00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent a Country 2 [Contest]

13,906 Views | 299 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-27 20:16:56

Here's my entry, at last, literally just finished mixing the track now. And for info it says 3:51 on NG but in the studio and itunes it's 3:50, so im guessing NG rounds up to the nearest second.

Judges if thats a problem, just tell me and ill take the extra second off no problem ^_^

Desert Winds - SownShadow Fox

NEW TUNES! CHECK THEM HERE!

itsfoxhall/SownShadow Fox

Click the picture for my actual real life band D:

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 06:25:59

My song to represent Italy is already finished and ready to be uploaded!!!

It's called: Il Souno Dell'Italia (The Sound Of Italy)

I'm going to compete in the semi finals, so I suppouse that the day for uploading it is next monday right?

I ask because I see that there are several songs that had been already uploaded to NG. I don't care about uploading it right now or just wait until monday

Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 09:22:08

At 3/28/09 06:25 AM, Airprogressive wrote: My song to represent Italy is already finished and ready to be uploaded!!!

It's called: Il Souno Dell'Italia (The Sound Of Italy)

I'm going to compete in the semi finals, so I suppouse that the day for uploading it is next monday right?

I ask because I see that there are several songs that had been already uploaded to NG. I don't care about uploading it right now or just wait until monday

The Monday coming is the deadline for Sem-Finalists.

Application Period is now Finished. Any applicatons signing up to this contest will now be turned Down.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 09:33:24

dunno if its to late, but here

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 21107

=b

hope it isnt

Helth

Trance/Ambient.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 09:39:50

Semi-Final Timetable:

The Semi-Final will air On Saturday 4th April.
The Contest will start at 4pm (EST)

The Running order of Events are as follows:

Italy Head-To-Head
#1 zomgkerrie's Entry
#2 Airprogressive's Entry

Interval 1
Judges scores are counted and votes are open, whilst an Extended mix of Neon-Projects upcoming album track "The Bamboo's Fallen" is played.
The Results for Italy's Head To Head are then announced by Echoz Aurora.

India Head-To-Head
#1 LK412
#2 wtflolnoob
#4 AriA

Interval 2
Judges scores are counted and Votes are open whilst
Manowar's "Warriors of the World United" is played.
The Results for India's Head To Head are then announced by Echoz Aurora.

Good luck Semi-Finalists!

(I'm really nervous for this contest, probably more nervous than you are, so please be on time with entries.)

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 09:41:30

At 3/28/09 09:33 AM, HelthRMX wrote: dunno if its to late, but here

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 21107

=b

hope it isnt

Helth

You haven't said which country you want to represent. Tell me quickly or I'll have to turn it down.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 10:04:22

I'm sorry I can't accept you now, I've had to send the information of to the announcer and I did wait for your reply.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 10:48:35

denmark

Trance/Ambient.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 11:16:40

Well, here's my entry:

ITALY: Airprogressive - Il Suono Dell'Italia

I hope you like it!!

Represent a Country 2 [Contest]

Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 14:39:25

Sorry for the late post. I had internet problems yesterday.

CHINA!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 14:43:12

I hereby withdraw from the competition.

Consider this my official resignation from any future projects on newgrounds.

Sorry to dissappoint. Will upload my track and maybe if I get more time, add the final vocals and edits to the mastering.

Have a nice day.

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 15:02:44

Hey Neon you need a judge? :3

"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 15:22:11

HalcyonicFalconX, The link isn't working, did you take your entry down?

Lashmush, if you'r eplanning on completing the track you might as well keep your place in the contest.

Grey-Shado, I'd love it if you could judge, I'll send you some information as it comes closer to the date, just make sure you're available at the time the contest starts.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 15:23:37

At 3/28/09 09:39 AM, NeonProject wrote: Semi-Final Timetable:

So... what happens after the face-offs?
I'm really excited now...
AWESOME!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 15:31:56

96 percent completed. Just some minor editing and the final addition of SFX and vocals from all the games involved. And ofc, the japanese lyrics.

Enjoy.

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 15:43:31

At 3/28/09 03:31 PM, Lashmush wrote: Just some minor editing and the final addition of SFX and vocals from all the games involved. And ofc, the japanese lyrics.

that is, the final 4% to be done. not whats been added since the first demo version. thats like... ALOT more hours of work. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 16:05:15

Basically we have an interval where some music is played and scores are totalled.
We then announce the act who won the face off. That act will then take part in the Actual Final, which will take place a week after the Semi.
Gosh, this contests come round quick!

At 3/28/09 03:23 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
At 3/28/09 09:39 AM, NeonProject wrote: Semi-Final Timetable:
So... what happens after the face-offs?
I'm really excited now...
AWESOME!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 16:08:24

At 3/28/09 04:05 PM, NeonProject wrote: Basically we have an interval where some music is played and scores are totalled.
We then announce the act who won the face off. That act will then take part in the Actual Final, which will take place a week after the Semi.

Alright, I understand that now.
But what about the entries that aren't in a face-off?

Gosh, this contests come round quick!

I know what you mean, ever since I put in my entry, I've been looking at the callender waiting for this day

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 16:31:49

So i have till March 30th or Monday to submit my song for the Semi-Final, right?

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 17:05:13

At 3/28/09 03:22 PM, NeonProject wrote: HalcyonicFalconX, The link isn't working, did you take your entry down?

Lashmush, if you'r eplanning on completing the track you might as well keep your place in the contest.

Grey-Shado, I'd love it if you could judge, I'll send you some information as it comes closer to the date, just make sure you're available at the time the contest starts.

Problem Solved!

Act: Phyrnna
Genre: Classical
Title: Journey to the East

~Phyrnna ^_^

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 19:43:38

At 3/28/09 04:08 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:

Entries not in a face-off have a place in a final, the face offs decide which songs represent those countries. Face-offs only happen if more than one perosn choses to represent a country.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 20:32:44

i'm hoping to have mine up later tonight, if not first thing tomorrow. i'm excited to be part of a faceoff! i think i'ts exciting! although i'm nervous :<

good luck to everyone!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 20:39:50

At 3/28/09 08:32 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: i'm hoping to have mine up later tonight, if not first thing tomorrow. i'm excited to be part of a faceoff! i think i'ts exciting! although i'm nervous :<

good luck to everyone!

There is my song!

Hope I do well!

Good Luck to Everyone!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-28 21:41:45

At 3/28/09 07:43 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 3/28/09 04:08 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
Entries not in a face-off have a place in a final, the face offs decide which songs represent those countries. Face-offs only happen if more than one perosn choses to represent a country.

Oohhhhh...
Alright.
I gotta get to working on making it better then!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-29 08:19:17

OMG, this contest has just raped the standard of the last contest, seriously, I'm not just saying it, I hate it when people do that.
It's going to be so hard to judge these, especially the Final as there's more to judge!

Italy's representitives are all set, we just neeed to hear from the final two from India.

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-29 08:44:47

Dammit! I just read this at 5:40 AM on the 29th. Is it still too late to apply?
If not:

Gasmasq
Portugal
Hip Hop

Let me know. I'll bust out a sick track right quick and check back if there's a reply.

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-29 08:46:02

Argh ffs, i just saw this thread today :'( would have loved to have entered... oh well maybe next time

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-29 10:29:20

At 3/29/09 08:46 AM, Jewelz123 wrote: Argh ffs, i just saw this thread today :'( would have loved to have entered... oh well maybe next time

If you chose to represent a country that is not already represented and you're positively sure you'll make the deadline I don't see any trouble in accepting you.

Right guy's I did some numbers checking and I found this shocking fact;
In the final around 63 Minutes of the show will simply be taken up just by your Tracks, nevermind the Intervals and result! (The Intervals should last around 10 minutes each)
We could have a show lasting around 2 Hours! D:

Plus, as seen above, a few more people are interested, I feel like There are far too many applying to turn them all down. The Day of The Semi-final will be the day I say "No" to anyone else who applies.

In a way it's a good thing that so many people are interested.

I'm getting more excited than nervous now!

Response to Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-29 19:50:00

I'm almost done my revision of the song.
I added drums and bass. It sounds MUCH better than the version I have up on NG.
Problem is, I still have to mix it, and I'm using up too much virtual memory when I try to play it to revise. I might just render a few parts, see where the trouble is, then mix that part, then do the same for the other parts.
Yeah, I'll do that.
But I'm taking a break.