JanusYoung
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-02 19:01:03 Reply

At 3/2/15 09:29 AM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 2/28/15 09:46 PM, JanusYoung wrote: can I have friends? :D
Hey, nice to meet. I'm new to this thread but not to NG. How are you?

ill tell you how i am until you sign a contract to be my first fangirl ^_^

hue

follow soundcloud :)

http://soundcloud.com/janus-young

Keitomine
Keitomine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-03 05:27:14 Reply

Should I be posting here? Should i make my presence known?

How is everyone?

I'm Keitomine, formerly known as MegamettaurX. I make trance and I make house. Though that isn't where on draw the line, it's just what I enjoy making then most at the moment.

ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-03 10:09:52 Reply

At 3/3/15 05:27 AM, Keitomine wrote: How is everyone?

I'm Keitomine, formerly known as MegamettaurX. I make trance and I make house. Though that isn't where on draw the line, it's just what I enjoy making then most at the moment.

Hey, nice to meet! I've been lurking about fairly recently. Shoot me a mail if you want me to look at a particular track. I'm knee deep in producing dubstep and drum & bass most of my days, but review requests is another thing I'm trying to pick up.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-03 23:54:00 Reply

At 3/2/15 06:58 AM, Troisnyx wrote: About voicing your own thoughts about a person

Huh? Then voice your thoughts lol
I feel most of the time when you tell someone gee you seem kinda self-absorbed, they'll admit that they are (depends on how shady you want to sound) and then at that point well...I don't know what can be achieved after that.

BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-04 21:23:30 Reply

Hey guys, been a while.

I've decided to take up some video editing (new years resolution to learn something new). I was wondering if I could get some feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzK_FZyq2qTqRaKA1xosiLA

Let me know what you like, don't like, I could do better, how I could do better, etc.

I'm open to all feedback!

Thanks!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
DJ-Howwl
DJ-Howwl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-04 22:39:25 Reply

So many new people are joining the community now, I feel giddy inside, idk.
@Keitomine and @JanusYoung welcome!

As for:

At 3/2/15 06:58 AM, Troisnyx wrote: About voicing your own thoughts about a person

I think it's the community that greatly influence big time music producers, unless they base their music off of their idea of rejecting mainstream and doing whatever they want to do.

Also, I'm in an ironic situation, since I am a fan of insane 16th note riffs at 120-140 bpm I make some of my sinister songs off of that style. BUT I'M LEARNING TIME TRAVEL THEME (played wonderfully by MusicMike512) AND THIS SONG IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSH*T

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hwowl
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpXWOYfOdz9qxPi4ZTvDOkQ
Be Cool, like this page: This Page
Love Yall :33333333333333

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-06 18:38:54 Reply

At 3/4/15 10:39 PM, DJ-Howwl wrote:
I think it's the community that greatly influence big time music producers, unless they base their music off of their idea of rejecting mainstream and doing whatever they want to do.

I'm glad about that. Trouble is, in any community you'd find this one band of snobs etc. Maybe that doesn't happen as much here, but that does happen every now and then on NG and elsewhere. I could easily, you know, pass them by and let them be, but sometimes, they get to you. A bit like anyone with a behavioural problem on the forums..... What do we do then?

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 06:36:19 (edited 2015-03-08 06:37:01) Reply

wow, so many new faces, i only recognize like 2 people on this page from back in the day. cool to see this place is still popular.

oh and the admins finally added an edit button. more good news

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 09:28:20 Reply

At 3/8/15 06:36 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: wow, so many new faces, i only recognize like 2 people on this page from back in the day. cool to see this place is still popular.

You're LaForge right? You might remember me as Supersteph54. Don't know if you were still around during my username change.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 10:04:58 Reply

At 3/8/15 09:28 AM, Step wrote:
At 3/8/15 06:36 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: wow, so many new faces, i only recognize like 2 people on this page from back in the day. cool to see this place is still popular.

You're LaForge right? You might remember me as Supersteph54. Don't know if you were still around during my username change.

Did someone say LaForge? I remember that name from somewhere. I'll have to check my PM box, haha

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 11:24:41 Reply

At 3/8/15 09:28 AM, Step wrote: You're LaForge right? You might remember me as Supersteph54. Don't know if you were still around during my username change.

of course i remember you mang. and yeah i remember you changing your username. a lot of people were at the time.

At 3/8/15 10:04 AM, Andrea364 wrote: Did someone say LaForge? I remember that name from somewhere. I'll have to check my PM box, haha

pretty sure we talked when i was still nithalahk.

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 12:20:28 Reply

At 3/8/15 11:24 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
At 3/8/15 10:04 AM, Andrea364 wrote: Did someone say LaForge? I remember that name from somewhere. I'll have to check my PM box, haha

Yeah, definitely. I was having some trouble remembering. Glad to see you still kicking. It's been so long! What are you up to?

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 15:49:44 Reply

At 3/8/15 12:20 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 3/8/15 11:24 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
Yeah, definitely. I was having some trouble remembering. Glad to see you still kicking. It's been so long! What are you up to?

tbh i'm surprised to see you're still around. i think you were like 13 when we talked before.

at the moment i'm on medical leave from work because i'm missing 60% of my shoulder joint. so i pretty much just sit at home, watching ghost adventures and playing video games. i hate being off work because i'm starting to run out of money, i need to get my taxes back already, that $1,500 is really going to help out.

what about you, what you been up to?

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 20:20:56 (edited 2015-03-08 20:28:06) Reply

Drunk post

Well not really drunk post but rather extremely tipsy post...
Anway I've got situation here I need yuou guys to help me out...
A roommate of mine approached me this evening with 'there's this girl who wants a one night stand with you'. Well obviously I wa flabbergasted because that kind of stuff doesn't come naturally to me. But the problem is: I know this girl, she comes over every week to play LoL or whatever with the same roommate, and she just broke up with her boyfriend. I have speoken to the (now ex-)boyfriend a few times, I wouldn't call ourselves 'friends' but als wouldn't describe ourselves as 'we just know each other'. Also, I have a lot of mutual (and best) friends with this guy. I am familiar with the Bro code, so I gueswss that if I were to sleep with this girl, I qould probably get shit from my best friends like 'dude, she's your bro's ex, are you fucking stupid?' and that kind of stuff. But she's pretty hot. I don't know what to do...

Edit: never mind, it's really a drunk post, but still ,help

2nd edit: welcome back LaForge, or whatewver your new name is

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Monsters In My Bed!

BBS Signature
Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 20:33:43 Reply

At 3/8/15 08:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: stuff

don't do it mang. bros before hoes. one night of pleasure will lead to months of shit talking and possibly ruined friendships

2nd edit: welcome back LaForge, or whatewver your new name is

thanks bruh

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 21:06:00 Reply

At 3/8/15 03:49 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: tbh i'm surprised to see you're still around. i think you were like 13 when we talked before.

Probably. I left for a long time, evidenced by my 20th birthday coming up this month and still being practically the same level as I was at 13, haha. Have to say the place didn't quite lose its charm since.

a whole lot of ouch, in a nutshell

I read as much on your newspost before I went to go move stuff this morning with my mom. Sounds like a shitty predicament, but I hope that bone graft does well. Gonna be quite the conversation piece, eh? A nice, dead chip on that shoulder?

what about you, what you been up to?

Eh, college, more college, marching band, producing EDM for a change and performing in a stage band on the side. I took up painting for a little while, then went to sketching portraits, writing, and then studying quantum physics for fun. Lots of stuff happened since the last time we talked -- some deaths in the family, moving house, etc. One thing has remained the same; I still can't drive, I don't work, and I'm still going blind, haha. Today has been a mess though. My mom has me moving boxes out of storage, and I'm currently fixing a pair of rollerskates. Hoping I don't injure myself the next time I use them.

I happened to find one of my halloween costumes from when I was six while rifling through storage, also.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-08 22:05:35 Reply

At 3/8/15 09:06 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Probably. I left for a long time, evidenced by my 20th birthday coming up this month and still being practically the same level as I was at 13, haha. Have to say the place didn't quite lose its charm since.

holy damn, it's really been that long? x_x

I read as much on your newspost before I went to go move stuff this morning with my mom. Sounds like a shitty predicament, but I hope that bone graft does well. Gonna be quite the conversation piece, eh? A nice, dead chip on that shoulder?

haha yeah, i get to say i'm dead inside and really mean it

stuff

sounds like fun, except for the going blind part. that sounds really crappy. how is your vision currently? and are you really expected to completely lose it?

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-09 05:58:16 Reply

Oh hey.

Didn't know you changed your name as well. I never knew what LaForge was a reference to before, and then I started watching all the star trek ever, and now I'm kinda sad you changed your name.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-09 14:50:41 Reply

At 3/8/15 08:39 PM, Lich wrote:
At 3/8/15 08:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Drunk post
The answer is of course, NO.
At 3/8/15 08:33 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: don't do it mang. bros before hoes. one night of pleasure will lead to months of shit talking and possibly ruined friendships

Thanks for the tips guys, and sorry for the drunk post (and my luxury problems)

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Monsters In My Bed!

BBS Signature
Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-09 16:27:56 Reply

At 3/9/15 05:58 AM, Mich wrote:

Oh hey.

Didn't know you changed your name as well. I never knew what LaForge was a reference to before, and then I started watching all the star trek ever, and now I'm kinda sad you changed your name.

i didn't change my name, i deleted LaForge when i stopped coming here. maybe you missed my meltdown in the lounge. also, La Forge is my real name, and yes, also happens to be the name of a character on Star Trek. please don't make any jokes about how i should be in Engineering, i've heard them all.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-10 14:47:09 Reply

At 3/9/15 04:27 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: i didn't change my name, i deleted LaForge when i stopped coming here. maybe you missed my meltdown in the lounge. also, La Forge is my real name, and yes, also happens to be the name of a character on Star Trek. please don't make any jokes about how i should be in Engineering, i've heard them all.

Oh, i remember La Forge. I remember you. Oddly the first thing that comes to mind is a conversation we had about a video about an annual event somewhere in England where a cheese rolls downhill and you have to catch it. I have no idea why i remember that, but i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

BBS Signature
Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-10 17:00:26 Reply

At 3/10/15 02:47 PM, FairSquare wrote: Oh, i remember La Forge. I remember you. Oddly the first thing that comes to mind is a conversation we had about a video about an annual event somewhere in England where a cheese rolls downhill and you have to catch it. I have no idea why i remember that, but i do.

i vaguely remember this as well. good times huehuehue

also what's up the mod's asses these days, i made a simple point about midi being too harsh on a new user and Sequenced jumped all over me like he was a crusader and i was a heretic.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-10 17:06:39 (edited 2015-03-10 17:08:50) Reply

At 3/10/15 05:00 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: also what's up the mod's asses these days, i made a simple point about midi being too harsh on a new user and Sequenced jumped all over me like he was a crusader and i was a heretic.

sequenced wants me to bum him, so he acts like a guard dog sometimes when i don't ask him too and then humps my leg. but he's cool, and actually does great things on the forum and around the portal.

and woooowwww that inactive mod cleanup could not have come at a worse time cause now it looks like i got unmodded for being a meanie! or maybe the cleanup is a cover story and i DID get unmodded for being a meanie? DUN DUN DUNNNN

also wb laforge!

p.s. i am gay

ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-10 17:31:07 Reply

At 3/8/15 10:05 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: holy damn, it's really been that long? x_x

Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. Six days until I've been out of the womb for 2 decades. Shame I can't drink to celebrate the occasion.

sounds like fun, except for the going blind part. that sounds really crappy. how is your vision currently? and are you really expected to completely lose it?

So far it's like looking through a sheet in my left eye, but my right eye isn't too bad. Depth perception isn't horrible. The good news is, it doesn't matter whether I have lights off or on at my place anymore. I mostly just have issues with bright light. It's debilitating, painful, and blinding. No idea when or if I may go completely blind, but if it gets much worse, I may be put on disability.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-10 17:53:35 Reply

At 3/10/15 05:31 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 3/8/15 10:05 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: holy damn, it's really been that long? x_x
Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. Six days until I've been out of the womb for 2 decades. Shame I can't drink to celebrate the occasion.

then i will drink on your behalf. i mean i'll probably be drinking anyway but this time it's for you. also living somewhere where drinking age is <21 is p good i guess but it doesn't really affect me anymore :v

p.s. i am gay

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-11 18:53:37 Reply

So...Pharrell and Robin Thicke lost that case.
Isn't that something?

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-11 19:46:54 Reply

At 3/11/15 06:53 PM, ZipZipper wrote: So...Pharrell and Robin Thicke lost that case.
Isn't that something?

The songs did sound really similar -- same tempo and everything. Never did like "Blurred Lines" anyway. What were you hoping for?

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-11 23:14:46 (edited 2015-03-11 23:17:08) Reply

At 3/10/15 05:06 PM, midimachine wrote: sequenced wants me to bum him, so he acts like a guard dog sometimes when i don't ask him too and then humps my leg. but he's cool, and actually does great things on the forum and around the portal.

yeah i don't doubt that. just seems a bit over-zealous.

and woooowwww that inactive mod cleanup could not have come at a worse time cause now it looks like i got unmodded for being a meanie! or maybe the cleanup is a cover story and i DID get unmodded for being a meanie? DUN DUN DUNNNN

also wb laforge!

sorry you got unmodded, bro. and thanks.

At 3/10/15 05:31 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. Six days until I've been out of the womb for 2 decades. Shame I can't drink to celebrate the occasion.

drinking is very over-rated. personally if i never drank another drop of alcohol it would be too soon.

So far it's like looking through a sheet in my left eye, but my right eye isn't too bad. Depth perception isn't horrible. The good news is, it doesn't matter whether I have lights off or on at my place anymore. I mostly just have issues with bright light. It's debilitating, painful, and blinding. No idea when or if I may go completely blind, but if it gets much worse, I may be put on disability.

damn, i'm really sorry to hear that. well maybe you'll live long enough to be around when synthetic eyes are invented. ehhhh even humor doesn't bring any levity to your situation :(

At 3/11/15 07:34 PM, Lich wrote: SE-50 Turned up today.
Say hello to one of the Evillest-sounding Hardware Vocal chains you will ever hear.
In Order: Shure SM58 --> Boss SE-50 --> Boss OD-20 --> Roland UA-4FX

i wanna hear this.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-11 23:22:38 Reply

At 3/11/15 11:14 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: sorry you got unmodded, bro

it's no biggie, honestly. i could probably count the number of times i actually used my mod powers in the last two years on my fingers haha

p.s. i am gay

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-12 18:27:11 Reply

HEY what's new?

Wakka wakka