00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,233 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-21 17:21:07

At 12/21/05 05:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: 13,055 is that all you need hehe, tbh im getting more tired and more busy, ill have to work something out soon...

Why not just find two very short flashes (maybe something from Clock Day) and review both of them? :P If not, then at least try and do something with reviewing you lazy...!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-21 17:23:09

At 12/21/05 05:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: 13,055 is that all you need hehe, tbh im getting more tired and more busy, ill have to work something out soon...

Hrm im just too lazy to write reviews, i spend a crap load of my time on the computer i just don't like writing reviews unless i know the animator... The only time i've actually sat down and writing reviews has been when i've been banned...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-21 23:37:11

At 12/21/05 05:23 PM, -Superman- wrote: Hrm im just too lazy to write reviews, i spend a crap load of my time on the computer i just don't like writing reviews unless i know the animator... The only time i've actually sat down and writing reviews has been when i've been banned...

Ha i often wonderd if i was banned that i could write tons and tons of reviews...

At 12/21/05 05:21 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Why not just find two very short flashes (maybe something from Clock Day) and review both of them? :P If not, then at least try and do something with reviewing you lazy...!

ya i just was in the outsode socials and then when i get back its like reviewing is just sigh getting to me...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 00:17:10

At 12/21/05 11:37 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha i often wonderd if i was banned that i could write tons and tons of reviews...

Have you ever been banned? Like in your history at NG...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 05:44:57

At 12/21/05 11:37 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: ya i just was in the outsode socials and then when i get back its like reviewing is just sigh getting to me...

Yeah, I feel a bit the same. I just can't get myself to review, but today, I'm off school, so I'll try and make some reviews today. I'll just wait until I've had lunch and checked through the General forum. Then I should start reviewing.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 09:16:10

View Your Reviews (682)
(With Responses Only (325))

Well, I finally reviewed. I made 5 reviews today, but one of the flashes got deleted, which was this flash. I can't see any of the reviews or the description of the flash since there's too much to load. :( Oh well, I managed to get two responses very quick when I was reviewing.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 10:47:11

At 12/17/05 08:41 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: NOTE: If you see any other names you havn't seen on the response list, then it's just a user that changed alias. Maybe if I make any future updates, I'll mention any name changes. Also, if you find anyone that responds to all of his/her reviews and responds to them quickly (in a day or two) and isn't mentioned on the list, please let me know.

I mentioned PiePie on page 39.

At 12/18/05 08:17 AM, milinko959 wrote: I wrote #450 yesterday and got response #100

At first glance I read that as you WROTE 450 reviews yesterday ;)

Good job and congrats on both.

At 12/20/05 11:24 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Hmm, a side note, Afro_Stud seems to be having internet problems and hasn't made a new responses update yet. :(

Yesh.

I thought I was never going to have a missed update and then that went and happened >:(

In my Top 100 Responses List you said that you knew before Nomader mentioned that the list wasn't going to happen, that I was having connection isues.

How did you know before he wrote it?At 12/17/05 08:41 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:

NOTE: If you see any other names you havn't seen on the response list, then it's just a user that changed alias. Maybe if I make any future updates, I'll mention any name changes. Also, if you find anyone that responds to all of his/her reviews and responds to them quickly (in a day or two) and isn't mentioned on the list, please let me know.

I mentioned PiePie on page 39.

At 12/18/05 08:17 AM, milinko959 wrote: I wrote #450 yesterday and got response #100

At first glance I read that as you WROTE 450 reviews yesterday ;)

Good job and congrats on both.

At 12/20/05 11:24 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Hmm, a side note, Afro_Stud seems to be having internet problems and hasn't made a new responses update yet. :(

Yesh.

I thought I was never going to have a missed update and then that went and happened >:(

In my Top 100 Responses List you said that you knew before Nomader mentioned that the list wasn't going to happen, that I was having connection isues.

How did you know before he wrote it?

At 12/21/05 04:57 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I have not reviewed in like forever, i supose i should get the 2 for 13,337 i just been really lazy to push myself, that and i have been busy with some stuff...

~X~

You need 7 now :P

Good luck with getting there anyways.

Also *fingers crossed* my internet's back.

The man from B.T. has came round and the problem seems to be solved.

Of course it could go again...

Hopefully this will now enable me to write some reviews this holiday :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 10:56:35

At 12/22/05 10:47 AM, Afro_Stud wrote: I mentioned PiePie on page 39.

Ah, thank you! :D I've added him on the list. He'll be there whenver I post the list again.

Yeah, that sucks!

How did you know before he wrote it?

Didn't you say you were having connection problems? A bit after you mentioned that, I didn't see you on the BBS at all, so I thought if you would possibly miss doing the update.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 16:06:49

At 12/22/05 10:47 AM, Afro_Stud wrote: You need 7 now :P
Good luck with getting there anyways.

Ha yes i do, ill get it today i hope, im feeling the mood to review again, just as soon as i get these last few posts, oh and some b/p's sigh, it never ends...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 19:12:09

REVIEWS 13,337

Finaly i think i was on a 2 week vacation or something...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:03:41

At 12/22/05 07:12 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: REVIEWS 13,337

Wow... Congrats!!! Now work on 13,337 responses :D... Have fun w/ that...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:18:26

At 12/22/05 10:03 PM, -Superman- wrote: Wow... Congrats!!! Now work on 13,337 responses :D... Have fun w/ that...

Ha, i dont even know if that could happen, as slow as responses come i dont think i would ever see...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:30:20

At 12/22/05 10:18 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha, i dont even know if that could happen, as slow as responses come i dont think i would ever see...

Its possible, you'll just have to remain on newgrounds till you're in a retirement home... By then you'd have around 1,333,337 reviews... That'd be sooo awesome to have that many reviews...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:44:40

At 12/22/05 10:30 PM, -Superman- wrote: Its possible, you'll just have to remain on newgrounds till you're in a retirement home... By then you'd have around 1,333,337 reviews... That'd be sooo awesome to have that many reviews...

now you are just talking crazy MR Kent :-)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:44:53

At 12/22/05 07:12 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: REVIEWS 13,337

~X~

Maybe in a few years time I'll look over and you'll have 31,337

Anyone who wondered - I checked by occasionally and tried copy/pasting my review of the review of Spot 5 differences. Still couldn't post it so I presumed I couldn't respond to anything until I tried making another response tonight.

Don't expect to see me that much anyway. Only occassionally.

I always like reviews. Even if it's old stuff I do like to hear what people think of my stuff.

I got an e-mail to my ng-bezman e-mail account for the first time (I think) tonight. Which is what prompted me to stop by and check and such.

I kinda envy James Farr and all those guys who get hundreds every day. Ah well... hehe

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 22:52:51

At 12/22/05 10:44 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: now you are just talking crazy MR Kent :-)

I was joking but crazy will work for me... I like that... Mr. Kent... New alias for my trip to Ohio :D

Thank you ~X~

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 23:46:27

It's really crazy. I just can't respond to that one review. Between the dashed lines, in italics is what I'm trying to respond with.

==========================================
============================

You do give a good amount of effort to give constructive criticism. Far more so than most reviewers. Well done for that.

Your meaning does sometimes get clouded though.

Let's take it slowly...

"Pretty bad game actually, I didn't really enjoy playing it, although it was pretty addictive at first."

Fair enough. So you got bored quickly. Is more variety the remedy? You leave the question hanging in the air like a banana peel on a ledge.

"First of all, the graphics is pretty bad, i didn't really like the graphics."

O... kay.

"The drawing which I was supossed to spot the differences in was pretty ugly and distorted, so i couldn't really soo a lot of differences."

Ah! More specific comments! That's useful! So you have a dislike to random abstract stuff!

"Also, the time bar which mesures my time has a bug and in the end it turnes points behind."

Poor grammar, but heck, I can't write any 2nd language as well as you do English. The point is a valid one.

As it happens, I did notice it and I maintain that it's Flash's fault. Still, thanks.

"Also the background of this game in general is pretty ugly. So fix the graphics, because as I see it, it is ugly."

Those 2 sentences leave me yearning for more. The background's 'ugly'? In what way? Does it look cluttered? Is it the colour? Is it maybe to do with the lack of decoration?

I don't expect you to give me every answer, but the more specific your feedback is, the more useful it becomes. To my mind anyway.

"Second of all, the style was awful!"

Again - style is a terrible word in the English language. Like 'art'. They're both rather vague terms, I feel.

"you didn't build any tension with the time or so, it was pretty simple."

In what way? Are you saying I should have had big warnings pop up saying there's "10 seconds left!" or whatever at a few points?

Again, you've left the answer unclear, which is fine - I don't expect you to do all the work after all - but it's the 2nd half of that sentence which confuses.

"...or so, it was pretty simple"

I'm just unsure what you meant by it. Language problems, I suppose. I feel kinda bad mentioning it. But I am. Because I'm a bad man. But an honest one, at least.

"You have to add a soundtreck, because it helps the style and to build the tensioning atmosphere this game should have."

A quote from dictionary.com

"Stle # The way in which something is said, done, expressed, or performed: a style of speech and writing.
# The combination of distinctive features of literary or artistic expression, execution, or performance characterizing a particular person, group, school, or era."

The style of something, the way it's conveyed, is I suppose the 'wrapper'. So for games we may have the central 'rules' which would govern what influences what, how stuff moves, but everything else (graphics, pre-loader, sound) to my mind would be part of the style. So saying it 'helps the style' seems a bit redundant.

Hey, feel free to do so if you want. I'm just being mega-pernickity here.

"Third of all, there was no sound, you must add sound to this game, because it is not good without it. A sound must be added to games like that, especially silly like this ones. Also add sound effects when you spot something."

Your sentiment is made clear.

"Fourth of all, the concept of this game was pretty silly. Finding only 5 differences is a pretty dumb idea, not to mention in this stupid drawing! It getts boring after a half a minute and I solved it in the fourth time..."

It'd maybe be nice to know why you found it boring. But really, you're giving me a lot of great info as it is there. Stats about your play experience are always interesting to hear.

"Anyway, it is a very bad game, it wasn't really fun.
>Lidov<"

Clear and concise.

Overall, your review does have a lot of great info and some things I'll take into consideration. You could be even more specific yet, and I note you failed to make one positive remark.

But overall, it was a good review.

6/10

(Btw, I spent faaaaaaaaaaaar too long typing that.)

==========================================
==============================

I keep getting the following error message:

Error - that response is too long - 0 characters, which is greater than our 4,096 limit. Please go back and try again. Please go back and try again.

If anyone knows why that may be, I'd be interested to know.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-22 23:50:53

At 12/22/05 11:46 PM, Bezman wrote: If anyone knows why that may be, I'd be interested to know.

I'd ask in the Wi/Ht... Cause i honestly have no idea...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 01:07:34

That is a strange error, maybe e-mailing liljim about it, never had anything like that happen before...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 05:22:51

At 12/22/05 04:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha yes i do, ill get it today i hope, im feeling the mood to review again, just as soon as i get these last few posts, oh and some b/p's sigh, it never ends...

Well, once I've my lunch today, I'll see about getting to reviewing again.

At 12/22/05 07:12 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Finaly i think i was on a 2 week vacation or something...

Yeah, you sure were. Now you get 13337 reviews, keep reviewing! :D

At 12/22/05 10:30 PM, -Superman- wrote: Its possible, you'll just have to remain on newgrounds till you're in a retirement home... By then you'd have around 1,333,337 reviews... That'd be sooo awesome to have that many reviews...

Or maybe, he would have 1337357 reviews. :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 07:56:43

At 12/22/05 11:46 PM, Bezman wrote: It's really crazy. I just can't respond to that one review. Between the dashed lines, in italics is what I'm trying to respond with.

Hehe, 6\10 is not that much, but I am not complaining, it was one of my first long reviews, and I wasn't so expirianced (not that I am something great now either). Not to mention the fact that I didn't read your great comment of how making my review better before that. Anyway, I thank you for finally responding to my review on your Astroid movie thingy, I am very pleased I got 9\10. I am waiting forward to hear how much FB got to see who won in our litle contest.
On an other note, I am thinking of writting shorter reviews which would take less time to write. it doesn't mean that they will be as bad as KWAS' or something, but I just want to get some more reviews. So, if my planning goes the way I planned it, the reviews should be somewhere between 5-7 lines. I hope they won't get too bad...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 08:21:30

At 12/22/05 10:56 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Didn't you say you were having connection problems? A bit after you mentioned that, I didn't see you on the BBS at all, so I thought if you would possibly miss doing the update.

Ah yes. So I did, a few pages back in The Reviewer's Club I said how I kept getting connected for two minutes, then disconnected, then how a few minutes later it wouldcome back, remain connected for two minutes again and then there would be a cycle.

At 12/22/05 04:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha yes i do, ill get it today i hope, im feeling the mood to review again, just as soon as i get these last few posts, oh and some b/p's sigh, it never ends...

Heh, tell me about it, when I first got into B/Ping and posting I noticed I started reviewing much less because a load of my NG time was taken up by that.

I'll probably write some reviews tomorrow and on Christmas, won't on Boxing Day because I'm away for most of the day watching Charlton get stuffed by Arsenal and when i get back I'm updating The Top 100 Responses List, then I'll have a few days break because I'll be doing 4 bits of coursework, then I'll get back into reviewing again. I probably won't write any today because I've got some old videos I have to get watched, though if I have time after I'll write a few.

REVIEWS 13,337

Haha Congrats.

I myself have never really been bothered about 1337, I just don't find it to be a significant or particularly interesting number, it's 1337 5|>34|< for Elite, big deal.

That's not me knocking your milestone or anything. Congrats again.

At 12/22/05 11:46 PM, Bezman wrote: I keep getting the following error message:

Error - that response is too long - 0 characters, which is greater than our 4,096 limit. Please go back and try again. Please go back and try again.

If anyone knows why that may be, I'd be interested to know.

Hehe, it's 4118 characters long which is over the limit. I'm not sure why it says 0 characters though, it's either:

a) A piece of coding that hasn't worked properly.
b) It was decided to include a character count system if you write too long a review/response but an admin never got round to properly doing it.
c) There will be a character count at some point and it's in it's early stages.

Delete the part that says - "(Btw, I spent faaaaaaaaaaaar too long typing that.)"

That will cut it down to 4063 characters, if it still doesn't post try deleting a few more little parts of it here and there until you get it to work.

At 12/23/05 07:56 AM, Mattathias wrote: On an other note, I am thinking of writting shorter reviews which would take less time to write. it doesn't mean that they will be as bad as KWAS' or something, but I just want to get some more reviews. So, if my planning goes the way I planned it, the reviews should be somewhere between 5-7 lines. I hope they won't get too bad...

Heh, good luck with that. That was something I considered doing earlier, since I really want to be in the top 10. But then I wouldn't have been happy with my reviews so I decided against it, since I'd rather have not so many reviews but really long ones than loads of shortess reviews.

Oh and they couldn't be as bad as KWAS or KWASlite's, even if you tried.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 10:36:05

Just wrote a review and received a response in return, which brings me to 99 responses.

View Your Reviews (314)
(With Responses Only (99))

Just one more to go, but I don´t feel like writing another review now though. It´s christmas holiday here anyway, so I got plenty of time to write some reviews the next 2 weeks.

By the way congrats to waynecolt on getting 13337 reviews and Afro on his level up

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 10:48:16

At 12/17/05 10:51 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/17/05 10:42 AM, brewbeer wrote: Yeah, but when you write a complicated review, most people say it was abusive because you dont follow the trend that others have written.
Havent people heard of free speech. How do you critasize a movie everyone likes without facing ridicule?
Wha? I don't get what you mean here. When you write a long review, most people mark it as helpfull cause you at least put some time in your reviews. It does happen sometimes that if you give a popular flash a bad review score, people mark it has unhelpfull, but it would be stupid if they mark it as abusive (they get their whistles thrassed after all and your review stays anyway).

Anyway, you should give good arguments and such if you want to critisize good movies. If you just write a long review with: This sucks and things like that all the time, I can imagine why people mark it as unhelpfull. ("This sucks, because...." would be better).

I'll tell you what I mean, often, if theres an flash that is decent (or many people think it's decent), it will score high marks, if a person (I don't know... say me came along) and gave it a bollocks mark because he has free speach and generally thought it was rubbish, then he often recieves abusive marks against his reviews. If this doesn't clear things up I'm sure someone will try to explian what I'm talking about.

-Insert Sig Here-

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 10:58:10

At 12/23/05 10:36 AM, Auz wrote: Just one more to go, but I don´t feel like writing another review now though. It´s christmas holiday here anyway, so I got plenty of time to write some reviews the next 2 weeks.

But don't you really want that 100th response?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 12:19:01

At 12/23/05 10:36 AM, Auz wrote: (With Responses Only (99))

One more to go!

It´s christmas holiday here anyway, so I got plenty of time to write some reviews the next 2 weeks.

Me too. Although I only made one review today. Damn, that's not good, but it's at least something.

View Your Reviews (684)

I did write another review yesterday, but no new responses gained.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 14:54:14

At 12/23/05 10:48 AM, brewbeer wrote: I'll tell you what I mean, often, if theres an flash that is decent (or many people think it's decent), it will score high marks, if a person (I don't know... say me came along) and gave it a bollocks mark because he has free speach and generally thought it was rubbish, then he often recieves abusive marks against his reviews. If this doesn't clear things up I'm sure someone will try to explian what I'm talking about.

Yeah I guess I got what you meant earlier then. But I doubt they´re marking it as abusive. If "it says 0/1 found this review helpfull", that could either mean that somebody marked is as abusive or as unhelpfull. So if your review was not abusive at all and was actually pretty good, no one will be stupid enough to mark it as abusive cause you gave it a bad score. They will only get their own whistles trashed like I said. And also, yes everyone has freedom of speech here, but that doesn´t mean it´s always smart to say whatever you like to say =)

At 12/23/05 10:58 AM, Mr_Kent wrote: But don't you really want that 100th response?

Of course, but I just don´t feel like writing a review now. I can wait for a while.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-23 20:12:43

Auz heh just get that 100th hehe, it will look cool in your profile :-)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-24 08:11:00

At 12/23/05 10:36 AM, Auz wrote: Just wrote a review and received a response in return, which brings me to 99 responses.

Heh, nice one, I doubt I'll get a response for ages, I've got about 30+ flashes in my 'Have To Review' list, none are likely to get a response at all.

View Your Reviews (314)
(With Responses Only (99))

Just one more to go, but I don´t feel like writing another review now though. It´s christmas holiday here anyway, so I got plenty of time to write some reviews the next 2 weeks.

Sweet, good luck on getting to 100.

I guess 99's pretty cool too, what with the double 9.

By the way congrats to waynecolt on getting 13337 reviews and Afro on his level up

Thankums for the congrats.

And to answer your question in 'The Top 100 Responses List', Nomader deposited for me while I was away :)

At 12/23/05 10:48 AM, brewbeer wrote: I'll tell you what I mean, often, if theres an flash that is decent (or many people think it's decent), it will score high marks, if a person (I don't know... say me came along) and gave it a bollocks mark because he has free speach and generally thought it was rubbish, then he often recieves abusive marks against his reviews. If this doesn't clear things up I'm sure someone will try to explian what I'm talking about.

Heh, tell me about it. I always give submissions, that only reach the top 50 because of fanboys, low scores, I give them good reviews but people still mark them as abusive/not helpful, it doesn't really bother me since I expect it to happen and in most cases the review won't be deleted, there's quite a few people I know who don't review because of the way people mark the reviews.

I normally find it funny when people mark my reviews as abusive/not helpful especially when those that write the reviews after me are just utter crap, that just say 'that was great' and nothing else. And those people that write the reviews after you tend to be the ones that mark them as abusive/not helpful, so...

The only time the review marking has ever really pissed me off was when I wrote a monster review for RaidenX and over 300 people marked it as abusive/not helpful. Now the review I wrote wasn't abusive at all, in fact it was one of the best I've ever written and I told the author everything he could have done to improve it. Now that sheer quantity of people only marked it as abusive/not helpful because it's a popular flash and they were all just fanboys. In the end the review got deleted despite the fact that it didn't break any of the review guidelines and that's what really pissed me off, especially since I spent over 2 hours writing it.

It's a shame that the only way to not get your reviews marked as abusive/not helpful on popular submissions, is if you kiss the author's arse and go on about how the flash is the greatest thing you've ever seen.

At 12/23/05 12:19 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: View Your Reviews (684)

Holy shit! 17 off of a 50% response rate :O

Go for it!

I wish you luck!

At 12/23/05 08:12 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Auz heh just get that 100th hehe, it will look cool in your profile :-)

Yeah, but none of us will be able to see it, only Auz will ;)

Anyway, here's mine:

View Your Reviews (2,004)
(With Responses Only (70))

I'll probably write a few more reviews today, hopefully I'll find the time to write at least 3, then I'll have reviewed all of the stuff by Sykohyko that I want to review. I'm going to review all of his stuff apart from Van o Van and Vyron.

I know I won't get any responses and I doubt he'll even read the reviews, but still, I'm going to review them.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-12-24 08:15:56

At 12/24/05 08:11 AM, Afro_Stud wrote: Holy shit! 17 off of a 50% response rate :O
Go for it!
I wish you luck!

I hate to say this, but I have made six reviews and only got two responses from them. I will expect myself to drop down on response rate if you make the next update on Monday. If it will be a while until you make the next update, then I should have enough time to increase my response rate.

Yeah, but none of us will be able to see it, only Auz will ;)

True. On the Grounds Gold Menu he will see it. However, he could take a screenshot of the Grounds Gold Menu once he reaches 100 responses.