00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy?

5,081 Views | 25 Replies

Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-06 07:14:23

Welcome to the
Monthly Audio Contest 2009 - March KID SONG theme.

Submission entries in this thread only, all discussion go HERE

Who's your daddy?

Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy?

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-06 07:15:04

Kid songs?
What the...?
- That's right! This time around, the contest is about making music that the young ones would approve off!

- One point of this contest is to get a little variation in the Audio Portal, and of course the MAC itself. And with Pico Day coming up (30'th of April), we'll be in good time to finnish this contest off for flash authors to pick and choose between the contest entries!

- For those of you who are a little out of the loop, NG's creator, Tom Fulp and his wife April Fulp are expecting their first child in mid March. It's probably not a too wild guess that quite a few of these future Pico-day flashes will include the Fulps, and their expected. And with a contest like this, perhaps we can help encourage that. Newgrounds must has soft side liek all other pepel too, on the inside, no? ^___^

Kid-songs, eh? Moar info pl0x!
- Contest entries with lyrics will most likley have an advantage in the judging process.

- Even though technical clarity always is prefered, the emphasis this time will be how funny/"good" a kidsong You managed to create! A tip could be to try to make something catchy, that kids (and adults) easily could catch on and sing along to!

- We understand that some of you might think this is childish (durrh, that's the point...), so if you prefer to make an adult-oriented song in kid-song disguise, that's perfectly fine.

- Please note that we would like you to tag your song, if it's adult-oriented or not. See rule #4 for more info!

Awards
- Like the previous MAC, the top four winners will recieve 30$ NG store credit. These credits are for the store only.

- On top of that, the following will be found in the treasure-box:
1st) 200 SUPahCredits
2nd) 125 SUPahCredits
3rd) 100 SUPahCredits
4th) 75 SUPahCredits
5th - 10th) a monkey... a cruel CRUEL monkey. He don't like your eyes, just so you know. >:(
- The SUPahCredits can both be used in the NG store and/or converted to cash. So basically, if you're one of the lucky top four bastards, you could say "I'd like this tee, this DVD, five keychains, another tee and three penicorns sent to me, and the leftovers of the SUPahCredit I'd like in cash (a check)."

- Top four submissions will also be featured on the NG Frontpage for roughly a week or so. Expoooosure, mmmm....

Bob is the one to inform of how you want the awards, but remember that only the SUPahCredit can be converted to cash. If I won, I'd totally take the oppurtunity to support the NG-family by getting some DVD's and stuff, and penicorns. At least 5 penicorns.

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what´s OK to upload and what´s not, check this old thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use.

2 - Make a song according to these rules, and with that kid-spirit tossed in there, be it toddler plink plonk or a rocky tune on your acoustic guitar!

3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.

4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs (just copy/paste the html from the page, and it'll turn up with all information nessecary. NG BBS is awesome like that). Please include a tag in your post if the tune include explicit lyrics or not.

5 - If it´s a cover, include the original song title. You should pay tribute to the original artist by mentioning his/hers/theirs name in the descripton, if it doesn´t fit in the songtitle.

6 - For this contest, you may submit any number of songs. However, if you submit pure crap/spam, your entries will be excluded.

7 - Don´t come around with crappy alts. Submit music using ONE account, or make clear that you're the same person. Do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in the discussion thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS mod will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk serving some bantime.

8 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread BEFORE March have ended. If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM or e-mail LJCoffee or Rucklo and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself, and we´ll make sure your contest entry gets included.

9 You are NOT ALLOWED to submit old pieces of music to this contest. All contests must have been submitted to the NG Audio Portal. from the date this contest was submitted.

