00:00
00:00

Sonic Threads

3,972 Views | 54 Replies

Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:41:05

Can anyone else here agree that it's getting pretty lame, pitiful, and sad seeing so many damn Sonic the Hedgehog threads most going through constant flame wars between noobs, gamers, and fanboys? I'm sick of seeing these threads and encourage users to use the search bar. If you love Sonic the Hedgehog so much then go join a club. Like to draw Sonic the Hedgehog then go to the Art Thread.

Sonic Crew
A club for all you damn fanboys to go to and talk about how much Sonic 0WNS! Also for you common sense fans, it's a nice place for you to be so you don't get caught up in stupidity.

Sonic Art
There you can post all the Sonic the Hedgehog artwork you're little mind can create. Hopefully that will put you at ease. If it doesn't then there is something wrong.

As for Sonic the Hedgehog threads, well just look at them all. Most of them talk about the same thing basically, (I don't mean Sonic either, I mean their all basically bitching and whining).

Sonic the Hedgehog
by: test-object

Sonic the Hedgehog
by: Talio17

You Know The Game Sonic Cd?
by: naronic

Sonic the Hedgehog - What?
by: Kuro

The Sonic franchise is indanger!!!
by: talls

Sonic: Pros and Cons
by: wegra2007

Sonic the outcast?
by: Gaaz

Sonic and his Chaos Emeralds
by: PaulStetich

Sonic Unleashed Wii review
by: knuxrouge

Sonic Unleashed 360 review
by: knuxrouge

Sonic Unleashed: Does it suck?
by: Supasonik11

Sonic Unleashed Reviews
by: jjjok

Sonic and the Black Knight

The Sonic the Hedgehog Bible
by: KeithHybrid

A new hope for 3d sonic games?
by: ZXAdvent

Sonic
by: Najjo-Rulez

Sonic Unleashed
by: YouGotPunkd

Sonic The Hedgehog's War!
by: Eunosphere

The Ideal Sonic Game
by: Short-Factor

Prediction of Sonic Team

Which Sonic game annoys you and why
by: DemitriousDoom

Sonic Unleashed:Good?!
by: andythehedgehog

How bad is Sonic Heroes?
by: FatManExtraLarge

What's the deal with Sonic?
by: TheBananaboy

Sonic Unleashed
by: Skygee

Sonic Unleashed...
by: Omochao

"True" Sonic games
by: Blaze-Heatnix

Sonic Unleashed Review By I.g.n
by: KeithHybrid

Sonic Unleashed gets 8+ reviews.
by: Blaze-Heatnix

Can Unleashed save Sonic?
by: Mario2k6

Sonic unleashed Difference
by: ZXAdvent

Sonic discussion
by: SkullPirate2000

There are many many more. I believe it is I who has to put a stop to all this madness and make one thread showing it all. If you saw my Super Mario Bros. - Past and Future thread then you should know what is expected. I will create one of those threads.

Where I stand on this whole Sonic the Hedgehog "situation".

Sonic the Hedgehog is basically a franchise that started out to compete against Nintendo's Mario. It was a great game and it was certainly something new. His games on the Genesis will always be remembered, and Sonic CD is said to be his best game. However with many failed experiments and opinions swaying here and there among the gaming community it's no wonder Sonic isn't doing all that well.

Sonic the Hedgehog could make a come back. It is possible for SEGA to bring him back through greatness and give everybody a run for their money. Apparently giving a gimick or something with speed is harder than it looks, but if Sonic the Hedgehog had a game come out that went back to the old style it would certainly sell. It worked for Mega Man 9.

The Sonic Team is basically like a group of doctors trying to find the cure for cancer. Sonic is basically on life support and if he doesn't make a game that will top all others then Sonic will just have to die.

Why did I post all these different threads? Why not just post the search results? Because you people have no clue how to use the search bar. It's not that hard to just type in Sonic in that little bar below now is it?

Instead I show you all of these threads and hopefully you will feel shameful for your stupidity, but of course you want. What I'm trying to say is...

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING MORONS!

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:42:32

If you hate them so much, then why make yet another thread about them?

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:43:23

At 3/22/09 05:42 PM, ShadowWest wrote: If you hate them so much, then why make yet another thread about them?

Owned.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:43:31

At 3/22/09 05:42 PM, ShadowWest wrote: If you hate them so much, then why make yet another thread about them?

Someone has to say something. I mean do we really need so many different threads about Sonic Unleashed?

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:46:30

I hate it when people make posts like this in reply to rant threads like this.

It's just a really annoying way of telling the OP he is a hypocrite when he is usually always very aware of this.

The OP's entirely right, btw.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:49:02

At 3/22/09 05:46 PM, AniMetal wrote: I hate it when people make posts like this in reply to rant threads like this.

It's just a really annoying way of telling the OP he is a hypocrite when he is usually always very aware of this.

The OP's entirely right, btw.

Thank You!

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:50:59

At 3/22/09 05:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Thank You!

Your Welcome!

D

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:52:58

Bookmarked this. Going to try to link any new Sonic threads over here.

Also, am I the only one who wants to see the Sonic series finally end with some dignity left?

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:53:58

I'll have to agree with the OP, I'm getting sick of those Sonic threads as well. We don't need the same freakin' discussion every few hours.
Fine job TGO.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 17:55:29

At 3/22/09 05:52 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Also, am I the only one who wants to see the Sonic series finally end with some dignity left?

It would be nice.

But it isn't going to happen until sonic team or whoever the fuck it is that makes these games now is entirely 100% bankrupt, assuming they don't sell the Rights to sonic games over to some other company that will continue making sonic games.

Basically, if I were to guess we will still have new shittie sonic games in ten years.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 20:37:13

Okay, why are my reviews linked with the rest of this flamebait!?
What's wrong with reviews?
I do agree that the flood of Sonic threads need to halt, but that's about it.
Sonic games will continue, because people like me still enjoy the franchise to a healthy extent.
Live with it.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 20:42:02

You really shouldn't care about how many there are but, there are a lot lately. And I am not a huge fan of sonic so there should be one, maybe 2 or 3 sonic threads. Not as many as there are now

|Gamertag | How much money is your account worth? | Comment on my userpage|

There are thirty-nine letters in this sentence.

Sig by biohasard.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 21:08:59

At 3/22/09 08:42 PM, Blademaster7 wrote: You really shouldn't care about how many there are but, there are a lot lately. And I am not a huge fan of sonic so there should be one, maybe 2 or 3 sonic threads. Not as many as there are now

So I shouldn't give a shit, but you agree with me?

Wha-

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 21:10:41

Im also gonna have to agree on this one. I have been looking on the fourms and seeing so many Sonic threads, I mean cant we just have one Sonic discussion thread because theres just SO MANY.

WAAATAAAAH!!!!

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 21:16:01

So I shouldn't give a shit, but you agree with me?

Wha-

Yea pretty much

|Gamertag | How much money is your account worth? | Comment on my userpage|

There are thirty-nine letters in this sentence.

Sig by biohasard.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 21:28:24

At 3/22/09 05:41 PM, The-Great-One wrote: About half of the Sonic threads.

Horray for me never making a thread with Sonic in the title. I actually never did, I've wanted to before with an Unleashed reveiw, but that's it.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING MORONS!

NO U

Come on ShadowWest, don't jump on those bandwagons.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-22 22:25:46

And making another thread with Sonic in the title and a "Mad as Hell" emote is going to make things better?

Answer: it's not.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:17:30

At 3/27/09 07:13 PM, SuperMarioBrosS wrote: Instead, just ignore them and stop bitching you bitch.

Ooh boy, fanboy, had a feeling I'd encounter one. Now let's see, should I RUN away or confront it. Let's confront it.

Sonic's still alive. He's close to being dead I admit, but not as close as many people think he is.

Don't sugarcoat shit, Sonic's on life-support, he's practically a vegetable hoping for that cure... which will probably never come.

You: Wow... so many Sonic threads... what should I do??

I know what you should do: STOP BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH YOUR TIME YOU ASSHOLE!!! MOST PEOPLE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE OVER WHINERS!!!

I know huh? Instead of replying intelligently you basically flamed me like the whining fanboy you are. Maybe I'm not clear, I have nothing against Sonic the Hedgehog, I'm just tired of the multiple threads, can you count? Count the number of Sonic Unleashed threads.

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:20:53

It's about time someone made this. I'm getting sick of the Sonic threads too.

This is just like the "Bush" topic problem in the Political forum.

And I'm just waiting to see what Blaze-Heatnix has to say about all of this...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:24:53

i just made one. sorry guys.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1043 271

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:27:31

At 3/27/09 07:24 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: You can stop pointing me out like i'm special now.

What do I have to say? I have to say, i'm ashamed that I made 2 of the threads listed. And i'm also ashamed that this thread is fighting arguments with arguments, yet again.

There, there's my take.

I have a question. What fucking makes your opinion so special?

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:33:41

At 3/27/09 07:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

im sorry, but who the fuck do you think you are?!?
your giving your opinion then giving people shit for giving theirs?

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 19:57:15

At 3/27/09 07:41 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 3/27/09 07:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 07:24 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: You can stop pointing me out like i'm special now.

What do I have to say? I have to say, i'm ashamed that I made 2 of the threads listed. And i'm also ashamed that this thread is fighting arguments with arguments, yet again.

There, there's my take.
I didn't. puddin was pointing me out like I was special, so I made myself sound important, sarcastically.

Don't be an asshole.

I pointed you out as special because every time there's a Sonic thread, you're attracted to it, like flies to dog crap. You're always yapping about Sonic, and defending it. I knew that as soon as this thread came about, you would post in it eventually, it was just a matter of time. I'd say that you're the leader of the Sonic fanboys.

And you're the asshole. You've started so much crap in this board, that it isn't even funny. And most of your posts suck too.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 20:00:12

At 3/27/09 07:41 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I didn't. puddin was pointing me out like I was special, so I made myself sound important, sarcastically.

Don't be an asshole.

My apologies, I just hear people go on and on about either you being a video game guru, or some fraud.

At 3/27/09 07:50 PM, SuperMarioBrosS wrote: You are actually IMPLYING that you have something against Sonic The Hedgehog. Whether you were unaware of it or not, you did have things against Sonic.

I do not have anything against Sonic the Hedgehog. I gave my opinion on where the little blue guy will be in a few years, and I really hope SEGA does better with him.

No really, just shut up. Yes I agree there are some Sonic threads and some of them are shitty (yes I'm supporting you in a way) but some of them (like the one Paul Stetich made up) actually creates a decent conversation. Not all of them are arguments and moderators really need to lock up Sonic threads. I'm not actually bitching that Sonic is the best (in other words, no fanboyism from me).

Wow, an intelligent answer. I must point out though your earlier post made you sound like a fanboy, why didn't you just say this first?

Yes, I'm sick of the too many thread counts too. So many fucking Sonic Unleashed threads and so many threads about the Sonic series to end, but the ones that do NOT BITCH about anything (like the Chaos Emeralds thread) are decent since it stirs up interesting arguments and not pointless shit. Yeah, I'm looking at the threads that want Sonic to die and the fucking Sonic game threads. Even though I am a Sonic fan, I'm actually sick of other Sonic fans using fanboyism to counter and shit on others' opinions. I can't stand ANY fanboyism, whether it is supporting Sonic or not.

So you're agreeing with me then?

So yeah, you actually have a supporter in a way, not someone against you. (At least you clarified something)

Yes I did, I pointed out something upon this forum that needed to be clarified.

Also, stop shitting on other people's opinions. Your opinion is equal to their opinion when it comes to value.

This is true and I believe I've already brought this upon Blaze's attention.

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 22:02:13

lmao I can't believe you put so much organization into this.
In a way, I tip my hat to you good sir. But that effort should have been put else where. :c

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 22:23:13

Wow is it gettin' hot in here? These Flame warz are really fun to read!
The Great One, even though I dont TOTALLY agree with everything you said, I tip my hat in your direction for making a thread that brought sooooooo many CAPS LOCK CONVERSATIONS and Exclamation point extravaganzas. I agree, too many threads about Sonic, but that shit happens, it WILL fade away if attention is not brought toward the fact. It will then be inevitably exchanged for another game that will or has already been made.
Its a vicious cycle that I learned.
Instead of talikng about it, talk to a site/Forum Moderator about what has you so upset. Explain to them calmly and without pointing fingers, tell them what you think is a problem on Newgrounds.
I know from experience that Tom Fulp actually Answers his mail. take action, not observation!

COPY......PASTE......REPEAT

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-27 23:44:06

At 3/27/09 08:00 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 07:41 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I didn't. puddin was pointing me out like I was special, so I made myself sound important, sarcastically.

Don't be an asshole.
My apologies, I just hear people go on and on about either you being a video game guru, or some fraud.

And now you guys are buddies because we all love each other, right?

At 3/27/09 11:48 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 11:50 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 3/27/09 11: 56 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 11:57 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 3/27/09 12:08 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 12:07 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 3/27/09 12:19 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/27/09 12:19 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
You betcha!
YA GOT THAT RIGHT!
Aw, totally!
INORITE?!?!
Want some BUTTSECKS?
(
D:
JK!!!!! XDXDXD LOLOLOLOLOL

Say what you will guys, this will happen.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFiller

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-28 00:03:06

I just plain hate sonic because of the fanboys. So whatever you were saying if it's against sonic in anyway i agree.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-28 03:06:31

Okay, I have a question, and I hope I can get an intelligent answer.

First, what is a Sonic fanboy?
Lately, I've been seeing it simply as a derogatory term for a Sonic fan, but isn't a fanboy someone who is like completely obsessed with the franchise, like buying memorabilia, archiving all the games, memorizing unnecessary stuff, a trivia king/queen.
But for someone who just enjoys the franchise seems to come off as a fanboy to angry Sonic-haters, why, because they defend Sonic?
Well wouldn't you defend a franchise that you like?
If I said Fallout 3 sucks, then gave half baked reasons why, I have no doubt that droves of angry people would correct and flame me blind, does that make them fanboys? Defending a franchise they like?

I'm shameless about it, I love Sonic, since 1993 I have. I enjoy the franchise, plain and simple, while like any long running game series, it has it's hits and misses, but I enjoy it as a whole, and look forward to the next game(s).
Does that make me a "fanboy"?
I'll be 20 in September, so don't play that 13/14 year old bull with me while answering.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Threads 2009-03-28 10:25:43

At 3/22/09 05:41 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

Sonic: Pros and Cons
by: wegra2007

*Gasp* Someone refrenced me! I'm famous! (sort of)

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature