00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,812 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 00:14:48

Zeus is Angry D:

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 02:11:03

Peoples needs to listen to meee!

I'm on spinning NG stuff.

And just plugged The Newgrounds EP - Synthetica

Radiogrounds
It's what's for dinner.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 11:15:55

At 2/2/09 11:46 PM, TMM43 wrote: EARTHQUAKE!?

Ok so I live in North Jersey, but go to school in Southern Jersey. A couple of my friends told me they heard a loud boom, and shaking.
Apparently there was a magnitude 3.0 earthquake! That's fucking nuts!
ITS JERSEY! WE DON'T GET EARTHQUAKES!

I live in Central Jersey (in school in Maryland now) and I remember something about a somewhat nearby tornado when I was younger. It was pretty cool, I happened to be looking out the window and everything was dead silent and still, then suddenly this really intense wind started blowing and tree bark was flying everywhere. However maybe my memory is distorted since a tornado seems unlikely, could have just been a really bad storm.

There was also this other time when there was a tropical storm so everything got flooded and school was cancelled. It was pretty awesome.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 11:42:50

intellectual joke
this I just found in my mail box:

"C, E-flat and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry,
but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G
have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the
fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries
to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me.
I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender
is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor.
Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the
bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found
in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with
nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking
sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major
development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit
and everything else, and is au natural.

Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's
under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of
contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced
to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional
facility. "

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 12:34:53

Radiogrounds
MOAR Trance?
When I get good enough I'm going to get myself on there, and mix y'all some nice trance :)

Tomorrow I'm just doing a set at home, for myself, pure practice ^^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 12:37:51

At 2/3/09 11:15 AM, Anth0n wrote: I live in Central Jersey (in school in Maryland now) and I remember something about a somewhat nearby tornado when I was younger. It was pretty cool, I happened to be looking out the window and everything was dead silent and still, then suddenly this really intense wind started blowing and tree bark was flying everywhere. However maybe my memory is distorted since a tornado seems unlikely, could have just been a really bad storm.

There was also this other time when there was a tropical storm so everything got flooded and school was cancelled. It was pretty awesome.

Hmm, it could have been a tornado. I'm a big weather buff (lol yeah I'm a nerd sometimes, but this is my planned college major so fuck you guys!!!) so I know that a tornado can happen pretty much anywhere given the right conditions.

Hell, it was only last year when I saw the beginnings of a tornado touching down right before i went to work. And I was only able to catch it because I know pretty much every telltale sign of a supercell. (lol I sound so much like a nerd now.)

Oh and hurricanes and Trop. Storms travel up the east coast all the time. Most break up and fall apart before they hit though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 12:38:26

Intellectual joke

Haha. That was silly.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 13:25:19

Intellectual Joke

I noticed that when C, E, and G are hanging out, they're all major assholes. But when it's C, Eb and G, they're only a minor nuisance.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 14:01:03

At 2/3/09 01:52 PM, Bjra wrote: pic thread locked

what the fuck rucklo. what the fuck

Im not really mad, but seing half naked audio artists always motivated me to make a song. how is that not related to music production :(

I was going to comment about it, but I figured it could get me banned (moaning 'bout threads being locked)
You know what, I think we should just make a little forum on an external site for these kind of things.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 14:17:45

pic thread locked

At 2/3/09 02:01 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 2/3/09 01:52 PM, Bjra wrote: pic thread locked

what the fuck rucklo. what the fuck

Im not really mad, but seing half naked audio artists always motivated me to make a song. how is that not related to music production :(
I was going to comment about it, but I figured it could get me banned (moaning 'bout threads being locked)
You know what, I think we should just make a little forum on an external site for these kind of things.

if anyone have a VALID point to bring up regarding this locked thread, feel free to PM me - othervice, keep it out of the lounge - and don't waste my time whining about it via PM either.
anyone who brings this subject up in this lounge will have their post deleted, whine about it and you'll be banned. if you know the BBS-rules, you very well know why -

"If you break these rules, you're definitely risking being banned. Think before you post:
- Remaking or complaining about a locked or deleted thread by creating a new thread. "

I clearly stated the reasons for the lock to AVOID any comments or "comebacks" of it's lock, ESPECIALLY in this thread!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 14:59:41

Intellectual joke

aaaaa HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Soro, i'm going to buy you a beer, hold on.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 15:16:47

Intellectual joke

I %u0CA0_%u0CA0 faced

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 16:31:38

Intellectual joke
That would've been damn funny if it wasn't so darn long. But I loved the jokes. Besides, they reminded me that there are people in the world with more free time and less "life" than me. XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 16:36:10

Intellectual joke

At 2/3/09 04:31 PM, Hades0013 wrote: Intellectual joke
That would've been damn funny if it wasn't so darn long. But I loved the jokes. Besides, they reminded me that there are people in the world with more free time and less "life" than me. XD

but... I made that joke... :(

it was funny but a very big stretch >8(

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 16:39:58

LAUNDRY
im finally getting a chance to relax and do some laundry. Tara and i are relaxing and tara is making her famous lentil soup and im just chillin while the laundry machine do the work.

SAMPLER

My singer is coming over here tonight with the sampler .. he brought it over last night but we only had about a half an hour with it cause we had to run to practice. It has a FUCKING THEREMIN on it. how cool is that. i forget the model it was but its made from roland. ill prolly make a thread about it with some pics and im sure ill be bitching about setting it up at some point or importing wav. files onto it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 16:44:42

SymbolCymbal's daily routine
Laundry is good. It becomes "clothes" after cleaning, y'know?
OK, the actual point of this post: What the hell is "lentil"? (too lazy to type in wikipedia.org. No, wait...)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 16:44:54

The joek was delicious. Makes me so happy to be a musician. xD

Yay Jokes!

I don't have any to spread at the moment really.. in the middle of DJing. >_<

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 17:01:20

At 2/3/09 04:44 PM, Hades0013 wrote: SymbolCymbal's daily routine
Laundry is good. It becomes "clothes" after cleaning, y'know?
OK, the actual point of this post: What the hell is "lentil"? (too lazy to type in wikipedia.org. No, wait...)

SYMBOLCYMBAL's LENTILS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lentil

well here is tara's recipe.. i wont give the amounts cause SHHHH its a secret
cumin, brown lentils, onions, carrots, vegetable stock, garlic, water, dark brown sugar

the secret is to toast the lentils before soaking them and cooking.

they are very good for you and great for you if your vegan.. lots of iron that vegans dont get from meat they dont eat.

i hope all of you like how i explain my cleaning dishes and laundry

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 17:05:18

Lentil
Now I know, we have that stuff here, but when we mostly prepare it in the way you would prepare beans and similar things. Funny that it says it's lens-shaped, as the word for it in my language does actually mean "lens". Never thought about it before...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 20:44:16

At 2/3/09 02:59 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Intellectual joke

aaaaa HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Soro, i'm going to buy you a beer, hold on.

Intellectual joke

That is without a doubt the funniest musical joke I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing, soro. I'll join Maestro in chipping in another beer.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 20:52:59

Radiogrounds

At 2/2/09 11:41 PM, Triskele wrote:
THIS. I want to hear moar trance from this one plz >:

*hearts* :D

Well, looks like I've found another procrastination channel. And I have about 5 more gigs of new trance and st00f, and learned some more mixing techniques. omg actual mixers & decks >>>>>>>> VDJ.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:07:54

*Radiogrounds

At 2/3/09 08:52 PM, Liralei wrote: Well, looks like I've found another procrastination channel. And I have about 5 more gigs of new trance and st00f, and learned some more mixing techniques. omg actual mixers & decks >>>>>>>> VDJ.

*drool*

I picked up torq and an xponent since I last upped a set. Amaaaazing shit

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:12:14

At 2/3/09 09:07 PM, Triskele wrote: *Radiogrounds

WANTS. That's what I'm saving up for right now. Is it everything I hope and want it to be?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:38:49

At 2/3/09 09:12 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 2/3/09 09:07 PM, Triskele wrote: *Radiogrounds

WANTS. That's what I'm saving up for right now. Is it everything I hope and want it to be?

Everything's responsive and low latency. I've only had two problems so far: my unit has a defective jog wheel, it works fine but doesn't detect when you press down on it, so doesn't switch to vinyl mode, and the timestretching algorithm magnifies clipping. I've got a few imperfect vinyl rips that sound like utter shit.

Otherwise it is absolutely brilliant. The VST compatibility alone has given me hours and hours of experimentation. Loading tracks into deepblue's Glitch and playing with retriggers is awesome

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:40:31

More Radiogrounds

At 2/3/09 09:07 PM, Triskele wrote: *drool*

Oh shit. I'm jealous. i don't own any mixers yet, though I'm saving up for a basic on. I got to spin on my friend's Allen & Heath Xone 3D, and I fell head over fucking heels in love. Those cost as much as a used car, though. :/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:42:18

At 2/3/09 09:38 PM, Triskele wrote:
Otherwise it is absolutely brilliant. The VST compatibility alone has given me hours and hours of experimentation. Loading tracks into deepblue's Glitch and playing with retriggers is awesome

Awesomes.. I look forward to this.

On a related note.. Lira is spinning her first Radiogrounds set right now!!!!

Tune in!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:47:36

Radiogrounds/Mixers

At 2/3/09 09:40 PM, Liralei wrote: Oh shit. I'm jealous. i don't own any mixers yet, though I'm saving up for a basic on. I got to spin on my friend's Allen & Heath Xone 3D, and I fell head over fucking heels in love. Those cost as much as a used car, though. :/

FFFF

I've seen those before, freaking INSANE. Honestly though, i'm not sure what I'd be able to do with THREE eq sets >:

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:50:42

At 2/3/09 09:42 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Tune in!

DDD: Someone record that shit. Damn dialup...but it's like a week away from being banished forever :3~

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-03 21:52:22

Women.

At 2/3/09 09:50 PM, Chronamut wrote:
I don't believe in them nemor - theyre a fairy tale meant to keep straight kids on this site in line :P

Tune into Radiogrounds and I'll talk. Proof that I'm female. >:|

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-04 00:12:57

How may doors do you have to open to go outside for cryig out loud? Is it like a maze, or does your brother lock the door from the outside? O_o

A fairy tale.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature