00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,273 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 12:29:06

At 37 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote: New game, but I don't think the medals work on it...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591564

They don't work. Can confirm that,
New game, medal also doesn't work:

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 15:15:06

At 2 hours ago, Asandir wrote: New game, medal also doesn't work:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591565

Now it does.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 17:52:05

At 2 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote:
Now it does.

No it doesn't =( Whaazgoingon...?

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 18:15:57

At 20 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote: No it doesn't =( Whaazgoingon...?

The medal for Dys4iashould work , normally. I noticed today that soemtimes medals don't get sent, though. Played the older game Shakespeare Battle Game earlier today and had to play through it twice to get the medal for beating the game. I guess that there are again general problems with the medal system.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 18:52:38

At 59 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote:
At 2 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote:
Now it does.
No it doesn't =( Whaazgoingon...?

It actually worked for me. Interesting enough, I'm not a chick, but I actually enjoyed the game and found it pretty informative.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 21:05:21

Surprised nobody mentioned this fun little game...

The only reason I knew about it was because I saw a few others had earned a few medals from it. I don't think its even on the medals page (or if it was, I missed it).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-09 21:38:33

At 3 hours ago, Asandir wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote: No it doesn't =( Whaazgoingon...?
The medal for Dys4iashould work , normally. I noticed today that soemtimes medals don't get sent, though. Played the older game Shakespeare Battle Game earlier today and had to play through it twice to get the medal for beating the game. I guess that there are again general problems with the medal system.

Same thing happened to me with this game:

Had to play it a couple of times to get them to register on my page.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 00:51:54

Some additional observations for this game:

Nightmare mode is essentially survival mode. Every time you beat the 10 stages, the game apparently ups the difficulty. The most obvious difference is that a black mine enemy spawns at the beginning of the stage, and those things take forever to kill (normally it first shows up in stage 9). Two of them spawn for passing 20 stages, and so on. The multipliers to your score will begin to add up as you build up a high score. I still don't know how to get a high multiplier though...

-- The Rocketeer weapon is pretty good at destroying incoming enemy bullets, but its DPS compared to the Beamer is lacking. The bouncing mine enemies are the strongest against the Rocketeer.
-- Both the Nuke and the Big Beamer have a low rate of fire.
-- The Big Beamer can destroy bullets, and has an insane knockback rate.
-- The death bonus recovery rate upgrade is by far the most expensive upgrade. Mine is currently at 70%, and to increase it to 75% costs 200k.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 01:38:46

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this one yet. New Medal Game:

I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't get it to load properly (got stuck at a perpetual loading screen that said Loading 0% forever), so I don't know if the medals work or not.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 03:30:35

At 1 hour ago, VJF wrote: Can't believe nobody has mentioned this one yet. New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591580
I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't get it to load properly (got stuck at a perpetual loading screen that said Loading 0% forever), so I don't know if the medals work or not.

Game loads fine for me, but the medals are either not working, or the NG servers don't like cooperating. I'm not sure which one atm.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 03:36:47

Where is the list for medals that are not working? I want to double check it and maybe add some new broken medals to the list.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 09:27:12

At 7 hours ago, VJF wrote: Can't believe nobody has mentioned this one yet. New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591580

I saw this one last night, but didn't post it due to the medals didn't wanna work. I wasn't sure if it was on my end, but Fooliolo's response seems to confirm that it's not.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 11:08:18

*sigh* Well thats the second time that the 15k medal refused to unlock in BBR. I do have it backed up but it will still take me hours to be able to get that far like it did this time.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 11:09:14

Finished the fourth part twice, no medal. I see others are having the same problem. This seems to happen a lot to me lately :(

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 12:50:17

At 3 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote: I saw this one last night, but didn't post it due to the medals didn't wanna work. I wasn't sure if it was on my end, but Fooliolo's response seems to confirm that it's not.

The red mastery medal worked fine for me. Not sure if you guys tried for a different medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 13:44:18

At 53 minutes ago, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: The red mastery medal worked fine for me. Not sure if you guys tried for a different medal.

I tried the red mastery medal, but it didn't work. At what time was it awarded?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 14:07:19

At 16 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote:
At 53 minutes ago, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: The red mastery medal worked fine for me. Not sure if you guys tried for a different medal.

I'm pretty positive it was awarded right after I got the level 5 red tower, as I checked my medal page about 10 seconds after meeting the requirement and the medal was there. I think it's worth noting that there was no in-game alert that I received the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 14:26:27

At 14 minutes ago, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
At 16 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote:
I'm pretty positive it was awarded right after I got the level 5 red tower, as I checked my medal page about 10 seconds after meeting the requirement and the medal was there. I think it's worth noting that there was no in-game alert that I received the medal.

What browser are you using? For the last 2 days, almost every medal I earn doesn't register. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem, but you're still getting them. I was looking forward to playing some games on NG tonight, but not under these circumstances.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 14:29:52

I've seen some folks with the medals to this game, so I guess they work.

On a side note, for anybody who's played this, is there a walkthrough at all?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 14:49:23

At 15 minutes ago, Nijsse wrote: What browser are you using? For the last 2 days, almost every medal I earn doesn't register. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem, but you're still getting them. I was looking forward to playing some games on NG tonight, but not under these circumstances.

I'm using Google Chrome. The medal system definitely seems to be really wonky right now, and it took multiple tries for me to unlock a good bit of the medals that I did. The mind-breaker medals were the easiest ones to obtain, because they resend once you start the game (same with Last Robot 2). The other medals that I got were due to me just being lucky, I guess.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-10 14:59:54

At 3 minutes ago, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, Nijsse wrote: What browser are you using? For the last 2 days, almost every medal I earn doesn't register. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem, but you're still getting them. I was looking forward to playing some games on NG tonight, but not under these circumstances.
I'm using Google Chrome. The medal system definitely seems to be really wonky right now, and it took multiple tries for me to unlock a good bit of the medals that I did. The mind-breaker medals were the easiest ones to obtain, because they resend once you start the game (same with Last Robot 2). The other medals that I got were due to me just being lucky, I guess.

Thank you. I figured it might be a problem with Firefox, but I guess it's the medal system itself. Too bad you probably won't be able to reach 200k before the next update because of this. =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 03:08:55

At 22 hours ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Where is the list for medals that are not working? I want to double check it and maybe add some new broken medals to the list.

No help with this?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 04:15:37

At 5 minutes ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 22 hours ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Where is the list for medals that are not working? I want to double check it and maybe add some new broken medals to the list.
No help with this?

Still being worked on, I guess. Here's a few that don't seem to work:

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 05:38:12

At 1 hour ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote: No help with this?

Well, this is what I dug up while going through the Games With Medals page. Some of them don't have visible medals on the game page itself, so those definitely don't work. Most of the other games are broken, but I suspect a few of them have working medals. It's pretty hard to pick those out, especially now that the medal system is somewhat unstable.

Oh well, have fun! =/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 05:47:16

*Looks at huge list of games with not working medals*

FUCK!!!!!!!

So much for easy medals on a lot of those games, lol. I see a bunch that I halfway played and never completed. Good thing too, would have been pissed.

However, Litboy on that list actually gave me medals, so I don't know why it's on there.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 05:54:32

At 3 minutes ago, VJF wrote: However, Litboy on that list actually gave me medals, so I don't know why it's on there.

Like I said, I made the list based on my own knowledge. I'm confident Litboy isn't the only one that shouldn't be on there (thanks, but the way! =)), but this gives you guys something to work with. If I had infinite time, I would've tested all of them, but I'm absolutely sure ~75% of those games have broken medals. The others I just suspect of being broken.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 07:05:15

On another note:

This game has 70 points worth of medals, you can earn 30 of them in a matter of seconds. The author did add a 50-point medal you can buy(!) for a dollar. It's obviously not about the dollar, but this seems to be a great moment to start banning people to use the medal system.. =/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 07:05:21

The 90,000 point medal in Pro-R, 15k m in BBR survival mode (two tries), do not get damaged Drake Winterland medals didnt unlock either. The very last being tried twice as well after deleting the .sol folder.
Time to start playing maple again maybe?

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-11 07:08:22

At 1 minute ago, MatthewF wrote: The 90,000 point medal in Pro-R, 15k m in BBR survival mode (two tries), do not get damaged Drake Winterland medals didnt unlock either. The very last being tried twice as well after deleting the .sol folder.
Time to start playing maple again maybe?

The medal system seems very unstable for the last few days. We all have trouble collecting medals because of this. I suggest you wait until it gets fixed, or just make sure you don't try to get some of the harder medals, as it will likely be a waste of your time.