluebaby.newgrounds.com/news/post /311089

I really like the idea of a small panel of accomplished artists and NG employees to decide the relevance of a submission's quality.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:04:12

I already have an idea for a game that I've wanted to get made.. anyone interested in teaming up with a lonely ol' hippo? :0

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:10:32

i might do something with someone whos somewhere of some sort

At 5/14/09 03:42 PM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote:
xD Good one.

im gay

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:10:42

If anyone wants to recruit me to their team as a graphic designer, send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:11:25

I am more of a story Writer since it's added. I have several stories I made posted on a different site. So if anyone's interested I think I can be of some assitance.

http://bioshock2forums.com/ucp.php?

i=profile&mode=signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:11:31

waterflame would be good for the audio lol

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:16:10

If anyone needs a programmer, just PM me. Also, Tom, this is a great idea. Also, the deadline is 2 days after my birthday!

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:16:11

At 5/14/09 02:40 PM, Luis wrote: I'll work with anyone as long as you arent that jerkface BoMToons...

I wouldn't work with you again...not with the 90% you require off the top.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:17:06

Decided to broadcast my music. Heres a song i finished a while ago.

The song

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:17:09

Anybody Want to help program for me? I can do the art.

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:18:01

I am a decent artist that would like to team up with a programmer and audio composer. I specialize in inanimate objects, but I can illustrate people if the need arises which it surely will do. My two flash entries have been created in Liveswif, a basic program that didn't fit my needs. Since then, I have acquired flash and have become skilled with it. An example of my work is below.

If it comes out in reduced quality, try here.
Pm me if you are interested or would like another example.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:19:27

I have a lot of ideas about Sonic if someone wants a storyline for a Sonic game.
But you better be good at drawing naked porcupines.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:21:43

At 5/14/09 04:01 PM, mongoid wrote: I really like the idea of a small panel of accomplished artists and NG employees to decide the relevance of a submission's quality.

We COULD make it ranked by administrators, although my fear is of being accused of favoritism... Where with the community score, at least it's "democracy in action"... But we do have a few months to decide on that once and for all. Maybe we could launch it ranked by score, but switch to manual rank it if the order doesn't feel right...?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:22:29

At 5/14/09 04:07 PM, 25272D wrote:
At 5/14/09 04:01 PM, mongoid wrote: I really like the idea of a small panel of accomplished artists and NG employees to decide the relevance of a submission's quality.
It's impossible to judge fairly like that. The point of a game is to appeal to the populous, even if 5 of the panel members enjoy it, every single member of the public could hate it. Only part of a game is the programming and design, playability and general enjoyment is also a major part and 5 top end people can't decide that, can they?

If everyone is on the same scoring system, it's the safest bet.

I disagree. The current system is easily "hacked", based on a legion of fanboys that vote 5 on anything their beloved artist/programmer makes, and vote 0 on everyone else. It's also influenced by 6 year olds who think that anything with a mario sprite is the best game they've ever played. Popularity, especially that which is derived from a user base of somewhat anonymous voters, often has little to do with the quality of a game. It moves into an agenda-based form of ranking that is demoralizing and unfair to those who put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into their work.

If I was given a high rank from a committee of accomplished developers, I would take that much more seriously than a flood of up-votes from juvenile and sophomoric n00bs.

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:23:14

You know how to prgram a sweet shooting game?

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:25:15

this is an amzing idea and this is something i'm going to get into i can animate and do artwork if there are any programmers or musicans that need any one i'll be cool for that also people who need alot of good ideas i'll be cool for it i have a very creative mind :3 interested PM me please :)

Where am I ... wait where ... what?

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:25:16

That sounds like a swell idea.
Its to bad I don't know anything about art, programming or any of that musician stuff.

COKEHEAD75

Response to Power of Three - Summer Event 2009-05-14 16:26:08

At 5/14/09 04:19 PM, LazyMuffin wrote: I have a lot of ideas about Sonic if someone wants a storyline for a Sonic game.
But you better be good at drawing naked porcupines.

I know you're joking but ON THAT NOTE, I should include that all games must feature original characters. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature