00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinnymon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,783 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 14:46:30

At 1/26/11 02:39 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: Hey, what's going on in this thread?

What's NOT going on?

-Verb/Preposition Wars
-1337 Posts
-Dubstep
-A Few Pages Back there was Envy in his active days :P
-Etecetera

and I also an Apple :P

Just FYI, I just a Pizza :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 14:48:09

At 1/26/11 02:46 PM, Decibel wrote: -Verb/Preposition Wars
-1337 Posts
-Dubstep
-Etecetera

You forgot to mention the confusion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 15:05:09

At 1/26/11 02:48 PM, Hades wrote:
At 1/26/11 02:46 PM, Decibel wrote: -Verb/Preposition Wars
-1337 Posts
-Dubstep
-Etecetera
You forgot to mention the confusion.

The Confusion is Part of the Verb/Preposition Wars :P

I'm posting a lot lately, aren't I? :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 15:12:11

I like this thread. You guys talk about everything but dicks, it seems.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 15:29:58

At 1/26/11 03:12 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: I like this thread. You guys talk about everything but dicks, it seems.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow. That's the best laugh I had in a while.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 15:57:51

Look at this cute little fella.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 16:11:45

At 1/26/11 03:57 PM, MrSaint wrote: Look at this cute little fella.

He's probably going all :
'Oh hell no, look at me, all black and white an' sheettt'

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 16:14:08

At 1/26/11 04:00 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 1/26/11 03:12 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: I like this thread. You guys talk about everything but dicks, it seems.
You've got it all wrong. This is the gayest thread in all of NG land.You just happened to come across it at the wrong time.

Cock joke.

Suck my dick LaForge.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 16:19:57

At 1/26/11 04:14 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/26/11 04:00 PM, LaForge wrote:
You've got it all wrong. This is the gayest thread in all of NG land.You just happened to come across it at the wrong time.

Cock joke.
Suck my dick LaForge.

How about both of you get on your knees. Why?

Because I got a job for you. AND IT BLOWS

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 16:26:40

At 1/26/11 04:19 PM, MrSaint wrote:

Because I got a job for you. AND IT BLOWS

Anything for you, boss.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 16:37:55

At 1/26/11 04:00 PM, LaForge wrote: Cock joke.

FUCK.

This thread was good until you fucked it up with that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-26 17:43:28

At 1/26/11 04:37 PM, SBB wrote:
At 1/26/11 04:00 PM, LaForge wrote: Cock joke.
FUCK.

This thread was good until you fucked it up with that.

yeah, seriously... i'm fucking locking it up 'til tomorrow because of that! >:(

also, YUO GUISE NEED 2 SLOW DOWN AND QUIT SPAMMING ETC LOL WTF!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 04:53:57

Hey look it's the lounge

I missed you, lounge. :3

Last exam

I'm having my last exam of this series this evening (if you can call it a series with 2 exams). I dislike cramming stuff in my head.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 04:55:50

Uncock initiated and completed.

Try to keep the spamming and hysterical +1postcount bullshitting down. If you guys can't handle the leniency of this place, then perhaps we should go back to having no lounge at all. some of you remember we've been down this road before.

This ain't up for discussion, so move along and think twice before acting out like a high-on-sugar 12 year old.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 05:09:37

Lol, I was seriously going to lock it down but you beat me to the punch with your superior and gigantic modstick.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 05:22:22

At 1/27/11 05:09 AM, jarrydn wrote: Lol, I was seriously going to lock it down but you beat me to the punch with your superior and gigantic modstick.

good thing we're on the same page ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 05:36:48

that is a posting thread is good one

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 05:38:01

At 1/27/11 05:22 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 1/27/11 05:09 AM, jarrydn wrote: Lol, I was seriously going to lock it down but you beat me to the punch with your superior and gigantic modstick.
good thing we're on the same page ;)

that is a great pages for good

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 07:49:18

Yay the loung. question for you guys: how does one become less conceited?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 08:07:19

Well im glad the spam is over. It was starting to get on my nerves. I am no grammar-nazi but even i started to tweek at the site of it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 08:13:07

At 1/27/11 07:49 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Yay the loung. question for you guys: how does one become less conceited?

ok i had to google this to make sure i was understanding you, sad face

how to lessen your "excessively favorable opinion" of yourself?

care less? realize your opinions arent that important to begin with

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 08:38:54

At 1/27/11 08:13 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 1/27/11 07:49 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Yay the loung. question for you guys: how does one become less conceited?
ok i had to google this to make sure i was understanding you, sad face

how to lessen your "excessively favorable opinion" of yourself?

care less? realize your opinions arent that important to begin with

its less of a feeling that i am superior, and more of a feeling that people are inferior. nobody seems actually interested in anything in life, and trying to speak intelligently about things is taboo to the point of being outcasted and/or hated for doing so. instead everyones chatter is filled with 'omg did you see the newest insert-random-tv-show-here, or did you hear random-bands new album omg they use 1-4-5 progression so awesome just like every other mainstream band ever'

also ive lost my girlfriend like 2 of her friends because i responded with facts regarding a status they posted on facebook and they responded with hatred....just seems so wrong that being interesting in facts is a curse. i knew being bright was a curse, but i had no idea that being knowledgeable or at least desiring to be so was also

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 09:28:05

At 1/27/11 08:38 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: its less of a feeling that i am superior, and more of a feeling that people are inferior. nobody seems actually interested in anything in life, and trying to speak intelligently about things is taboo to the point of being outcasted and/or hated for doing so. instead everyones chatter is filled with 'omg did you see the newest insert-random-tv-show-here, or did you hear random-bands new album omg they use 1-4-5 progression so awesome just like every other mainstream band ever'

also ive lost my girlfriend like 2 of her friends because i responded with facts regarding a status they posted on facebook and they responded with hatred....just seems so wrong that being interesting in facts is a curse. i knew being bright was a curse, but i had no idea that being knowledgeable or at least desiring to be so was also

Wow, I actually know the feeling. It annoys me to no end to see people seemingly only care about that latest reality show, about the new relationship of Britney spears or about the disputes between chris brown and rihanna or whatnot. I like dedicating my time to learning new things about computers/programming, or things about music, and then spending my time using those things I've learned in a creative way. I like trying to educate people in the things I've learned as well.

And in the mean time, everyone seems to waste their time on popular culture and gossip. I know exactly what you mean. It is quite frustrating to see, but in order to not destroy your social life completely, you pretty much need to ignore it, or in some situations even join in. On social networking sites I try to stay out of it as much as possible, but in real life, I'm pretty forced to talk about the weather, the trains being late, or the government being stupid for the quadrillionth time.

Just try catching yourself when you get upset over it, and move on to something interesting instead of wasting your energy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 09:33:28

At 1/27/11 08:38 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: its less of a feeling that i am superior, and more of a feeling that people are inferior. nobody seems actually interested in anything in life, and trying to speak intelligently about things is taboo to the point of being outcasted and/or hated for doing so. instead everyones chatter is filled with 'omg did you see the newest insert-random-tv-show-here, or did you hear random-bands new album omg they use 1-4-5 progression so awesome just like every other mainstream band ever'

Ya know, I didn't feel this way until after reading all of it, but I completely agree. At this point, I would say that there's no need to alter your general opinion of other people, mostly because you have legitimate reasons to back it up.

Conclusion

You've discovered another way to spread your ideals rather than suppress them, which is the opposite of what you were trying to do. Yay for counter-productivity.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 09:50:27

umm.. anyone want to earn money on their music? I could help you out (:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 10:56:16

life

do what you like doing. let other people enjoy doing what they do. if it's not harming anyone, it's none of your business. yeah people watch reality tv, and it's no more or less of a legitimate way to waste your life than any other.

the death clock is constantly ticking. life is precious. if you're not enjoying yourself, then you're doing something wrong. judging someone because they are interested in britney spears is worse than liking britney spears, that's for sure.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 11:08:40

oh also intellectual superiority is really ugly

if your mind is truly expanded, you will see the folly in lording your intelligence and logic over someone who is quite content with themselves, and more importantly, doesn't care about your snooty attitude

i know I'm rambling, and this will sound cliched, but the coolest thing that you can do, is be yourself. ive been known to stir things up from time to time, but i reserve that for two types of people. friends, and those who approach me with a fake persona

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 11:28:48

At 1/27/11 11:08 AM, jarrydn wrote: i know I'm rambling, and this will sound cliched, but the coolest thing that you can do, is be yourself. ive been known to stir things up from time to time, but i reserve that for two types of people. friends, and those who approach me with a fake persona

With some people it's difficult though, to be yourself. If i don't feel comfortable with a person, i usually end up being very quiet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 12:12:15

At 1/27/11 11:28 AM, FairSquare wrote:
At 1/27/11 11:08 AM, jarrydn wrote: i know I'm rambling, and this will sound cliched, but the coolest thing that you can do, is be yourself. ive been known to stir things up from time to time, but i reserve that for two types of people. friends, and those who approach me with a fake persona
With some people it's difficult though, to be yourself. If i don't feel comfortable with a person, i usually end up being very quiet.

There is nothing wrong with being quiet and introverted. If that's who you are, then no one should hold that against you. I guess I'm talking more about people that will do or say absolutely anything to gain your approval. There is usually an ulterior motive. If I can tell that I'm being manipulated and treated like an idiot (and let's face it, 'yes' men are easily spotted), then I will treat them with the same modicum of respect.

I know what it's like to be introverted. I'm an introvert, and I have tried for ages to be an extrovert, but I find that as an extrovert, it can be quite difficult to "be yourself", so I receded back. There's no denying that I'm introverted, but I have definitely found my voice. I've also learnt that I'm a smartass, and that's something I don't think I'd ever change. In fact, it's probably my most highly valued trait (combined with my overwhelming sense of apathy). I can come across as hugely cynical, but make no mistake that really, I wish that we could all just except each other for our differences, and get on with our stupid lifes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-27 12:14:47

At 1/27/11 11:28 AM, FairSquare wrote:

I went through a phase when I was like that. I grew up though and soon realized that not acting like myself around complete strangers just made me seem sketchy and weird. Not being afraid to socialize with people will lead to ice breaking moments when you suddenly realize one of two things...

1: "Hey, this person isn't so bad,"

or...

2: "Wow, this person is an asshole."

quarl BandCamp