10 - LOL! Or else. >:(

Additional info:
- The rules/guidelines might change slightly as the contest is running. Most likley nothing major, but stay tuned to the discussion thread just in case!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-06 07:15:27

MAC9 - March Crewmembers and their positions (in no specific order):
LJCoffee - Mastah Judge and all that jazz, co-manager, behind the banner artwork. He took the picture, that is. Yeah.
TomFulp - Owner and creator of this site, providing this contest with all awesome awards.
MaestroRage - Chilling in the kitchen, stealing all your orange-juice. >:(
Rucklo - Co-manager
DarKsidE555 - Daz allmightuhz listmastah. He's german, but that's not his fault, so it's ok.
EchozAurora - Blabber-mouth deluxe who will announce the winners at a currently undetermined date. Sometime in april. We hope. Stay tuned for more info!
Rig - Über judge Deluxe
SBB - Über judge Deluxe
Bad-Man-Incorporated and the Headbangers - Über judges Deluxe
Bob - Store clerk. He's got a baseballbat and a shotgun under the counter, just so you know...

Previous contests based in the Audio Forum:
MAC9 - Valoltines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!

MAC7 - December 8-bit Christmas
MAC7 - November DnB / Ambient
MAC7 - June CASTLE CRASHERS theme.
MAC7 - May REDESIGN, FRONTPAGE THEME!
MAC7 - March (+April) PICO LOOP theme.
MAC7 - February PICO TREASURE HUNT!

Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST

Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-08 14:31:19

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-10 12:11:07

I'm a devious bastard I know

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-10 12:40:50

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-10 17:54:57

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-11 08:28:17

i hope it works LOL. i suck at thread links.

Song 1....bubble song
short and sweet, the toddlers love to bounce to this one whilst i do my puppet show!

Song 2....Teddies picnic
read the label LOL. its used for our parent and toddler picnic time at Playtowers! yayness!

Song 3....Christmas Friends
a bit of happy clappy kids banter using flutes, tamberines and other hippy crap! my favourite composition! yayness!

Song 4....baa baa Fluffsy
this is my second favourite! only because i love australia so much! it is the first song featured in my puppet show! OH YEAH! and my singing is awful. please judge this on the overall composition as apose to just my singing inabilities. :D:D:D

Song 5.... Ausie Insania
Another short one, made to end my ausie themed puppet show! P.S. the singin sucks. please do not judge my ability to sing, but rather the songs as a whole.

Well! it has takn me an hour to compose this one page of links... my luck says it wont FRIKIN WORK!
none the less, if it does... i hope you enjoy them, and i hope they take you back to the good ol days! lol. thanks. and best of luck to all of you. especially YOU!
Child power :D:D:D

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-11 14:27:09

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-12 23:06:06

My first entry!

Good luck to everyone!

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-13 00:06:09

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-16 20:03:06

I made a cheesy "La la la" song....LOL

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-16 21:23:54

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-18 13:15:30

yo. it is no where near as good as my other songs. but i had to make it fresh without a mic and knowledge of how to use the Music programme. and it sucks LOL.

Mr jingles.

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-19 03:03:49

Guuuuhhhhhh, fuck this shit. Next comp theme: shit music. I'm ready for it.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-20 07:17:50

more songy stuff. it sucks. LOL.

Drunken sailor dance mix

childrens LOLlaby

sailors hornpipe dance mix

Ruperts jiggy little song

Thats it from me! happy judging! and good luck to you all. P.S. pellicans rulez. :D:D:D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-20 18:22:10

LOL I'M KEWL NOW 2 RITE??????//

And yes, this song obviously has explicit lyrics.

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-23 01:33:33

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-23 14:38:28

Here's my entry:

I may or may not enter another composition, depending on time constraints.

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-28 16:49:35

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-29 22:56:45

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-31 07:19:58

Don't know if I did this right. Any ways, last minute classical entry xD Too late?

Goodnight Whispers

They told me I "Could" put a signature here, so I did. =|

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-31 12:05:04

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-31 14:03:21

We've saved the best for last...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-31 22:31:52

Wanted to make a fun, unique electronic song with a happy bassline and child-like vocals (obviously to insinuate the childlike qualities of this competition's goal).

Will change the title to something more appropriate if necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac9 - March. Who's Your Daddy? 2009-03-31 23:36:41

This is my Entry for the "Who's Your Daddy" MAC9 contest. As opposed to a song written for kids to listen to, here is a song kids can actually play on the piano, one of the most common instruments. :D Written in the Key of C, the melody is easy to remember and play, and even though I didn't include lyrics, kids can easily make up their own.