00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Tank Wall project

76,558 Views | 984 Replies

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 07:40:35

I would pay someone to come to my house and set that up for me. :) It's awesome!

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 07:41:31

I wish I could paint my dorm :(

Great job, though! I posted in your news post, lol

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 08:04:01

At 3/1/09 07:06 PM, Elios wrote: Well, this was fun! And i'm going to have even MORE fun putting some names on the wall.

I posted a news topic for the list of names i will be adding, so to help with the organization, drop a comment if you want your name up!

How do you like my new computer view?

I'm really impressed in how that turned out.

I've been lurking waiting for it and doesn't disappoint. Let's hope you don't tire of NG now.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 09:43:28

I wouldn't ruin it with names, it looks awesome as is.

DON'T RUIN IT!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 11:14:26

looks sick

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 11:18:57

I'd suggest you give me the bag of Skittles next to your computer.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 14:23:08

Ok guys, regarding the names going on the wall, i thought of something brilliant today, and i want to get your opinion(s).

At first, i was thinking about putting selective user names on the wall in random spots. BUT, i thought of this. Instead of making it all random and whatever, collect the names that i'm going to add, and shape and design all of them into a pattern similar to the city in the background of the tank.

If that makes any sense to you at all, please, tell me if you approve/have another idea for the names.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 14:24:38

I approve with that idea 100%. Brilliant.

my name please?

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 14:25:28

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, Elios wrote: At first, i was thinking about putting selective user names on the wall in random spots. BUT, i thought of this. Instead of making it all random and whatever, collect the names that i'm going to add, and shape and design all of them into a pattern similar to the city in the background of the tank.

That's a good idea. It sounds a lot more creative then just slapping usernames in random places.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 15:55:50

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, Elios wrote: At first, i was thinking about putting selective user names on the wall in random spots. BUT, i thought of this. Instead of making it all random and whatever, collect the names that i'm going to add, and shape and design all of them into a pattern similar to the city in the background of the tank.

If that makes any sense to you at all, please, tell me if you approve/have another idea for the names.

That sounds like an awesome idea Elios! Where is this thread for getting names up on the wall you speak of?

Gamertag - RobTheMoose ll Element Search & Win!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 15:57:27

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, Elios wrote:

I approve this message

Well your reading the bottom of my post. Are you bored or what?

LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 15:58:42

At 3/2/09 03:55 PM, fractureboy wrote: That sounds like an awesome idea Elios! Where is this thread for getting names up on the wall you speak of?

It's all on my recent news post!

Eventually i'll make a list of ALL the names going on.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:33:53

Ok guys, i got a basic idea of how i'm going to write the names on the wall. Here's an MSpaint sketch of what it'll kinda look like. It's not exact, just a work on progress.

Not sure how i'm going to pull this off, but i figured i'd show you, in case you have something you'd like to add.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:36:02

At 3/2/09 08:33 PM, Elios wrote: Ok guys, i got a basic idea of how i'm going to write the names on the wall. Here's an MSpaint sketch of what it'll kinda look like. It's not exact, just a work on progress.

Not sure how i'm going to pull this off, but i figured i'd show you, in case you have something you'd like to add.

Do you think you could add my name to the others? :C

Seems like a good layout for the names. Creative.

*xin laugh*

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:37:14

At 3/2/09 08:33 PM, Elios wrote: Ok guys, i got a basic idea of how i'm going to write the names on the wall. Here's an MSpaint sketch of what it'll kinda look like. It's not exact, just a work on progress.

Seeing how that looks you should definitely go through with it, looking at the master picture it looks empty now.

Have the most important people as the biggest definitely.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:49:48

I'll give each name about the same amount of space (Maybe). Depending on the LENGTH of the name.

For instance, H-K-S will be short, but thick lettering, and speedmetalsandwhich will have long and thin lettering. Basically i just want to fit as many names as possible into a cityscape background.

If anyone can draw up a basic black/white design that i could use, bonus points for ya.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:52:01

At 3/2/09 08:49 PM, Elios wrote: If anyone can draw up a basic black/white design that i could use, bonus points for ya.

In paint, or like a signature that was scanned?

*xin laugh*

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:52:49

Amazing. Seriously, Slap my name somewhere. :P

I love Street Fighter. obviously.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:54:16

At 3/2/09 08:52 PM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 3/2/09 08:49 PM, Elios wrote: If anyone can draw up a basic black/white design that i could use, bonus points for ya.
In paint, or like a signature that was scanned?

Paint is fine. Eventually i'll get that projector i used again, and i'll see if i can use that for this next project.

Really, all i need is just a simple black on white drawing of something that looks like the city behind the tank.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:55:20

At 3/2/09 08:54 PM, Elios wrote: Paint is fine. Eventually i'll get that projector i used again, and i'll see if i can use that for this next project.

Really, all i need is just a simple black on white drawing of something that looks like the city behind the tank.

Ahh, alright. Will get it ready soon.

*xin laugh*

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 20:56:24

If you could add my name, I'd be much obliged, please and thank-you.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 22:44:19

At 3/2/09 08:49 PM, Elios wrote: I'll give each name about the same amount of space (Maybe). Depending on the LENGTH of the name.

It really depends on how thin you're going to make the names, and how you're going to put them on the wall, that being the same way you painted the tank with a stencil, or if you're gonna do it by hand. If it's gonna be done with paint, just be wary of drips and whatnot crossing over onto everybody's names.

Other then that, the way you're setting it out so far looks damn sweet.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 22:51:28

At 3/2/09 10:44 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: It really depends on how thin you're going to make the names, and how you're going to put them on the wall, that being the same way you painted the tank with a stencil, or if you're gonna do it by hand. If it's gonna be done with paint, just be wary of drips and whatnot crossing over onto everybody's names.

Other then that, the way you're setting it out so far looks damn sweet.

I don't think i'll be using spray for this project. Due to the amount of detail going into this portion, like you said, i'll have to worry about paint dripping.

I was actually thinking about doing a little bit of painting, and perhaps some home made stamps. Instead of constructing numerous stencils, i'm going to try creating a collection of reusable sponge like stamps.

With this method, i can combine the right letters, pick a size, paint them over, and press it on. This would cut down on time, and i think it's a much cleaner and precise method.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 22:53:35

Yea, Can I have my name up there also?

This is a great concept.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 23:02:34

Elios, sub buddy! you know you wanna add my name

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 23:17:31

That's a great idea, Elios. It would really make the names mesh better with the tank. Also, thanks for adding me.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-02 23:26:02

At 3/2/09 10:51 PM, Elios wrote: With this method, i can combine the right letters, pick a size, paint them over, and press it on. This would cut down on time, and i think it's a much cleaner and precise method.

When you say 'pick a size', do you mean you're going to just cut the sponge out through the letters of the alphabet all in one size, meaning everybody's name will be equally lettered? Regardless, the sponge-stamp idea sounds sweet.

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-03 05:16:13

Looking slick Elios. I agree with the whole city idea - that should make it alot better looking. Keep up the good work man!

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-03 06:33:00

Please add me Elios!

I'll give you a fishy stick

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Tank Wall project 2009-03-03 06:43:12

At 3/2/09 11:26 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:51 PM, Elios wrote: With this method, i can combine the right letters, pick a size, paint them over, and press it on. This would cut down on time, and i think it's a much cleaner and precise method.
When you say 'pick a size', do you mean you're going to just cut the sponge out through the letters of the alphabet all in one size, meaning everybody's name will be equally lettered? Regardless, the sponge-stamp idea sounds sweet.

No not exactly. I think what i'll do is make a series of letters, ranging from 3 inches tall, to less than an inch. This way, i can put some letters together for a name, and then reuse these stamps for another. Not ALL of the names are going to be the same size. That would look silly.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature