00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I want a kick ass computer

3,652 Views | 49 Replies

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 02:14:51

You are really shallow, PCs get outdated every minute don't bother trying to get the best one because by the time you do another friend would've already gotten one even more better than the one you bought.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 03:44:13

Buy parts to MAKE your own pc (not a shitty laptop)

Get a future-proof motherboard with fast ram (4gb or more) and pci-e
Make sure the motherboard is nicley overclockable (can handle upgrades easy and boost your performance to stop you needing to upgrade in future)

A good gfx card - There are plenty of budget good ones like ATI's 2600 hd's or better (gfx cpu and ram clock speed along with memory aperture - 128-bit at least is important for games)

Budget CPU's go for cheap if you're willing to overclock then there are gold mines such as the intel 5200 dual core.

Use xp... Vista is bollocks

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 03:46:25

Wait for windows 7. Then buy A new computer.

The all seeing eye

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 05:35:58

At 5/3/09 02:14 AM, Hiphopopotamus wrote: You are really shallow, PCs get outdated every minute don't bother trying to get the best one because by the time you do another friend would've already gotten one even more better than the one you bought.

well duh, thats how technology works. I'm not saying im trying to compete with advancing technology, my laptop just doesn't cut it with new games and I eventually want to get a gaming PC. envy over my friends CPU IS a factor, but its not the sole purpose behind me trying to get a gaming PC. perhaps I should have elaborated in my OP.

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 06:59:28

just get mine then

the casing lights up man how cool is that

Iron man is a superhero

Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 07:04:34

Always build your computers to get exactly what you want. Research each piece of the computer, compare prices, make sure everything is compatible, and you could have a monstermachine like mine.

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 08:04:39

At 5/3/09 03:46 AM, maddog-326 wrote: Wait for windows 7. Then buy A new computer.

Care to tell us why? Why should we wait for an OS to come out before we buy a computer? Building your own PCs means that you won't get an OS preinstalled.

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 08:07:53

Alienware computers are the best computers at gaming, every day applications and especially flash. I got one but i'm repairing it right now. Can't wait to finish it!

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 09:20:08

Build your own, you can make his prebuilt(I'm assuming it's prebuilt) piece of shit for half the price, or make something way better for the same price.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 09:55:20

At 5/3/09 01:38 AM, adrastos12 wrote: Core I7 Oc'd to 3.2 GHZ
295GTX dual GPU Nvidia graphics card
6GB triple channel DDR3
650GB Hard Drive
1000W PSU
24" HD 1080P monitor with HDMI hookups

Nice rig bro. Overclock that cpu further, to at least 3.6 GHz. Oh and overclock your GPU. Good luck.

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 09:59:01

At 5/2/09 05:46 AM, TheCrazyLoop wrote: Tip: Do NOT get Vista.

I hate that slow piece of shit.

I'm working better with Vista than I was with XP, and I'm even using AERO....

Yes.

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 10:08:08

MY advice: DO NOT GET VISTA!!

it stinks

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 10:13:29

At 5/3/09 09:59 AM, halfangelfreak wrote:

I'm working better with Vista than I was with XP, and I'm even using AERO....

1) Vista is slower

2) Vista is uglier ( a lot )

3) The layout of Vista sucks

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 10:17:14

At 5/2/09 03:46 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
At 5/2/09 03:01 PM, STEM wrote: You can build a pretty kickass PC with $500, that plays Crysis as well
no that fails because it has Intel

Intel does not fail, the med end intel CPU's have beaten the high end AMD CPU's.

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 11:40:09

At 5/3/09 09:55 AM, TacoFreak wrote:
At 5/3/09 01:38 AM, adrastos12 wrote: Core I7 Oc'd to 3.2 GHZ
295GTX dual GPU Nvidia graphics card
6GB triple channel DDR3
650GB Hard Drive
1000W PSU
24" HD 1080P monitor with HDMI hookups
Nice rig bro. Overclock that cpu further, to at least 3.6 GHz. Oh and overclock your GPU. Good luck.

Thanks
I oc'd my video card a bit and got a little over 20,000 3d marks on 3dmark 06.
One thing about the 295's, they get reeeeaaalllllyyyy hot when you overclock and the card fan gets loud. Im keeping it on normal right now for the noise reduction and I can already play any game at the highest settings so im not too worried about ocing right now. I think some day they are going to have to start making all water cooled systems because the temps on newer faster equipment keep going up. That or make superconductors

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 11:46:02

At 5/2/09 05:42 AM, TheFreedMan wrote: I recently obtained a new laptop with hardware that kicks the living f*** out of my old rig. I was dancing happy for weeks, showing my new rig to my friends, till my best friend gets a glorious sex machine of a computer and completely crushes my ego. I'm thinking about saving some money for a gaming computer, but I don't know where to start in my search for a gaming computer, any suggestions?

GO TO HP. Call them up. That's how I got my computer. QUAD PHENON CORES, AN ATI NVIDIA 1 gig card, 3.0 gighz of processor, 8 gigs of ram, and an HDMI 24 inch monitor, + a lot of other good shit, such as blu ray reader w/ lightscribe.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 11:48:09

At 5/2/09 05:44 AM, vvwSLAYwvv wrote: Alienware computers.

Those things use mother fucking technology from the year 2020, the inside doesn't even look like a computer. They also have laptops, which are bad as because it has a fucking big alien head on it which changes color.

ahahaha, They have the same technology, just an oversized crappy plastic case. Also an oversized price tag.

Build a custom rig yourself.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 11:51:58

At 5/3/09 11:48 AM, milinko959 wrote: ahahaha, They have the same technology, just an oversized crappy plastic case. Also an oversized price tag.

Build a custom rig yourself.

Thank you. Alienware, even though it has really good parts, like the i7 cores, is waaayy overpriced. If you build the shit yourself, you're saving over 1/2 the price that's on the internet. Although I don't trust myself with building a computer, if you know your parts and where they go, you should be fine.
BTW If you're looking for lower prices than alienware but still similar parts (similar as in performance-wise) see my last post. I explain everything there.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 11:56:09

At 5/3/09 10:13 AM, TacoFreak wrote:
1) Vista is slower

2) Vista is uglier ( a lot )

3) The layout of Vista sucks

Actually, in my case:

1) Vista is faster - plays Crysis on maximum.

2) I prefer the circular-ness of it (which isn' a word, I know)

3) It is the same as vista, but now you have the option of adding more advanced features.

4) You are just jumping on the Vista-hate bandwagon. Soon enough, that bandwagon will crash into a wall and burn. BURN!

Response to I want a kick ass computer 2009-05-03 21:35:05

I don't see what everyone is complaining about Visa vs XP. I have vista and it works, I have XP and it works. I honestly don't give a flying f*** about which OS is better than the other. Ive decided to build my own PC and I'll go for what ever's cheaper.