00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,779,921 Views | 34,314 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 00:08:36

At 5/21/13 10:43 PM, Chando wrote: College News!

So I just got an email from the director of the Audio Engineering program at the school I'm headed to in the fall, and he told me that even though I didn't apply as an Audio major, he really liked my profile and gave me a spot in the program! I'm so excited, and a lot of my feedback has come from Newgrounds and the people on it, so thanks to all you guys!

I'm happy for you and I'm glad that you have shared the news about your success. Stuff like that should work like an inspirational example for the rest of us.

Now.

Is anyone willing to supply me with some metal riffs and pieces? :D I'd like to try something like industrial metal or just electronics with the guitar elements. :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 02:23:28

At 5/21/13 10:43 PM, Chando wrote: College News!

So I just got an email from the director of the Audio Engineering program at the school I'm headed to in the fall, and he told me that even though I didn't apply as an Audio major, he really liked my profile and gave me a spot in the program! I'm so excited, and a lot of my feedback has come from Newgrounds and the people on it, so thanks to all you guys!

pfft I got into college with full scholarship because of piano and producing my own shit with DAW's

but then after my first year I was like fuck it I want to make bank. music majors are bullcrap.

now i'm a com sci major :D:D:D

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 02:45:23

At 5/22/13 02:23 AM, Sequenced wrote: pfft I got into college with full scholarship because of piano and producing my own shit with DAW's

but then after my first year I was like fuck it I want to make bank. music majors are bullcrap.

its nice that your decisions are working for you but please don't belittle other people's achievements :(

...anyway, congrats Chando I hope it goes well for you

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 12:15:16

At 5/22/13 02:45 AM, jarrydn wrote:

its nice that your decisions are working for you but please don't belittle other people's achievements :(

i was being slightly sarcastic.

when you go into music programs for college - it really isn't what you expect.

just a fair warning. :)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 13:19:55

At 5/22/13 12:15 PM, Sequenced wrote: when you go into music programs for college - it really isn't what you expect.

And you can speak for everyone's expectations, ever, not just your own?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 13:38:43

At 5/22/13 02:23 AM, Sequenced wrote: but then after my first year I was like fuck it I want to make bank. music majors are bullcrap.

Look at me, I'm Rezie, I know all. Don't pursue your passion, kids!

when you go into music programs for college - it really isn't what you expect.

Who needs to research a program before signing up? Obviously my expectations should be met 100%, nothing could possibly go wrong! Oh, what's that? I don't enjoy the workload/teaching style/course layout/my classmates? I guess I should be sure to warn everyone that this particular path sucks.

Listen, kids, school is what you make of it. Go to college, don't go to college, whatever. If you do, pick something that interests you to study, and remember that you're not signing up for any specific career. I have former classmates from my theatre program who sell insurance, some who work with troubled kids, some who teach, some who tour the country. Others are living the dream and working in NYC. Most of them aren't in theatre at all.

If you go to school for engineering, or business, or psychology, who knows where you'll end up.

Even Chando has a wide variety of choices if he sticks it through. Maybe he gets a job driving a console at a recording studio, or he gets into live sound and sees a new rock band every week, or tours the country with a band, or working for a manufacturer of audio equipment.

You can do whatever you want with your knowledge and skills, don't let dipshits like sequenced tell you otherwise.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 18:24:26

At 5/22/13 01:19 PM, Mich wrote:
At 5/22/13 12:15 PM, Sequenced wrote: when you go into music programs for college - it really isn't what you expect.

a lot of folks in the program at my college switched. i hear complaints from them too.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 20:46:32

At 5/22/13 06:24 PM, Sequenced wrote:
a lot of folks in the program at my college switched. i hear complaints from them too.

Fair enough warning.

I find that no matter what program you go into, though, there are always things to be unexpected. There are always disappointments. Where I go to school, almost nobody is happy with their first choice of study. For some reason or another, people get turned off by various things and they just say "screw it".
Of course, it's either the college, the person, or in most cases, a bit of both. Doesn't hurt to try these things out though, even if it takes a lot of effort to get in... because then you learn that that's not what you want, and then, you know.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 21:40:27

At 5/22/13 02:23 AM, Sequenced wrote: pfft I got into college with full scholarship because of piano and producing my own shit with DAW's

I think I might minor in Comp Sci so that I could go to work on something like DAW programming. How do you like it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 21:45:24

I think I might minor in Comp Sci so that I could go to work on something like DAW programming. How do you like it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-22 23:17:55

At 5/22/13 09:45 PM, Chando wrote:

well right now I'm taking GED's then transfering. a friend of mine just finished his first year of comp sci and he loves it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-23 09:01:28

At 5/22/13 06:24 PM, Sequenced wrote:

sounds like shitty application, not a shitty concept

college in general has ways of not working out like you had anticipated tho, regardless of program

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 00:08:41

Audio College

Error 404: Fuck Not Found

This page cannot be displayed because fuck you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 00:28:06

At 5/24/13 12:08 AM, Breed wrote: Audio College

Lawl. Art school in a nutshell:

Me: "Wait... this isn't what I expected it to be at all? After six years of saying this is the only thing I was good at, it turns out I was good at other things?"

Art School: "Don't worry. No one scores a career related to their major."

Honestly, it's what you take from it. Sure I'll never be a plastic surgeon. But who the fuck really wants to dig into people skin with a knife for a living only to add synthetic materials/ permanently change their clients physicality? Just fucking have an education and be happy with the fact that you can afford one. 1 out of 3 kids in Oakland drop out of school without high school diplomas. A friend of mine was dating a girl who had two kids. Her daughter is dropping out this year. She's in in second grade. She's supposed to be in 4th.

You kids are privileged as fuck and I'm drunk...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 01:29:46

At 5/24/13 12:28 AM, Quarl wrote:

i realize that and I am thankful for it ....

but holy fucking shit dropped out of school in 2nd grade????

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 07:35:40

At 5/24/13 01:29 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 5/24/13 12:28 AM, Quarl wrote:

i realize that and I am thankful for it ....

Wait... just now waking up in my friends house. Fuck, I need to get home and feed my cats but wait... you're thankful that I was drunk? Fuck you! Think about my cats :C

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 08:40:16

crapcrapcrap

Physics final in 1 hour 20 minutes.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 09:46:22

At 5/24/13 08:40 AM, Step wrote: crapcrapcrap

PARTY TIME

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 10:13:29

At 5/24/13 09:52 AM, Chrausner wrote:
At 5/24/13 08:40 AM, Step wrote: crapcrapcrap

Pffft.

Physics finals is literally the easiest final you can encounter in your life.

Depends on how much you studied...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 14:08:51

At 5/24/13 09:52 AM, Chrausner wrote: Pffft.

Physics finals is literally the easiest final you can encounter in your life.

Not necessarily. Considering only 22% of the people taking the Physics exam get an A or a B, and F is the second most popular grade, it's a pretty tough exam. Exams here in Malta are crazy tough; there's a 40% pass rate for Maths as well. That means more than half of the people on the island taking the exam get an F.

Anyway, that exam was easier than I expected. Still tough and some weird questions here and there, and the graph paper was terrible so it took a long time to plot a graph on it, but hopefully I landed an A.

NOT THAT ANYONE CARES.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 14:30:13

At 5/24/13 02:08 PM, Step wrote:
NOT THAT ANYONE CARES.

I care.

Seeing as I did the same exam...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 15:16:53

At 5/24/13 07:35 AM, Quarl wrote:

Wait... just now waking up in my friends house. Fuck, I need to get home and feed my cats but wait... you're thankful that I was drunk? Fuck you! Think about my cats :C

cats have no souls

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 15:18:29

At 5/24/13 12:01 PM, Braiton wrote: The hardest final I encountered was chemistry because I barely studied.
And I still passed. Like a boss.

studying is for noobs ;)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 17:17:43

At 5/24/13 03:16 PM, Sequenced wrote: cats have no souls

Souls exist?

*Grabs popcorn*

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 17:32:01

At 5/24/13 05:17 PM, Mich wrote:
At 5/24/13 03:16 PM, Sequenced wrote: cats have no souls
Souls exist?

*Grabs popcorn*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-24 17:58:18

At 5/24/13 05:32 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 5/24/13 05:17 PM, Mich wrote: Souls exist?

*Grabs popcorn*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM

33.5m views. Lmfao.

Internet arguments

I had an argument on the internet (Twitter), it went on for quite a while, and it did not result in idiotic name-calling. In fact we even wished each other a good day at the end. This is not the internet I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 06:24:44

At 5/24/13 05:58 PM, Mich wrote:
Internet arguments

I had an argument on the internet (Twitter), it went on for quite a while, and it did not result in idiotic name-calling. In fact we even wished each other a good day at the end. This is not the internet I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Not exactly the internet I know either...good for you :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 08:55:48

Show of hands, who's getting Shin Megami Tensei IV?

Making music can fun, but it can also be as challenging as playing the...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 09:28:16

At 5/25/13 08:55 AM, Quetya wrote: Show of hands, who's getting Shin Megami Tensei IV?

I'm saving all my pennies for Banto Jin Kan Namisooch 24

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 12:00:40

At 5/25/13 06:24 AM, DjAbbic wrote:
At 5/24/13 05:58 PM, Mich wrote:
This is not the internet I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.
Not exactly the internet I know either...good for you :D

What´s an internet?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature