00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Notepad Drawing Collab 09-

48,012 Views | 657 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 02:59:06

At 5/5/09 04:03 PM, johnnycancer wrote:
I think the angle of her breasts is off a bit, given the direction that her torso is turned; I don't know, I mean, if you're only looking at her from like...her breasts down, the anatomy seems about right.

i see what you mean... il try sort that out later...

but, I think it's actually the position of her neck and arms that's throwing the breasts off.

true... again.. il look into it...

Also her left thigh is way too big considering where her knee is supposed to start, but also in comparison with her right thigh.

iv shortened it down after noticing it myself... thanks

One other thing is her hand; I'm pretty sure we'd be able to see at least part of her thumb given how she's gripping that gun.

Sorted that...

You definitely took the suggestion of "busty" to heart,

yep

she doesn't quite have the innocent expression that the previous blonde had. But I guess it's pretty hard to strike a suggestive, half naked pose and look innocent.

how many mech chicks with huge breasts look innocent?... come on she has a sword guy thingy...

Ok, so heres my newer version... not finished yet >.<... bare with me... getting them all to fit in so they look like sketchs... *+ coffee stains and clutter*... Ciao

-LegolaSS

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 03:01:35

At 5/5/09 06:24 AM, Maximus wrote: Can we have the confirmed list?

Sure

At 5/5/09 10:30 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Sorry JKA, here you go

NG Level: 5
A/S/L (lul): 18/M/Pittsburgh
Artists Comments: No use crying over spilled pigment

Cheers ;P

At 5/5/09 12:11 PM, SimonG wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/050509/6 5260_Untitled-1.png

NG Level: 13
Age/Gender: 15 / male
Artists comments: A dude in a volcano was the first thing I came up with...

Awesome :D

At 5/5/09 02:47 PM, LegolaSS wrote: As i said... here we go... so far i have finalised the outline i want, i did some paper scribbles that look similar to this but as i was drawing i wanted to change things and tweak things and add bits, removed bits, move things.... you get the idea... any crits are very welcome... (im going to refine the large curves... its very hard to do when zoomed and drawing over your own very colourful scribbles... >.<

she is sort of based on a combo of the two pictures i have posted in this thread so far... >:3

so here she is... or at least the WIP version... your thoughts?
.... oh... i nearly forgot... ciao :3

Awesome, I'd recommend coloring this. I also think that it looks perfect and there's really no need for improvements (Except the coloring). Awesome work ;P

At 5/5/09 03:24 PM, Rogue-Wolf54 wrote:
At 5/5/09 03:15 PM, SirSleepsalot wrote: Hey, i was thinking about posting a sketch, but i have a few questions. I didn't see the first collab, so yeah... I'm guessing the size requirement is for both the drawings and the easter eggs?
Also, can we do pen drawings on paper? I don't have flash or photoshop. I do have gimp though. If this is acceptable i'll post one or two. Thanks!
well the size requirement is whatever the dimensions of the "paper" background supplied is.

Exactly. 'ALL' the info is on the first page of this thread, read that!

You can use paper, but only if you can fit it onto the BG provided.

At 5/5/09 03:34 PM, Rogue-Wolf54 wrote: Maybe or maybe not, but I don't think I put my art on spamtheweb sohere.

And if for some reason you needed my info again.

NG Level: 12
Quote:"I prefer drawing people over anything...so here's a good example"

And just out of curiosity-and maybe someone asked this already- but can we supply more than one drawing?

Awesome, I love it :3

You can do up to 4 drawings and only one Easter Egg!

At 5/5/09 06:38 PM, flashwarrior wrote: Okay I'm trying again.
I'm terrible for drawing that. Anyways:
NG Level: 18
Age/Gender: 13 male
Artists comments: I'm terrible fpor drawing this. the notes in the background is an article on the gulf war off of wikipedia, i don't exactly know why I put it there.

If it would look better without the writing in the bg i could take it out.

