00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,311 Views | 34,320 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 00:51:58

At 4/18/11 11:40 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 4/18/11 09:11 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote: ...the kick samples have been placed at a rhythm scientifically proven to make all the girls be all like "woah" at a velocity of 78%. The clap and snare used (at the optimal 78%)...
source please

Play that at a club and you'll see for yourself. I take no responsibility for your safety when all the gurls in da club be al lik woah and try to fuse their vaginas to your face.

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 00:53:06

At 4/19/11 12:41 AM, Alfraydo wrote:
At 4/18/11 11:56 PM, jarrydn wrote: Heavy Marijuana Use May Damage Developing Brain In Teens, Young Adults
the amount of evidence behind that article is inadequate.

If it didn't come from here I'm not reading it.

Critics on erowid:

Due to the controversial subject matter presented on Erowid.org, the site has drawn praise and criticism from both the media and medical officials. American physician and broadcaster Dean Edell often recommends Erowid to listeners interested in learning about drugs and drug use.[citation needed] On the other hand, Edward Boyer, an emergency-room physician and toxicologist, while admitting that Erowid has a plethora of useful information, argued the site may cause more harm than good to potential drug users. "Though Boyer has since come to cautiously admire Earth and Fire, and no longer refers to their site as 'partisan,' he still argues that Erowid minimizes adverse effects and includes too much dodgy - and potentially harmful - data in its quest to present all sides. 'Erowid is so comprehensive, and so much of the information is correct, that unless you're an expert in medical toxicology you may miss the dangerous information that's close to the surface.'"[5] In the context of this debate, anthropologist Nicolas Langlitz argued that Erowid also serves as a mechanism of postmarket surveillance or pharmacovigilance in the realm of illicit and experimental substances.[6]

Critics on DARE:

The D.A.R.E. program is consistent with the "zero-tolerance orthodoxy of current U.S. drug control policy." According to researcher Dr. D. M. Gorman of the Rutgers University Center of Alcohol Studies, it supports the ideology and the "prevailing wisdom that exists among policy makers and politicians."[40] It also meets the needs of stake holders such as school districts,[41] parents, and law enforcement agencies. "D.A.R.E. America also has been very successful in marketing its program to the news media through a carefully orchestrated public relations campaign that highlights its popularity while downplaying criticism."[28]
Psychologists at the University of Kentucky concluded that "continued enthusiasm [for D.A.R.E.] shows Americans' stubborn resistance to apply science to drug policy."

have a discussion or something.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 01:59:07

Marijuana was put on the earth by satan to tempt the weak-willed. Anyone that advocates marijuana is an agent of satan.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 02:00:19

Hellz yeh Erowid.

I'd be more concerned about brain cells getting killed off by booze than a bit of smoke anyway.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 02:02:01

At 4/19/11 01:59 AM, jarrydn wrote: Anyone that advocates marijuana is an agent of satan.

Gotta earn all the points I can if I want the seat next to him in hell! ;D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 02:05:56

At 4/19/11 02:02 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Gotta earn all the points I can if I want the seat next to him in hell! ;D

You won't be sitting next to satan. You'll be sitting on top of satan, whilst he violently sodomises your tender asshole.

And the only weed they have in hell is full of seeds and stem.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 02:33:43

Weed kinda sucks as a drug...

I much moar prefer pills and alcohol.

They're safer in the sense I won't get arrested for them.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 05:59:00

At 4/19/11 02:33 AM, stratkat wrote: Weed kinda sucks as a drug...

I much moar prefer pills and alcohol.

They're safer in the sense I won't get arrested for them.

awww sad. I known good people to really lose their cool taking drugs like these for the same reason. I'd rather smoke a natural herb with no cuts in it then take pills man.

ALSO

I'm still gonna try and smoke some catnip. You can't stop me Quarl.

ALSO

There are two known health issues with SMOKING weed. The first is what jarrydn linked in terms of effecting brains of people who havent had all their synaptic pruning stages yet (basically like younger then 22). It mainly has effects on short term memory, however the older you are the less effect it has, and to an adult over or near 22 it has NO effect. The second known problem is that the smoke can damage cilia in the your throat (the little cells that help push down food). However there are other forms of ingestion of THC/CBD that do not retain the issue with cilia. Also paralyzed cilia will simply die and re-grow. Commonly mixed up with the tobacco problem which also paralyzes cilia, but due to the properties of tobacco, also has a chance of becoming malignant. But not weed, weeds in the safe.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 07:55:31

At 4/19/11 12:22 AM, KieranNG wrote: So you know how Deadmau5 fanboy/girls are always having orgasms waiting for a Deadmau5 and Skrillex collaboration?

Look:

The Track is actually Raise Your Weapon :P No Biggie.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 09:06:09

it's sunny

it is 70 degrees right now and i actually went outside for more than 10 minutes. the sun felt good on my skin. :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 10:51:53

At 4/19/11 09:06 AM, dekeizer wrote: it's sunny

it is 70 degrees right now and i actually went outside for more than 10 minutes. the sun felt good on my skin. :3

More than 10 minutes?
Crap man, how did you survive out there? And are you sure you're alright?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 11:25:29

are any of you fuckers in the seattle area? it's about to get a lot manlier in that city

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 11:53:14

At 4/19/11 11:25 AM, loansindi wrote: it's about to get a lot manlier in that city

WATCH OUT GUYS LOANS IS ABOUT TO LEAVE SEATTLE

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 12:44:01

At 4/19/11 11:53 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 4/19/11 11:25 AM, loansindi wrote: it's about to get a lot manlier in that city

Ha!
Ba-dum.. you know.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 13:04:49

At 4/19/11 10:51 AM, FairSquare wrote:
At 4/19/11 09:06 AM, dekeizer wrote: it's sunny

More than 10 minutes?
Crap man, how did you survive out there? And are you sure you're alright?

my skin is turning red ( not sunburn). shocking, i know.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 14:44:19

Woo-hoo. It snowed here

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 17:40:15

90 degrees out. nice, Southern heat.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 18:32:01

At 4/19/11 06:23 PM, LaForge wrote: As some of you know, I'm permanently disabled.

i must have missed something here. how did that happen?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 18:33:11

At 4/19/11 12:44 PM, FairSquare wrote:
Ha!
Ba-dum.. you know.

Actually it's cuz I'm about to get there. Fur realz yo

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 19:37:39

At 4/19/11 06:59 PM, LaForge wrote:
And don't say "sorry to hear that", because I've come to terms with what I have and accept it for what it is.

I don't care, that sucks so much. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting that medical/money junk sorted out. At least it's reassuring to hear that you have lawyers sending you get well soon business cards.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 20:31:28

Why the fuck can't I be witty like that?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-19 20:32:55

At 4/19/11 06:59 PM, LaForge wrote:

And don't say "sorry to hear that", because I've come to terms with what I have and accept it for what it is.

i think disabled people are really cool people. they get to experience life in a whole different way, and possibly appreciate life more than others.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 00:11:54

Hey NG Audio community!

I just signed up today. I've been producing house music for 3 months using FL Studio, Z3ta, and Vengeance House Essentials. I've been posting on another forum but have been searching for a new community to get 'second opinions' and meet new people. Plus the audio portal here is pretty sweet.

I was going to post up my soundcloud, but I noticed no one else has been doing this, so I'm assuming it's against the rules (even though I didn't see anything in the stickies).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 00:32:56

...I think I love you...

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 00:45:26

At 4/20/11 12:11 AM, VikingTimeTraveller wrote: Hey NG Audio community!

I just signed up today. I've been producing house music for 3 months using FL Studio, Z3ta, and Vengeance House Essentials. I've been posting on another forum but have been searching for a new community to get 'second opinions' and meet new people. Plus the audio portal here is pretty sweet.

I was going to post up my soundcloud, but I noticed no one else has been doing this, so I'm assuming it's against the rules (even though I didn't see anything in the stickies).

you read the stickies before you posted? I respect you already

Although i should mention while the audio forum community is great, don't expect awesome reviews and by that i mean the people reviewing (people who usually don't care) are often harsh and unhelpful though once you get to know people it gets better.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 00:49:13

McDonald's National Hiring Day

lol Did anyone go?... i went and it was the lamest interview process ever, they were serving interviews as fast as they were serving hamburgers. I walked in and i was signed up for a raffle to win an easter basket for applying, i also got a free vanilla cone yay................

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 02:14:32

I went, I've worked at mcdonalds before this though,

I didn't get the job, but w/e.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 04:40:21

Tough economy :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 04:44:11

At 4/20/11 12:49 AM, krssvr wrote: McDonald's National Hiring Day

lol Did anyone go?... i went and it was the lamest interview process ever, they were serving interviews as fast as they were serving hamburgers. I walked in and i was signed up for a raffle to win an easter basket for applying, i also got a free vanilla cone yay................

well, you still get paid if you do it. it's still a pretty crappy job though lol.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 08:01:35

I didn't get hired on National Hiring Day

EPIC FAIL

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!