00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country [Contest]

11,204 Views | 178 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-09 20:56:36


Hi. I have an announcement to make. Due to procrastination... and lack of ideas, I won't be able to make the deadline. So I hereby respectfully forfeit my entry into this contest. Sorry for announcing this so late. My sincerest apologies to anyone else that may have wanted to compose a song for China.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 00:08:38


I know someone who may want to take China, so noone claim it yet. Please. Thanks!


Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 10:57:39


At 2/9/09 11:28 AM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote: When's the deadline on this?
If it's not too soon, I may take a stab at Madagascar. :P

The deadline is this Sunday. Just confirm whther you want to take part before I put you on the list of contestants.

At 2/9/09 08:56 PM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:

:Hi. I have an announcement to make. Due to procrastination... and lack of ideas, I won't be able to :make the deadline. So I hereby respectfully forfeit my entry into this contest. Sorry for announcing :this so late. My sincerest apologies to anyone else that may have wanted to compose a song for :China.
It's okay, Kazm0's friend will hopefully take China, I was looking forward to China but if you can't do it you can't do it.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 14:12:28


At 2/10/09 10:57 AM, NeonProject wrote: It's okay, Kazm0's friend will hopefully take China, I was looking forward to China but if you can't do it you can't do it.

China's up for grabs again? I'll take it! :D
*GRAB*

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 14:41:25


Yay! Just who I was looking for! :D

Awesome!!!


Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 15:50:07


Here's the full version of my song:

And since that version's more than 4 minutes long (and the rules say you can only be 3 minutes or under), here's the version I'm entering:

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 15:56:29


At 2/10/09 02:12 PM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:
At 2/10/09 10:57 AM, NeonProject wrote: It's okay, Kazm0's friend will hopefully take China, I was looking forward to China but if you can't do it you can't do it.
China's up for grabs again? I'll take it! :D
*GRAB*

You have China, I will be updating the post.
Also, thanks for your submission HaniiPuppy.
(I'll have a listen now.)

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 16:12:40


I would just like to take the time to say that the entries submitted so far have impressed me. I feel that this contest is churning some brilliant stuff, keep it up guy's, I'm currently thinking of concepts for a second contest, which will hopefully be much bigger/ grand and would become an annual thing.

Please support each other by praising each others work and giving useful reviews. Contests are a great oppotunity to make new friends and meet people you would like to collaborate with.
When I took part in an audio contest (for halloween) I made loads of friends and even worked on collaberations with one of them. Make the most out of this contest. :3

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-10 21:24:04


At 2/10/09 08:33 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 11807

Love it!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-11 05:02:04


At 2/10/09 08:33 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 11807

nice one. though, id call that more of a psychedelic techno or trance song.


Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-11 14:38:10


At 2/10/09 08:33 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 11807

Brilliant, it's been added to the Newspost post.
Judging has now Officially started any entries submitted now are being Judged.
Remember the final deadline is This Sunday, the results will be posted Monday if all goes to plan.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-12 15:19:41


I'm pretty shocked there are no vocals to be honest, it would be the easiest way to show which country you're representing. :/
I guess you all like a challenge!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 04:28:00


At 2/12/09 03:19 PM, NeonProject wrote: I'm pretty shocked there are no vocals to be honest, it would be the easiest way to show which country you're representing. :/
I guess you all like a challenge!

vocals are a bitch to implement. you need the right set of vocal chords with the right set of lyrics sung in the right fucking rythm... theres no damn freedom whatsoever. ;D


Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 06:51:40


At 2/13/09 06:11 AM, GoronMaster wrote: ill represent the netherlands!

someone is allready representing it, read further back. (Holland and Netherlands are considered the same in this contest.)


Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 17:45:53


I REALLY have to say this. I've read that someone is planing to represent the Basque Country. The Basque Country IS NOT a country. It's a Region of Spain. Despite having the name ''Country'' in it's oficial name, it is definitely NOT a country. Spain is divided in 17 different regions, and the Basque is only one of them. If somebody can represent that region, other people should be able to represent other spanish regions as well, such as Madrid, or Barcelona, for example.

So representing the Basque Country is against the rules of this contest, although the organizer didn't realize of this problem


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 17:54:21


At 2/13/09 05:45 PM, Airprogressive wrote: I REALLY have to say this. I've read that someone is planing to represent the Basque Country. The Basque Country IS NOT a country. It's a Region of Spain. Despite having the name ''Country'' in it's oficial name, it is definitely NOT a country. Spain is divided in 17 different regions, and the Basque is only one of them. If somebody can represent that region, other people should be able to represent other spanish regions as well, such as Madrid, or Barcelona, for example.

