00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guild Wars Newgrounds Club

20,488 Views | 211 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-08 22:20:41

Hello everyone. I've been looking and noticed that there is no Guild Wars club here on Newgrounds. So, I decided to make one.

In a few days I might make a Newgrounds Guild where only Newgrounds members can join, and maybe a few random people if needed.

So, here are some rules:

1. No flaming if you don't like this game.

2. No Spamming

3. Keep on Topic

Also, You can discuss Guild Wars 2, Since it has been Announced. (No Youtube Rickroll videos that are said to be "Guild Wars 2 Related")

So..Hope you all enjoy the club, and the Game itself :D.

Also, my name in game is Sl Sharpe. Add me if you want.

PS3 - Sharpe365 | COD:WaW Clan | Guild Wars Club

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-08 22:25:59

I made a crew for this exact purpose a week or so ago. But, no one posted in it, and since I can't find it, I suppose it got deleted. So, I'm hoping this one succeds, and I'm in.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-08 22:39:21

At 2/8/09 10:25 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: I made a crew for this exact purpose a week or so ago. But, no one posted in it, and since I can't find it, I suppose it got deleted. So, I'm hoping this one succeds, and I'm in.

Ok cool.

Yea, I was looking through the past Month's worth of threads in clubs and couldn't find a Guild wars one.

Anyway, Welcome :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-08 23:46:46

Guild Wars is pretty dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 00:18:41

At 2/8/09 11:46 PM, SapphireLight wrote: Guild Wars is pretty dead.

What makes you say that? Do you mean the general lack of players compared to other MMOs like WoW and Runescape?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 00:29:45

Yes.

And AreaNet (is that there name? I've forgotten, it's been a while) are pretty irresponsible.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 07:26:45

At 2/9/09 12:29 AM, SapphireLight wrote: And AreaNet (is that there name? I've forgotten, it's been a while) are pretty irresponsible.

ArenaNet. And seeing as how I've only had the game for a few weeks, I wouldn't know if they were that irresponsible. Sure, the game could use a patch here and there, but other than that...

Or was that not what you were getting at?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 11:07:15

I'll join to talk about my memories of Guild Wars and to talk about Guild Wars 2, as I've herard it's coming out in November (according to Metacritic anyway.

Can't say I played past Factions though, I know I missed a lot with Nightfall and Eye of the North though, but my computer is far too screwed for me to do anything about it.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 16:42:55

At 2/9/09 11:07 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: I'll join to talk about my memories of Guild Wars and to talk about Guild Wars 2, as I've herard it's coming out in November (according to Metacritic anyway.

Ohh cool. I thought the release date was TBA Still. Well, thats good that they have a estimated release date.

Ok...So Im going to make a list of who is in this Group so far. If you said Something along the lines of "I have played this game, and still play it occasionly" Or "Im In" or Im intrested", Im adding you. If you are no longer active on guild wars, you are welcome to discuss it, and your past events in it, but you will not be added to the list, due to you not playing it.

Here's the list of players so far:

Sharpes
DeathNoteetoNhtae

I would add thegreatmorph but you said you were here to talk about memories. But if you're intrested, and still active, Ill add you to the list :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 16:47:41

At 2/9/09 04:42 PM, sharpes wrote: DeathNoteetoNhtae

Please shorten it to "Death" or something. I PM'd Wade about a name change a while back but he never responded, so until I can get a name change, please just shorten it.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 16:49:31

At 2/9/09 04:42 PM, sharpes wrote: I would add thegreatmorph but you said you were here to talk about memories. But if you're intrested, and still active, Ill add you to the list :D

No no, that makes perfect sense, I'll just be a little 'Prophesies Guru' or something, if that's the campaign anyone's going through.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 19:39:32

At 2/9/09 04:47 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/9/09 04:42 PM, sharpes wrote: DeathNoteetoNhtae
Please shorten it to "Death" or something.

Ok my Bad :P

Ill be sure to change it the next time I make a updated list.

At 2/9/09 04:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
No no, that makes perfect sense, I'll just be a little 'Prophesies Guru' or something, if that's the campaign anyone's going through.

Lol ok. Sadly, I don't have Prophecies, but maybe someone here does :P

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 20:49:07

At 2/9/09 04:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: No no, that makes perfect sense, I'll just be a little 'Prophesies Guru' or something, if that's the campaign anyone's going through.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have Prophecies. It's the one that comes with the GoTY Edition, right? Well, if so than a few tips for the Frost Gate mission would be appreciated.

And I've learned that Necromancer and Warrior isn't a great combo.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 21:50:08

At 2/9/09 08:49 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/9/09 04:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: No no, that makes perfect sense, I'll just be a little 'Prophesies Guru' or something, if that's the campaign anyone's going through.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have Prophecies. It's the one that comes with the GoTY Edition, right?

Yup, Thats the only edition of GW that I need. If I have that, Ill have all the Guild Wars :D

Ohh and If you want to post your character name I'll add you as a friend

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-09 22:43:07

At 2/9/09 09:50 PM, sharpes wrote: Ohh and If you want to post your character name I'll add you as a friend

I have 4 characters, but my main is called Fenris Sulfr. Level 13 Necromancer/Warrior.

A play on "Fenrisulfr" or Fenrir.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 02:30:27

Yeah, Necromancer/Warrior is... horrible.
Thankfully that won't last long!

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 05:01:36

At 2/9/09 08:49 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have Prophecies. It's the one that comes with the GoTY Edition, right? Well, if so than a few tips for the Frost Gate mission would be appreciated.

Yeah it's included in that. And the frost Gate mission? Well the only real help I can give you on that one is to make sure you get yourself a good monk to accompany you, seeing as though with just henchmen it's really very difficult to get through the whole game.

And I've learned that Necromancer and Warrior isn't a great combo.

No that's quite a terrible combination, thankfully you can change your second profession after you ascend and when that happens you should change to a N/Me or N/Mo.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 07:31:57

At 2/10/09 05:01 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: Yeah it's included in that. And the frost Gate mission? Well the only real help I can give you on that one is to make sure you get yourself a good monk to accompany you, seeing as though with just henchmen it's really very difficult to get through the whole game.

Really? That was really the main reason Guild Wars is my favorite MMO. The fact that I don't have to associate with other players, because they either slow me down or I do them. That and they can't type or speak properly. But I suppose that comes with the territory. And the parts in general that trip me up in the mission are the parts after the ice cave with all the Frostfire Dryders. After the cave you can either take the right path to get the bonus mission, or the left path to skip it. And at the end of both routes there is upwards of 10 Stone Summit. And there is where it all falls apart.

No that's quite a terrible combination, thankfully you can change your second profession after you ascend and when that happens you should change to a N/Me or N/Mo.

Really? Thank God. I have a Warrior character whose second profession is a Mesmer, and it works really well for him. I'm thinking that's what I'll do.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 08:22:49

i'd like to join becose i have played that game more
than 1000 hour's, but now i don't play it anymore >___<

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 13:20:10

I love Guild Wars, I'd love to join. I have all the releases (Prophecies, GOTY Factions, GOTY Nightfall, Eye of the North) and I'm pretty far in Prophecies. My main character is an Ascended Warrior named Bekan The Fearsome, but I'm usually on Eladorn Agrafall (Prophecies R/Mo) or Nasty Bad Boy (Factions Mo). I plan on getting on pretty soon actually, probably after this post.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 13:35:06

Well I've decided to re-install GW back into this laptop, mainly because it can actually run on this thing and I didn't think it could without lagging like a bitch.

Feel free to add me and if you need any help with PvP or Prophesies then just ask.

Luna Hawke is mah name :3

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 17:24:49

Cool. :D Ill be sure to add you guys who said your character names.

Ill be updating the list of members later...When Im not tired.

I was thinking of putting up a "clan" website for us...But, Im still wondering what we could use it for..
We already have Newgrounds as a "Forum"...
Well anyway Ill be getting on soon.

Ohh and be sure to tell your friends about this too! In the future Ill be making a guild hopefully if there is enough people that join here.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 18:53:19

Even though its dead ill join

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 19:01:15

At 2/10/09 06:53 PM, erooMeoJ wrote: Even though its dead ill join

Guild Wars is far from dead. I've seen more people play it now than I have in the past two years. In fact, yesterday I couldn't even get into Lion's because the server was full.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 20:21:11

At 2/10/09 07:01 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 2/10/09 06:53 PM, erooMeoJ wrote: Even though its dead ill join
Guild Wars is far from dead. I've seen more people play it now than I have in the past two years. In fact, yesterday I couldn't even get into Lion's because the server was full.

Yea, Its not dead at all. There's always a ton of people on all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 20:24:29

I'm excited, Bekan's birthday is coming up. Just three months, I think.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 21:07:40

Anyone know a good secondary profession for an Elementalist? I made one yesterday and have yet to decide. I was thinking either Necromancer or Mesmer. Warrior and Ranger seem like they wouldn't work, due to being more physical classes.

And my main just leveled up to 14. Also, I've pretty much run out of quests.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 21:49:24

At 2/10/09 09:07 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Anyone know a good secondary profession for an Elementalist? I made one yesterday and have yet to decide. I was thinking either Necromancer or Mesmer. Warrior and Ranger seem like they wouldn't work, due to being more physical classes.

Honestly, I never use the secondary's skills and attributes. Especially with Elementalist. One skill that's central to every class, healing, comes with Elementalist as Aura of Restoration. I reccomend you just pick any profession but don't increase the skills for it. The Elementalist only has two attributes you'll need (Energy Storage and a Magic), which gives you plenty of points for increasing both to 12. I have my Warrior at level 20 and with no Ranger attributes increased, and my W attributes for him are pretty high.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-10 22:31:45

At 2/10/09 09:49 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Honestly, I never use the secondary's skills and attributes. Especially with Elementalist. One skill that's central to every class, healing, comes with Elementalist as Aura of Restoration. I reccomend you just pick any profession but don't increase the skills for it. The Elementalist only has two attributes you'll need (Energy Storage and a Magic), which gives you plenty of points for increasing both to 12. I have my Warrior at level 20 and with no Ranger attributes increased, and my W attributes for him are pretty high.

Right. Well, you do have a point. Although, if you have Mesmer as a secondary, it's pretty useful to level up Illusion Magic for Conjure Phantasm. That's the most useful spell I've come by in a while.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-11 03:28:34

Elementalist is very much an "on its own" class, there's not much use. I'd pick Mesmer, if only for access to a few semi-useless abilities.

BBS Signature