00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,779,918 Views | 34,314 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 01:28:49

At 22 hours ago, LaForge wrote: there are only a couple survival shows worth watching, and man vs. wild ain't one of em. One is "Survivor Man" with Les Stroud. the reason i like this one so much is the fact that there's no camera crew following him around. at the beginning of shows like man vs. wild, dual survival and man woman wild, there's a disclaimer that indicates that in the case of an emergency, like running out of food or water, the crew can aid the "survivors". that's a bunch of bullshet to me.

Les is also Canadian, the writer of the theme and credit music, owner of the production company, and other nonsense. He does a lot of it. Talk about through and through.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 13:20:28

At 3/22/12 05:04 PM, BirdyBells wrote: What makes you all happy in life?

Family, friends, and every other good folks out there.
/cheesy

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 13:50:02

does anyone think the audio portal cleanup is getting too strict?

just saw two songs reported, one for a single copyrighted sound from a metal gear game (which I'm sure i've heard xKore do) and another because the guy's aunt made it. I know these do violate the copyright but who really cares? no ones gonna sue for these uploads, I dunno - what do you guys think?

I just think theirs no need and they should concentrate on finding stolen songs

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 13:59:39

At 3/24/12 01:50 PM, AeroMusic wrote: does anyone think the audio portal cleanup is getting too strict?

First people complain that we're too lax, now people complain we're too strict... Make up your minds.

Rules are rules, break them, get banned (or have your song deleted), simple, easy, efficient.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 15:08:49

At 3/24/12 01:50 PM, AeroMusic wrote: I just think theirs no need and they should concentrate on finding stolen songs

The rules say that absolutely no material that has copyright on it should be used/uploaded. And that means ANY material, not just stolen songs.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 15:47:00

At 3/22/12 02:46 PM, SirSirius wrote: To get back to the American Education System: At least it produces funny human beings :D

I would have dumped her on the spot.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 15:51:23

At 3/24/12 01:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/24/12 01:50 PM, AeroMusic wrote: does anyone think the audio portal cleanup is getting too strict?
First people complain that we're too lax, now people complain we're too strict... Make up your minds.

Rules are rules, break them, get banned (or have your song deleted), simple, easy, efficient.

yeah I suppose - I mean I don't upload remixes as I know it's against the rules but shouldn't well known artists like waterflame and xkore should have tracks deleted if you're following such strict rules, [I don't want them deleted btw]

just wondering if anyone felt the same

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 16:04:16

At 3/24/12 03:51 PM, AeroMusic wrote:
At 3/24/12 01:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

yeah I suppose - I mean I don't upload remixes as I know it's against the rules but shouldn't well known artists like waterflame and xkore should have tracks deleted if you're following such strict rules, [I don't want them deleted btw]

just wondering if anyone felt the same

We don't play favorites and there are no exceptions like everyone seems to believe... I can't speak for the other mods or the staff... but if I find something that breaks the rules, I pass it along to the powers that be that can remove it... If it gets taken care of past that point is completely out of my hands.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 17:17:29

Yeah, I think the system is pretty good - and stolen tracks have been removed quickly. Just felt bad for the guy who uploaded his aunt's song lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 18:49:30

Hey guys, I just got a New Audio notification, under recent notifications, was that recently added, or have all my favorite audio authors not submitted anything until now?

either way that's pretty cool.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 20:35:13

At 3/24/12 06:49 PM, krssvr wrote: Hey guys, I just got a New Audio notification, under recent notifications, was that recently added, or have all my favorite audio authors not submitted anything until now?

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping they would add this soon :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 21:18:43

At 3/24/12 06:49 PM, krssvr wrote: Hey guys, I just got a New Audio notification, under recent notifications, was that recently added, or have all my favorite audio authors not submitted anything until now?

Nope, that's new, because Waterflame is in my favorite artists and he posted about 5 tracks in the last 2 weeks, and I didn't get any notifications of those.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 23:40:23

At 3/24/12 11:22 PM, LaForge wrote: i don't even check my notifications. i listen to pretty much no one on NG anymore, and i'm not interested in their news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5aEJbUj9OA

sloshyyyyyy

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-24 23:47:34

At 3/24/12 11:40 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/24/12 11:22 PM, LaForge wrote: i don't even check my notifications. i listen to pretty much no one on NG anymore, and i'm not interested in their news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5aEJbUj9OA

sloshyyyyyy

Excuse me while I go sell all my musical equipment and find a day job.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-25 12:28:39

What's Up Everyone?? I need a little help on when posting my audio in the audio forum... When I copy and paste the link it just shows the link and people can click on it,, but how are people able to post they're audio and it shows they're song name, who it's by, how many views it has, how many stars it has, and it also has a cd next to it... It honestly looks really cool compared to just my audio link... Can someone help me or give me some advice??

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-25 12:37:37

At 3/25/12 12:28 PM, tay2von wrote: What's Up Everyone?? I need a little help on when posting my audio in the audio forum... When I copy and paste the link it just shows the link and people can click on it,, but how are people able to post they're audio and it shows they're song name, who it's by, how many views it has, how many stars it has, and it also has a cd next to it... It honestly looks really cool compared to just my audio link... Can someone help me or give me some advice??

Copy and paste the song pages URL without using the "Link" HTML dealy on it's own line.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-25 22:28:08

Awesome.

It's great to know that my parents expect me to be like their goodie little A student christian daughters. I'm never "good enough" for them. They still treat me like I'm a little kid.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 00:33:21

At 3/25/12 10:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: Awesome.

It's great to know that my parents expect me to be like their goodie little A student christian daughters. I'm never "good enough" for them. They still treat me like I'm a little kid.

get a tattoo

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 01:21:57

At 3/25/12 10:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: Awesome.

Act like a little kid then.

Oh wait

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 14:26:36

At 3/25/12 12:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/25/12 12:28 PM, tay2von wrote: What's Up Everyone?? I need a little help on when posting my audio in the audio forum... When I copy and paste the link it just shows the link and people can click on it,, but how are people able to post they're audio and it shows they're song name, who it's by, how many views it has, how many stars it has, and it also has a cd next to it... It honestly looks really cool compared to just my audio link... Can someone help me or give me some advice??
Copy and paste the song pages URL without using the "Link" HTML dealy on it's own line.

:What do you quite mean by that??? Because I copy and paste the URL in the message and it just makes a link so people can click on it

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 14:35:38

At 3/26/12 02:26 PM, tay2von wrote: What do you quite mean by that??? Because I copy and paste the URL in the message and it just makes a link so people can click on it

Lookie lookie:

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 14:36:41

At 3/26/12 02:26 PM, tay2von wrote:
At 3/25/12 12:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
What do you quite mean by that??? Because I copy and paste the URL in the message and it just makes a link so people can click on it

Picture below (Taken from the Metal MAC contest thread).

If you have anything extra on the URL than just "audio/listen/######"... get rid of the extra stuff so it's just the song id, as pictured:

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 16:21:49

At 3/26/12 04:03 PM, LaForge wrote:

damn bro you got it rough. all i have to worry about is being disabled and having to take 4,000 mgs of vicodin every day. but do go on.

that sucks. I went through many operations as a child because of VCSF, took a lot of medicine, sill have left over effects from when I was sick as a child. I'm on prescription drugs tooo. so I can relate. (apart from being disabled).

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 16:38:53

At 3/26/12 04:21 PM, Sequenced wrote: that sucks. I went through many operations as a child because of VCSF, took a lot of medicine, sill have left over effects from when I was sick as a child. I'm on prescription drugs tooo. so I can relate. (apart from being disabled).

My case isn't that good either. I don't have to take any long-term medication other than a tablet a day for my acne which has long since cleared entirely but my parents insist I keep taking the tablets even if I don't want to.

However I do have a retroverted hip bone making me have to do these daily exercises to improve its condition. I'm flat-foot, I had two operations when I was young, I'm allergic to various things, I've got eczema and I get hay fever, among countless other smaller things...

...Not to mention the fact I'm half deaf.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 16:47:49

I wanted to swim in my pool, but the water was WAY too cold.

FML

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 20:10:02

i have ADHD and i don't know how long my medication is going to keep working for :/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 20:22:10

At 3/26/12 08:16 PM, Braiton wrote: I have had Hyperopia and Scoliosis my whole life. The latter is probably gonna kill me sooner or later from driving me insane.

Allegedly, your life expectancy is 2% longer than that of people who don't have scoliosis

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 20:51:48

At 3/26/12 04:38 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

...Not to mention the fact I'm half deaf.

I couldn't imagine living with one deaf ear. That would be a pain in the ass.

I am lucky with my ears though - everytime they get damaged from loud noise, after a couple days of healing my hearing goes back to normal and is more stronger/sensitive than before.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-26 22:13:20

I don't have any glaring health difficulties and my good health makes me feel ashamed of the fact that I waste all my "best" days doing nothing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-27 00:01:53

So looks like I'll be scoring at least two feature films this year. I'm excited to see my name in theaters. Already working on the first film. It's pretty crazy to write up 40-50 minutes of music that has to fit exactly to the various emotions on screen while maintaining a main theme, but I fuckin love it.

Here's to hoping my music doesn't sound like shit in a theater system.