00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG top medal point users list

872,840 Views | 9,725 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-03-31 22:18:06

Sweet, I'm at number 13 with 2025, to bad today I just got 2 more FUI2 Medals to give me

2125 :DDD

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-03-31 22:33:19

At 3/31/09 03:10 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: OK, first update, now counting the top 50.

Thanks for the update Hybrid, just becuse i'm not on the list i hope that one day the list is expanded to around 650 because i just don't have to much time to play the games. Now with this feature it shows us the users who are playing the games all day and the one who are lazy shits :::like myself:::
Or it's just the stat whores getting there points.

Comments:

:Since I changed the number of users on the list from last time, I'll be calculating differences in ranks next update.

Looks like this list will take of and not just be forgotten after some pages. A goog thing becuse another stat list for me to posibly be on and post in.

-I'm still looking for users, too. I'll just have to add that they're new when I'm going over rank differences.

Keeping this list is going to be time consuming. Unlike the onter list it would not take more than a week to get to 1,300 points if you really try. All the other lists could take years to make it that far and there are not so meny interested in b/p as they are in gaming so it seems.

-Obviously, scores shot up thanks to NG Pass 3, mostly by and easy 500 points for 18 medals.
Ya, i took advantage of that and got all of them in about 20 minutes. Now if he does it for the other games thats like another free 1,000 points @;-}>

-Expect to see other stupid comments in further updates.

Big list is big......

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-03-31 22:39:23

At 3/31/09 07:05 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
Microsoft word screenshot

Oh damn i really feel bad for you now, your using Microsoft word ? You are a carzy man for this. I Tried using this for the EGB roster list and wanted to kill myself it took 2 hours to get all 35 :::at the time, its about 50 now::: anyways it was time consuming and boing to do as well. 35 thank you's would not be enough for me i want money for it 2$ evey user i do @;-}> Back on track now, you must have almost 100 on that list now right? Are you using excel at all, i think it would really help for this. It must be hell updating this list and the weeks to come will be worse yet !

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-03-31 23:33:36

Damn wylo u have to much time on your hands >:(

Lazymuffin <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-03-31 23:39:50

With that new game out now you're gonna have quite the task ahead of you. But good looks on making a list. I'll thank you for your time right now. But yeah today alone I added 800 or so points to my medal score.

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-01 01:13:56

Right now I have 1710 points, would that get me anywhere?

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-01 01:42:03

Wylo has spotted you already, you should be on the next list update, considering you have at least the minimum amount of points by then.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 04:06:26

Oh yeah Number 3!, im most likey going to stay at that rank for a while... im not budging that easy!

-LegolaSS

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 04:14:41

Collected all the medals for Deliver that Fulp yesterday :) Sadly it was only worth 155 points, but it brings me up to 1960 which hopefully ranks me up on the list too :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 05:34:05

Yes got all medals from delive that fulp now i have 1740 points awesome

Whens the new list ??

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 05:37:43

At 4/2/09 05:34 AM, q13qew wrote: Whens the new list ??

When it's there. Don't be so impatient. Hybrid-Of-Souls said he would update it weekly, last update was on 03/31, so go figure.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 06:26:26

Now I have 1865 Points... FU2 is terrible for me, sigh I get no medals......

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 07:10:46

At 4/2/09 05:37 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/2/09 05:34 AM, q13qew wrote: Whens the new list ??
When it's there. Don't be so impatient. Hybrid-Of-Souls said he would update it weekly, last update was on 03/31, so go figure.

It's amazing how the medals brought so many more people to the Wi/Ht that have no clue how things work here. Ha, it's like they think he has the time to count people's scores every day and post them. There wouldn't be a point of doing that anyway. I would hate a list that was more than once a week. That would just really take the point out of it.

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 09:31:08

At 3/31/09 07:05 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
Who said I was completely forgetting about them?
Every user I come across with a good score gets on the list, top 50 or not. If it makes some people feel better, I can make a top 100 when I get enough users.
Microsoft word screenshot

Well yeah the more games that contain levels, the more users who will try to get them, the bigger the list will become, naturally.

But I'm concerned about the list being correct. Say Wylo goes on holiday for 2 weeks and doesn't do any medal earning and in that time someone else takes the number 1 spot and he goes down to 2. Based on how you've currently made the list - You would drop Wylo from the list until he is back and earns more medals. So the list wouldn't be right as someone else would be in his rightful spot and he'd be gone from it for the time being. Even if someone wants to give up getting medals, as long as they have a higher number and they belong on the list they should be on the list, doesn't matter if they're active or not, that's part of the fun of taking people over.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 10:59:11

At 3/26/09 10:57 PM, Gagsy wrote: *sigh*

If this is going to be like an official list now, it means I'll need to whore the medal games some more. A stat whores job is never done.
At 3/26/09 11:26 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 3/26/09 10:57 PM, Gagsy wrote: *sigh*
A stat whores job is never done.
Yeah, well it's worse for us new stat whores who have to catch up to people like you.
At 3/31/09 04:06 PM, Gooch wrote: So many stats for a stat whore to collect, so little time.
At 3/31/09 05:07 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/31/09 03:10 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: 42. Ismael92 | 1535 | 71
Thanks for the update, it must be difficult especially because this stat is new and it will be changing a lot when more games are released.
At 3/31/09 10:33 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 3/31/09 03:10 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: OK, first update, now counting the top 50.
Looks like this list will take of and not just be forgotten after some pages. A goog thing becuse another stat list for me to posibly be on and post in.

