00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,003 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 16:58:51

'kay, it's been fixed.
Also, the mailbox medal doesn't work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:37:47

At 5/4/10 04:35 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/4/10 03:56 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game with medals: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 5092
I have all the medals except the mail box one and the two secret ones..I wonder what they are...

How do you fight the giant hen?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:41:32

At 5/4/10 05:37 PM, chris-marks wrote: How do you fight the giant hen?

You don't.You just avoid the eggs until it dies (but I guess you figured that one out since you have the medal)
Also, it an teleport ON you sometimes and insta-kill you, so watch out.
Oh, and if you notice something...shiny on the bottom right , run through it to get something cool.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:49:38

At 5/4/10 05:37 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/4/10 04:35 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/4/10 03:56 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game with medals: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 5092
I have all the medals except the mail box one and the two secret ones..I wonder what they are...
How do you fight the giant hen?

Never mind, I got it. Also the author says the mailbox medal isn't supposed to be there.

I'm wondering what the remaining secret medals are. One is an easter egg, and another has to do with a flower, but what's the third? It's not for dying in all 3 ways, and it's not for catching 10 Uber Kids. I'm pretty sure you get one for giving the person in McDonald's a saxophone, but I don't know how to get it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:52:43

Finally over the 40,000 point mark. yay!

Anybody notice that the "touch mail" medal in PLV looks like the image for the Super Mario Crossover game?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:54:45

At 5/4/10 05:49 PM, chris-marks wrote: I'm wondering what the remaining secret medals are. One is an easter egg, and another has to do with a flower, but what's the third? It's not for dying in all 3 ways, and it's not for catching 10 Uber Kids. I'm pretty sure you get one for giving the person in McDonald's a saxophone, but I don't know how to get it.

Never mind, I figured it out. And it's clever. I like it. It just suddenly dawned on me. Another game in the tank.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 17:58:57

At 5/4/10 05:54 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/4/10 05:49 PM, chris-marks wrote: I'm wondering what the remaining secret medals are. One is an easter egg, and another has to do with a flower, but what's the third? It's not for dying in all 3 ways, and it's not for catching 10 Uber Kids. I'm pretty sure you get one for giving the person in McDonald's a saxophone, but I don't know how to get it.
Never mind, I figured it out. And it's clever. I like it. It just suddenly dawned on me. Another game in the tank.

You mean the medal where you get to "meet the maker"?
Also, yeah, mailbox medal has the super mario crossover icon, but what could it be?
If anyone figured it out, don't be afraid to say it, it's not a secret :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 18:02:52

At 5/4/10 05:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: Finally over the 40,000 point mark. yay!

I'm not far behind you, I'm sitting a little over 39,000. Exciting times!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 18:04:19

At 5/4/10 06:02 PM, chris-marks wrote:

Halfway through 38,000, but Imma catch up with Primary
!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 18:21:18

At 5/4/10 06:04 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/4/10 06:02 PM, chris-marks wrote:
Halfway through 38,000, but Imma catch up with Primary
!!!

I'm hoping to get Dadgame and Fig. 8 out of the way this week, which will help by about 250 (300 if professional is working), and there are still a few games I haven't touched that are worth 400-500, like Epic War 2 and the Doom thing, and Sonny 2. No promises on whether I'm going after the Bomb Diggity medals though; I'm really bad at that game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 18:51:18

At 5/4/10 06:21 PM, chris-marks wrote: I'm hoping to get Dadgame and Fig. 8 out of the way this week, which will help by about 250 (300 if professional is working), and there are still a few games I haven't touched that are worth 400-500, like Epic War 2 and the Doom thing, and Sonny 2. No promises on whether I'm going after the Bomb Diggity medals though; I'm really bad at that game.

Epic War 2, Doom and Sonny 2 will take AGES to complete (1 day each, and you have to spend the whole damn day getting them), and the last two have a relatively low point count..as for Dadgame, urgh...I'm not exactly fond of it...
I have loads of games that I didn't complete, but most of them are so boring that I can't find the courage to play them for more than 20 minutes :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 19:00:52

At 5/4/10 06:21 PM, chris-marks wrote: I'm hoping to get Dadgame and Fig. 8 out of the way this week, which will help by about 250 (300 if professional is working)

Well, I just played Fig. 8 on a fresh load of the game (no cache) and I didn't get the professional medal with my score of 1,200,196. For those who've gotten it, did you have to beat the game twice so it wouldn't try to give you Explorer the first time?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 20:24:46

At 5/4/10 04:52 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 5/4/10 04:18 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i know it's old news, but regarding Enigmata 2, has anyone gotten this?
it's as powerful as the blue laser: fires fast, good firepower, four directions. the formula is in the pic:
Yeah I've gotten it. I haven't tested it properly, but I believe blue laser has the higher dps.

what's dps?
also, you DO know that the blue laser can be combined with the green fusion fire, right?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 20:25:10

At 5/4/10 07:00 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/4/10 06:21 PM, chris-marks wrote: I'm hoping to get Dadgame and Fig. 8 out of the way this week, which will help by about 250 (300 if professional is working)
Well, I just played Fig. 8 on a fresh load of the game (no cache) and I didn't get the professional medal with my score of 1,200,196. For those who've gotten it, did you have to beat the game twice so it wouldn't try to give you Explorer the first time?

And after non-stop trying at it after this post, I finally got the Perfectionist medal. I also found a faster route to the Trailblazer medal, which is for getting a score multiplier of 500 or more. Below is a picture of how early I got it. That was in a failed game, but I was later able to get my combo up over 650, which went a long way toward my score of 2.2m. Not the best, certainly, but I liked it. Especially since it came with a Perfectionist medal :D

Now, I'm really interested about the Professional medal. I'm going to play through the game again now that the pressure of not using checkpoints is off, and I'll make sure I get 1,000,000 points or more. If I don't get the medal, I may have to call shenanigans.

In unrelated news, I just about had a conniption when my image upload to this post wasn't going through. I was afraid my internet connection had died, and I hadn't gotten the medal. Silly in hindsight, since I was able to click the Reply link and everything, but still... I was worried there for a second. I'm really proud of this medal, and if I had to do it again I think I'd have to murder someone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 20:44:00

Pico's Ludo Vengence walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj1OEIr1m dQ

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 21:02:32

At 5/4/10 08:24 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: what's dps?

DPS = Damage Per Second. It's a more accurate way of figuring out what the most destructive weapon is. If you just go by damage, you're not taking into account firing speed, and vice versa. DPS tells you which weapon is actually stronger.

Also, I just finished Fig. 8 again with over 1,000,000, and didn't get the Professional medal. I'm calling shenanigans.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 21:22:23

At 5/4/10 08:25 PM, chris-marks wrote:

for the 500x medal you can just hold shift and it makes it impossible to break your combo

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 21:37:15

At 5/4/10 09:22 PM, cohenramin wrote:
At 5/4/10 08:25 PM, chris-marks wrote:
for the 500x medal you can just hold shift and it makes it impossible to break your combo

...Yes, I know. Thank you. :P

Actually I think I've figured out the fastest route to that medal. I may put it in video format at some point if the mood strikes me. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 22:09:02

At 5/4/10 09:37 PM, chris-marks wrote: Actually I think I've figured out the fastest route to that medal. I may put it in video format at some point if the mood strikes me. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this

I hope he got the professional medal for that one. :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 22:42:00

At 5/4/10 10:09 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 5/4/10 09:37 PM, chris-marks wrote: Actually I think I've figured out the fastest route to that medal. I may put it in video format at some point if the mood strikes me. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this

I just recorded my fast 500x playthrough. I hit 500 when he hits 420. Cool, right?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-04 22:55:49

At 5/4/10 08:24 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: also, you DO know that the blue laser can be combined with the green fusion fire, right?

Yes, of course I meant the blue laser with the fusion fire.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 02:43:33

At 5/4/10 10:42 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/4/10 10:09 PM, EdyKel wrote:
I just recorded my fast 500x playthrough. I hit 500 when he hits 420. Cool, right?

I'm uploading my 500x video to YouTube right now. I actually took it up to 726 just to show off, but that's where I stopped because of the convenient checkpoint and no other reason. I didn't randomly crash shortly thereafter. At some point I'm going to see if I can assemble a picture of the full route. But not tonight.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 03:20:51

At 5/5/10 02:43 AM, chris-marks wrote: I'm uploading my 500x video to YouTube right now. I actually took it up to 726 just to show off, but that's where I stopped because of the convenient checkpoint and no other reason. I didn't randomly crash shortly thereafter. At some point I'm going to see if I can assemble a picture of the full route. But not tonight.

And here it is. If you wait a few minutes, there's an awesome audioswap going on, since for some reason I can't record the audio from my speakers when I record gameplay videos right now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 11:40:06

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 11:57:38

At 5/5/10 11:40 AM, EdyKel wrote: Hmmm... this has a medal...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 5019

Doesn't seem to work yet.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 12:35:21

At 5/4/10 10:59 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
I propose a simpler alternative.

Instead of doing acrobatics and making sure the clone lands on top of the same guy, all within the space of roughly one second, I simply jumped, touched the coin and killed the....thing....then as you bounce back up move as far left in the air (so as the avoid the fireball) and land as far to the left edge of the platform as possible without falling off.

So now you have 2 guys spaced apart, but the distance separating them is just slightly larger than the gap between that platform and the next (the one with 4 enemies). So you can jump left such that you have one guy on the next platform, while the other guy now on the left edge of the same platform. Take your time killing the 4 enemies. To get the other guy over, jump straight up, and hold left as you are landing. From there on it's straightforward.

Queen, your tactic was the simplest for me to pull off. I got the medal pretty easily. Thanks for the idea. I did it slightly differently, using the "bounce" that occurs after you jump on the last of the 4 enemies on the platform to have my stand-alone plumber on the other platform jump in the air so when the first group lands after the bounce, they can safely move left while the standalone plumber can go left in the air, clearing the gap and landing on the 4-enemy platform.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 13:27:17

i've decided to play IWBTFG again today, and guess what: i'm at the space station, with zero deaths and three minutes in my time.
wish me luck.

FUCKING MOVING PLATFORMS

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 13:36:13

At 5/5/10 01:27 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i've decided to play IWBTFG again today, and guess what: i'm at the space station, with zero deaths and three minutes in my time.
wish me luck.

FUCKING MOVING PLATFORMS

Good luck.:)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 14:47:02

almost there! just a few more levels, and that's 200 points!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-05 14:50:22

At 5/5/10 02:47 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: almost there! just a few more levels, and that's 200 points!

The volcano that's coming up for you is my arch nemesis in that game.