Nice, I like it ;D
Approved Artists-

14etan
ArtisticArsonist
austinbreed
Captain-Ben
Deadclever23
Evilmind90
flashwarrior
GcpFTW
idiot-monarch
IDuDe
J-qb
Jerry-Springer
KillerKandyKorn
Kyaztro
LegolaSS
Maximus
MX2000
nathanielmilburn-3 submissions
Nuke15
Nuttro
Rhunyc
Rogue-Wolf54
SimonG
Sorrygirl99
TheOutsiders
TheShyGuy
vylent.

If your name wasn't on the list, sorry. You didn't make it through.

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 03:05:31

At 5/6/09 03:01 AM, JKAmovies wrote: If your name wasn't on the list, sorry. You didn't make it through.

Is the goal still to get 200 submissions? I think it's a good goal, but, seeing that list made me realize just how big a task that is.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 03:20:05

ooh nice to see ShyGuy got in

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 03:22:45

200... just depends how long you want it to stay going for... so far i have made three, and i might add another now and again... so if you got around 80-120 people to do a couple or more then your have 200 good submitions... who knows... its up to you really :3... (must start planning what to do for hidden easter egg... :3)

Ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 08:03:33

Here is a wip of my entry.. I call i meltdown..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 14:34:10

At 5/6/09 08:03 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is a wip of my entry.. I call i meltdown..

nice work there Lundsfryd... iv seen some other stuff you do... top notch!...

anway... iv taken more comments on board... of my mech chick thing... iv added some ink colour (want it to look realistic) and added more mess ups and clutter and stuff....

im so messy arnt i?...

So without any more waiting... heres my second proper attempt... Ciao

once again crit is heavly welcome

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 15:45:04

At 5/6/09 03:01 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
Awesome, I love it :3

You can do up to 4 drawings and only one Easter Egg!

Thanks. This is another one that I decided to do. Here's the PNG as well.

This picture is also on my deviantart as well just to let you know.

thanks for the approval too, JKA.

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 18:01:08

WHAT?! Nath has 3 submissions? I won't let that spotlight hogging manwhore steal away the show!

time to bang out some more pieces

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 18:56:36

ok here is a different one since you guys didn't like my old one, its a picture i drew by hand, scanned it, added in a colorful background, and put on the piece of paper. it is my original piece of work and i hope it makes it this time.

age/gender: 16 ( will be 17 next saturday) / male
comments: "Here is a NewGround Sorceror"

here is PNG link

PNG Picture

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-06 21:56:23

Oh yeah! my quote for that one would be "Chuck Norris doesn't have a watch..he decides what time it is"

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 03:55:07

Update. This is pretty close to being done. I could see myself doing more on it, but, at least you've got this in case I can't find the motivation to do anything else to it. Her nipples are...very pink, but, I have to say, she definitely looks better with nipples. I am really happy with the hair color actually; it came out exactly the way I wanted it to.

Anyway, this took me about 20 minutes to draw, maybe another 20-30 to ink (with actual ink 'cause I'm old school like that), and then around 3 hours to color. So, close to 4 hours of work in this. I'm just throwing that out there for people who have submitted stuff and haven't gotten an approval from JKAmovies so you can kind of gauge your own efforts in comparison, Not that you need to take 4 hours; there's lots of cool pics on here that didn't take 4 hours to finish (Captain-Ben being a great example); but trying to coast by on the bare minimum isn't a good attitude to have about collabs, so, you know, spend a little extra time on stuff and see if something good doesn't happen.

Now watch JKAmovies tell me this is unacceptable quality!

I'll post a .png after I've had some time to do any touchups I feel are necessary and take into consideration any comments and criticisms people have.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 04:36:32

looking fab!, if i could give some crit it would have to be mabey more shading?... at the moment its a three tone shade (base/shade/shadow) mabey add some ligher tones.. (if you wanted to spend more time on it), i dont know what sort of effect your are after but it looks cool anway, defently your style jonny... if you wanted to you could dull the whole thing down so it looks a tad more realistic... at the moment it seems to colourfull... but thats up to you... just my view on the topic :3

got to love wolf's work as well... sketches work well in this consept... :3... *more thumbs up*...

we have a good strong backbone of artwork going on... just need a about 160 more pictures o.O

Ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 04:55:08

At 5/7/09 04:36 AM, LegolaSS wrote: looking fab!, if i could give some crit it would have to be mabey more shading?... at the moment its a three tone shade (base/shade/shadow) mabey add some ligher tones.. (if you wanted to spend more time on it),

Actually that's helpful. Taking a second look here I can see some places where things should be a little darker than just the shade tones I've got at the moment.

if you wanted to you could dull the whole thing down so it looks a tad more realistic... at the moment it seems to colourfull... but thats up to you... just my view on the topic :3

That's hillarious because I actually used Irfan view to tone the color down a bit. I don't know, I just tend to go for bright colors and like a stylized animation feel (not that stylized though). Somebody told me once that my work is in sort of an awkward position between cartooning and realism, which, I guess is a valid observation. When you say dull the color, do you mean, like, desaturate it? Or, just tune down the brightness on some of the colors?

we have a good strong backbone of artwork going on... just need a about 160 more pictures o.O

It is getting much closer to the goal that I ever would have guessed it would. Should be interesting to see who steps up next.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 05:11:04

At 5/7/09 04:55 AM, johnnycancer wrote:

:When you say dull the color, do you mean, like, desaturate it? Or, just tune down the brightness on some of the colors?

play around with it... after all, it is your artwork... it was just a thought because some of them colors (like the fireball / falling star) is very vibrant compared to the rest of the grays blues and blacks, the woman stands out with her bold contrasting colors, just lighten things up a tad or two and see what you think...

It is getting much closer to the goal that I ever would have guessed it would. Should be interesting to see who steps up next.

Who knows what mysterys await... Dun Dun Duuuuun *dramatic pause*

I'm going to do some finishing touches on my two proper ones (and maybe my first scribble) and post links to them later in this post... also my comments on them...
1st scribble - Busty blond chick does not approve! - Access denied... Ciao
zealot - Ciao
mech chick - Ciao chicka wowa!

Ciao :3

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 06:29:59

At 5/6/09 03:05 AM, johnnycancer wrote: Is the goal still to get 200 submissions? I think it's a good goal, but, seeing that list made me realize just how big a task that is.

That's the goal, but I don't think I'll reach that (Maybe close to it though). Hopefully I'll get 200 :3

At 5/6/09 08:03 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is a wip of my entry.. I call i meltdown..

Looks really good so far, can't wait to see it finished ;P

At 5/6/09 02:34 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
nice work there Lundsfryd... iv seen some other stuff you do... top notch!...

anway... iv taken more comments on board... of my mech chick thing... iv added some ink colour (want it to look realistic) and added more mess ups and clutter and stuff....
im so messy arnt i?...
So without any more waiting... heres my second proper attempt... Ciao

once again crit is heavly welcome

Looks much better now, It'll look better with some more colours and shading I'd say, either way, Awesome :D

At 5/6/09 03:45 PM, Rogue-Wolf54 wrote: Thanks. This is another one that I decided to do. Here's the PNG as well.

This picture is also on my deviantart as well just to let you know.

thanks for the approval too, JKA.

Evan better than the first, this will definitely make it through :D

At 5/7/09 03:55 AM, johnnycancer wrote: Update. This is pretty close to being done. I could see myself doing more on it, but, at least you've got this in case I can't find the motivation to do anything else to it. Her nipples are...very pink, but, I have to say, she definitely looks better with nipples. I am really happy with the hair color actually; it came out exactly the way I wanted it to.

Anyway, this took me about 20 minutes to draw, maybe another 20-30 to ink (with actual ink 'cause I'm old school like that), and then around 3 hours to color. So, close to 4 hours of work in this. I'm just throwing that out there for people who have submitted stuff and haven't gotten an approval from JKAmovies so you can kind of gauge your own efforts in comparison, Not that you need to take 4 hours; there's lots of cool pics on here that didn't take 4 hours to finish (Captain-Ben being a great example); but trying to coast by on the bare minimum isn't a good attitude to have about collabs, so, you know, spend a little extra time on stuff and see if something good doesn't happen.

Now watch JKAmovies tell me this is unacceptable quality!
I'll post a .png after I've had some time to do any touchups I feel are necessary and take into consideration any comments and criticisms people have.

This would have to be one of my faves so far (There are many others that are on my fave list, don't worry about that, I'll announce that later on). I 'REALLY' like the shading ink colour, looks excellent. I don't really see anything that needs improving, but if you want to add anything else that could snaz it up a bit, be my guest :3

One and final announcement. And this is a big one so make sure you read it:

My Internet on my computer has screwed up and can't fix it at this time being (I'm using my bros computer right now). So I can't use internet and may be un-responsive for a little while (which sucks). So I'm gunna leave Captain-Ben in charge while I'm away, so he's gunna be helping out and giving you good critiques while I'm off (I'll do my best to keep in contact).

Thank you~JKAmovies

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 19:09:57

ha...he he...ha ha ha MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And johnny i'd keep the 3 tone shading as it is, it looks slick and stylish!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 19:23:02

At 5/7/09 07:09 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: ha...he he...ha ha ha MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can you already start to feel absolute power corrupting you absolutely?

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-07 22:35:15

I'm gonna put in one more pic. It should be done by tomorrow. :D

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-08 10:50:39

I am working on this, but i really don't like it. So I am going to make something else...

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-08 11:51:37

Gosh, sorry I never contributed, I'm so lazy it's unbelievable haha.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-08 16:55:59

Okay. I've made another drawing, I hope this one is good enough.

This is the PNG

NG Level: 9
Age/Gender: 13/Male
Artists comments: It's just a face. I've been working on this for about one hour. It's completely drawn with the mouse. Btw, pupils suck.

Here's the (low-quality) JPG:

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-08 17:08:56

Tieseit Not too crazy about the last pic you posted, i think you can do a little better than that. The first one you posted had much more promise to it, i think you should try and roll with something like that :)

Also I have very sad news, JKA's computer is in worse condition than he thought, and it's looking like he's going to have to wipe his hardrive amongst other shenanigans to try and fix his computer. So it might take a little longer than he thought to pick back up with the collab.

But don't fear! I'll still be pushing the collab forward, so please still submit art! The deadline may be extended if JKA can't get his computer in line.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-08 17:37:53

At 5/8/09 05:08 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Also I have very sad news, JKA's computer is in worse condition than he thought, and it's looking like he's going to have to wipe his hardrive amongst other shenanigans to try and fix his computer. So it might take a little longer than he thought to pick back up with the collab.

Yikes! That's never good news when you're dealing with collabs, but, it doesn't sound that earth shattering either. I seem to recall McJesus had a similar problem towards the end of the Metropolis Disaster Art Collab and, as far as I know, that's still going strong. So definitely not any reason for people to stop posting their submissions. If anything, it gives everybody more reason to post stuff to make sure JKAmovies knows the collab hasn't died in his absence.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 10:22:25

I've brouht my two drawings together, and i've made some improvments.
Maybe this one is good enough.

The PNG

NG Level: 9
Age/Gender: 13/Male
Artists comments: It's someone who is thinking about the time when he was a ninja :3

And here is the JPG (low-quality):

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 10:29:34

So... Is this still open for me to join?

D:

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 10:39:44

Yeah, I totally want in too. ;D

I'm going to start on mine today!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 10:40:02

At 5/9/09 10:29 AM, MeMB wrote: So... Is this still open for me to join?

D:

yup, just make your entry and then the judges will let you know if youre in.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 11:31:36

Hey JKA, I missed this topic and haven't been on the NG BBS for a while.
is there still place for me ^_^?

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-09 11:43:36

Ta daaaaaa! Probably the last submission for this collab from me. Took me at least an hour or so.

Here is the PNG version.

My quote will be "Sam's gunnin' for ya, Biyatch!"