Enough.

Medal points are not just another number for you stat whores to mindlessly accumulate. Like XBox Gamerscores, it is supposed to give an indication of how good someone is at playing games. Do Xbox gamers go out of their way to buy games just to get a larger gamerscore and a high place in the rankings? No! They do it because they love playing games, they take immense joy in competing against others and aim to be the best!

Now how the hell are we meant to distinguish who is playing these games, having fun and being good at it, and who is just following instructions to increase another one of their numbers?

If you're doing this because you want to be the BEST, be my guest and let's have some fun with this. It's what it was designed for after all.

You want high numbers? Flash Portal is that way.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:31:05

At 4/2/09 10:59 AM, Black-Ops wrote:
Enough.

Regardless of WHY you want medal points, if you have a high number it still means you're good at the games. So void point really.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:35:09

At 4/2/09 11:31 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Enough.
Regardless of WHY you want medal points, if you have a high number it still means you're good at the games. So void point really.

And lol you trying to tell me that you have played FUI2 and Alkie that much because you genuinely like the games? Good one.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:37:35

I decided to give FU another go. And luckily it didn´t glitch when I beated level 4. Now I got two more medals for that game worth 60 points combined. Pretty nice, should give me a nice boost in the rankings. Also that made me pass 2,000 medal points.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:40:30

At 4/2/09 09:31 AM, Gagsy wrote: But I'm concerned about the list being correct. Say Wylo goes on holiday for 2 weeks and doesn't do any medal earning and in that time someone else takes the number 1 spot and he goes down to 2. Based on how you've currently made the list - You would drop Wylo from the list until he is back and earns more medals.

I don't really care about dropping in ranking because I'm in it for the long haul.

So the list wouldn't be right as someone else would be in his rightful spot and he'd be gone from it for the time being. Even if someone wants to give up getting medals, as long as they have a higher number and they belong on the list they should be on the list, doesn't matter if they're active or not, that's part of the fun of taking people over.

To address that situation, I suggest updating the list after a specified period after a medal game is introduced instead of strictly weekly due to the randomness of the timing of releases. Like update the list 3 days after a medal game is introduced. And if no medal game comes out, then continue weekly from the last update.

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:48:54

I have 780 right now. I'd have more but that lame excuse for a Devil May Cry clone is too hard for a flash game.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 11:51:29

At 4/2/09 11:40 AM, Wylo wrote: To address that situation, I suggest updating the list after a specified period after a medal game is introduced instead of strictly weekly due to the randomness of the timing of releases. Like update the list 3 days after a medal game is introduced. And if no medal game comes out, then continue weekly from the last update.

i strongly agree.. its unfair to update while a game has JUST come out as some people will be awake while others are sleeping, a good 3 days means most active users will be able to find / work on the game and get the medals...

i understand the point about "walkthroughs" ruining a game, i do my best to do it... and if i get to a point which i find i just cant do *for example: tryed for 20mins to get "Its a boy!"* while in china mode... i tried alot of combinations to do it but never seemed to do it... as i exited it i saw a walkthrough underneath... it makes some games more playerbal and user friendly... however i still agree that game which require little or no skill doesnt deserve high ranking points... entering a password can be done by anyone... this however means that people who find nearly all games hard have something... overall i think medals are going to be a heavyly debated topic... anway... ching.. chong.. chow..

-LegolaSS *Tired of waiting for the SFCollab*

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 12:28:46

At 4/2/09 11:31 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Enough.

I would like to reiterate:

"who is just following instructions to increase another one of their numbers?"

You aren't playing or being good at the game. You're just good at following instructions. The latter doesn't take much skill, even animals can follow instructions well.

And lol you trying to tell me that you have played FUI2 and Alkie that much because you genuinely like the games? Good one.

Oh, so because you think they are shit...that means that they MUST be shit? Your opinion doesn't reflect everyone elses.

I haven't played FUI2 all that much, I had one or two good shots at it and found it very infuriating. But despite all the major bugs the game is reported to have, there is a working and compelling game in there, and when the update comes around (I consulted the author and hear he's close to fixing all of the big errors), then I'd genuinely love to give it another shot. A lot of you are too impatient and would rather have your FUI2 medals now, and you fight and you get pissed off and you swear and curse the game, and the stupid thing is you could save yourself the frustration and just wait until the author is happy that the game is in working order, take a deep breath, play, and enjoy.

As for Alkie Kong, it's down to what tastes you have in games. It reminds me a lot of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong which I had for the Game Boy Advance. I loved it. Fair enough?

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 13:04:05

Grant, this is a site that has built itself on it's stat getting features. Medals are no different.

At 4/2/09 12:28 PM, Black-Ops wrote:
I would like to reiterate:

"who is just following instructions to increase another one of their numbers?"

You aren't playing or being good at the game. You're just good at following instructions. The latter doesn't take much skill, even animals can follow instructions well.

I'd loved to meet the dog that can defeat the Kitty Krew on Portal Defenders then. Following instructions is like how to make a cup of tea, that is simple - 1. Fill kettle. 2. Turn kettle on. 3. Get cup. Etc. You do need skills to do well at games, usually.

Oh, so because you think they are shit...that means that they MUST be shit? Your opinion doesn't reflect everyone elses.

I haven't played FUI2 all that much, I had one or two good shots at it and found it very infuriating. But despite all the major bugs the game is reported to have, there is a working and compelling game in there, and when the update comes around (I consulted the author and hear he's close to fixing all of the big errors), then I'd genuinely love to give it another shot. A lot of you are too impatient and would rather have your FUI2 medals now, and you fight and you get pissed off and you swear and curse the game, and the stupid thing is you could save yourself the frustration and just wait until the author is happy that the game is in working order, take a deep breath, play, and enjoy.

As for Alkie Kong, it's down to what tastes you have in games. It reminds me a lot of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong which I had for the Game Boy Advance. I loved it. Fair enough?

There is no other reason that you or anyone else would attempt to complete levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 in Alkie without losing any health except to gain the medals. Even if you do like the game, the fact is you don't need to do attain that SKILL in order to complete the game. It's just to get the medal and nothing else. Same with getting A+ on FU2, you don't need to in order to complete the game, it's all for medals, medals, medals.

Still medals are goods because they get a wider number of people playing their games. I would likely never have played Thing Thing or Alkie, which I do like a little without the medals there, and it's opened my eyes to how good some games on here can be, that is thanks to the draw of medals.

Medals medals medals.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 14:52:21

OK, so I guess I'm back after the Chinese hiatus, as I couldn't count the medals since apparently 'GLORY AND HONOR IS ITS OWN REWARD' or something like that. But yeah, and thanks to Metal-Therapy for giving me a handful of users who need a listing, expanding my roster.

At 4/2/09 11:40 AM, Wylo wrote: To address that situation, I suggest updating the list after a specified period after a medal game is introduced instead of strictly weekly due to the randomness of the timing of releases. Like update the list 3 days after a medal game is introduced. And if no medal game comes out, then continue weekly from the last update.

While it may break the weekly vibe of updating every certain day of the week (like say, Tuesday, just like last time), that sounds good to me. Every time the day DOES change, I guess I can update every time the week comes to that day.
Also, since I'll be checking on this thread very often, it would help if someone could also post a link of the game here, so I know just when to update and everything.

NG top medal point users list

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 15:20:55

medal update : 2230

black-ops, gagsy told me to tell you, you smell.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 16:08:37

Is there a medal point requirment?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 16:21:05

At 4/2/09 04:08 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Is there a medal point requirment?

~X~

Hybrid-Of-Souls is currently doing the top 50 users. It's hard to tell what's the minimum requirement without looking at various profiles and considering all the games that have been released since then, but my guesstimate is around 1600-1800.

You have a long way to go, ~X~.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 17:13:23

At 4/2/09 02:52 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Also, since I'll be checking on this thread very often, it would help if someone could also post a link of the game here, so I know just when to update and everything.

Alright. New medals for this game (I don´t know if you knew about it already):

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 17:22:21

At 4/2/09 05:13 PM, Auz wrote: Alright. New medals for this game (I don´t know if you knew about it already):
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 9372

Kinda easy don't ya think?

BBS Signature

Response to NG top medal point users list 2009-04-02 18:39:31

At 4/2/09 06:30 PM, xscoot wrote: The thing is, with such a small amount of games, the people at the top have all or mostly all the medals because of how easy it is. Later on, when more games implement this feature, the people at the top will still have a lot of medals, but I'm expecting aroun 60-70%. No one can have all of them.

No one you say?!

But, ya, it'll take a couple months before you can see the clear leaders of the pack.

I'm a rising force, and a veteran at this. If you check my Kongregate account, I got a crapload of badges in a relatively short amount of time. Considering that each game is limited to 4 badges, and a max of 110 points, I'm pretty big over there.

Really? Check out my profile.

I do realise it is a huge waste of time.