Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

  • 2,099,243 Views
  • 30,820 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 13:19:20 Reply

Mandog has added another secret medal to this game. I'm stumped. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't.

  • Newgrounds OSX beta
    Newgrounds OSX beta by mandog

    What if there was a Newgrounds OSX?

    Score
    3.28 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    4,434 Views
    Rated
    Ages 17+

Please drop me a PM if you manage to find it. Cheers.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 14:09:39 Reply

At 4/13/12 01:19 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Mandog has added another secret medal to this game. I'm stumped. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593582
Please drop me a PM if you manage to find it. Cheers.

Which one?

I got the second and the fourth.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 14:32:15 Reply

At 4/13/12 02:09 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 4/13/12 01:19 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Mandog has added another secret medal to this game. I'm stumped. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593582
Which one?

I got the second and the fourth.

The first one is new. The image name for the medal is Bubba.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 14:40:35 Reply

At 4/13/12 02:32 PM, DiMono wrote:

The first one is new. The image name for the medal is Bubba.

This one is a toughie.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 15:10:56 Reply

At 4/13/12 02:32 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 4/13/12 02:09 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 4/13/12 01:19 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Mandog has added another secret medal to this game. I'm stumped. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593582
Which one?

I got the second and the fourth.
The first one is new. The image name for the medal is Bubba.

Yep. It has something to do with this Big Gay Bubba movie, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm still scratching my head.

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 15:26:51 Reply

At 4/13/12 03:10 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 4/13/12 02:32 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 4/13/12 02:09 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 4/13/12 01:19 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Mandog has added another secret medal to this game. I'm stumped. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but obviously I haven't.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593582
Which one?

I got the second and the fourth.
The first one is new. The image name for the medal is Bubba.
Yep. It has something to do with this Big Gay Bubba movie, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm still scratching my head.

Okay now. Apparently the medal has not been implemented yet, it's there so the author can test it when he updates the game soon to Version 2.0. So don't waste your time looking for it just yet. Author will PM me when it's available and I will post back here when you can actually attain it. Also, extra bonus, there will be a few other medals added too. I am sworn to secrecy as to how to attain the medal though, so if you can't get it, please don't ask me as refusal often offends. I'm sure one of you will find it and pass it around though. You guys always do. Just remember I have already supplied you with a very good clue.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 18:53:35 Reply

  • Snowball Ambush
    Snowball Ambush by ir0nh0rse

    A very snowy High Score game.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    138 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

medals don't seem to work...

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-13 22:37:09 Reply

At 4/13/12 06:53 PM, EdyKel wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593749
medals don't seem to work...

Well I had 1 quick game and got the first medal okay, so that one definitely works.

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 00:11:18 Reply

At 4/13/12 10:37 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Well I had 1 quick game and got the first medal okay, so that one definitely works.

The Survival and Ambush modes work just fine too. Ambush mode is the most entertaining one imo.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 00:33:00 Reply

At 4/14/12 12:11 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:37 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Well I had 1 quick game and got the first medal okay, so that one definitely works.
The Survival and Ambush modes work just fine too. Ambush mode is the most entertaining one imo.

I got the 500,000 medal as well, so they all seem to work now.

Ambush mode was the most entertaining, but also slightly frustrating lol.


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 01:16:20 Reply

At 4/13/12 10:09 AM, SFS1313 wrote: New game on the medals page (and the medals do work)...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593406

The game does not keep track of your upgrades this has happened to me and someone else, if you leave and come back you lose your upgrades but keep your guns. I guess you are stuck beating it in one sitting then


Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 01:49:58 Reply

At 4/14/12 01:16 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:09 AM, SFS1313 wrote: New game on the medals page (and the medals do work)...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593406
The game does not keep track of your upgrades this has happened to me and someone else, if you leave and come back you lose your upgrades but keep your guns. I guess you are stuck beating it in one sitting then

Yeah that's actually true. You have to play and get as many upgrades as you can in one game, then after you kill the boss, play the game in Hard mode until you get enough money to get everything (weapons included) upgraded.

Also, for me anyway, in order to get the Pistol Only medal, I had to only upgrade the pistol, nothing else. Not even the health. For some people, that seems to be the only way, but for others, they can upgrade everything while only using the pistol. So it all depends (for me I had to play the game 3 times just to get all 3 medals).


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 03:22:53 Reply

  • Moves Like Juggler
    Moves Like Juggler by Ivystar

    Gain mind blowing bonuses, epic medals and juggle your way to highscore.

    Score
    3.53 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    2,903 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

A couple key observation:

-- Items are spawned according to how many times you hit the balls with your paddle. In this sense, the Magnetism power really speeds up the amount of items that spawns, while Zero Gravity is the opposite (and is actually a debuff if you're going for items).

-- The game also caps the amount of balls you can have at once. You'll have to selectively destroy hyper balls and cloned balls if you want to clone the red/black ball for the medals.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 03:55:09 Reply

At 4/14/12 12:33 AM, VJF wrote:
At 4/14/12 12:11 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:37 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Well I had 1 quick game and got the first medal okay, so that one definitely works.
The Survival and Ambush modes work just fine too. Ambush mode is the most entertaining one imo.
I got the 500,000 medal as well, so they all seem to work now.

Ambush mode was the most entertaining, but also slightly frustrating lol.

yeah, they seems to work now. I just hated playing ambush mode over again to earn a medal that I should already have had the first time.

MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 04:23:36 Reply

At 4/14/12 01:49 AM, VJF wrote: Yeah that's actually true. You have to play and get as many upgrades as you can in one game, then after you kill the boss, play the game in Hard mode until you get enough money to get everything (weapons included) upgraded.
Also, for me anyway, in order to get the Pistol Only medal, I had to only upgrade the pistol, nothing else. Not even the health. For some people, that seems to be the only way, but for others, they can upgrade everything while only using the pistol. So it all depends (for me I had to play the game 3 times just to get all 3 medals).

The game also doesnt save any upgrades past wave 19. So expect to play for five or six waves after starting over for the second time to upgrade everything


Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 04:26:43 Reply

At 4/14/12 01:16 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:09 AM, SFS1313 wrote: New game on the medals page (and the medals do work)...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593406
The game does not keep track of your upgrades this has happened to me and someone else, if you leave and come back you lose your upgrades but keep your guns. I guess you are stuck beating it in one sitting then

Try switching to another weapon, and then back to the pistol. For some, the pistol doesn't register that it's upgraded until you switch between weapons, or until you enter the upgrade menu.

At 4/14/12 03:22 AM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593648
-- Items are spawned according to how many times you hit the balls with your paddle. In this sense, the Magnetism power really speeds up the amount of items that spawns, while Zero Gravity is the opposite (and is actually a debuff if you're going for items).

I think it's more random than that. I think there is a percentage chance of an item spawning when it hits the paddle, instead of a predetermined number of times.

VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 05:58:54 Reply

I looked through the last 10 pages, so I'm sure no one has posted this/

This Game now has Medals:

  • Classic Pong
    Classic Pong by Spiggoingio

    The classic game of Pong with some custom sounds & medals!

    Score
    2.75 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    1,195 Views
    Rated
    Everyone


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 12:12:32 Reply

New Game. This is a good one.

  • Firefight
    Firefight by Torrunt

    Survive an onslaught of Mercenaries with powerful weapons and sentries.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    101 Views
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 18:07:45 Reply

At 4/14/12 12:12 PM, gamejunkie wrote: New Game. This is a good one.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593790

zOmg a dev console!! *goes to screw up the game*

Are the medals broken btw?


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 18:25:49 Reply

At 4/14/12 06:07 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/14/12 12:12 PM, gamejunkie wrote: New Game. This is a good one.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593790
Are the medals broken btw?

Same question. Survived 8 days with no medal, and got a bunch of tags with no medal.


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 20:18:05 Reply

At 4/14/12 06:07 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/14/12 12:12 PM, gamejunkie wrote: New Game. This is a good one.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593790
zOmg a dev console!! *goes to screw up the game*

Are the medals broken btw?

Shit, I just noticed I got no medals either. Please don't tell me I wasted another hour playing a game for no medals again, for the love of god please no.

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 20:19:31 Reply

At 4/14/12 08:18 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Shit, I just noticed I got no medals either. Please don't tell me I wasted another hour playing a game for no medals again, for the love of god please no.

Sadly, I think you did, ol' chum. Thankfully, I only wasted about half that time. :)

Torrunt
Torrunt
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 22:16:02 Reply

At 4/14/12 06:07 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Are the medals broken btw?

They shouldn't be as I've gotten them all (except 2 for the Protect gamemode) myself. Unless Newgrounds did something to mess them up they should be fine.

Also with the Developer Console you shouldn't be able to do anything that will let you get crazy scores on the Leaderboards or get Medals easier. If you do manage to do something like that with it please send me a message.

At 4/14/12 06:25 PM, VJF wrote: Same question. Survived 8 days with no medal, and got a bunch of tags with no medal.

There is no Medal for surviving 8 days, there is one for surviving 10 though. There's also a few others for doing random stuff such as just enabling the console.


BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 22:43:43 Reply

At 4/14/12 10:16 PM, Torrunt wrote: They shouldn't be as I've gotten them all (except 2 for the Protect gamemode) myself. Unless Newgrounds did something to mess them up they should be fine.

It seems like nobody else has any medals though, so maybe they were messed up in putting the game on the site? I know I should've gotten a few of them (I opened the developer console a few times), so they don't seem to work for me to be sure. Do the admins have to approve the medals first?

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 22:59:11 Reply

At 4/14/12 10:16 PM, Torrunt wrote: Also with the Developer Console you shouldn't be able to do anything that will let you get crazy scores on the Leaderboards or get Medals easier. If you do manage to do something like that with it please send me a message.

I was mostly curious about Torrunt's Super Assault Rifle. AFAIK, a unique instance of that item does not exist in any form, and it must be created.

Seeing as how I don't have the medal for enabling the dev console though, and I have 138 dog tags and 17 days in survival mode (as an aggro gunner, not a camper), I'd say it's safe to say that the medals are broken. It's just unfortunate that this keeps happening to you =(


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 23:22:34 Reply

At 4/14/12 10:16 PM, Torrunt wrote:
At 4/14/12 06:25 PM, VJF wrote: Same question. Survived 8 days with no medal, and got a bunch of tags with no medal.
There is no Medal for surviving 8 days, there is one for surviving 10 though.

Guess I hit the wrong button, I meant the medal for Surviving 7 days didn't work. Nor did the one for messing with the console. Fun game tho.


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Torrunt
Torrunt
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-14 23:33:27 Reply

I sent a pm to Tom about it and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

At 4/14/12 10:59 PM, Fooliolo wrote: I was mostly curious about Torrunt's Super Assault Rifle. AFAIK, a unique instance of that item does not exist in any form, and it must be created.

To get that medal you have to copy and paste in some code into the console but you first have to find it :P (hint: it's not in the actual game). But don't worry about finding it too much at the moment until the Medals are working.


BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-15 00:01:30 Reply

At 4/14/12 11:33 PM, Torrunt wrote: I sent a pm to Tom about it and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Very cool. From what I've played, it's a great game. Though, I do have one question regarding it... is it supposed to save just once you pass certain days, or does it save when you spend your experience points? Reason I ask is because I kept getting a "SAVING" prompt when I went to the menu to upgrade equipment, but when I died and returned, the game reset all that I gained back to whatever was saved after day 5.

Torrunt
Torrunt
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-15 00:11:34 Reply

At 4/15/12 12:01 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 4/14/12 11:33 PM, Torrunt wrote: I sent a pm to Tom about it and hopefully it will get resolved soon.
Very cool. From what I've played, it's a great game. Though, I do have one question regarding it... is it supposed to save just once you pass certain days, or does it save when you spend your experience points? Reason I ask is because I kept getting a "SAVING" prompt when I went to the menu to upgrade equipment, but when I died and returned, the game reset all that I gained back to whatever was saved after day 5.

The game saves at the end of each day and whenever you open the Shop. Whenever you die you lose your save game and it is replaced by your "fall-back save" which is saved every 5 days. On the 2nd game day there should have been a popup telling you about fall-back saves, did you see it? if you did do you think I should edit it to clarify more?

Every time you see "Saved..." that means it just saved your game so you can continue it later if you left. When it saves "Fall-Back game saved..." that means if you die you will be brought back to that point.


BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-15 00:18:07 Reply

At 4/15/12 12:11 AM, Torrunt wrote: The game saves at the end of each day and whenever you open the Shop. Whenever you die you lose your save game and it is replaced by your "fall-back save" which is saved every 5 days. On the 2nd game day there should have been a popup telling you about fall-back saves, did you see it? if you did do you think I should edit it to clarify more?

Every time you see "Saved..." that means it just saved your game so you can continue it later if you left. When it saves "Fall-Back game saved..." that means if you die you will be brought back to that point.

Okay, I did see the message on the screen. But either my brain didn't register it, or it may have happened during the battle part and I just scanned it quickly before closing the box. Whichever one it is, was admittedly, my fault. Now I understand perfectly. My apologies, and thanks for clarifying it. :)

While it is a pain in the neck to go back to your previous save, especially if you don't make it to the next five days (I think I hit day 9 the last time I played. A save for each day would've made life so much easier!), it does add to the challenge. I look forward to digging into the game more when I get the chance.