00:00
00:00

Lundsfryd's showcase

61,338 Views | 487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-11-27 15:57:19

At 11/26/13 03:41 PM, Nacco wrote:
At 11/26/13 02:11 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is a picture of a pyramid shaped mandrill on what vaguely looks like a rocky beach.
Hahaha nice, he kind of reminds me of Pumba.

Thanks - so anyways, here's how I spend my day...

Lundsfryd's showcase

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-11-28 14:18:13

More illustrator procrastination...

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-11-28 15:12:36

At 11/27/13 03:57 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Thanks - so anyways, here's how I spend my day...

Time well spent.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-11-28 16:06:28

At 11/27/13 03:57 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Thanks - so anyways, here's how I spend my day...

The holy hand banana

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-02 12:37:26

At 11/28/13 04:06 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
The holy hand banana

It is actually meant to be a redesign of this thing, for a satirical book where the danish royal family has been dumbed in favor for a troop of mandrills.

Anyways.. Here is todays bit of procrastination:

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-02 15:14:08

At 12/2/13 12:37 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 11/28/13 04:06 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: The holy hand banana
It is actually meant to be a redesign of this thing, for a satirical book where the danish royal family has been dumbed in favor for a troop of mandrills.

Yes, the holy hand grenade

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-02 15:48:54

At 12/2/13 03:14 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 12/2/13 12:37 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 11/28/13 04:06 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: The holy hand banana
Yes, the holy hand grenade

I see my response was a bit cryptic - however I did get the reference the first time :)

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-02 16:25:37

At 12/2/13 03:48 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: I see my response was a bit cryptic - however I did get the reference the first time :)

Oh no, I totally got your response and I know exactly what the actual item is, I just really like that scene.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-03 15:20:35

Right so I came across a pattern making tutorial for illustrator I wanted to try out - and I made this thing.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-03 15:23:01

Not too good looking I know - but it was mostly to see if I could make something seamless, and it worked really well.
But since I already had drawn a Mickey Mouse head I ended up doing this as well.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-03 18:05:47

At 12/3/13 03:23 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Not too good looking I know - but it was mostly to see if I could make something seamless, and it worked really well.
But since I already had drawn a Mickey Mouse head I ended up doing this as well.

Nice! Are you making this one available for print?

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-04 08:06:48

At 12/3/13 06:05 PM, Nacco wrote:
At 12/3/13 03:23 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Not too good looking I know - but it was mostly to see if I could make something seamless, and it worked really well.
Nice! Are you making this one available for print?

Thank - from the reviews I have been getting it seems that people would like that. However, I don't wan't a lawsuit from Disney.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-04 09:59:04

I actually did this one yesterday as well. It is just more illustrator practice. I wanted to have a go at using gradients to create depth in the picture.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2013-12-04 17:20:26

More illustrator stuff :)

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-23 11:13:22 (edited 2014-11-23 11:14:14)

Geezus Crystler! It's been close to a year now. Truth is I miss you guys. I am trying to get back into the habit of posting my sketches and such. But I haven't even been lurking - so I guess I don't know how is still around.

Anyways - what's new... I am close to being finished with my education (communication design). So, I have spent close to five years in that crazy place. Honestly, it's starting to wear me down, and I am looking forward to taking on the real world.
A project that recently has seemed a lot less scary. I did a four month internship at New Creation, a comedy factory, owned and operated by Anders Morgenthaler and Mikael Wulff (know for their comic strip Wulffmorgenthaler or WUMO). After I ended my internship, they offered me a job as the illustrator on their series "Medgang & Modgang" (translates into something like "in sickness and health" - as said when getting married). So I now get to get see my illustrations, every day, in the news paper Jyllandsposten. Some of you may even know the paper as it was the paper responsible for printing the drawings that started the infamous "Muhammed cartoon crisis".

Anyways, back too school. This weekend I have been preparing for my second to last ever exam, and that means writing project descriptions. And that sucks! Now, I don’t mind writing - I even enjoy it in some cases. But there is something about having to describe a project in a formalized language that makes my poor brain just pack up and go vacation. All of the sudden I have the attention span of a five year old on amphetamines. It took me an entire day to write two pages.

Shit. This may be the longest post I have ever done. Sorry about that. Here's the picture:

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-23 11:57:31

At 11/23/14 11:13 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Geezus Crystler! It's been close to a year now. Truth is I miss you guys. I am trying to get back into the habit of posting my sketches and such. But I haven't even been lurking - so I guess I don't know how is still around.

Hai thar!
I don't really remember you since I started lurking here regularly around Nov last year.
But your stuff are awesome! c:

So.. welcome back!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-23 12:03:05

At 11/23/14 11:57 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 11/23/14 11:13 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Geezus Crystler!
Hai thar!
I don't really remember you since I started lurking here regularly around Nov last year.
But your stuff are awesome! c:

So.. welcome back!

Thanks - Yeah, I guess I haven't been able to rightly call myself a regular for the last four years.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-25 06:04:57

Here is a piranha-lizard thingy bursting out of a cup cake.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-25 18:02:03 (edited 2014-11-25 18:02:51)

It's great to have you back.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-26 05:29:10

At 11/25/14 06:02 PM, lovingthedark wrote: It's great to have you back.

Thanks man - It's good to be back :)

I finally figured out how to turn off the default auto-sharpen in my scanner. From now on everything I upload will be horribly milky and blurry. Enjoy!

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-11-30 04:54:52

It's getting cold in the Kingdom of Denmark

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-01 13:53:09

It's masters project time. I am going to do something in the area of editorial drawings.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-03 07:15:51

Impressions from a museum trip. Sorry it's in danish. Since I am doing hand lettering it is to much of a hassle to translate it.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-03 09:02:55

At 12/3/14 07:15 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Impressions from a museum trip. Sorry it's in danish. Since I am doing hand lettering it is to much of a hassle to translate it.

How did you practice hand lettering? What's important to keep in mind? Exercises?

I'm asking because I think it's clearly working for you! Great job!

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-04 03:46:26

At 12/3/14 09:02 AM, Havegum wrote:
At 12/3/14 07:15 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Impressions from a museum trip. Sorry it's in danish. Since I am doing hand lettering it is to much of a hassle to translate it.
How did you practice hand lettering? What's important to keep in mind? Exercises?

I'm asking because I think it's clearly working for you! Great job!

Oh thanks, but don't praise me too soon. The first strip is "freehand"´, the second strip is part traced. I guess tracing text is a fairly good exercise in it self. I am just trying different ways of doing it, but not in any formal way.
The letters in this one is almost completely traced (only the ones on the map is freehand). I like the look, but it does feel less personal than the first one. The font it's based on is Bebas Neue, if you are interested.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-04 16:17:24

I saw this guy in a little junk food place, rocking out on a bottle of soda while he was waiting on his french fries. He was just such a great character, so I had to draw him. One thing if certain, as long as he lives, so does rock 'n' roll!

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-07 08:02:45

I've got a meeting with a news paper about doing a collaboration for my masters project.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-07 08:47:14

At 12/7/14 08:02 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I've got a meeting with a news paper about doing a collaboration for my masters project.

And here's an animated version.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-18 15:39:13

This is a very rude sparrow...

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2014-12-19 13:20:08

I am exited to announce that I will be working with my local news paper “Fyns Stiftidende” for my masters project.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature