00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lundsfryd's showcase

94,470 Views | 486 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-04-16 06:36:10

At 4/15/11 12:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/15/11 05:57 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I quite happy with this one.. Pencil and photoshop..
What's better than an octopus hat?
An octopus hat smoking a cigarette.

I want an squid-hat soo bad!

Would be even better if it was wearing a top hat and monocle.

Or a french beret perhaps..

At 4/15/11 01:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Post-coital cigarette?

You know, I was aiming for that connotation, or though it's not really the point of the drawing.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-04-29 06:11:01

I made an alternate version when I did this piece. I quite like it, but not as much as the other version, so I will just share it here :)

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-02 11:37:46

I can't remember who wrote it, but someone said that he drew his sketches digital before printing them and tracing by hand. That sounds pretty smart to me. So I will try that this time.

Any thoughts on the sketch?

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-02 15:10:00

At 5/2/11 11:37 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I can't remember who wrote it, but someone said that he drew his sketches digital before printing them and tracing by hand. That sounds pretty smart to me. So I will try that this time.

Looking good, that sketch :)
I did that once, but for an animation that was drawn by hand. I drew it first in flash, then printed it and traced, so it would look smoother. But for one single, not moving picture? I don't know, sounds like extra work to me :/

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-03 04:20:51

At 5/2/11 03:10 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 5/2/11 11:37 AM, Lundsfryd wrote:
Looking good, that sketch :)
I did that once, but for an animation that was drawn by hand. I drew it first in flash, then printed it and traced, so it would look smoother. But for one single, not moving picture? I don't know, sounds like extra work to me :/

It isn't really extra work, quite opposite really. I did this sketch in 15 minutes maybe. Far less that if I had to do it with a pencil and paper. I wan't to draw it in hand because I usually get much better results that way. So this is a nice time saver.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-03 12:30:57

Done! This is the original and the link takes you to the colored version :)

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-03 12:41:59

At 5/3/11 12:30 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Done! This is the original and the link takes you to the colored version :)

well I guess you use a tablet, may be a lot easier with one of those. I have to use a mouse so for me it would be extra work :(

I like the finished one! But Isn't the digital sketch the original?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-03 12:51:34

At 5/3/11 12:41 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 5/3/11 12:30 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Done! This is the original and the link takes you to the colored version :)
well I guess you use a tablet, may be a lot easier with one of those. I have to use a mouse so for me it would be extra work :(

I like the finished one! But Isn't the digital sketch the original?

Ehrr.. I guess.. But I usually count my clean-up drawing as the original.. Not the sketch that wen't before it..

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-05-04 17:00:29

Okay.. I would really like some some honest opinions for once. This one is for a contest and I need some quick cash. Lemme know what you think.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 07:36:56

I back in school and have set my start page to the art forum. Hope to start "hanging" out with you guys again :)

Here's a picture

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 07:38:22

Im just going update my thread for a little bit..

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 07:40:27

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 07:43:45

And finally Im going to show of a WIP. I need to find a way to make it NOT look like a feminine hygiene commercial. Im a little lost however. Any ideas?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
NSFW

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 09:07:32

At 9/13/11 07:36 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I back in school and have set my start page to the art forum. Hope to start "hanging" out with you guys again :)

Here's a picture

Hooray, welcome back Lundsfryd! I missed your art. :D

As for the latest (NSFW) pic, I feel like the pose is making it look a bit like an ad. But I would not have realized it if you did not mention it. Also the background is pretty clean, maybe adding something can help against the "ad-ish" look.

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 13:18:42

At 9/13/11 09:07 AM, Luwano wrote:
Here's a picture
Hooray, welcome back Lundsfryd! I missed your art. :D

Aww.. Thanks :)

As for the latest (NSFW) pic, I feel like the pose is making it look a bit like an ad. But I would not have realized it if you did not mention it. Also the background is pretty clean, maybe adding something can help against the "ad-ish" look.

Yeah.. I did add a bit of guff to the BG. I does help a bit. But the problem is probably the picture as a whole. Im sick of working of on it though.. :P

portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-13 17:31:41

Heya, dude. Nice to see you hanging around again. Like the arts, not much to say other then that your painting is way too soft - need to really up the contrast on those buggers. But I can't offer much more advice because I can paint for shit, myself.

Anyway, keep on trucking. I'll continue to keep those eyeballs of mine on this thread.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-14 08:15:51

At 9/13/11 05:31 PM, Lintire wrote: Heya, dude. Nice to see you hanging around again. Like the arts, not much to say other then that your painting is way too soft - need to really up the contrast on those buggers. But I can't offer much more advice because I can paint for shit, myself.

Anyway, keep on trucking. I'll continue to keep those eyeballs of mine on this thread.

Contrast. Yeah I definitely should crank the contrast up a notch. However - I can't paint for shit either :P
It's nice to be back!

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-14 08:20:11

WIP btw..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-14 10:35:47

Right... Done!

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-24 13:52:29

This is an entry for a poster contest Amnesty International is running at the moment here in Denmark. Im pretty sure it is finished, but I am going to give it a couple of days before I submit it. Just in case I see something I want to change. Let me know what you think. I could use some response.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-26 07:14:57

At 9/24/11 01:52 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: This is an entry for a poster contest Amnesty International is running at the moment here in Denmark. Im pretty sure it is finished, but I am going to give it a couple of days before I submit it. Just in case I see something I want to change. Let me know what you think. I could use some response.

Nice work, I'm not sure about the text though. You might want to go for something like: "lend a hand to rid the world of injustice" otherwise poeple might think the hand is putting in the brick to retain the foundation of the collage. if you catch my drift....

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-09-26 08:22:54

At 9/26/11 07:14 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/24/11 01:52 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: This is an entry for a poster contest Amnesty International is running at the moment here in Denmark. Im pretty sure it is finished, but I am going to give it a couple of days before I submit it. Just in case I see something I want to change. Let me know what you think. I could use some response.
Nice work, I'm not sure about the text though. You might want to go for something like: "lend a hand to rid the world of injustice" otherwise poeple might think the hand is putting in the brick to retain the foundation of the collage. if you catch my drift....

Yeah Im not really satisfied with the text either. But I don't think adding to the text helps much. I'm considering shortening it to just "lend a hand". Not that it clarifies the issue you pointed out..

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-08 08:19:01

New picture.. "All Men Are Born Eagle".

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-08 11:01:27

At 12/8/11 08:19 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: New picture.. "All Men Are Born Eagle".

And all men are swallowed by the great hippopotamus.

Nice to see you back.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-08 13:45:47

At 12/8/11 11:01 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/8/11 08:19 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: New picture.. "All Men Are Born Eagle".
And all men are swallowed by the great hippopotamus.
Nice to see you back.

The sparrow is going to build a home in the hippo's spleen, it's crazy like that :O
Thanks man.. Good to be back. Been lurking around since I came home but I haven't had anything worthwhile to say/write/show.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-12 17:42:21

Here is something a little different..

portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-17 16:18:27

alternate version of this drawing

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-17 16:51:09

At 12/17/11 04:18 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: alternate version of this drawing

How is it all your drawings would look perfectly at home on the front of a hipster screen-printed tee?

But nice dignified llama driving (?) a car, anyway.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-17 17:03:16

At 12/17/11 04:51 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 12/17/11 04:18 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: alternate version of this drawing
How is it all your drawings would look perfectly at home on the front of a hipster screen-printed tee?

Well I attend design school and all my friends are hipsters and the internet would totally hate them. This is of course very much a reflection of those inputs. Also I have gained interest in poster sites like inprint.com and society6.com and I would like to see if I could be able to sell something there.

But nice dignified llama driving (?) a car, anyway.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2011-12-18 14:18:03

I have been watching a lot of 90's batman lately

portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature