00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,278 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 02:36:42

Can someone please PM me how to make a great Tuna Sandwich?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 04:01:21

Update on grinding out the swarm challenges of Outpost: Haven...

Waves: more than 100 required to complete all 5 challenge levels.
Rounds: 60 required to achieve level 3. Level 4 requires 120 apparently. Hmm...
Sets: 25 required to complete all 5 challenge levels. Unlike most of the other challenges, the requirements at each level are the same.
Plays: 15 required to complete level 1. Counts are separate for all 5 swarm arenas. I haven't gotten a single challenge level completion in this category yet, but starting and quitting seems to work.

5 waves = 1 round, 3 rounds = 1 set. 25 sets = 75 rounds = 375 waves. If you grind out a set, you get 12 waves, 2 rounds, and 1 set added to your challenge completion, because that's the way it works atm. Since I've been doing endless grindings for sets, my round count has been really low. Even having completed all 25 sets for the sets challenge, I only have an 80% completion rate with level 2 for the rounds challenge, and about 53% completion rate with level 4 for the waves challenge.

Aliens become more numerous (yeyz lag) and probably harder to kill as you progress. The same enemies will always spawn depending on your wave and round in any set. For example, you'll never see any of the ranged aliens spawn in round 0, regardless of which set you're on (though you might find mobs leftover from the previous wave).

The furthest I've cared to get was completing set 8 for arena 3, as is evident by my high score. I'd empty all my ammo stores for three weapons after doing a full circle of the arena. Unless I use the China Lake, which just clears EVERYTHING that has spawned if you shoot it enough (it is glitched).

... ...

This is just horrendous and unacceptable imo.

At 1/16/12 02:36 AM, Nijsse wrote: Can someone please PM me how to make a great Tuna Sandwich?

What? Are you talking about A9BP? That game is under the curse of Scrotum (and I never touched it anyways), so I can't tell immediately.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 05:16:53

At 1/16/12 04:01 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 1/16/12 02:36 AM, Nijsse wrote: Can someone please PM me how to make a great Tuna Sandwich?
What? Are you talking about A9BP? That game is under the curse of Scrotum (and I never touched it anyways), so I can't tell immediately.

No, I'm talking about Tuna Sandwiches. This thread turned into a PM requesting club, so I thought I'd join the fun! A9BP is very straight forward, I just hate the Scrotum Curse (love the name), since I have no idea what in-game achievement actually unlocks NG medals.

Oh and please, stop playing Outpost: Haven, it's not worth it. =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 08:19:46

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 13:30:24

At 1/16/12 05:16 AM, Nijsse wrote: Oh and please, stop playing Outpost: Haven, it's not worth it. =(

If it was just for the medal points, I would have stopped long ago =P

But for the sake of consistency, I would like to determine if the medal is obtainable, and what (unexpected) hurdles one would have to cross. And for the medal where I lack sufficient skill/time to grab, that's where you and Wonder and queenofbabes comes in xD

As it is currently set up, the challenges system in Outpost: Haven have a ton of elements that lessen the feeling of the grind. However, I intend to find out how much time it really requires to complete all the challenges, and then report this to the author, because no one in their right mind takes that much time to do the same thing over and over again in a single player game. Currently, it looks as if it will take more time to complete than getting 100% in a retail PC/console game that isn't open-ended (like Skyrim). I think it's only fair for him and the rest of the NG gaming community, since he's at least making the sequel.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 19:17:29

At 1/15/12 01:02 AM, queenofbabes wrote: Clue me in on 'private party' someone?

...Anybody?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 20:03:47

At 1/16/12 07:17 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
...Anybody?

Clue you in? sure.

It's the old Double Dragon glitch of climbing walls.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 20:32:52

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 20:58:34

At 1/16/12 08:03 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/16/12 07:17 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
...Anybody?
Clue you in? sure.

It's the old Double Dragon glitch of climbing walls.

Ah, hell. I kept looking for it at the boss stage =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-16 22:04:41

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 03:27:15

At 1/16/12 10:04 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8164

Very easy game, just glitchy. Also, I found this out the hard way, but if you want to rescue Hilda at the end, EQUIP the cursed ring to your items. You can't just have it in your inventory or you will have to start all over.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 06:38:35

I've been trying to get the CLOSE ESCAPE medal of "freeway fury" for quite a long time now. And I'm absolutely stuck. How do you get this one?

I've already asked, but no one noticed. :(

Same goes for the PINBALL medal of "Road of the dead."

Does anyone have a clue for these?
Thanks!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 10:22:00

At 1/17/12 06:38 AM, BSEfcukde wrote: I've been trying to get the CLOSE ESCAPE medal of "freeway fury" for quite a long time now. And I'm absolutely stuck. How do you get this one?

Exactly what it says. If you crash your vehicle a few times it will explode. Jump just before it does.

Same goes for the PINBALL medal of "Road of the dead."

Eh, don't really remember. Just drive like a maniac. Full upgrades and a later, more crowded stage should help.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 11:08:55

At 1/17/12 03:27 AM, VJF wrote: Also, I found this out the hard way, but if you want to rescue Hilda at the end, EQUIP the cursed ring to your items. You can't just have it in your inventory or you will have to start all over.

Now you tell me!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 12:22:43

How do I get the Thriller and Headbanger medals?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 12:28:23

Hey guys, did you find that all the medals were achievable in Abobo's Big Adventure? I think they all are, but wanted to make sure with you all.

Thanks!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 12:42:05

At 1/17/12 12:28 PM, PestoForce wrote: Hey guys, did you find that all the medals were achievable in Abobo's Big Adventure? I think they all are, but wanted to make sure with you all.

Thanks!
At 1/12/12 09:34 PM, Fooliolo wrote: I got all 100 medals. Whoo!

Only about 35 hours after it is submitted. I'm sure someone else has beaten me to the punch, but this is my record xD

The diversity of characters over time and such certainly overwhelms I Want to be The Guy: The Movie: The Game. Also, different gameplay for each level. That is madness! You guys certainly have went above and beyond.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 12:46:41

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 14:59:03

kk im down to my last two medals, its the friendly fire and the thanks doc medals.. can someone pls pm me on how to get them. if u want help also pm me i know how to get all the others

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 15:08:07

At 1/17/12 02:59 PM, smilyenterprizes wrote: kk im down to my last two medals, its the friendly fire and the thanks doc medals.. can someone pls pm me on how to get them. if u want help also pm me i know how to get all the others

Sure, sent.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 15:26:40

shot dude for the help that leaves one last one, anyone know how to get the thanks doc award... allotta people seem to be getting it randomly, but alas i still have not thanked my surgeon. help someon :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 20:37:03

Can anyone pm me on how to get Thriller and headbanger?
I know several others asked the same thing, but I'm just not getting the hints!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 20:59:40

At 1/16/12 08:32 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Zero-point medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8160

Can anyone help me out on the 1up medal? I can never find that damn block.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 21:41:19

At 1/17/12 08:59 PM, MrRager wrote: Can anyone help me out on the 1up medal? I can never find that damn block.

I found it near the hole I think. At any rate, you can climb on top of it, even if you haven't revealed it yet.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-17 22:54:09

Last medals I need: duckhunted, headbanger, double trouble and fire bad. I'm about to give up on them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-18 00:24:08

At 1/17/12 03:26 PM, smilyenterprizes wrote: shot dude for the help that leaves one last one, anyone know how to get the thanks doc award...
At 1/17/12 08:37 PM, Crossme wrote: Can anyone pm me on how to get Thriller and headbanger?
At 1/17/12 10:54 PM, foxpointboca wrote: Last medals I need: duckhunted, headbanger, double trouble and fire bad. I'm about to give up on them.

PMs sent.

Cause NG hates me saying small things with big quotes, I'll leave this here. The first set of Outpost: Haven's Swarm mode takes half an hour to complete. The first round takes about 6 minutes to complete. I've also spend about 150% more time in Swarm mode than I have in Story mode (no thanks, Quick Reader challenge)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-18 04:21:32

Im currently trying to get the Stay still for 21 seconds medal in Bullet Bill 3...apparently it cannot be done in a custom stage and the early stages dont allow enough time for it. Forget about the later stages having enough space.....also I am having trouble with the Stay on the right side of the screen medal? Any thoughts?

Im always behind the ball when it comes to games. I guess I just dont have the time like you guys do

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-18 05:18:53

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-18 10:21:20

At 1/18/12 04:21 AM, MatthewF wrote: Im currently trying to get the Stay still for 21 seconds medal in Bullet Bill 3...apparently it cannot be done in a custom stage and the early stages dont allow enough time for it. Forget about the later stages having enough space.....also I am having trouble with the Stay on the right side of the screen medal? Any thoughts?

Actually I got the Stay Still medal in the first or second stage by using the clock power. There's very little margin for adjustments once the stage starts though, so don't screw up.

By the same strategy, you can get the other medal in question. Or just simply memorize the stage and repeatedly run it again and again until you get it xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-18 15:47:18

Fairly straight forward game.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature