00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,074 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 13:05:43

At 6/14/11 12:02 PM, Decibel wrote:
At 6/14/11 10:10 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: What Inspires You To Make Music
I live on the 2nd storey of a 2 storey flat, there is no natural view, no inspiration, nothing. It's just enclosed in concrete, which is very depressing. If you look outside you can't see anything other than the national hospital and some mobile phone operator. So my surroundings don't inspire me at all.

It's usually the feelings I feel, or others song tbh, nothing more than that. And yes, like Blazing Dragon, I find it very easy to compose after midnight.

I usually live in a one story house that looks over a small yard lol. I know how you feel. I just recently decided to work for my dad, and in exchange he is letting me live with him for a bit so I am incredibly fucking lucky.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 13:07:14

And I always make my music at night because the world is a lot more abstract.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 13:26:16

At 6/14/11 01:07 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: And I always make my music at night because the world is a lot more abstract.

It isn't though

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 13:45:26

Exams

I've only done 3 out of 12 exams and I already know I failed in one of them, and when my mum and dad see that, they're going to transfer schools.

Brilliant.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 13:59:45

At 6/14/11 01:45 PM, Decibel wrote: Exams

I've only done 3 out of 12 exams and I already know I failed in one of them, and when my mum and dad see that, they're going to transfer schools.

Brilliant.

Sucks man :(
I hope that the rest of your exams go better!

Also, this thursday i hear if i failed, have to do some exams again or passed.
If i get a phone call between 15:30 and 16:15 i know it's because i failed or have to do some exams again. If they don't call, i know i passed. Nerve wrecking shit :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 15:07:54

At 6/14/11 01:59 PM, FairSquare wrote: Also, this thursday i hear if i failed, have to do some exams again or passed.
If i get a phone call between 15:30 and 16:15 i know it's because i failed or have to do some exams again. If they don't call, i know i passed. Nerve wrecking shit :/

Unfortunately, the telephone call happens after I get the bad news. Because when i get my results sheet, If I fail in 3 subject or less, I can go on normally, i.e go to form 3, but If I fail 4 or more, I have to do the re-sit.

The worst part is, If I fail in at least 1 subject, my mum and dad will hold me back a grade on purpose :L

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 16:22:22

At 6/14/11 03:07 PM, Decibel wrote: Unfortunately, the telephone call happens after I get the bad news. Because when i get my results sheet, If I fail in 3 subject or less, I can go on normally, i.e go to form 3, but If I fail 4 or more, I have to do the re-sit.

The worst part is, If I fail in at least 1 subject, my mum and dad will hold me back a grade on purpose :L

That's pretty ridiculous. And it sucks, like i said before.
Ah well, all you can do is your best and hope for the best outcome.. even though it's not quite motivating that you already know you're going to be hold back a grade while you still have to make a lot of exams.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 17:54:42

At 6/14/11 01:45 PM, Decibel wrote: Exams

Brilliant.

I still need to pass my math test and I'm done with everything this year at school. My teacher is an ass, all she does is sit on the computer, look at some crappy purses online, and scream at us cause we did something wrong. The funny thing is, is that she doesn't even explain anything really, all she does is read the EXACT text from the book and magically we all somehow know the material. I've never ever had an ass for a teacher in my life, srsly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 19:47:45

At 6/14/11 01:26 PM, SBB wrote:
At 6/14/11 01:07 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: And I always make my music at night because the world is a lot more abstract.
It isn't though

Agreed, this sentence doesn't make grammatical or theoretical sense.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 19:56:07

At 6/14/11 07:47 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
It isn't though

Actually, that sentence makes perfect grammatical sense. As for theoretical sense, I'm not quite sure what that means, could you please clarify for my stupid brain?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 20:30:00

For me, nighttime is the best for producing because my day is essentially over. With nothing to do, I have time to stare blankly at my DAW until something hits so I can start building off of it. I think creativity comes from having nothing the fuck else to do with your time, which is why children can have so much fun in situations that drive older people mad.

It's weird not posting on the forums regularly. The few times you do post, the things you try to say are trivialized by your low post count, but hopefully I'm making sense.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 20:33:47

At 6/14/11 08:30 PM, RetromanOMG wrote:
It's weird not posting on the forums regularly. The few times you do post, the things you try to say are trivialized by your low post count, but hopefully I'm making sense.

Don't worry about that. People with high post counts are just post-whores anyways :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 20:41:20

At 6/14/11 08:33 PM, brokendeck wrote:
At 6/14/11 08:30 PM, RetromanOMG wrote:
Don't worry about that. People with high post counts are just post-whores anyways :P

I'm comfortably in the middle, my post count isn't low... but it's not really high either... Does that make me safe?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 20:57:30

At 6/14/11 08:30 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: It's weird not posting on the forums regularly. The few times you do post, the things you try to say are trivialized by your low post count, but hopefully I'm making sense.

I feel like a newb with so few posts, though I've been on newgrounds and lurked the forums for multiple years now. I get how you feel.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 20:58:59

At 6/14/11 08:57 PM, BlazingDragon wrote:
I feel like a newb with so few posts, though I've been on newgrounds and lurked the forums for multiple years now. I get how you feel.

Be proud of your low post count. 2 digits FTW!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 21:28:42

At 6/14/11 07:56 PM, jarrydn wrote:
It isn't though
Actually, that sentence makes perfect grammatical sense. As for theoretical sense, I'm not quite sure what that means, could you please clarify for my stupid brain?

You can't start a sentence with "and" when writing, so no, it doesn't make grammatical sense.

For the other thing, I'm saying that I can't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion when all night is, is dark.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 22:19:58

At 6/14/11 09:28 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You can't start a sentence with "and" when writing, so no, it doesn't make grammatical sense.

"And" is not typically used at the beginning of a sentence.

See what I just did there?! :o

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 22:40:46

At 6/14/11 09:28 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
It isn't though
You can't start a sentence with "and" when writing, so no, it doesn't make grammatical sense.

There's nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction. If the sentence didn't make grammatical sense to you (to the point of obscured semantics) because he started with a conjunction, then you might need to see a speech therapist. If it did actually make grammatical sense to you, despite the inclusion of "and" at the beginning, then you are simply being irreverent, which is most unbecoming of you.

For the other thing, I'm saying that I can't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion when all night is, is dark.

If the only difference between night and day for you is darkness/lack of darkness, then you sir have no understanding of the world around you, and a fairly dull imagination.

I still fail to see where theory comes in to it, but I suppose that this does explain your irreverency.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-14 23:12:38

At 6/14/11 10:40 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 6/14/11 09:28 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
It isn't though
There's nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction. If the sentence didn't make grammatical sense to you (to the point of obscured semantics) because he started with a conjunction, then you might need to see a speech therapist. If it did actually make grammatical sense to you, despite the inclusion of "and" at the beginning, then you are simply being irreverent, which is most unbecoming of you.

I think you're misunderstanding grammar and mushing it together with spoken language. Throughout the entirety of my school years, in English writing classes, we were always taught to never start a sentence with, "and." The reason for this is because sentences are supposed to be able to stand on their own and therefore, "And big, bad robots destroyed the city," is not grammatically correct, whether or not it makes sense because of supposed, previous context/content.
"I was alone and big, bad robots destroyed the city," makes sense because the sentence can stand on its own. If I wanted the two ideas within the sentence to stand alone they would be, "I was alone," and, "Big, bad robots destroyed the city."

(I was alone. Big, bad robots destroyed the city.)

The previous example sounds sloppy, though and this is why we have "and", commas, elipses and other such things.

(I was alone... Big, bad robots destroyed the city.) or (I was alone, big, bad robots destroyed the city)

I can't remember all the actual, specific terms and such, but I think you get the idea.

(it's akin to how we are supposed to put those 'tab' things in front of the beginning of paragraphs and all that wacky stuff that even I don't follow on the internet for ease of writing and organization)

If the only difference between night and day for you is darkness/lack of darkness, then you sir have no understanding of the world around you, and a fairly dull imagination.

I still fail to see where theory comes in to it, but I suppose that this does explain your irreverency.

How can you fail to see theory in it when you just made mention to imagination or the lack there-of? I'm not quite sure you're understanding that I can present a one sided view that could be excluding some amount of opinion and ideas. In other words, I like to represent particular ideas at certain times in order to get people to think. I, also, believe I've succeeded this time.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 15:46:18

If i find ne mistake in any of these posts ima rage.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 15:58:15

There is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction in a formal setting. Or when you (consciously or not) wish to simulate an oral conversation, like just now where I'm speaking as if I just remembered another case in which you can begin a sentence with a conjunction. I could just have rewritten the previous two sentences so the second one wouldn't start with "or", but I certainly don't have to.

And because EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU'RE SAYING regardless of where you put your conjunctions, saying that FatKidWitAJetPak's sentence "didn't make grammatical sense" is just picking a fight.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:00:03

At 6/15/11 03:58 PM, SBB wrote: in a formal setting.

I meant informal.

Now that I've embarrassed myself by making a mistake like that in such a nerdy post at the top of this page, let's stop discussing this

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:02:04

At 6/15/11 04:00 PM, SBB wrote:
At 6/15/11 03:58 PM, SBB wrote: in a formal setting.
I meant informal.

Now that I've embarrassed myself by making a mistake like that in such a nerdy post at the top of this page, let's stop discussing this

And that, my fellow Audio people, is how you stop a discussion.

lolol

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:10:24

I also meant an.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:21:42

At 6/15/11 04:10 PM, SBB wrote: I also meant an.

Don't worry, nobody is perfect.

Except for me. HAHAHAHAHAHA. -_-

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:25:19

Nerds

Since we're talking about being nerdy, allow me to pop in about some nerdiness.

My classmate and I are doing our yearproject representation next Tuesday, and we've decided to have 2 T-shirts made with a nerdy joke on them. It's funny because it's basically a joke you'll only get if you're into electronics, making it more funnay. And stuff.

Also that means my school career is just about over. Just need to do this presentation and get my diploma. I'm not even too stressed about the presentation because we both know our shit, and our project works fine.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:31:01

Oh cool, so what are you going to do with your life now mich?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:45:35

At 6/15/11 04:31 PM, SBB wrote: Oh cool, so what are you going to do with your life now mich?

Move to England to live with Brittany, get a job, make money, get better apartment, AND GO FROM THERE.

Life's starting.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 16:46:45

At 6/15/11 04:45 PM, Mich wrote: get a job, make money

good luck with that

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-06-15 17:34:34