00:00
00:00

Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts

12,405 Views | 212 Replies

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 20:43:11

I really don't think it's gonna make a fart of difference. More traffic, maybe...

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 20:44:07

At 3/20/09 09:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry guys he's right.

Ah, Tom. Always coming into the conversation at the right time.

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 20:46:03

The BBS is a good time killer. it should stay.

Even with all the new stuff that is coming, there will always be room for the BBS

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:08:04

At 3/24/09 10:52 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: I spoke to Tom in london about the evolution of Newgrounds and the plans he has. It's a shame this leaked out, but yeah most of the BBS will be gone. There's gonna be no need for any forums except the Flash and Wi/Ht forums, so the general section will indeed be removed.

Seeing as the NG Chat will eliminate most of the BBS then I'm gonna guess that means the following forums will be deleted.

General
Politics
Clubs and Crews
(maybe)
Video Games

Don't worry though, the new parts of the site will be awesome :)

I bet. Also those of you fearing the deletion of the Art Forum, if we gain an Art Portal then the Art Forum will surely stay, but more rules will be put on the Art Forum, or it will be deleted and replaced with a New Fresh Art Forum (that would probably be the best solution).

Flash Portal = Flash Forum / Programming Forum
Audio Portal = Audio Forum
Art Portal = Art Forum

So Dry-Ice, am I right?

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:09:54

I don't usually come here often, so I don't always see every news post made. Can someone link to me the topic Tom made that says anything about a Lit/Art portal?

Error - Missing required parameters.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:11:46

At 3/20/09 09:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Because when NG Chat, the Writers Portal (Lit Portal), and the Art Portal are released with a brand new redesign, the NG BBS will become obsolete and will probably be deleted with only the Where Is/How To Forums standing.

So enjoy the tee-hee fun while you can kiddies!

What I'm trying to say is when we get these new things who here believes the BBS should be deleted or who believes it should stay?

I'm not even going to use the chat, if it ever is finished. It's a waste of time, and if you want to chat with your friends here, get their Msn or aim.

I WANT TO FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:16:45

It's not like NG chat wasn't around before, it co-existed with the forums a while ago and I never used it once, the forums should stay, NG Chat would be used for more short discussions while these forums would be used for greater and longer discussions. NG Chat I feel would be too hectic to replace an entire forum.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:17:46

At 3/24/09 09:08 PM, The-Great-One wrote: So Dry-Ice, am I right?

I'd rather not leak any more, it'll be less of a surprise when the next redesign comes out.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys!

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:27:17

well hopefully the bbs will stay but i am excited about the new redesign.. to bad ill never make it to 10,000 posts lol

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:29:38

At 3/24/09 09:17 PM, Dry-Ice wrote:
At 3/24/09 09:08 PM, The-Great-One wrote: So Dry-Ice, am I right?
I'd rather not leak any more, it'll be less of a surprise when the next redesign comes out.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys!

You're such a tease.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:29:26

Nah, chats are mainly filled with spam. Oh wait... But seriously, the BBS will still be popular, as forums and chatrooms offer different types of communication. Chat is more for small talk, things that the BBS mods wouldn't generally allow anyway.

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:44:10

Do we have a date on this? If you're gonna take away the BBS, can't you just lock it? Save the good 'ol times?

I really am gonna miss this place, it was a good, funny, and friendly part of my life ever since I started posting. Seriously, can't we just keep it? Why delete it? Does it take up too much room? It only takes up I---------------I much room on the bar, I MEASURED!
Seriously, I might start print screening some parts of the BBS.

I'm REALLY fucking sad, this just killed my day.

OH BOO HOO!

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:50:03

So... say if everyone hated the idea of getting the BBS taken off...

Would Tom reconsider deleting the BBS?

rjhreilly@hotmail.com

STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:54:01

no one will use lit or art portal so shut up

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:55:56

At 3/24/09 09:50 PM, Doom-Fan wrote: So... say if everyone hated the idea of getting the BBS taken off...

Would Tom reconsider deleting the BBS?

He never said he was going to, the OP thought he would.
Also a chat can never replace a forum.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:58:56

At 3/20/09 10:18 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Go change it's diaper and quit fucking with these cunts man. LMFAO

What will you and other mods do without the bbs?

Xbox Live Gamertag:VeryStupid007

Feel free to hit me up

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 21:59:34

The thought make be feel sick but NG Chat has to come I guess and Dry-Ice must know these things after all. I knew about the chat but this is such a shock I love the BBS as I said, but are posts all gone what about the clubs? I'm part of two clubs EGB Elite Guard Barracks and Newgrounds Department Of Defense will these all be gone?

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:00:59

I think its an April Fool's Joke. think about it. Newgrounds is known for this BBS.

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:01:57

NG chat would be foolish!!! Ever been in a really busy chat room? All the messages go flying the hell up the page.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:04:18

At 3/24/09 10:00 PM, Blackfang wrote: I think its an April Fool's Joke. think about it. Newgrounds is known for this BBS.

This could be something leading up to it, April is right around the corner.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:05:32

If it got deleted, I wouldn't have anywhere to go, since the Guitar Hero forums now require you to make an Activision account... which I'd rather not do.

WAAAAAH.

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:06:06

Why the BBS? Why delete something? Why not keep the BBS?

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:06:58

At 3/24/09 10:04 PM, aquaticmole wrote:
At 3/24/09 10:00 PM, Blackfang wrote: I think its an April Fool's Joke. think about it. Newgrounds is known for this BBS.
This could be something leading up to it, April is right around the corner.

It couldn't possibly be as bad as the Marty joke back from 2001-2002 where on April Fool's day Tom literally turned the site into one shitty flash that been blammed ages ago made by marty.

Then again, if the BBS goes then what will the forum mods have to look forward to? They no longer would have fun torturing users who taunt them and chat rooms are far too easily raided these days.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:08:51

Guys... THINK OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING! What will people like sirtom do now? Go back to 4chan with their threats?

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:10:56

Hahahaha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahahahahha.

Ahhh the innocence of E-Youth. Believing everything people say, it's a majestic thing to watch.

Just to warn you though the Chat will be up over the weekend just like the Text Search.

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:16:34

I will not let the forums die, i will post and have a good conversation with myself until i reach 10,000 posts. Then you can go fuck yourselfs @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:44:28

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:45:17

If Tom Fulp is serious about this then I expect to see a very high suicide rate among forum regulars shortly after the NG chat is released.

Proud member of Funkbrs the Great's Church of Hate.

I hate this guy

This is why I hate apple (computer company)

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:46:56

OH NO

BBS Signature

Response to Enjoy The B B S While It Lasts 2009-03-24 22:56:57

Why don't just newgrounds have both chatroom and forum?

Coming Soon :

Wave Warrior Sonic EXE 3: Garnet Version

DeviantArtPage --- Facebook ---My Youtube

BBS Signature