00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Military Crew

61,677 Views | 577 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Military Crew 2013-03-29 23:59:07

I know the military isn't about making friends or chilling with buddies all of the time, but I am worried about the fact that I haven't bonded with any of the other guys that I have met at MEPS (been twice on an overnight stay) besides one.

I make friends pretty easily usually and I become pals with just about every person that I meet, but most people I see joining seem quite strange to me. They aren't what I was expecting at all. Most seemed very out of shape, nearly all of them were socially awkward to say the least, weren't very bright, and the majority were taking everything FAR to seriously.
Whenever an Airmen at the base would instruct us on what to do, I would reply with a respectful "Yes sir". 90% of the other recruits would bellow "AYE AYE SIR!!" as loud as they could. I didn't see the need for all that since we were just here to get our blood drawn and have a vision test.

Whenever we were talking about what jobs we were signing for I told them that I was planning on an intelligence job. Most guys were like "LOLOL CHAIR FORCE AMIRIGHT, I'M GONNA BE TEH RECON SNIPER" and "I JUST WANNA BLOW UP TOWELHEADS" despite being borderline on the weight limit and not looking like they could run 50 feet. I knew that
Thankfully most of the AF guys seemed a lot more chill. In general the most common personality type seemed to be people with cripplingly low self-esteem and social skills trying to prove how much of a hardass they are and not really having a career plan.

I know this all seems judgmental and petty, but I really don't want to be miserable and friendless the whole time I am in the Air Force. Maybe it is something that I am just not getting and I should be more formal?

autistic screeching

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2013-04-18 03:38:12

I'm currently in the process of joining the USAF. Anyone have any tips for BMT and the Air Force in general?

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2013-05-27 05:40:34

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and our fallen soldiers this Memorial Day. Thanks for being on duty, wherever you are.
Ganked the picture from here, apologies for not being more creative, like posting a nice pin-up chick... ohwait! :)

Military Crew

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2014-12-13 19:32:41

Is this still a thing? I haven't even used this site in forever and I checked this out for shits and giggles to see if people still posted. Anyways, life has changed since I used to use the forums. I've been a marine for a little over a year now, 0352 anti-tank missleman. I'm about to go on my first deployment here in a month.

Any guys still on here?

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2014-12-14 13:42:44

At 12/13/14 07:32 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Is this still a thing? I haven't even used this site in forever and I checked this out for shits and giggles to see if people still posted. Anyways, life has changed since I used to use the forums. I've been a marine for a little over a year now, 0352 anti-tank missleman. I'm about to go on my first deployment here in a month.

Any guys still on here?

Howdy pardner! Glad to see you around again. I don't normally post in this thread but I just got back from a good stretch of leave. This coming January will mark my 2nd year in the Army. Whoopee.

Where you being deployed to?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2014-12-15 15:00:48

At 12/14/14 01:42 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Any guys still on here?
Howdy pardner! Glad to see you around again. I don't normally post in this thread but I just got back from a good stretch of leave. This coming January will mark my 2nd year in the Army. Whoopee.

Where you being deployed to?

Not really sure what all I'm actually allowed to say; ya know opsec and all. But I will say I'll be in eastern europe

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2014-12-15 18:40:45

At 12/15/14 03:00 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Not really sure what all I'm actually allowed to say; ya know opsec and all. But I will say I'll be in eastern europe

Ah, fair enough. Sometimes I wish I'd get deployed, it sucks working for a unit that has no need for you so you get shafted with all the bitchwork.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2014-12-17 19:25:46

At 12/15/14 06:40 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 12/15/14 03:00 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Not really sure what all I'm actually allowed to say; ya know opsec and all. But I will say I'll be in eastern europe
Ah, fair enough. Sometimes I wish I'd get deployed, it sucks working for a unit that has no need for you so you get shafted with all the bitchwork.

Well everyone has their place, and bitch work has to get done. You could work for a unit that has an operation tempo that's practically unheard of and suicides like every weekend. It's not exactly fun either.

BBS Signature