00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Reviewers Club

95,058 Views | 2,143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-01 13:12:38


Hey eveyone,
Happy April fool's! =D
What have you been up to today? I haven't done much, just went out and have done a couple 'o reviews. *sigh* my life is boring at the moment due to friends being on holiday =(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-01 13:34:18


im a new member but i like reviewing. im in

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-01 13:47:10


At 4/1/05 01:34 PM, eskimokiddie wrote: im a new member but i like reviewing. im in

Could you create a profile for us please? Perhaps that would be a little more helpful. Welcome anyway.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-01 15:29:26


I got the responses from carmelhadinosaur and he did respond to three of my reviews and I thank him a lot since I now have 77 review responses! I'm going to try and get another 23 responses, although that will take a while for me. Maybe I'll get some reviewing done tomorrow. I'll probably review Perry-Clock's flashes since I don't want him to wait for me to review to his flashes for a very long time, so I better review his flashes tomorrow if I am in the right mood to review.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-01 16:59:55


At 4/1/05 03:29 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I got the responses from carmelhadinosaur and he did respond to three of my reviews and I thank him a lot since I now have 77 review responses!

Cool, congratz! I got about 2 more responses today, 205 so far haha, out of 1.250.

I'm going to try and get another 23 responses, although that will take a while for me.

Cool, good luck :) I recommend you also review new flash in the portal. Not just because of the response thing, it's also more rewarding because it helps the flash newbies. Like I reviewed a game and gave the author tons of ideas, and he responded and thanked me for them and will try and use some of my ideas in the next version. It's nice helping the flash beginners :)

Maybe I'll get some reviewing done tomorrow. I'll probably review Perry-Clock's flashes since I don't want him to wait for me to review to his flashes for a very long time, so I better review his flashes tomorrow if I am in the right mood to review.

Good idea, I always have to be in the right mood for my reviewing - than fully that's most of the time anyway. But since it takes me about an hour to do 2 reviews I space them out during the day.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-04 09:41:36


Ok, heres the member list

1. turbosquad
2. mister_maggot
3. Dustminion
4. inertiacPulse
5. XwaynecoltX
6. NewgroundsSPG
7. -Frank-
8. Hiei1
9. Rensen
10. Jamie_McGuire
11. NasFlash
12. Tiger_Chick
13. MasterStalker
14. Bahamut7
15. Crimson-Nova
16. Andersson
17. majorblood
18. eskimokiddie

Also, I was thinking of a level system. Nothing glamourous, live a level up every 20 or 50 reviews, or something along those lines. Just a little ensentive


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 13:28:20


Well I see we hit a stand stil here, just checking in, not much to really add to anything. I say we hold a vote to see if we should have a type of level system or not.


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 13:46:23


At 4/4/05 09:41 AM, MasterStalker wrote: Ok, heres the member list
Also, I was thinking of a level system. Nothing glamourous, live a level up every 20 or 50 reviews, or something along those lines. Just a little ensentive

Nice idea, I like it. It'll hopefully give people more motivation to contribute here and join the club; but you should wait for other member's responses, since some people with like 60 reviews may come here because they love reviewing, and not the stats. Therefore it might be a little unfair, because people with lesser and better reviews will be ranked underneath those with loads more reviews of the lesser quality.

I like the idea though, but only put this level thing into action if others agree with it like I do, since it does have both the pros AND cons. It may encourage people to take quantity>quality and write loads of crappy reviews per day, and may make it more of an NG Mafia sort of thing and less of a place that's just about chatting and having a nice time such as LNL.

But anyway, nice idea, I hope that it will inspire people to get more into reviewing :)
So my vote = YES!

At 4/6/05 01:28 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Well I see we hit a stand stil here, just checking in, not much to really add to anything. I say we hold a vote to see if we should have a type of level system or not.

Haha yeah I noticed this club had slowed down a lot, I had posted and realised that it was still there a few days ago. Bah, anyway hopefully your idea will liven the place up :)

P.S - Is the author of this thread actually coming back? You're doing a great job MasterStalker, but I just wondered.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 14:38:10


At 4/6/05 01:46 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Haha yeah I noticed this club had slowed down a lot, I had posted and realised that it was still there a few days ago. Bah, anyway hopefully your idea will liven the place up :)

Yeah, well I always thought added ensentives were a good thing. Even if it doesnt matter outside the club, its still something work towards.

P.S - Is the author of this thread actually coming back? You're doing a great job MasterStalker, but I just wondered.

I have no clue on that. One of the mods posted that the last time tis thread was posted in was like two months ago, and no one else was assuming responability, I though I'd help out a little.

Since I have problems getting online alot, I will declare you my second in command... suggesting toe founder doesnt come back any time soon.


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 15:32:11


At 4/6/05 02:38 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
Yeah, well I always thought added ensentives were a good thing. Even if it doesnt matter outside the club, its still something work towards.

Exactly, it's relevant to the club.. after all we are a club for reviewing.
And you never know, it might motivate some of us to review more outside of the club and on the NG in general anyway. I know that I don't do that many reviews per day now, so just about anything will help to motivate me :)

I have no clue on that. One of the mods posted that the last time tis thread was posted in was like two months ago, and no one else was assuming responability, I though I'd help out a little.

Haha cool and you were right to, plus like you said it looks as if the founder will be gone for a long time.
I have to say though, it was very nice of you to decide to try and liven this club up and keep it alive =) Most other people may of just let it die, that would be a shame since this is a perfectly good club with good promise, all it needs is a chance and some recognition. like I've said many a time before, there are some great little gems hidden out there... it's just up to people discovering them.

Since I have problems getting online alot, I will declare you my second in command...

Wow, thanks a lot =). Well hopefully there'll be no problems since i come on the NG pretty much everyday.

suggesting toe founder doesnt come back any time soon.

You're true about that, I can't even remember why he left for a while. I think he did say he was going for a while, but how long he'll be we can only guess.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 15:53:15


I haven't been here because I have simply been too lazy to search for the topic though it haven't been on the first two pages.

Well. I like the leveling system. But you are all writing reviews daily.
I'm only making thought of reviews once in a while. I would never raise.

Couldn't there be a way to raise level through we vote on how good someone's review are too?

That would be more fair.

I mean. We know that many reviews purcased ain't necessary better than few reviews.
So I think you should be able to raise your level both through making good reviews and through making many reviews (The reviewer going for quantity must still make average good reviews).

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-06 15:59:54


Well, I made 11 reviews on Saturday, which isn't like me, but I got around 8 responses that day, which isn't too bad.

View Your Reviews (258)
(With Responses Only (89))

I'm surprised that I got 14 responses under a week. I know I should try and look at the new Flashes. See if there's a good chance of me getting a response. I'm trying to get to 50% response rate since I've got over 33% now. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-07 07:58:40


At 4/6/05 03:53 PM, Andersson wrote: I haven't been here because I have simply been too lazy to search for the topic though it haven't been on the first two pages.

Shame on you and you're lazyness! Welcome back :)

Well. I like the leveling system. But you are all writing reviews daily.
I'm only making thought of reviews once in a while. I would never raise.

Me too, do you think that I should change my style of reviewing and just make short ones? Because I like my style now... but it could be seen as waffling when I can just sum something up.

That would be more fair.

Yeah, I agreed with the level system but that's what I was thinking too. It may encourage members to just write lots of short crappy reviews per day just to level up - see my above post ^

I mean. We know that many reviews purcased ain't necessary better than few reviews.

Huh? Sorry I don't mean to be dumb, I just didn't really understand you there.

At 4/6/05 03:59 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
View Your Reviews (258)
(With Responses Only (89))

Well done =D I'm pleasantly surprised to see someone making good quality reviews at such an early stage. I only started doing it when I was at 1,000 and now it goes slow as hell. But that's probably because I've only managed to fit in like 2 reviews per day.. I feel so ashamed of my pathetic ness =(. It's just that, the reviews take like 30 mins each.. ya know?

See if there's a good chance of me getting a response. I'm trying to get to 50% response rate since I've got over 33% now. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-07 08:32:22


At 4/7/05 07:58 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Welcome back :)

Thanks! =)

Me too, do you think that I should change my style of reviewing and just make short ones? Because I like my style now... but it could be seen as waffling when I can just sum something up.

No I like the way you review now. But some people just don't write many reviews, but they are yet considered as good reviewers and should be able to raise in levels even though they don't make many reviews.

Yeah, I agreed with the level system but that's what I was thinking too. It may encourage members to just write lots of short crappy reviews per day just to level up - see my above post ^

Well, I don't know. Some people should probably make more reviews, but also shorter once.

I mean. We know that many reviews purcased ain't necessary better than few reviews.
Huh? Sorry I don't mean to be dumb, I just didn't really understand you there.

Just because someone raise in reviewing level, it would mostly be because of many reviews. But alot of reviewers are better than those with many reviews. So they should acctually have a higher level; even though they don't have as many reviews.

And well, I don't know why you care so much about responses. =P
I just see responses as a bonus, and I love getting them and encourage authors to leave responses.

But I leave my reviews after where I think a review is needed. Because I got something I want to say about the movie/game; not because I think I will get a respons.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-07 08:56:16


At 4/7/05 08:32 AM, Andersson wrote:
No I like the way you review now. But some people just don't write many reviews, but they are yet considered as good reviewers and should be able to raise in levels even though they don't make many reviews.

Thanks =). Yes, I agree with you on that. Most people get recognition as 'good reviewers' just people they have a high quantity of reviews, they aren't neccessarily anything good. Just because someone doesn't write a lot of reviews doesn't mean they aren't a good reviewer - if you ask me I'd rather have a few good reviews per day than lots of short and crappy ones. Yet some good reviewers don't get the recognition they deserve, just because they aren't on a top 100 stats list.

Well, I don't know. Some people should probably make more reviews, but also shorter once.

Hmm yes, but only if they are still good. I mean, I write long reviews so it would be hard for me to suddenly switch sometimes to short reviews. I stick to my style because changing it would just be hassle.

Just because someone raise in reviewing level, it would mostly be because of many reviews. But alot of reviewers are better than those with many reviews. So they should acctually have a higher level; even though they don't have as many reviews.

Ahh I get what you mean now, I just didn’t understand the “purchased” you put in there haha.

And well, I don't know why you care so much about responses. =P
I just see responses as a bonus, and I love getting them and encourage authors to leave responses.

I don't care about responses, hell I am the reviewer in the top 100 with the lowest RR, and I still don't go and review submissions because there is a good chance of a response. Others do that and have a much higher RR - if I did what they did, don't you think my RR would be much higher now? Lol :)

see my post in the Top Reviewer's list. MARCUS Said he wouldn't write long reviews because the authors don't read and respond to them so it would just be a waste of time, and I said that at the end of the day - yes I put thought into my reviews and yes some could see it as a waste of time if no-one responds, but at least I know I did my best anyway.

Like you, I see a response as a bonus. I pretty much give up on responses now, I because when I first started reviewing and didn't get many responses, I'd get disappointed. So I don't care about them so much now.

But I leave my reviews after where I think a review is needed. Because I got something I want to say about the movie/game; not because I think I will get a respons.

Me too. You could think that I try and get responses because I usually review stuff in the flash portal, well that's not the reason. When I first started reviewing I went through the categories of flash Such as "noir" and tried to review all the flash in that category. Well I did most of that, and reviewing what's new in the flash portal is just easier because now I don't have to hunt around as much. Plus it's more rewarding, I love leaving good suggestions for an author in a review for a new flash; they sometimes like your suggestions and use them in the next version, it's just really nice to know that you have helped.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-07 22:01:55


At 3/30/05 05:13 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote:
At 3/30/05 01:24 PM, majorblood wrote:
Thanks a lot, I've had bad responses for my reviews so it's great to see people appreciating em. Makes it worthwhile :) What are your favourite flash that I have good scores on?

sorry I havent been on in a while (online problems)
I would have to say my favorate flash that you have a good score on is "Work It"
because that is just a great flash over all, especially cuz it has Daft Punk.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-08 07:57:18


Ok, for the level system,There will be two ways to increase. quantity reviews, or the amount of reviews we have, are each worth two points. Quality reviews are each worth three points. Now to level up, one must decide which is a more effective way to level up? this Means you can earn up to five points per review.

If you were to make a ton of one line reviews, you only get two points, and run the risk of having them deleted, which is a gamble, or you could just take a little time and write a proficient review.


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-08 07:58:25


Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to add that this isnt official yet. first I want to hear atleast three peoples oppinions on this.


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-08 13:19:40


Ok, I know its not very leaderly of me, and you may frown apon me, but I swear I will not triple post in here again.

I concocted an easier system for leveling.

Each person is rated twice. Quality, and Quantity. A quality review is one that is at the very least 5 lines long.

For each review you get an automatic 1 point. If it is a qauily review you get another point.

Levels

1) 0+
2) 50+
3) 100+
4) 150+
5) 200+
6) 300+
7) 400+
8) 500+
9) 750+
10) 1000+
11) 1250+
12) 1500+
13) 2000+
14) 2500+
15) 3000+

The Max level is thirty. To get to thirty, you must get to levvel fifteen in Qaulity, and Quantity. Now, people who want to cheat and do one liners can only make it half way.

does this one seem fair? Cant level up to quickly, so the fun of it will still remain.

If this plan is eccepted, I will appoint people to help me look for the Quality reviews. It wont be difficult, all one would have to do is just quikly skim through the reviews and tally up each review thats five lines or greater.

Questions, comments?


BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-08 16:13:22


At 4/4/05 09:41 AM, MasterStalker wrote: Ok, heres the member list

1. turbosquad
2. mister_maggot
3. Dustminion
4. inertiacPulse
5. XwaynecoltX

OMG im member #05 hahahahahaha ok ill stop now...

But anyways how goes the reviewing, im in sorta semi- Retirement of reviewing, ill still review now and then but not like before, ill probably drop into the #2 spot in top ten of reviewers since Kwas likes the easy ways heh...

~X~


~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-08 17:05:00


At 4/8/05 01:19 PM, MasterStalker wrote: For each review you get an automatic 1 point. If it is a qauily review you get another point.
Questions, comments?

I asked Krinkels to answer my review. How many points? =)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 10:24:21


I've decided to make a post since the Reviewers thread in Wi/Ht has been locked. Maybe some of those reviewers will get attention when they see this thread.

Also, if anyone is after a very high chance of review responses, then _MessiaH_ is another person that will respond to every review he gets. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 10:54:29


At 4/10/05 10:24 AM, -Bahamut- wrote: I've decided to make a post since the Reviewers thread in Wi/Ht has been locked. Maybe some of those reviewers will get attention when they see this thread.

You know you could have linked me here in the first place, BEFORE Marcus' thread was locked. Giving me a different spelling of the thread's name didn't help either, the search bar didn't find it for my search of "Reviewer's". I had to look foolish and make another thread :O

Anyways, HELLO ALL :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 11:07:05


At 4/10/05 10:54 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: You know you could have linked me here in the first place, BEFORE Marcus' thread was locked. Giving me a different spelling of the thread's name didn't help either, the search bar didn't find it for my search of "Reviewer's". I had to look foolish and make another thread :O

Damn! :S Sorry. I know I should've gave a link out in that thread. The most decent thing I did was posting in this thread.

Anyways, HELLO ALL :D

Hi and welcome! I see you have over 1500 reviews, which I find very good. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 18:16:41


At 4/10/05 10:54 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: Anyways, HELLO ALL :D

Hey and welcome!

Nice to see you. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. =)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:00:36


At 4/10/05 11:07 AM, -Bahamut- wrote:
At 4/10/05 10:54 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: Anyways, HELLO ALL :D

hey dude :)
i guess this is my new home XD hahah.

Hi and welcome! I see you have over 1500 reviews, which I find very good. :)

if you want a listing of the top 10 reviewers which gets updated everyday, go to www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats. its down the bottom.
anyways, this place looks just dandy :)
hello ALL!!! :D haha.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:31:03


Can someone point me in the direction of the "Banned Reviewers" group, or should I just start posting 6000+ characters of reviews in this topic? D:

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:41:02


Roffl i guess this to is my new reviewing home haha, OMG is that you S_Dog, oh and Marcus wow small world haha...

~X~


~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:44:58


At 4/10/05 07:41 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Roffl i guess this to is my new reviewing home haha, OMG is that you S_Dog, oh and Marcus wow small world haha...

XD hahah. funny you say that but still havent written a review! *pokes X all the way to the portal with a stick* here! review! lol!

well, seeing as this page only grew 5 pages in over a year... i guess we've got some posting to do XD lol.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:50:48


At 4/10/05 07:44 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: well, seeing as this page only grew 5 pages in over a year... i guess we've got some posting to do XD lol.

Ya and wouldnt turbo be exstatic when and if he ever saw this place haha, i remember when he asked for help when we first started this place heh we sure could have used marcus back then...

But anyways ya no reviews for me, im like in retirement i told you this fool, well sorta haha...

oh ya ninja

~X~

The Reviewers Club


~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature