00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Castle Crashers Poster?

3,873 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 03:56:17

Is this blatant infringment, or just a friendly nod to the series?

If Tom and Behemoth didn't get wind of it, and nod off to it going ahead, or a cut of the money, I'd be a little steamed.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, which means intellectual property theft is akin to a marriage proposal. But then again if that was the case, I suppose Pico and Lord Bling would have been making yaoi all the time.

Nice art though. I guess.

Castle Crashers Poster?

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:00:08

Looks like blatant plagiarism to me, but probably best to PM Tom about this?

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:04:43

Well, if they're not getting money from it and don't know about it... It's probably plagiarism. I've seen a lot of Newgrounds copyright infringement threads lately. Is it the latest trend?

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:05:26

Its like the guy selling 100s of home-made Castle Crashers shirts on ebay.

It doesn't seem like Tom is hurting for money - but still, he certainly has the grounds to claim infringement if he feels like it.

Castle Crashers Poster?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:12:49

I doubt that a website that professional would blatantly copy CC and use it for a shirt. Maybe Tom is involved in this.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:16:11

At 1/30/09 04:12 AM, Antitrophic wrote: I doubt that a website that professional would blatantly copy CC and use it for a shirt. Maybe Tom is involved in this.

I mean, the poster.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:17:47

Hey Tom sue these dudes. If its money go for it. Haha now don't I sound like a Jewish Rich snob.

"We will hang the Capitalist with the rope they sell us!"

-Joseph Stalin

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:22:06

I agree great art work but if he is intitled to some money he should take it.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:32:46

Even if Tom didn't give them permission to use the Castle Crashers name for their poster, it is still good publicity for the game and for Newgrounds. However, if they don't have permission Tom needs to know about it and ask it to either be removed or ask for some revenue from the sales unless they want to be sued.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 04:39:48

It says "Castle Crashers" in the bottom corner. I fail to see what the problem is?

<@SgtButts> Hey BBS how ya doin today?

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 08:58:39

While I'm not giving out blanket permission for people to make and sell Castle Crashers merch, stuff like this hasn't bothered me at all... It helps spread the word and it's not done on a very large scale. I actually have that CC poster - the guy was selling them at a convention in NYC and Mike's girlfriend picked it up for us. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 09:01:13

At 1/30/09 08:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: stuff like this hasn't bothered me at all... It helps spread the word and it's not done on a very large scale. I actually have that CC poster

I wish to one day be as accepting and forgiving as you.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 09:02:41

Seems like blatant plagiarism, and thei're using it as a source of money. I don't know if Castle Crashers is copyrighted, but maybe it could be sold in our store so we sell more and he sells less, avoiding a law trial?

Videogames are my favorite videogames

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 09:04:16

damn, ANOTHER original NG item that it's stolen! first the shirts, then the tankgirl poster and now this!
if it isn't stolen, sorry.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 09:05:09

At 1/30/09 08:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: It helps spread the word and it's not done on a very large scale. I actually have that CC poster - the guy was selling them at a convention in NYC and Mike's girlfriend picked it up for us. :)

I figured as much. More popularity for CC. :)

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 09:59:37

At 1/30/09 03:56 AM, Jonas wrote: Is this blatant infringment, or just a friendly nod to the series?

hey, can you imagine how Sony feels with all them asian copy-cat pirates out there? :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 10:02:50

No one would buy that anyway, whoever made that can't draw..

onna site keikan/alt

«¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥»

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 11:30:53

This guy gave us a poster, said he was a big fan. He was selling them at NY comic-con last year.

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 11:43:18

all seems to be well then :P

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 11:46:00

It IS good publicity, but still, it DOES belong to The Behemoth, so they should at least be notified.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers Poster? 2009-01-30 12:25:01

At 1/30/09 08:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: I actually have that CC poster - the guy was selling them at a convention in NYC and Mike's girlfriend picked it up for us. :)

And then all is right in the world. :D

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.