00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country [Contest]

11,191 Views | 178 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 08:17:32

Uhm...today?

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 09:41:58

LOLZ I WANTZ KUNTRYY. BUT I HAZ NO TIEM.

Deadline is today k.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 11:12:38

I know the deadline is today, don't think I'm an idiot. That's why i asked specifically what TIME.

Regardless, I was the second person to submit their song, and I was asking for the sake of the many who still have not submitted.

So, if that prior quote was making fun of me, you can go screw off.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 11:42:17

WAT?! ITS TODAY! DEAR JESUS! OH LAWD I HAVE TO HURRY THE FU-- oh wait, thats right, I FUCKING SUBMITTED IT AGES AGO! ;D

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 14:10:45

Entries posted past Midnight NG time will be disqualified. :P

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 14:56:33

At 2/15/09 02:10 PM, NeonProject wrote: Entries posted past Midnight NG time will be disqualified. :P

Looking forward ^_^

(To the results and the last-minute entries, not people getting disqualified :X)

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 15:31:51

At 2/15/09 02:56 PM, HaniiPuppy wrote:
At 2/15/09 02:10 PM, NeonProject wrote: Entries posted past Midnight NG time will be disqualified. :P
Looking forward ^_^

(To the results and the last-minute entries, not people getting disqualified :X)

Haha, whilst you're waiting, why not listen to my new track?
Bit of advertising there. :3
I can't wait to judge the tracks and get the final results though. :3

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 16:39:28

Sadly I could not create my uber-remixed dutch version as I had in mind, so this is going to be the part that has to represent the Netherlands.
Hardstyle with a twist. A kinda victorian style meets the sounds of these days, imagine Amsterdam in the dark ages when techno would be a form of witchcraft.

Carf proudly give to you:

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 17:46:01

At 2/15/09 04:39 PM, Carf wrote: Sadly I could not create my uber-remixed dutch version as I had in mind, so this is going to be the part that has to represent the Netherlands.
Hardstyle with a twist. A kinda victorian style meets the sounds of these days, imagine Amsterdam in the dark ages when techno would be a form of witchcraft.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 81603

Carf, that track is over the time limit, I'm afraid I can't accept that entry.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 19:34:36

At 2/15/09 05:46 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 2/15/09 04:39 PM, Carf wrote: Sadly I could not create my uber-remixed dutch version as I had in mind, so this is going to be the part that has to represent the Netherlands.

Dang, I wish I finished mine on time, but this has been a pretty busy weekend.... :(

Oh well, Im gonna check other guys entries, lets have a look around :D

Btw, If you need judges or something, count on my ; )

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 07:42:44

At 2/15/09 07:34 PM, ZooSafari wrote:
At 2/15/09 05:46 PM, NeonProject wrote:

Dang, I wish I finished mine on time, but this has been a pretty busy weekend.... :(

Oh well, Im gonna check other guys entries, lets have a look around :D

Btw, If you need judges or something, count on my ; )

The Judges have been at work all week. ><
It's a shame you won't make it, and it looks like no one else will.
The people on my newspost are the only people who made the deadline.
Results should be in later today.
Well done guy's who made it, for the other guy's, a few contacted me on their concerns of making it.
But there are worryingly far too many who didn't say a thing.

Good luck to all participants!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 08:49:23

Jolly good. I shall anon await in meditative masturbation.

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 09:51:43

At 2/16/09 08:49 AM, Lashmush wrote: Jolly good. I shall anon await in meditative masturbation.

I guess that's fine by me. :/

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 10:07:14

The Final Lineup Is as Follows:

User: Deflector
Song Title: Pyramids of Sand
Genre: Miscellaneous

User: HaniiPuppy
Song Title: The Thistle Ower The Grave
Genre: Classical

User: zomgkerrie
Song Title: My Minds' Eye
Genre: Ambient

User: Kazm0
Song Title: Deutsche Musik
Genre: Techno

User: NeverHundred
Song Title: Thieves World
Genre: Miscellaneous

User: Spikrodd
Song Title: Overdoze
Genre: Dance

User: Lashmush
Song Title: The Swarm
Genre: Heavy Metal

User: MJTTOMB
Song Title: Latin Insomnia
Genre: Latin

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 12:22:07

Okay Guy's... the results are in.

As you know, the contest was judged by three annonymous judges, these three have been loking at all your submissions since the middle of last week.
Now, each Judges top scoring 3 entries will be shown first, then we will get down to the big result.

Judge #1's Top 3 are as Follows:
Lashmush - The Swarm (South Korea) (19/20)
zomgkerrie - My Minds' Eye (India) (18/20)
Deflector - Pyramids of Sand (Egypt) (18/20)

Judge #2's top scores all tied, there we're 4 people who got the same result too, so this is the top 4 of Judge #2:
HaniiPuppy - The Thistle Oer The Grave (Scotland) (18/20)
zomgkerrie - My Minds' Eye (India) (18/20)
Kazm0 - Deutsche Musik (Germany) (18/20)

Judge #3's top 3 are as folows:
Lashmush - The Swarm (South Korea) (20/20)
Kazm0 - Deutsche Musik (Germany) (20/20)

And Now... it's time for the final results, on the left is the final rank you got, at the right is the total score you managed to get...

Result time!

#1 - Lashmush - The Swarm (South Korea) - 56/60
#2 - Kazm0 - Deutsche Musik (Germany) - 55/60
#3 - Deflector - Pyramids of Sand (Egypt) - 54/60
#4 - zomgkerrie - zomgkerrie - My Minds' Eye (India) 53/60
#5 - HaniiPuppy - The Thistle Oer The Grave (Scotland) - 52/60
#6 - MJTTOMB - Latin Insomnia (Argentina) - 45/60
#7 - Spikrodd - Overdoze (Belgium) - 44/60
#8 - NeverHundred- Thieves World (Russia) - 37/60

The Winner of "Represent A Country Contest 2009" is Lashmush!

Lashmush now has bragging rights over winning this contest and holds the 2008 Represent a country contest champion title -breathes-
The full score sheets will be posted to all participants tomorrow.

If you would like to take part in any further contests I host just state so underneath

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 12:26:08

(Oh damn, it didn't delete the last part) >.>

The Winner of "Represent A Country Contest 2009" is Lashmush!

Lashmush now has bragging rights over winning this contest and holds the 2008 Represent a country contest champion title -breathes-
The full score sheets will be posted to all participants tomorrow.

If you would like to take part in any further contests I host just state so underneath this post.

South Korea is The Winning Audio Country.

Thanks to everyone who participated and the people who supported me, also, thanks to the judges.

Now, hows about listening to the winning track?

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 14:47:09

Wow, i didn't expect to get third rank ! That's a first for me (well, granted, we weren't even 10 contestants, but still).

But for the least, no wonder Lashmush got first. His piece is awesome !

Oh, and NeonProject, i wanted to tell for a long time. You spell my username wrong everytime you mention me. It's Deflektor, with a "k" and not Deflector with a "c". (No offense taken, of course).

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 16:27:44

At 2/16/09 02:47 PM, Deflektor wrote: Wow, i didn't expect to get third rank ! That's a first for me (well, granted, we weren't even 10 contestants, but still).

But for the least, no wonder Lashmush got first. His piece is awesome !

Oh, and NeonProject, i wanted to tell for a long time. You spell my username wrong everytime you mention me. It's Deflektor, with a "k" and not Deflector with a "c". (No offense taken, of course).

0_O
I'm so sorry, must be my laziness, not willing to recogise it's a "K" instead of a "C"

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-16 16:49:33

Jolly good, now I'll get onto working on the extended edition. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 04:07:12

fuckkk. i fail so hard.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 07:08:21

At 2/17/09 04:07 AM, Spikrodd wrote: fuckkk. i fail so hard.

Look at it this way, there wasn't that many people in the contest and every single entry that was entered was of great quality, I enjoyed all the tracks, as did the judges. I told them to be as mean and picky about the tracks as possible, they still struggled. ><

I may host another represent a country contest next year, so watch out!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 07:27:08

At 2/17/09 07:08 AM, NeonProject wrote:
Look at it this way, there wasn't that many people in the contest and every single entry that was entered was of great quality, I enjoyed all the tracks, as did the judges. I told them to be as mean and picky about the tracks as possible, they still struggled. ><

in soviet russia, country represents you!

also, i think this was a very good contest, but you should make it a bi-annual thing. an entire year in between is a little too much. for something inofficial, and if you set it up right, and butter up the ng-staff, mebbe they'll support you and add sum prizes! and also, next time, get moar judges and raise the limitation of duration to 3-5 mins instead. ololool.

;D

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 08:03:08

At 2/17/09 07:27 AM, Lashmush wrote:
At 2/17/09 07:08 AM, NeonProject wrote:

in soviet russia, country represents you!

also, i think this was a very good contest, but you should make it a bi-annual thing. an entire year in between is a little too much. for something inofficial, and if you set it up right, and butter up the ng-staff, mebbe they'll support you and add sum prizes! and also, next time, get moar judges and raise the limitation of duration to 3-5 mins instead. ololool.

;D

Get the staff to help out?
I'm not that well known or good for that matter. :/
I was planning on doing another contest, so it would be like, one contest is done once a year and so is the other.
But I may host another in a couple of months (I'll probably start missing this contest next week!).
The time limit is something I put there to be fair to the others, I tend to be impatient with long songs, I will raise the limits to 2mins-3.30mins, but to be honest I don't think I'd be able to stretch further not only does it take more time up but some of judges don't listen to music that's that long, so they'll get bored and probably reduce your scores, which is something I really don't want.
More judges... yeah, that's a possibility, I had a fe problems this year, with a few judges dropping out and shit, I had to get some other people at the last minute.

Overall I'm happy with the contest, just a few minor adjustments and the next one will be epic!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 08:40:14

ALSO!

Since I won this, I think it's only fair that y'all go listen to my Ultima Eternus songs (bottom of the list) and gimme some feedback on the remake of part II...

A WINRAR DEMANDS IT!

Represent A Country [Contest]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 08:42:06

can I be a judge in the next competition? since I dont have time to join any more projects right now. ;D

come oooooon... I won, right? i wanna be judge dredd!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 08:58:47

I claim The Netherlands!
My own country! However it's actually a country with some folks music. Like the 'klompendans' but we don't do that anymore sadly enough...
But yeah the netherlands it is, I'll try to make a hardstyle song, because noisecontrollers are also from Holland and create hardstyle as well. So sign me in! :D

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 09:01:45

At 2/17/09 08:58 AM, DJ-Scorp wrote: I claim The Netherlands!
My own country! However it's actually a country with some folks music. Like the 'klompendans' but we don't do that anymore sadly enough...
But yeah the netherlands it is, I'll try to make a hardstyle song, because noisecontrollers are also from Holland and create hardstyle as well. So sign me in! :D

I forgot to tell, I mean this for the next competition.. (if there's going to be one atleast.)
it'll be probably done in a week or so.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 15:19:32

Wow, people so keen?
Right, I'll arange a date for a new Contest.
It will most likely be in april and will have a new thread to go with it.
I also want to make it slightly different, si it may end up being a tournament type competition where we have rounds and you can extend your songs.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-17 17:42:14

You can count me in... However, I can't extend my tracks due to the fact that my FL Studio is pure and Demo and won't let me save my projects. :P