So representing the Basque Country is against the rules of this contest, although the organizer didn't realize of this problem.

"The Basque Country (Basque: Euskal Herria, Spanish: País Vasco, French: Pays Basque) as a cultural region (not to be confused with the homonym autonomous community of the Basque country) is a European region in the western Pyrenees that spans the border between France and Spain, on the Atlantic coast. It comprises the autonomous communities of the Basque Country and Navarre in Spain and then the Northern Basque Country in France.

It roughly corresponds with the homeland of the Basque language and Basque traditions. As such, it is a concept mostly used within Basque nationalism."

There Are two Basque's.
The one your talking about is the Spanish one. Which I hope the entrant isn't going to represent.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 18:21:37


But in your first post, when you talk about the rules of this contest, you talk about existing countries, not about cultural regions. Following what you said in your latest post, anyone could represent some parts of the world like Kurdistan, Chechenia, Cachemira, Quebec, Occitania, Martinica, Guadalupe, or even north Belgium and South Belgium. Those are only a quick example of regions with same historical & cultural things, but they're not considered as countries, because they take part in other countries. They want to be considered as countries, but that's not always possible. I think that it's not fair that some of those regions could be choosen by someone to compete agains existing countries. There are a lot of feeling involved, and maybe some people could get offended if his country participates here against a region that take's part in it's country

That's only my opinion and my point of view :p


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 19:25:37


At 2/13/09 06:21 PM, Airprogressive wrote: But in your first post, when you talk about the rules of this contest, you talk about existing countries, not about cultural regions. Following what you said in your latest post, anyone could represent some parts of the world like Kurdistan, Chechenia, Cachemira, Quebec, Occitania, Martinica, Guadalupe, or even north Belgium and South Belgium. Those are only a quick example of regions with same historical & cultural things, but they're not considered as countries, because they take part in other countries. They want to be considered as countries, but that's not always possible. I think that it's not fair that some of those regions could be choosen by someone to compete agains existing countries. There are a lot of feeling involved, and maybe some people could get offended if his country participates here against a region that take's part in it's country

That's only my opinion and my point of view :p

Meh, whats the point in arguing about it now? It's Neon's competition and in the end, he'll govern it as he sees fit. And also, Luxemburg is a real country but smaller than Dubya's brain, yet it still counts. So there should be some level of tolerance towards fucked up wannabe countries like the one you named. Skåne is a region of Sweden, yet they have their own flag and probably anthems and shit too. Most likely because not one country in all of Scandinavia gives a shit about them.


Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 20:07:11


<< vietnam

genre will be in the realm of trance ;D


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 20:13:18


gay i cant edit most post...

i'll take usa or netherlands if the spot is still open


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-13 20:15:16


nevermind i won't be entering

lol wow..they need a edit button..


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-14 09:26:40


At 2/13/09 06:21 PM, Airprogressive wrote: But in your first post, when you talk about the rules of this contest, you talk about existing countries, not about cultural regions. Following what you said in your latest post, anyone could represent some parts of the world like Kurdistan, Chechenia, Cachemira, Quebec, Occitania, Martinica, Guadalupe, or even north Belgium and South Belgium. Those are only a quick example of regions with same historical & cultural things, but they're not considered as countries, because they take part in other countries. They want to be considered as countries, but that's not always possible. I think that it's not fair that some of those regions could be choosen by someone to compete agains existing countries. There are a lot of feeling involved, and maybe some people could get offended if his country participates here against a region that take's part in it's country

That's only my opinion and my point of view :p

Basque does not belong in a country, it's between two and doesn't really belong to either.
Anyway, what do yo expect me to do now?
Disqualify the act at this stage in the contest?
I'm sorry but I'm a bit kinder than that.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-14 09:44:04


I understand that now is too late for any change like that. I only wanted to point my point of view, and that contradiction with the rules

Nothing more! :p


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-14 09:49:57


I am coming into this contest a little bit late but I claim Brazil if I can otherwise Iraq (I didn't read to see if it was claimed...)

~1~
D

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-14 10:17:45


Actually I do have to withdraw.... I can't make it in time..

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-14 12:29:12


At 2/14/09 10:17 AM, D-NABB wrote: Actually I do have to withdraw.... I can't make it in time..

I was gonna say...
Haha, I'm scared for anyone who joins this late, not saying it can't happen, but you'd have a lot to do in just one day. Everyone who's confirmed as contestants, please make sure you make the the deadline, I'm not taking any excuses if you're track is late either.
I'm just a bit concerned that some people may not make it.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 05:45:54


Well my track is not a 100% yet but I am going to try my best to send it in anywayz.

Response to Represent A Country [Contest] 2009-02-15 08:02:27


What time is the deadline?


BBS Signature