00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

gmod virus?

2,535 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:04:29

well, I jsut got gmod yesterday, its a great game, ive been going on multiplayer, and its really a great game. Only thing is, is that quite often it keeps repeating this same sound clip like its some kind of movie advertisment, but gmod based, and then everything goes crazy and I spawn loads of stuff and ropes without touching a thing, and earlier today, my tool guns wouldnt fire, but my gravity and physics gun kept firing. Also, my name appears to have been changed to "mingebag". some players suggested that I have a "lua virus" and I have no clue what they are on about. Has anyone else had this problem, and how do I fix it???

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:07:36

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:12:43

Yeah, servers that are empty with maybe 1 or 2 people with a high ping... stay away. You probably want one that has an actual website and a decent ping. And about 5-10 people at least. Although 5-10 can get frustrating because of what we in the GMod community call "Mingebags". They commonly have the Dr. Kliner model. They usually kill you all the time and lag the fuck out of the server with lights, lamps, turrets and explosives.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:16:44

Uninstall and then reinstall the game. You have probably been "Slow Admin Hacked"

Do not worry though! It isn't very serious. It is just that you may have done something wrong and the admin did a bunch of Super Commands on you. Just uninstall and reinstall.

Response to gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:21:49

so I just have to uninstall and reinstall it eh? Well, I hope I can do that on steam, ive never tried it before, since I dont have the disc for any steam games. The first time online, I did make some rockets and blew up some guy, then tis admin got really pissy and banned me. I thought you were supposed to build things to kill each other. Obviously not. And now I cant go back online without it messing up. Infact, i cant go on it atall, cause my menu shows up for like half a second when I press esc, even if I hold it. So I have to force close it from task manager. Stupid admins.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-02-10 16:26:46

All you have to do is uninstall is by right clicking and clicking what's in the picture below.

When it's done uninstalling, you'll find a list on Steam of your "Uninstalled Games". I'm pretty sure you can figure out the rest.

gmod virus?

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-08-15 23:31:37

At 2/10/09 04:07 PM, desert116 wrote: Hope this helps...

he is right

gmod virus?

come back! and i will bite your knees off!

BBS Signature

Response to gmod virus? 2009-08-16 07:39:12

At 2/10/09 04:04 PM, andy70707 wrote: Also, my name appears to have been changed to "mingebag".

'Mingebag' is the name put on every new Gmod player.Its just the default name and its easily changed.

BBS Signature