00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,641 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 17:40:53

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 17:49:08

Some of the medals for Road of the Dead 2 are worth no points. Is this going to be fixed soon?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 18:07:02

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 18:16:00

At 8/26/13 05:49 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Some of the medals for Road of the Dead 2 are worth no points. Is this going to be fixed soon?

This is just how the medal system works. A medal is worth 0 points until the first user earns it. This means that if you earn one of these 0-point medals, you'll earn the bragging rights. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 18:22:33

At 8/26/13 04:24 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote: hey man, sorry to hear your having lag troubles! Did you try going into the Options menu, and turning off zombie tints, low quality etc? I'm running it fine in firefox atm, i quit using chrome years ago ;/
there is a rare steering freeze bug(that may be due to flash limitations), but doesn't sound like what you describe.

I will try again. Unfortunately, what I'm describing is common to all flash games that have a shytton of stuff going on at once. I know there are computers out there that can run things much better than mine does (it's a budget gaming desktop).

It's actually kind of a mystery to me why my computer will continue to process things in Flash, while it proceeds to ignore all the events (keyboard, mouse, even focus) =/

At 8/26/13 05:49 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Some of the medals for Road of the Dead 2 are worth no points. Is this going to be fixed soon?

Most of the time if something is worth 0 points, it means no one has gotten it yet. This doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't beta tested however. I personally think this is a serious design flaw on NG's part.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 18:36:57

At 8/26/13 06:07 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624165

This one's tough, the best I got was 16.

Will need all the luck we can get to even get 20.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 19:39:01

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 20:31:03

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 20:46:25

At 8/26/13 08:31 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Yet another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624175

How do you even play this game? I can't even get past the first level.

It says something about prime numbers representing the alphabet, but the numbers are too high.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 21:27:44

At 8/26/13 08:46 PM, VJF wrote:

It says something about prime numbers representing the alphabet, but the numbers are too high.

You can create an own alphabet with prime numbers, examples:
a = 2
k = 31

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-26 23:07:14

At 8/26/13 09:27 PM, Syrreal wrote:
At 8/26/13 08:46 PM, VJF wrote:

You can create an own alphabet with prime numbers, examples:
a = 2
k = 31

I have met my limit with Causality. Since the game expands upwards I started numbering it from the bottom:

Could need help with 7 (penrose triangle), 11 (square with numbers in bird) and the last one.

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 01:43:20

At 8/26/13 11:07 PM, Syrreal wrote: I have met my limit with Causality. Since the game expands upwards I started numbering it from the bottom:

Could need help with 7 (penrose triangle), 11 (square with numbers in bird) and the last one.

I finally figured out some of them, but I'm stuck on the penrose triangle, the quantum mechanics equation, and the Wow! (too many numbers) ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 03:57:49

At 8/26/13 12:12 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Road of the Dead 2 is back:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624102

This game might be a bit too long... but at least it isn't as monotonous as the first Road of the Dead. For some reason playing in full screen mode causes my original issue to go away.

But I have to be honest, there's a lot of places where the realism is broken when you know what the mechanics of the game are. These include, but are not limited to:
-- You can drive past things and they will disappear, allowing you to completely ignore them. Except for mutants. Be warned however, if you're trying to rescue a civilian, and you don't come to a full stop, it's possible that you may go past them and they will disappear.
-- Zombie soldiers apparently have a random chance of deflecting your shots. This means you can unload your shotgun and compact SMBs in their face, and they still won't die. Honestly the best answer to them early on is to not hit one at all, and they actually killed me more often than mutants have. Ridiculous -_-
-- From the highway and beyond there will be a ludicrous number of zombies littering the area. Generally speaking only two zombies at most can attack you, while the rest will simply twiddle their digits and chill outside your vehicle. Unless you get super unlucky to also have mutants grapple you, in which case you're probably waist high in death anyways xD
-- If there's a zombie on a particular side on the hood of your vehicle, even if it is dead and falling off, you can hit any enemy with that side and you will kill it.
-- Getting directly hit by an explosion of any sort may not kill you, but it will severely damage your health. That is, your character can die while your vehicle isn't totaled. The exception to this is running directly into a fuel tanker. (The survival guide claims that it is fatal, but I actually survived running into one once.)
-- This is more of a game design flaw than a break in reality, but just before the ending, you'll want to jack up your accuracy stat on your best "sniper" weapon (and everything else about that gun cause why not). There was very little use for accuracy before that. Enjoy those many minutes sitting at the weapons crate upgrading to your heart's content. Not that you're trying to gtfo asap or anything...

Most other things will behave like you expect them to, such as shooting mines will detonate them. It's going to be interesting to see if I can get a video recording of a full hardcore run =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 05:02:11

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 13:28:59

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 14:29:01

At 8/27/13 03:57 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
This game might be a bit too long... but at least it isn't as monotonous as the first Road of the Dead. For some reason playing in full screen mode causes my original issue to go away.

But I have to be honest, there's a lot of places where the realism is broken when you know what the mechanics of the game are. These include, but are not limited to:

hey, I can't tell if you like the game? lol. I'm surprised at all the confusion on so many aspects when they are explained in the game itself, but i guess it can be overwhelming too.
I think road2 is maybe slightly longer than road1, has the same amount of levels, with a finale thrown in etc.

Things (besides mutants) disappear behind you yeah, you can't go in reverse, although, it might of been interesting to reverse a small amount in case you missed a Stop location!
Zombie soldiers have body armor, so random bullets get deflected. shooting his arms off is easier, but you can still pop their heads in a couple shots though, unless your getting that rare (invincible zombie) bug. but yeah, shooting zombies arms off resets their kill timer by alot, can buy you time.

being side grappled by mutants isn't instant death, I believe there is even tutorial popups when it first happends. The gunner taps mouse button/driver taps spacebar, and gets out of it. I've had 4 mutants grapple me at once and got out of it and survived, its actually a medal to survive just 2 side grapples :D pretty intense though!

explosion damage is usually what kills me more than anything else. the proximity mines are a death sentence if your hood is full of undead hehe and your already low in health.

Still scratching my head how a lot of people don't know to use spacebar to swerve around the road, Road1 had the same issue with people *shrug* can't MAKE people read the tutorials/controls/survivalguide.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 15:13:24

At 8/27/13 01:28 PM, gamejunkie wrote: New Medal Game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624235

Did anyone else beat this game, get the medal on the game page, but not have it show up on their profile page? I'm not even sure if it counted toward my medal points, but it's there on the game page, but not on my profile one.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-27 17:01:25

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 03:16:07

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 10:40:10

New game
Fairly easy
You have to get over 9000 (I think if the author went by the meme).

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 12:57:42

For the record, RoTD2 is still being improved: https://www.facebook.com/EvilDogGames/posts/576086199119419

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 13:07:12

At 8/27/13 03:13 PM, VJF wrote: Did anyone else beat this game, get the medal on the game page, but not have it show up on their profile page? I'm not even sure if it counted toward my medal points, but it's there on the game page, but not on my profile one.

It showed up on my page fine.....

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 17:25:54

At 8/27/13 02:29 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote:

hey, I can't tell if you like the game? lol. I'm surprised at all the confusion on so many aspects when they are explained in the game itself, but i guess it can be overwhelming too.

It's a great game once you get past the issues of lag. About the confusion, it really doesn't help that you just mention it once, and then never mention it again. It's not even done in a controlled environment (like a tutorial), so if somebody is trying to deal with a swarm of zombies, they may forget that space is to swerve hard to avoid land mines.

Things (besides mutants) disappear behind you yeah, you can't go in reverse, although, it might of been interesting to reverse a small amount in case you missed a Stop location!

When you've just barely stopped directly in front of a gas tanker...

Zombie soldiers have body armor, so random bullets get deflected. shooting his arms off is easier, but you can still pop their heads in a couple shots though, unless your getting that rare (invincible zombie) bug. but yeah, shooting zombies arms off resets their kill timer by alot, can buy you time.

I learned this from reading the survival guide after making my previous post. It's not exactly an intuitive thing. But it is indeed a good idea to shoot off arms if you don't think you can kill the bastard in time.

being side grappled by mutants isn't instant death, I believe there is even tutorial popups when it first happends. The gunner taps mouse button/driver taps spacebar, and gets out of it. I've had 4 mutants grapple me at once and got out of it and survived, its actually a medal to survive just 2 side grapples :D pretty intense though!

I never said it was instant death, but if you've been playing like I have (pistol all the way!) it pretty much ends your run. Honestly the best way to prevent this is to just bust out the heavy weapons and kill them as fast as possible with a reasonable amount of resource expenditures.

Still scratching my head how a lot of people don't know to use spacebar to swerve around the road, Road1 had the same issue with people *shrug* can't MAKE people read the tutorials/controls/survivalguide.

As mentioned earlier, it helps to mention it multiple times. I don't know what the best system would be for this game, but if you take a look at certain games like Hitman: Absolution and L4D, it will always tell you what control does what when you approach an interactive object/obstacle. You could argue it breaks the atmosphere, but you can still achieve good kinesthetic projection in spite of these elements.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 18:40:23

At 8/28/13 05:25 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 8/27/13 02:29 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote:

yeah man, its a learning process to figure out good intuitive instructions in games. But after each game I learn a lot! Hopefully I can master the 'intuitive tutorial' thing. Don't want it to be skipped or too bored through it, but still want even adhd kiddos to easily learn the ropes. Its more difficult than it seems haha.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-28 21:03:22

The only one Im having trouble with is the clown. How do you make him sad?

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-29 03:47:31

At 8/28/13 09:03 PM, MatthewF wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624301
The only one Im having trouble with is the clown. How do you make him sad?

Get the rubber ball from the convict, ask him why he's sad, then ask him if it's his nose, when he says yes, instead of giving it to him, keep it to make him sad.

New Medal Game:

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-29 05:33:13

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-29 09:00:28

At 8/29/13 03:47 AM, VJF wrote:
Get the rubber ball from the convict, ask him why he's sad, then ask him if it's his nose, when he says yes, instead of giving it to him, keep it to make him sad.

Then the convict is happy

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-29 09:30:48

At 8/29/13 09:00 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 8/29/13 03:47 AM, VJF wrote:
Then the convict is happy

I know. Which makes it impossible to get the all sad medal as far as I know.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-29 09:54:58

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature