00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UnknownDegenerate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,677 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-05 20:09:51

At 10/5/14 08:07 PM, ZipZipper wrote: The Audio Forum Lounge

...you'll never guess what that was supposed to be...actually you probably will. I failed. Bye.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-05 21:24:33

At 10/5/14 08:09 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 10/5/14 08:07 PM, ZipZipper wrote: The Audio Forum Lounge
...you'll never guess what that was supposed to be...actually you probably will. I failed. Bye.

Tumblr?? :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-05 22:31:29

#WelcomeBacktoNewgroundsGravey

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-06 17:40:33

*appears*

Hi again. I've been catching up on things today, such as listening to new uploads by some of the awesome musicians around here. Coming by here again would be a bit more catching up. I've been busy!

sockhopper123, welcome to NG!

Gravey, right, still getting around to listening to your audio. Hi. You don't know me. I'm still a fairly new member. Before that I was just a lurker. :)

Yeah, I've joined the WNG crew now. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-08 14:19:37

It's been a while since I heard a song that contains those generic lyrics that make you want to puke. But damn, John Martin - Anywhere For You...
'We are here for a reason' 'there's a hero in everyone' 'hold on to us', please give me a bowl already, he doesn't even try to use metaphores for his message...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-09 11:00:11

Protips:

Just autotune the fuck out of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-oHYTQyTEk

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-09 17:18:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUAl5J2hgA

lol

could've just ben a 1min :30 second song rofl

most uncreative shit ever

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-10 00:11:56

At 10/9/14 05:18 PM, Sequenced wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUAl5J2hgA

lol

u tell em, sequenced

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-10 02:33:05

At 10/9/14 05:18 PM, Sequenced wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUAl5J2hgA

lol

Uncreative sells. I don't see 7 digits next to your subscribe button.

trololololololol

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-10 08:31:30

Ohai

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-10 08:51:57

At 10/10/14 08:31 AM, FairSquare wrote: Ohai

ur mom

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-11 00:39:06

What's up guys I'm drunk

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-11 00:50:09

At 10/11/14 12:39 AM, Sequenced wrote: What's up guys I'm drunk

Congratulations, that must mean you are super cool.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-11 04:40:35

At 10/11/14 12:39 AM, Sequenced wrote: What's up guys I'm drunk

Hooray for reaching the legal drinking age

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 08:21:27

just found out about cableguys midishaper - and it might just be exactly what I've wanted for years

basically you can custom LFO or envelope anything in your VST - haven't bought it yet but hopefully it can do the same with any midi parameter

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 10:12:15

At 10/14/14 08:21 AM, AeroMusic wrote: just found out about cableguys midishaper - and it might just be exactly what I've wanted for years

basically you can custom LFO or envelope anything in your VST - haven't bought it yet but hopefully it can do the same with any midi parameter

You guys push one button to make a song, meanwhile I'm over here literally making music with sticks...

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 10:28:08

something just occurred to me. it is this:

Splashy the whale smiled secretively, flapping his flappers and swimming.

At 10/14/14 10:12 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/14/14 08:21 AM, AeroMusic wrote: just found out about cableguys midishaper - and it might just be exactly what I've wanted for years

You guys push one button to make a song, meanwhile I'm over here literally making music with sticks...

and the great Virtual Versus Physical Instrument war continues.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 14:38:44

At 10/14/14 10:12 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: You guys push one button to make a song, meanwhile I'm over here literally making music with sticks...

More like several thousand (if not more) clicks to make a song.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 15:21:05

At 10/14/14 10:28 AM, xLFx wrote:

The day people stop arguing about differences of opinion in musical taste is the day music dies as an artform.

Although I'm tempted to say it's actually more of a "studio artist vs performance artist" argument.

I wish more digital artists focused on live expositions instead of relying solely on online promotions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 22:29:37

At 10/14/14 03:21 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/14/14 10:28 AM, xLFx wrote:
The day people stop arguing about differences of opinion in musical taste is the day music dies as an artform.

Although I'm tempted to say it's actually more of a "studio artist vs performance artist" argument.

I wish more digital artists focused on live expositions instead of relying solely on online promotions.

some people just don't like doing live stuff, for whatever reason. back when i was making music, i was terrified of flubbing up guitar parts live so i just never persued that avenue. i was more confortable making a name for myself online, since that was where all my friends were anyway.

*shrug* if a musical artist wants to do their stuff soley in the online realm, i say more power to them. it doesn't detract from the quality of their music.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-14 23:49:21

Dude, I've just never been able to afford good equipment. A lot of times artists take the avenue they do because it's what's readily available to them. Schools practically throw ipads at kids nowadays. To this day I've yet to learn bass and I've really wanted that but I focused more on just getting a decent computer and a casio because these were things I needed. Can't survive if you can't get online in todays world...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-15 09:30:18

At 10/14/14 11:49 PM, Quarl wrote:

Dude, I've just never been able to afford good equipment. A lot of times artists take the avenue they do because it's what's readily available to them. Schools practically throw ipads at kids nowadays. To this day I've yet to learn bass and I've really wanted that but I focused more on just getting a decent computer and a casio because these were things I needed. Can't survive if you can't get online in todays world...

You're telling me you can't find someone with a I-pod dock and a loud home stereo for a listening party? You don't even have to draw, just gather together 4-5 other musicians and sit around listening to each other's music really loud . The primary audience for music has always been other musicians, and if you tell a non-musician you are having a party with a bunch of talented artists, they will want to attend.

Music has a deeper impact when you meet the person behind it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-15 10:01:00

At 10/15/14 09:30 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
You're telling me you can't find someone with a I-pod dock and a loud home stereo for a listening party? /'

And when does an ipod dock and a home stereo count as good equipment? I played drums for ten years. The biggest hassle was just moving it around but it took me ages just to build that kit up. Fuck it, the first drum kit I ever "owned" was home made from pots, pans, wooden dowels and duct tape. I went through a few kits after that and every piece of it was expensive. High maintenance.

I'm not trying to kick up an argument. I'm just saying that not everyone can afford the maintenance required to play it live and not every amateur is going to go out and try to build a guitar...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-15 10:17:32

Funkbrs is so cool I wanna be just like him omgeeeee

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-15 10:19:36

At 10/15/14 10:01 AM, Quarl wrote: And when does an ipod dock and a home stereo count as good equipment?

It's good enough for a living room party.

every piece of it was expensive. High maintenance.

I once played a broadcast interview with a bucket and a kitchen sink someone threw out

I'm not trying to kick up an argument. I'm just saying that not everyone can afford the maintenance required to play it live and not every amateur is going to go out and try to build a guitar...

Most live shows I see people are using borrowed equipment. The more people you network with in person, the more access to good deals on that stuff you get.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-15 10:56:59

At 10/15/14 10:19 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
The more people you network with in person, the more access to good deals on that stuff you get.

This is when things get a little silly. I live on an island :C

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-16 16:28:45

At 10/15/14 10:17 AM, Sequenced wrote: Funkbrs is so cool I wanna be just like him omgeeeee

lmaoo

I much prefer pressing one button and having computers make my music for me

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-19 19:08:07

*Lounging*

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-19 19:56:06

At 10/15/14 10:19 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Most live shows I see people are using borrowed equipment. The more people you network with in person, the more access to good deals on that stuff you get.

I'm super antisocial and hate people. I have performance equipment and I still don't wanna perform live. I can even play guitar, like a real musician!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-10-19 23:13:40

So I'm excited.

I recently got hired for a local recording gig here in my home studio. 600 bucks to record 3 performers. Should only take about ten to twelve hours of studio time. I don't normally try to book clients for that, but damn its gonna feel good paying bills off with that shit. I've also got drummers wanting to recording with me. And two bands wants me to master their shit now.

It'll also be my first time recording a violinist. I've done cello and double bass, but not viola or violin. The others are just singers and guitarists which is bread and butter to any studio recording so no problem there.

How is it, that every fucking service that I offer as a side service to my main one (being composition) is blowing up right now? I dont even market that I do local recording or mixing/mastering.