00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,777,755 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 09:05:20

At 8/2/11 08:59 AM, jarrydn wrote: The tagging system on Soundcloud is pretty handy, and it works really well.

That's true, but Soundcloud is nothing like newgrounds, and it doesn't work well when you only get 10 listens per song you upload there (Unlike you, you get 100+ every song, you even have one that has 4000) I just really don't want Newgrounds to change, just add more genres, like electro and hardstyle and hybrid for a mix between songs? Why a complete tag change?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 09:16:55

At 8/2/11 09:05 AM, DJHeat wrote: and it doesn't work well when you only get 10 listens per song you upload there

Remember to follow everyone, but unfollow them after a day if they don't follow back. Also share your song with every group out there. Then you'll be famous.

just kidding, please don't be like everyone else from that site...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 09:32:39

At 8/2/11 09:05 AM, DJHeat wrote:
At 8/2/11 08:59 AM, jarrydn wrote: The tagging system on Soundcloud is pretty handy, and it works really well.
That's true, but Soundcloud is nothing like newgrounds, and it doesn't work well when you only get 10 listens per song you upload there (Unlike you, you get 100+ every song, you even have one that has 4000) I just really don't want Newgrounds to change, just add more genres, like electro and hardstyle and hybrid for a mix between songs? Why a complete tag change?

When you've been seeing more or less the same thing for 9 years, a bit of change is nice. And anyway, the paradigm has well and truly shifted. Web design is now focused towards dynamic, user-generated content. Light data-mining if you will. Whether you want to admit it or not, web 2.0 offers a far richer experience to the end user, when compared to how the web used to be constructed. And anyway, I don't see how a tagging system would ruin things. Yes, there would be teething issues, and you do have to worry about the system being poisoned by unscrupulous types, but newgrounds (the audio portal especially) will be left in the dust if it doesn't adapt.

I've stopped submitting tunes to newgrounds in favor of soundcloud. soundcloud works more for me than newgrounds has in a long time. it makes sense, it's intuitive, and it still has a firm emphasis on community, just the community aspect is (from my point of view) much more open.

also you suggested "hybrid for a mix between songs". Could you elaborate on this for me please? Sounds a lot like tagging to me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 09:34:52

At 8/2/11 09:32 AM, jarrydn wrote: and anyway

and anyway, please excuse my excessive use of the fragment "and anyway"

and anyway

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 11:32:52

Guys, I decided that I may buy Komplete 8 ultimate. I was going to buy omnisphere but even if many of the instruments were included in Komplete 7 (which I own), I can upgrade and get more instruments for around the same price as omnisphere. Komplete 7 was around 100GB and Omnipshere is around 50GB. Komplete 8 ultimate is 240GB which would give me an additional 140GB of instruments. I guess I have to decide between a more synth based experience or a more sample based experience.

In other news:

Where the hell has hamstercake been? He used to post songs almost every 6 days or so and he hasn't posted anything since June 12th or something. He also hasn't been active on the forums since the accusation of theft on his part.... I'm not accusing him of anything. I trust him. Maybe he's on vacation somewhere?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 11:49:18

Perhaps writers block?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:04:52

At 8/2/11 08:13 AM, Mich wrote:
At 8/2/11 04:35 AM, SBB wrote: there will be tags.
I was about to suggest that. :(

Sounds like dropping the genre system altogether and replacing it with a handy tag/search system would work best. If your song is a fusion between genres you could just tag it with both genres as well as "fusion" or something, and people could no long bitch about missing genres.

Thats actually pretty smart, im all for that kind of system. (it works on yt so why not on ng)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:06:13

I ordered new headphones a couple of minutes ago, Shure SRH440 for 89 euros. From what I've read they're perfect for mixing and monitoring, can anyone confirm that?

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:14:52

At 8/2/11 12:06 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I ordered new headphones a couple of minutes ago, Shure SRH440 for 89 euros. From what I've read they're perfect for mixing and monitoring, can anyone confirm that?

They are wireless... so I'm a bit unsure about being 'perfect'.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:19:54

At 8/2/11 12:06 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I ordered new headphones a couple of minutes ago, Shure SRH440 for 89 euros. From what I've read they're perfect for mixing and monitoring, can anyone confirm that?

I was going to buy those originally, but reviews said that the Sennheiser HD 448 (which i have now) were better, so I got those instead, and i can't say i'm disappointed at all.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:34:58

You should tell me if they work fantastically. I need a wireless headset, too many wires, especially when I plug n play my electric instruments.

I would kill someone if they took off the 'industrial' music genre. They added shitty dubstep, so why didn't they add post-industrial? OR chiptunes, for that matter? Both of those genres have been around for a much longer time than dubstep, so what the hell? Although, I do think that chiptunes belong in the videogame section, it also pisses me off when I expect more modern VG music and get that shit. I'm also not saying that chip music is bad or anything, because I know some good chip artists, but most of the time it's just some kid making a mockery of the genre by making drawn out, repetitive songs that sound like ass. I don't give a fuck that videogame music was just loops and shit for a long while there, it was being played over a GAME. Your music is NOT being played over a game, so standalone it's annoying.

All this talk of chips has made me crave fish. Sushi anyone?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:57:55

At 8/2/11 09:05 AM, DJHeat wrote: I just really don't want Newgrounds to change

lol.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 13:10:56

At 8/2/11 12:14 PM, Sequenced wrote: They are wireless... so I'm a bit unsure about being 'perfect'.
At 8/2/11 12:34 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You should tell me if they work fantastically. I need a wireless headset, too many wires, especially when I plug n play my electric instruments.

Actually they're not wireless. The headphone comes with a double-ended cable, one end for the headphones, other one for the PC. The cable is 3 meters long.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 13:14:47

At 8/2/11 12:14 PM, Sequenced wrote: They are wireless...

No they're not
"Includes carrying bag and threaded 1/4 (6.3mm) gold plated adapter."

..But on the subject of

Wireless headphones

The only way I see wireless headphones work properly is if the audio data is sent in a digital format, rather than just the analog signal modulated on a carrier. If it's digital, you won't actually have noise introduced to the output due to bad reception.

However, if the reception is really bad you're going to lose chunks of digital information, which would kind of break the stream. Seems less frustrating overall though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 13:28:36

At 8/2/11 01:10 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Actually they're not wireless. The headphone comes with a double-ended cable, one end for the headphones, other one for the PC. The cable is 3 meters long.

Son of a bitch.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 14:14:44

I guess you chose a good pair of headphones then.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 14:17:17

At 8/2/11 02:14 PM, Sequenced wrote:
I guess you chose a good pair of headphones then.

I'm not gonna judge them until I have them on my head.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 15:17:37

At 8/2/11 02:08 PM, PSvils wrote: Sorry to break it to you, but despite Dubstep being newer, it's growing a lot more popular than Industrial ever was, so it's only natural that Dubstep got it's own genre on NG.

I'm sure one day you will see the light, and like Dubstep...

................... Yeahokay.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 15:36:52

At 8/2/11 03:13 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: It's just annoying having over 800 people while I only speak to 30 on a regular basis

Yeah, I remember adding you on there many years back and never talking to you... <_<

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 15:50:46

I personally think industrial is way better than dubstep. Just adding my two cents.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 16:25:02

At 8/2/11 03:50 PM, J-Rex wrote: I personally think industrial is way better than dubstep. Just adding my two cents.

hmm, i dont think i ever heard dubstep, wouldnt know what it sound like anyway.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 16:26:47

At 8/2/11 03:39 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:36 PM, EricFreeman wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:13 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: It's just annoying having over 800 people while I only speak to 30 on a regular basis
Yeah, I remember adding you on there many years back and never talking to you... <_<
Why add me if you're not going to talk? :P

Instead of my e-penis being based off of post count it was based off of MSN contacts :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 16:27:13

At 8/2/11 04:25 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:50 PM, J-Rex wrote: I personally think industrial is way better than dubstep. Just adding my two cents.

You would hate it.
I can guarantee you that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:02:54

At 8/2/11 04:25 PM, Calamaistr wrote: hmm, i dont think i ever heard dubstep, wouldnt know what it sound like anyway.

You've mentioned that you dont keep up with public events, but wow do you live under a musical rock?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:04:46

How could you of never heard dubstep, half of the top 30 is dubstep and most of the time a dubstep song is on the top 5, and you have never heard of dubstep...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:06:59

In the last 3 years, did you ever use the internet? Ever go in a public place? Ever talk with a person about music?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:11:44

At 8/2/11 04:51 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
Dubstep track

Dubstep lipdubs are fucking awesome, I really wanna see more of those.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:12:41

i call troll.

lets keep these posts up though. OMG DUBSTEP OMG DROP.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:18:09

At 8/2/11 04:51 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
Dubstep track

Im .. out of words.. is that really what it is or was it somekind of joke (i realise the video isnt important here but the 'music is) the whole thing just sounded to me like a lot of samples randomly thrown into a basic rythm. Is thats what is so popular these days??

Ugh im getting old (28, this 9th of august actually, thats right ill be birthday soon)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 17:21:27

to everyone that asked me if i live under a 'musical rock'

i live under a rock shielding me from whats on the radio/tv/clubs yes, but musically i listen to classical music alot but i thought that was pretty much known already :P
Its the only kind of radio i will allow in my house hehe.

(oh that reminds me i used to sometimes listen to soma radio stations with psychadelic and drum and base music, i guess that would count for 'club music a bit so im not entirely classical)

I have heard of the name dubsteb before i used wrong wording in my post but i wouldnt have known what it sounded like if noone had posted a link.

Sorry for the double post if noone posted after my last post.