00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rev Share and RSS

103,285 Views | 374 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:33:25

At 4/15/09 09:15 PM, blackblade9 wrote: do u have to be part of a company or make flash to be part of the revenue? I dont make flash( i really want to ill start soon) and i'm not part of a company, so does this mean i can't be part of this revenue system???

Read through the posts. Once you fill in your details in your account settings, you ARE eligible to get monies, IF your user page generates any. Clicking repeatedly on ads in your user page will not do anything, other than maybe getting you wiped out of the system.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:41:19

Mr Tom Fulp you must not care bout your son that much cause my choco bunny flash still hasnt been frontpaged!

Rev Share and RSS

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:43:16

I have 7 flashes submitted to newgrounds, and i am signed up for the revenue. it has been 2 hours. why have i not gained any money yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:46:37

At 4/15/09 09:43 PM, xenonmonkey wrote: I have 7 flashes submitted to newgrounds, and i am signed up for the revenue. it has been 2 hours. why have i not gained any money yet?

I suppose it is inevitable that there are people out there who don't understand how the world works.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:47:40

At 4/15/09 09:46 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/15/09 09:43 PM, xenonmonkey wrote: I have 7 flashes submitted to newgrounds, and i am signed up for the revenue. it has been 2 hours. why have i not gained any money yet?
I suppose it is inevitable that there are people out there who don't understand how the world works.

don't be like that liljim... i don't fully understand the system

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:49:52

Adult content isn't eligible, and all your stuff seems to be hentai.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 21:54:34

At 4/15/09 09:47 PM, xenonmonkey wrote:
At 4/15/09 09:46 PM, liljim wrote:
don't be like that liljim... i don't fully understand the system

If people watch your submissions (and you have ads in your submissions) or go to your pages, good.
If they then click your ads in your submissions or pages, better.
If no-one does either of those things, bad.
If you try and inflate stats somehow, bad.

The stats are updated every hour.

Does that help any?

Just because you have signed up for this thing, it doesn't mean you're going to be earning any money at all, you gotta fit into one of the above criteria. There are further stipulations, which have been explained throughout this thread. so have a read through all of those.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:00:58

At 4/15/09 09:52 PM, statueofdiveo wrote: Seriously how do I cancel my revenue account?

did you actually enable your revenue sharing and fill out the address and everything?

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:03:10

At 4/15/09 08:11 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote: If I, as a member of NG, with no audio or flash but post alot on the BBS and hang out on this website almost exclusively, relying on strangers to click on my user page either on the forums or links i provide on other sites, would it be benificial to me to sign up for this service? Or would I be wasting my time?

If people visit your page, you will potentially earn revenue... It just might take a while to reach the $50 minimum payout, although we might do a lower payout at the end of each year or allow conversion to store credit.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:08:25

I have no money. Why is this? Is it that the list is updated everyday or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:15:02

I have another question, if my audio is used in a flash submission, do i get any of the money that flash generates?

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:16:09

Wow, I'm genuinely impressed. =)

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:23:52

I just noticed something -

I have a website and I use the google adsense service to put ads on it. I got about 600 impressions and 26 clicks and I have $15. On newgrounds, I have about 1020 impressions (? clicks) and i got $0.84. What's with this? (the counter on the website says like 60 but theres somethin wrong with it)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:31:15

At 4/15/09 10:23 PM, polles wrote: I have a website and I use the google adsense service to put ads on it. I got about 600 impressions and 26 clicks and I have $15. On newgrounds, I have about 1020 impressions (? clicks) and i got $0.84. What's with this? (the counter on the website says like 60 but theres somethin wrong with it)

Fewer people clicked your ads on NG?

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:37:21

I just want to bring up a point that is often talked about in the audio forum, and that is the creative commons license; the license that all the Audio Portal songs are automatically put under.

Currently, it is not allowed for a flash artist to use your song in a commercial flash project, without your consent... correct? This rev share kind of bends this rule now... does it not? Even if the ads aren't in the flash itself, the flash artist is still making money from people watching his/her flash, while the audio artist doesn't receive anything but recognition?

OR

Do the flash artists now have to ask the audio artists for permission for every single time they use a song, whether it be a commercial project or not?

I'm merely questioning this, not complaining at all, as it works for me in both ways.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:39:00

At 4/15/09 10:23 PM, polles wrote: I just noticed something -

I have a website and I use the google adsense service to put ads on it. I got about 600 impressions and 26 clicks and I have $15. On newgrounds, I have about 1020 impressions (? clicks) and i got $0.84. What's with this? (the counter on the website says like 60 but theres somethin wrong with it)

not only do clicks play a huge part like liljim said, but we're talking about two entirely different advertising networks. When companies purchase ads they offer to pay out in varying rates based on clicks and/or impressions. These figures can vary greatly week to week on the same network, let alone different ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:40:27

damnit

and i was just about to release my $oop4z n!nt3ndoUGH4$4 pokemon hentai tribute collab

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:41:08

At 4/15/09 10:32 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
At 4/15/09 09:28 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/15/09 09:06 PM, Sonucais wrote: Would be really interesting have a RSS for the news actually, really interesting.
News? Explain what you mean, please.
I think what he meant was to make an RSS feed for the news post aswell as the submissions so we'd get notified as soon as someone writes a news post....
if that wasn't what he was asking then that is still what I myself would wanna know :P

Ok... Well, Tom mentioned in his first post that there will be news post rss feeds soon. So it's not a case of it being "would be nice to have", more so a case of "you're gonna have it."

If it's site news you're after, click the rss link at the bottom of any page on the site and you'll have it.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 22:43:14

Wow. As history dictates, Newgrounds just keeps getting better and better :) Thanks Tom and staff!

Find a mountain to stand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 23:00:53

Are you sure bots and scripts won't be a problem?

Ninja Kow... When your beef NEEDS to be sneaky.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 23:01:08

Sounds cool but I don't have a PayPal address and cant get one as of yet but I do think its cool idea. Are not many sites doing this now?

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 23:27:33

Hot damn that's amazing. I can't imagine how many hours of tedious programming and testing that took. I can't praise you guys enough (not that I'll be getting a share of the pie anyways).

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-15 23:37:34

At 4/15/09 05:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: Rev share will be a part of the Writers' Portal when it launches!

This is what caught my attention.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 00:12:40

At 4/15/09 10:23 PM, polles wrote: I have a website and I use the google adsense service to put ads on it. I got about 600 impressions and 26 clicks and I have $15. On newgrounds, I have about 1020 impressions (? clicks) and i got $0.84. What's with this? (the counter on the website says like 60 but theres somethin wrong with it)

600 impressions isn't a lot to go by, but if you kept making money at that rate, you're getting a $25 eCPM with your Google ads... Sounds like you got some lucky keywords and lucky clicks, but lemme know how things shape up with those google ads over the next few weeks because ours have performed in the pocket change cpm range.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 00:25:05

Wow, now I see why the old setup was in beta. You guys fulfilled ALL my dreams with the levels of granularity you gave me on the reports. GREAT job, really. And thanks for all the dough that you're trickling my way :)

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 00:43:37

I have two questions about the Rev Share system.

1. Does this mean that in-flash API ads won't make us any more moneys?

2. I know that atleast one person must have viewed my userpage since I registered for revenue sharing, because there is one more response to my latest news post than there was before. How come when I check the amount of revenue that I made, I still don't have a list under where my graph should be that states that I got one userpage view, probably giving me maybe, one hundreth of a penny. Does it only tell you about views once you have enough revenue to be greater than or equal to one cent?

Ye

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 01:24:01

Tom, your post mentions "non-adult Flash and Audio pages" - one of my more popular Flash submissions is a "adult" game, does this mean I can only add the ads to other (non-nude) games I've submitted? And what about my user page, could I add it there too?

Also, if you choose the cheque option, can it be deposited anywhere in the world?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 01:25:18

Holy shit, this is one thing I did not see coming. Again, NG never ceases to amaze me.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 01:40:44

My stats for aqua slug say it earned $1.33, but it says my share is $0.00. I double checked my rev split and it's set to 50-50. What's up with that? All my other statistics are correct.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 02:13:39

At 4/16/09 12:43 AM, UberCream wrote: 1. Does this mean that in-flash API ads won't make us any more moneys?

No, why would it? API and in-page ads are both tracked on the graph

2. I know that atleast one person must have viewed my userpage since I registered for revenue sharing, because there is one more response to my latest news post than there was before. How come when I check the amount of revenue that I made, I still don't have a list under where my graph should be that states that I got one userpage view, probably giving me maybe, one hundreth of a penny. Does it only tell you about views once you have enough revenue to be greater than or equal to one cent?

from Tom on page 3:
"The graph only tracks items that have either made money or had at least 1000 impressions. The chart only tracks things that have made money... So taking that under consideration it hopefully makes more sense. The ads are a majority performance-based, so clicks and/or sign-ups."

BBS Signature