00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ksmittlez art thread

5,579 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 21:58:13

Hmm, still trying to decide if i like your art style or not, it certainly is different, not bad...just different. I think if you're going to play with the use of lines for fill and such like you are, you should experiment with using different thicknesses of lines, to help bring attention to different details and to add some variety, right now all the lines are pretty much the same thickness, and it just looks kind of boring, no offense.

But i think your on to a really cool style, just try and push it a little further ;)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 00:05:26

At 3/15/09 09:48 PM, exmorbid wrote: For doing a great job with that,you get a SECOND invisble cookie!YAAY!
...Enjoy

Mmm Delicious those invisble chocolate chips really hit the spot :D

At 3/15/09 09:58 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hmm, still trying to decide if i like your art style or not, it certainly is different, not bad...just different. I think if you're going to play with the use of lines for fill and such like you are, you should experiment with using different thicknesses of lines, to help bring attention to different details and to add some variety, right now all the lines are pretty much the same thickness, and it just looks kind of boring, no offense.

But i think your on to a really cool style, just try and push it a little further ;)

Well I did kinda of use different line thicknesses to show perspective in the elephant peice, and like I said before I'm still kind of developing this style so I know I have plently of room for improvement. I'm just lucky I have all this constructive critisim NOW when I can use it to form my style, as aposed to if I had been doing this for years and I was all stuck up and set in my ways.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 00:52:40

Okay idk where all this old stuff is coming from. I thought I lost it all the last time my computer crashed. Anyway heres some of my PHOTOGRAPHY. lol what can I say? I'm a man of many talents.

Many MANY talents ;)

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 00:56:27

Cooool. And Fuzzy!! =D

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 16:44:40

At 3/15/09 09:58 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hmm, still trying to decide if i like your art style or not, it certainly is different, not bad...just different. I think if you're going to play with the use of lines for fill and such like you are, you should experiment with using different thicknesses of lines, to help bring attention to different details and to add some variety, right now all the lines are pretty much the same thickness, and it just looks kind of boring, no offense.

I did this mostly as an experament. Meaning its not really ment to have any artistic value I just wanted to practice different brush sizes and experament with shading colors.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 16:46:49

I am a retarded dick who forgets to upload pictures before he posts.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-16 17:25:17

^THAT^

led to

vTHISv

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 05:49:19

well, as far as those 'experiments' are concerned, It all depends on what you wanted to get out of it, I can't judge that.

the elephant (1st post) has a strange black spot wich probably is supposed to be his hind leg, but it is too dark.

One last note.
I do no know how gimp works, but a lot of the pictures I've seen from it are like the elephant and campfire in style. I do quite like that style, especially if you master it, but that does lead to some great restraints if you would ever want to try something else.
Just a quick note, fell free to ignore it though.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 09:53:10

At 3/17/09 05:49 AM, J-qb wrote: well, as far as those 'experiments' are concerned, It all depends on what you wanted to get out of it, I can't judge that.

They were mostly just taking what one person said(sorry I'm to lazy to hit the backspace button and find out what his name was) about using different brush sizes. I don't know if you can tell in the final product but there are alot of different brush sizes in each of them.

the elephant (1st post) has a strange black spot wich probably is supposed to be his hind leg, but it is too dark.

Yea alot of my friends who have seen that have mentioned it. I was thinking about changing it but its such a minor thing I think I'm just going to remember for next time.

One last note.
I do no know how gimp works, but a lot of the pictures I've seen from it are like the elephant and campfire in style. I do quite like that style, especially if you master it, but that does lead to some great restraints if you would ever want to try something else.
Just a quick note, fell free to ignore it though.

Yeah I have some ideas floating around that I have to really rethink or in some cases throw away because they just don't work with this style of art and that SUUUUUCKS because with my root in photo editing and graphic design I'm so used to being able to take an idea and folow through with it because I am working compleatly with things that exist enterly within the real world.

Now that I think about it I might as well post my ideas here. I mean if I can't make them a reality maby someone else can.

Idea one I glass of red drink with a yamica floating ontop with the words "drink jews".
Idea two an emo kid wearing all black bleading to death from pinches. 'CAUSE ITS SAINT PARTRICK DAY :D

Haha if anyone ends of making these link me cause I would loooove to see them. Oh and sorry for my lack of acctual art posts latly I have standerdized testing all this week. Here's a picture I took in the everglades to keep it fresh.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 18:23:32

At 3/17/09 09:53 AM, Ksmittlez wrote: Now that I think about it I might as well post my ideas here. I mean if I can't make them a reality maby someone else can.

Idea one I glass of red drink with a yamica floating ontop with the words "drink jews".
Idea two an emo kid wearing all black bleading to death from pinches. 'CAUSE ITS SAINT PARTRICK DAY :D

Haha if anyone ends of making these link me cause I would loooove to see them. Oh and sorry for my lack of acctual art posts latly I have standerdized testing all this week. Here's a picture I took in the everglades to keep it fresh.

I don't think I could do those(the emo kid maybe),but that Everglades picture is just calling me.
Of course,its your picture and I would need your permission.
BTW is that 'PARTRICK' meant to be partrick?
It made me think of the emo kid being called Rick and being parted by pinches.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 20:40:58

haha yea I hate laptop key boards the keys are to tiny. And since I know your great with landscape be my guest :)

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 21:03:39

At 3/15/09 04:57 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: Oh and heres another one of my really early works.
Some people like it some people hate it. I didn't even know it was still on my computer untill like 30 seconds ago.

looks like the viewer is entering the cave

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-17 22:53:11

At 3/17/09 08:40 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: haha yea I hate laptop key boards the keys are to tiny. And since I know your great with landscape be my guest :)

You made my night =)

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 17:00:26

A Poster for Walk MS made by me.

Click Here to see it in High quality

Even the high quality is smaller then it really is, stupid size limits on photobucket. Anyone know where I can post full size?

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 17:32:30

At 3/19/09 05:00 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: A Poster for Walk MS made by me.

Click Here to see it in High quality

Even the high quality is smaller then it really is, stupid size limits on photobucket. Anyone know where I can post full size?

Get a deviantart account :) .. About the picture.. You should do something about the text.. It's really hard to to read.. But the picture of the old dude works fine..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 17:38:43

At 3/19/09 05:00 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: A Poster for Walk MS made by me.

You should put a glow around that text or somthing....its hard to read...

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 19:06:32

The campfire had a bit too much white in it, maybe if you toned that down a little bit?
Otherwise, I still like how it turned out - as well as the elephant too.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 19:13:28

Okay so I changed it up a bit. I'm going to miss the colored text but it was hard to read and no matter what I did to make it easyer it just ended up looking worse. So now its flat black.

High quality here on my brand new deviantart.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-19 20:00:46

Nikola Tesla had to deal with so many idiots :(

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-20 13:20:28

Hey people I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to be posting anything new for about a week or two. I've got a new photography project I want to focus on and its going to take up alot of my free time. I'm probably still going to be lurking alot and shit but thats my main artistic focus right now and I really won't have time for anything else. I'll post it all here when I'm done. Its deffinatly going to be the bigest and darkest project I've ever done and I hope you guys will like it. Thats about all I'm going to say about it I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-20 17:17:46

At 3/20/09 01:20 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: Hey people I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to be posting anything new for about a week or two. I've got a new photography project I want to focus on and its going to take up alot of my free time. I'm probably still going to be lurking alot and shit but thats my main artistic focus right now and I really won't have time for anything else. I'll post it all here when I'm done.

Lurking?Creeping is a better word.
:...A project right after the test week?You have a busy life,buddy

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-20 18:44:23

At 3/20/09 05:17 PM, exmorbid wrote:
Lurking?Creeping is a better word.
...A project right after the test week?You have a busy life,buddy

haha you know what I ment :P

And its not a school project its a personal one so its not like I'm going to mind being busy lol

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 17:02:20

Allll righty...its been a while since I've posted something in this. Please ignore the shittyness of the older stuff on here :P

Anyways I made this to day in photoshop (I stoped using gimp awhile ago). Any thoughts? And btw almost everything I post here will be in higher quality (if only slightly higher) on my NG art page thingy so if you care about that kinda stuff the option is there lol

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 17:06:36

OUGH! Its not untill after I post that I see how bad it looks as a JEPG and after newgrounds resizes it. So PLEASE go see it in higher quality.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 17:16:32

some of your art is really good, while some of your art is not so good, the heart has good colours and shades and some of the earlier drawings i like, the way you use lines reminds me of silly string, the art here does not do you justice, on your art page there are some good ones which you should have posted here

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 17:28:30

At 10/5/09 05:16 PM, ashman112 wrote: some of your art is really good, while some of your art is not so good, the heart has good colours and shades and some of the earlier drawings i like, the way you use lines reminds me of silly string, the art here does not do you justice, on your art page there are some good ones which you should have posted here

The heart is in my opion my best work to date. And everything on my art page is either posted in a different thread or a background which isn't all to interesting to look at lol but thanks for the kind words :)

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 18:37:12

At 10/5/09 05:28 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: The heart is in my opion my best work to date. And everything on my art page is either posted in a different thread or a background which isn't all to interesting to look at lol but thanks for the kind words :)

no i think your best that iv seen is the punk cyclops on your art page but thats just me, good work and your welcome

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-05 19:56:11

At 10/5/09 06:37 PM, ashman112 wrote: no i think your best that iv seen is the punk cyclops on your art page but thats just me, good work and your welcome

If i still had the original I would take out the txt or atleast make it look better. I have no clue what I was thinking with that xD

And on the off chance malous looks at this heres your Dad Background. I was going to do something else but then I started watching the watchmen (lol) and this happened.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-06 00:47:21

I'll just leave this here...

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-10-06 17:20:08

Introducing depth and shadow.

Ksmittlez art thread