Represent a Country 2 [Contest] 2009-03-02 12:12:36
The competition was so cool last time, it's going to be done again... this time the rules are a tiny bit different and we have a bit of a twist. :3
Once again only one act can represent each country, but that doesn't mean only one person can apply.
This year the contest will be aired over Internet Radio Station, "RadioGrounds". The Final will see all final pieces being played, giving listeners the chance to vote on the piece they believe is the best. (Of course, the viewers vote will be worth 50%, the other half of the scores come from the Judges).
More information on the live show will come up later...
The rules have gone through some changes, the rules are listed below;
1. The Submissions are allowed to be of any Music Genre.
2. The entering song is not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's work.
3. The minimum Time limit of the song is 2:30, the maximum length of the track is now 3:50
4. If more than one person applies for a country both entrants must either face off in a semi-final (Which will take place on the 4th of April)
5. The song must not be offensive or contain strong language.
6. The tracks are not allowed to be submitted to the portal until the Monday before the final, or the semi-final if this applies to you.
7. Deadline for Applications is 28th March, any Applications submitted then will not be accepted.
That's pretty much it for the rules, if you have any questions about it be sure to ask them here. Oh, and if you know someone who'd be interested in taking part in this contest Be sure to let them know about it.
If you want to participate just fill in the little application underneath and post it in the contest thread:
Name Of Act:
Country: (The one you want to represent)
Should be Pretty Easy, underneath is the little calender for the contest:
2nd March: Contest Launch
28th March: Application Deadline
30th March: Semi-Final Submissions Release
4th April: Semi-Final
6th April: Final Submissions Release
11 April: The Final
Like I said Previously, I'll be happy to answer any questions.
If anyone asks me to move the deadline for the songs I shall kill them, you have, at the least, 4 weeks to work on your submission.