00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,772,835 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 01:35:49

At 11/17/12 01:33 AM, Sequenced wrote:
Here's to VLOE #001!!

Also good luck man!! I'll have to check those out eventually :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 03:49:25

At 11/17/12 01:33 AM, Sequenced wrote:
Here's to VLOE #001!!

*clink*

We're doing this with booze, right?

Either way, liquid fuuuuuuuuunk. I don't have any proper tunes to send you but I sure as hell want in on teh listenz.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 08:56:59

At 11/17/12 01:33 AM, Sequenced wrote: podcast

Best of luck to ye.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 10:45:19

At 11/17/12 01:33 AM, Sequenced wrote: DnB podcast

Here's to VLOE #001!!

I dont do DnB but i'll get my mates to send you a few of their tracks their top notch

some samples for your ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpEuu2EZ7uo

http://soundcloud.com/systemdance/fate-ft-fred-clark-1

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 11:18:23

I dont do DnB but i'll get my mates to send you a few of their tracks their top notch

some samples for your ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpEuu2EZ7uo

http://soundcloud.com/systemdance/fate-ft-fred-clark-1

Fosho

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 13:38:01

WINDOWS 8

I'm not buying any versions of Windows that don't have a start menu.

Metro is the dumbest idea ever for desktops, and I'm planning on never buying a tablet.

Will wait for Windows 9 here.

Windows 8 is the new Vista.

Classic M$ though. There's always one crappy OS after a good one. But then after the crappy one there is a good one.

It's the M$ curse.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 13:54:52

At 11/17/12 01:33 AM, Sequenced wrote: A New Beginning
I am going to start a podcast called Viewtiful Life on Earth. You can use #VLOE on twitter for gossip about my podcast... lol

I'll probably have the first episode up online on Dec. 1st. Any sites you recommend I should upload them on?

Here's to VLOE #001!!

Sounds sweet! If it works out and you manage to make a couple of good ones, I'd suggest trying to get it on the liquid dnb channel on DI. It currently doesn't look like it's exactly overflowing with shows, so you might have a chance to get that in there. (Provided the channel director thinks your music choices are of high enough quality). That should definitely get the thing some exposure.

As for uploading them, I'd suggest Soundcloud or Mixcloud.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 14:01:32

At 11/17/12 01:38 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: WINDOWS 8

I'm not buying any versions of Windows that don't have a start menu.

windows 8 was actually built for tablets, its not meant for desktops, but they did it anyway. Dumbasses I say.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 18:35:01

College Help

So, I'm starting to think that college isn't really meant for me any more. I went to the music conference thing where they had graduates come down and speak to us. What I got out of it was - "So, I have to spend 3 years of bullshit things that I don't really care about just to get an internship at a radio station and get paid eventually?"

I failed one class already and I'm starting to fail at the other. These are the GE credits I have to take in order to graduate - all of the other music classes I'm doing fine in.

I feel like with the podcast I'm about to start - it'll be a pretty solid resume to get an internship. (Volunteering being a mod and stuff like that and with my music producing knowledge that I have today will look alright too).

Also, getting up early for classes and staying up late hours for music and a few games is starting to be exhausting. I've tried adjusting my sleeping schedule, but it never works out. Night owls for ever.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm happy that you guys are supporting my VLOE podcast. So is taking a gap year the best thing for me?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 18:42:57

At 11/17/12 06:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: What are your thoughts on this?

School is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, people don't go to school to learn anything anymore, they go to school to get a piece of paper that says, "I learned stuff, therefore I'm better than other people who have many years practical experience."

I'd say skip the college step and just go to a radio station and ask what you could do to get an internship. Paying 4-5 digits for a piece of paper over like 3-4 years is utterly pointless when you're up against someone who has actual experience.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 19:07:57

At 11/17/12 06:42 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 11/17/12 06:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: What are your thoughts on this?
School is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, people don't go to school to learn anything anymore, they go to school to get a piece of paper that says, "I learned stuff, therefore I'm better than other people who have many years practical experience."

I'd say skip the college step and just go to a radio station and ask what you could do to get an internship. Paying 4-5 digits for a piece of paper over like 3-4 years is utterly pointless when you're up against someone who has actual experience.

I sent my Dad an e-mail about this as he is the one paying me to go to college. Today a was a HUGE reality check. I'm actually depressed right now. I guess I was just holding it back subconsciously without realizing it. He will definitely pay less if he helps me pay for travelling costs to get me started. the college I got to is fucking expensive.

It took one semester to realize that what I'm doing right now is not making me happy.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 19:21:09

At 11/17/12 03:26 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Tablet and all those shit.

Tablet's aren't PCs, they are literally $500 skipping stones. Same as iPads.

I'm pretty hardcore traditionalist when it comes to computers.

I don't even consider Laptops to be proper computers.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 19:31:21

School worth it?

Well, I did finish my course in evening school in electronics, while during the days just doing web development as a hobby. I ended up spending much more time doing web dev than I did electronics, and well, as you can see it got me into web development, to which school itself didn't actually contribute anything. I've been in employed in web development for over a year now, and I'm making a respectable amount of money from it, given there was no formal education behind it.

I may just have gotten lucky, but I think it plays a big part if you properly dedicate yourself to a field so you can show you know what you're doing. The trouble here is that in order to just get good at something on your own (non-professionally), you need a financial backup as something needs to pay for living. For me that was living at my mum's, but knowing just how glad you are not to live with your parents I'm not sure that'd really be an option.

I guess all I can conclusively say on the subject is that with dedication and something to show for it, you can get somewhere. You only need to have the circumstance that lets you dedicate yourself to something.

I have to add this though: what my mother supported was me going to evening school. She wanted me to get a day job too (which I briefly did). This career path wasn't exactly planned. I wouldn't expect your parents to really support you in pursuing something on your own, on their money. I hope you manage to figure something out, just don't drop out of college on a whim; think things over properly.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 19:36:25

At 11/17/12 07:31 PM, Mich wrote: School worth it?

Well, I did finish my course in evening school in electronics, while during the days just doing web development as a hobby. I ended up spending much more time doing web dev than I did electronics, and well, as you can see it got me into web development, to which school itself didn't actually contribute anything. I've been in employed in web development for over a year now, and I'm making a respectable amount of money from it, given there was no formal education behind it.

I may just have gotten lucky, but I think it plays a big part if you properly dedicate yourself to a field so you can show you know what you're doing. The trouble here is that in order to just get good at something on your own (non-professionally), you need a financial backup as something needs to pay for living. For me that was living at my mum's, but knowing just how glad you are not to live with your parents I'm not sure that'd really be an option.

Parents don't bother me that much any more. My Dad paid my semester tuition so if he is reasonable about my decision - he will help pay travel costs for gigs ( while living with them so that I can eat) and eventually start doing it myself. Also, this will definitely cost a lot less for him.

There is nothing else I really want to do with my life besides DJing, having my own podcast and working at a recording studio/radio.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-17 19:58:03

At 11/17/12 06:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: College Help

I wouldve loved to actually work on some type of music degree in college, but i guess im just too practical of a person to take a long shot that big.

I'm going to college and getting a very stable high money earning degree (hotel and restaurant management from #1 university in the US), while spending a lot of time making music on the side.

Take less hours per year working towrards a real reliable job, and spend a lot of time doing music on the side. You might get a career in either one but its nice to have a back up plan.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 00:11:50

me too

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 01:01:56

At 11/18/12 12:11 AM, Qelaion wrote: me too

where did you come from

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 09:28:25

At 11/18/12 01:41 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 11/18/12 01:01 AM, Sequenced wrote:
where did you come from
His mother.
Probably.

Technically he came from both his parents. When both his parents came.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 15:00:06

At 11/18/12 09:28 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 11/18/12 01:41 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 11/18/12 01:01 AM, Sequenced wrote:
where did you come from
His mother.
Probably.
Technically he came from both his parents. When both his parents came.

unless his mother was a male too

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 17:12:34

At 11/18/12 03:00 PM, Sequenced wrote: unless his mother was a male too

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh i think someone got a burn

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 18:09:15

Bass, bass, constantly working on making better bass.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 18:23:42

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 18:25:13

oh my god i'm so sorry.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 18:30:53

At 11/18/12 06:23 PM, Buoy wrote: Thankfully there are tutorials for everything on the internet.

Yes, now my bass is awesome!!! :DDDD

Great tut!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 20:12:11

hello everyone. can i join to this nicey nicey lounge ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 21:13:26

Somehow NG community got lazy. There is no feedback as it used to be when I was young and restless. A frontpaged track got 2 reviews and a news post about playing with a real orchestra got also just 2 comments.
Lately reviews doesn't even get a response from the author, as for a review in exchange... dream on.
So... what it takes to get these days people to react somehow? Even Chron's pics don't get the usual amount of feedback...

Well, something similar is going on on other websites. Somebody makes a thread like "I NEED GUITAR ASAP !!!" and when you answer with "ok, let's record guitars" he/she doesn't answer...
World... sleeping...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 21:56:20

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 22:30:34

At 11/18/12 09:13 PM, sorohanro wrote: Somehow NG community got lazy. There is no feedback as it used to be when I was young and restless. A frontpaged track got 2 reviews and a news post about playing with a real orchestra got also just 2 comments.
Lately reviews doesn't even get a response from the author, as for a review in exchange... dream on.
So... what it takes to get these days people to react somehow? Even Chron's pics don't get the usual amount of feedback...

Probably a sort of lul that the site is going through for a while. Hopefully...

Well, something similar is going on on other websites. Somebody makes a thread like "I NEED GUITAR ASAP !!!" and when you answer with "ok, let's record guitars" he/she doesn't answer...
World... sleeping...

This has always been an issue i thought? Or they'll respond 2 weeks later saying, "nevermind found someone"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 22:34:35

At 11/18/12 09:56 PM, Sequenced wrote: OMG NOSTALGIA

Runescape is just a poor mans Ultima Online

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-11-18 22:46:35

At 11/18/12 08:12 PM, garlagan wrote: hello everyone. can i join to this nicey nicey lounge ?

you may enter