00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Notepad Drawing Collab 09-

48,093 Views | 657 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 10:43:59

Improvements?

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 13:24:20

ok like i said i was going to do a proper one... so here it is... WIP

any crit / ideas or problems... please let me know so i can touch it up.. i wanted it to look rough like a notepad drawing or a idea sketch... its based on a zelot from startcraft

Check out my five year old moives

*ahem*... ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 13:27:26

Legolass the coffee ring is genius!! I'm really jealous i didn't think of that first.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 13:31:24

At 5/4/09 01:27 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Legolass the coffee ring is genius!! I'm really jealous i didn't think of that first.

its not very orginal but hey... no one has used it yet... iv just realised that i forgot to smudge the drawing as well... *i did the scribbles* i think it need more "workins out" and little pictures... also another spatter somewhere... i dont know if i want to colour it in... it might ruin it... il have a go on another layer once i get closer to finishing it... thanks for the view.. any crit?.... ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 13:38:30

At 5/4/09 01:31 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
its not very orginal but hey... no one has used it yet... iv just realised that i forgot to smudge the drawing as well... *i did the scribbles* i think it need more "workins out" and little pictures... also another spatter somewhere... i dont know if i want to colour it in... it might ruin it... il have a go on another layer once i get closer to finishing it... thanks for the view.. any crit?.... ciao

Well, maybe you should make the signature more pencil like, but everything else its awesome, also you shouldn't color it, it looks more sketchy this way.

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 13:48:24

Yeah i wouldn't color it, but what would be cool is if you wanted to bring attention to certain areas or details you can "color" it with a different kind of stain or something behind it, like ketchup or something

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 14:22:34

At 5/4/09 01:48 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Yeah i wouldn't color it, but what would be cool is if you wanted to bring attention to certain areas or details you can "color" it with a different kind of stain or something behind it, like ketchup or something

Ketchup?!... im not some sort of slob!... i dont even drink coffee!... (my girlfriend found it amusing)...

so far i have added some bits and pieces from your comments... i want more smudges and clutter... might try to get a crease in it or something.. i dont know... but here is another update and most likey nearly finished...

any more ideas you want to throw at it.. be my guest... just a few bits and pieces i feel that need touching up... but we will see...

in other news

i dont know what to do for the easter egg... cant figure it out... i havent really got an idea for it either... oh well... il see what i can create in the near future...

and one final thing... ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 18:29:33

Here you go JKA, in all it's glory. I'll figure out what i'm doing for an easter egg and get on that in a bit. If you need anything else let me know!

Click HERE for not shat quality

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 18:37:15

At 5/4/09 06:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Here you go JKA, in all it's glory.

Now that's a quality collab submission right there. I like it. Very much your signature style and simple but highly effective use of color. Just out of curiosity, how long did that take you to do?

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 18:43:09

I dunno, spent maybe 45 min to an hour on it. Just a quicky

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 20:29:26

At 5/2/09 09:06 PM, JKAmovies wrote:
At 5/2/09 11:49 AM, flashwarrior wrote: Flashwarrior
Sorry, it looks like it's MS paint (I know it's not) but just isn't what I'm looking for, sorry mate :c

Can I try again with a different picture? D:

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 20:30:26

Flashwarrior you can try as many times as you want, just try and make sure it's better than the last picture

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-04 20:32:24

At 5/4/09 02:22 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
in other news

I don't know...I like this one too, but, somehow, it doesn't appeal to me quite as much as a busty blonde girl does.

Now, a busty blonde chick in a mech, well...that would be a different story.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 02:08:48

so you want a busty blond chick in a meck?.... no problem... :3

*i really need a better combo then a mouse and flash mx*

time to get some hot chicks in heavy metal mecks done...

ciao

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 02:44:09

At 5/5/09 02:08 AM, LegolaSS wrote: so you want a busty blond chick in a meck?.... no problem... :3

time to get some hot chicks in heavy metal mecks done...

Umm...fucking sweet!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 02:45:21

At 5/4/09 02:56 AM, Clonaver wrote: At last, my Wesker creation is finished, hope its acceptable :D

Sorry. . . :(

At 5/4/09 10:43 AM, SimonG wrote: Improvements?

No, not really.

I really like this, Send me a PNG format and fill out the info required.

At 5/4/09 01:24 PM, LegolaSS wrote: ok like i said i was going to do a proper one... so here it is... WIP

any crit / ideas or problems... please let me know so i can touch it up.. i wanted it to look rough like a notepad drawing or a idea sketch... its based on a zelot from startcraft

Check out my five year old moives
*ahem*... ciao

WOW!

This is just amazing :P
(P.S I really like that coffee stain you put on the paper, nice idea)

At 5/4/09 06:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Here you go JKA, in all it's glory. I'll figure out what i'm doing for an easter egg and get on that in a bit. If you need anything else let me know!

Click HERE for not shat quality

AWESOME, the wait was worth it, this is an amazing job Ben :3

Love the paint/colour stains on the face, looks great.

But you forgot the authors info though >:3

At 5/5/09 02:08 AM, LegolaSS wrote: *i really need a better combo then a mouse and flash mx*

You're not the only one using a mouse ;P
I think your doing awesome with one anyway :)

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 06:24:34

Can we have the confirmed list?

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 10:30:27

At 5/4/09 02:56 AM, Clonaver wrote: At last, my Wesker creation is finished, hope its acceptable :D

in case it is acceptable:
NG Level: 5 (wish it was 13 with the Sweeny Todd razor)
Age/Gender: 13 / male
Artists comments: I always enjoyed Wesker coolishly saying ¨charmed¨ when he met new people (or zombies) :D

here is png.

Sorry JKA, here you go

NG Level: 5
A/S/L (lul): 18/M/Pittsburgh
Artists Comments: No use crying over spilled pigment

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 10:32:34

Ooops, didn't mean to quote all that shit, just used it to remember what all the info was XD

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 12:11:54

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/050509/6 5260_Untitled-1.png

NG Level: 13
Age/Gender: 15 / male
Artists comments: A dude in a volcano was the first thing I came up with...

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 14:37:37

At 5/5/09 02:45 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
Sorry. . . :(

bleh... i´ll try something else :D

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 14:47:03

At 5/5/09 02:44 AM, johnnycancer wrote:
At 5/5/09 02:08 AM, LegolaSS wrote: time to get some hot chicks in heavy metal mechs done...
Umm...fucking sweet!

As i said... here we go... so far i have finalised the outline i want, i did some paper scribbles that look similar to this but as i was drawing i wanted to change things and tweak things and add bits, removed bits, move things.... you get the idea... any crits are very welcome... (im going to refine the large curves... its very hard to do when zoomed and drawing over your own very colourful scribbles... >.<

she is sort of based on a combo of the two pictures i have posted in this thread so far... >:3

so here she is... or at least the WIP version... your thoughts?

.... oh... i nearly forgot... ciao :3

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 15:15:46

Hey, i was thinking about posting a sketch, but i have a few questions. I didn't see the first collab, so yeah... I'm guessing the size requirement is for both the drawings and the easter eggs?
Also, can we do pen drawings on paper? I don't have flash or photoshop. I do have gimp though. If this is acceptable i'll post one or two. Thanks!

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 15:24:45

At 5/5/09 03:15 PM, SirSleepsalot wrote: Hey, i was thinking about posting a sketch, but i have a few questions. I didn't see the first collab, so yeah... I'm guessing the size requirement is for both the drawings and the easter eggs?
Also, can we do pen drawings on paper? I don't have flash or photoshop. I do have gimp though. If this is acceptable i'll post one or two. Thanks!

well the size requirement is whatever the dimensions of the "paper" background supplied is.

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 15:25:46

ok i made one with the piece of paper you gave us, it is something i would doodle and i used corel paint shop pro photo IV and it took close to 40 minutes to make. it is from the newgrounds flash animation Awsome center redux made by egoraptor if i am not mistaken. uhh i uploaded it here to newgrounds in jpeg form and i have a saved copy in png format but i need to know how to get that version to you.

so heres the rest of tthe information you need
age/gender: 16 / male
Rank: i am currently rank 3 but on friday May 8, i will be rank 4
comments: "Brings back memories of EgoRaptor's Awsome videos :) "

ya so i hope that you can tell me how to get the PNG version to you, i know its kinda crappy but since its something iwouls raw on a notepad thats what i would draw, also i note that corel paintshop pro photoe is not a good artistic tool.

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 15:34:17

Maybe or maybe not, but I don't think I put my art on spamtheweb sohere.

And if for some reason you needed my info again.

NG Level: 12
Quote:"I prefer drawing people over anything...so here's a good example"

And just out of curiosity-and maybe someone asked this already- but can we supply more than one drawing?

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 16:03:47

At 5/5/09 02:47 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
so here she is... or at least the WIP version... your thoughts?

Looks pretty good so far. I think the angle of her breasts is off a bit, given the direction that her torso is turned; I don't know, I mean, if you're only looking at her from like...her breasts down, the anatomy seems about right, but, I think it's actually the position of her neck and arms that's throwing the breasts off. Also her left thigh is way too big considering where her knee is supposed to start, but also in comparison with her right thigh.

One other thing is her hand; I'm pretty sure we'd be able to see at least part of her thumb given how she's gripping that gun.

Aside from that I think it's looking pretty awesome; pretty much exactly the kind of anime chick in futuristic battle armor that I was envisioning. You definitely took the suggestion of "busty" to heart, which I can appreciate, although, she doesn't quite have the innocent expression that the previous blonde had. But I guess it's pretty hard to strike a suggestive, half naked pose and look innocent.

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 17:03:26

ok i put my PNG version fo the drawing on spamtheweb here is the link

My Picture in PNG format

here is my info again

age/gender: 16 / male
Comment: "I hope this picture reminds you of Egoraptor's funny Awsome videos"

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 18:35:30

Ey Lego-lass,
It looks kewl, just the left boob is too high, according to the perspective, the boobers should be about the same height, the left may be just a bit higher..

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to -Notepad Drawing Collab 09- 2009-05-05 18:38:58

Okay I'm trying again.
I'm terrible for drawing that. Anyways:
NG Level: 18
Age/Gender: 13 male
Artists comments: I'm terrible fpor drawing this. the notes in the background is an article on the gulf war off of wikipedia, i don't exactly know why I put it there.

If it would look better without the writing in the bg i could take it out.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg