00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,868 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-07 10:29:47

Is there such thing as "songwriter's block"?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-07 11:50:30

At 10/7/13 10:29 AM, PoonPun wrote: Is there such thing as "songwriter's block"?

Sure there is, the same way me and others get composer's/producer's block.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-09 18:59:45

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-09 20:34:15

At 10/6/13 09:49 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 10/6/13 01:25 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: What's up sexy motherfuckers
Jeebus, you're still alive? After disappearing from the surface of the interwebz for a full year with no preemptive notice I had just assumed you had died.

Anyways, lots of new faces and a few old ones gone, but all around nothing's really changed. Still a lot of cockjokes.

You sure you ain't a zombie? <.<

Actually, since I've recently been getting on here frequently, the forum is wayyyyyy fucking slower than it was in 2012.

Hell, I didn't even know Acid-Paradox wasn't freqing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-10 03:46:40

At 10/9/13 03:50 PM, Chronamut wrote: alright so today marks 10 years I have been on newgrounds.. I was gonna make a song.. but then I fell asleep. I can still make it later or something or other...

so yeah.. 10 years.. whodathunkit eh :P

A whopping decade on a website. Grats!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-10 08:00:42

Admitt it folks, the Fusion genre is actualy Deshiel.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-10 23:41:06

How's the lounging going?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-11 12:33:26

At 10/10/13 11:41 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: How's the lounging going?

Fine, should probably go home and sleep

problem is, I am home

Also, we need lounge music in here. Too quiet.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-13 08:18:23

At 10/13/13 06:44 AM, Chrausner wrote:
At 10/11/13 12:33 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Also, we need lounge music in here. Too quiet.
Silence is a form of music as well. If I recall correctly, there's a 4-minute long 'song' full of silence (literally no sound except for some of the audience coughing every once in a while), and it was some sort of 'masterpiece'.

On an unrelated note, if anyone was/is in the IB program, you should know how damn stupid the demands are for all the subjects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7UK-6aaNA
hahahahahahah

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-13 08:42:32

NG discovery fear

So i have this girl coming over tonight, to watch a movie. We'll watch it on my pc, since i have a TV hooked up to it.
Therefore, i am deleting my internet history now and deleting NG from my bookmarks, just in case. I really wouldn't want her looking into my NG account.. all those shitty posts i've made.. embarrassing stories i posted.. :O

Can anyone relate to this?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-13 10:10:51

At 10/13/13 08:42 AM, FairSquare wrote: NG discovery fear

Being paranoid? Yes. Being afraid someone might discover your NG account? There are worse things. I'd be more afraid of someone discovering my sculpture made of bird parts held together with semen...but I understand being cautious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-13 10:32:33

At 10/13/13 10:10 AM, ZipZipper wrote:

Being paranoid? Yes. Being afraid someone might discover your NG account? There are worse things. I'd be more afraid of someone discovering my sculpture made of bird parts held together with semen...but I understand being cautious.

Yeah, there are worse things. That sculpture definitely qualifies as one, because most people just can't appreciate art when they see it. I bet it looks nice. So it has aesthetic quality plus a hidden pun. Bird-seed. Brilliant.
Anyway, the things i post on here anonymously (as far as that goes).. yeah, i don't need a girl who comes to my house for the first time to see that.

Is that bird sculpture for sale?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-15 11:16:39

So i have this girl coming over tonight, to watch a movie. We'll watch it on my pc, since i have a TV hooked up to it.
Therefore, i am deleting my internet history now and deleting NG from my bookmarks, just in case. I really wouldn't want her looking into my NG account.. all those shitty posts i've made.. embarrassing stories i posted.. :O

I actually recently told my girlfriend about Newgrounds, but kinda presented it as nothing more than a place where you can upload music and a forum of music producers who share their techniques and stuff. So she'll still be shocked once she sees this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-15 12:22:55

Hi guys, I love you. It's been a while.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-15 13:17:30

At 10/15/13 12:22 PM, TMM43 wrote: Hi guys, I love you. It's been a while.

Can we be friends now? You've been around far too long to not be my friend.

I have shmores.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-15 13:44:17

well done avizura for two!features on liquicity :):)
It always makes me happy when NG people get recognised

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 13:59:53

I forgot how awesome hoovers are. lol

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 14:29:01

People

Sometimes they disappoint me. Had a situation today, which actually made me question the worthiness of trusting anybody and being kind. There's one fellow with me in the group, whom I've known for almost two months now, we lived in the same dormitory, but later he moved out. Basically, we did a lot of stuff together and went places, because both of us were new in town. Today he seemed kinda sad, so I asked him, what's up. For no reason (or perhaps I am blind, and there is one), he takes a verbal shit on me, saying that I always criticize his behavior and starts to ignore me through all the day, whilst both of us are in the same company of people. Created a few awkward moments.

Not cool. This change got me mad and kind of sad, at the same time. He's not the only person I communicate with, but I don't find it nice, that stuff just turns around spontaneously, like this. So yeah, let my steam out, herp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 15:24:44

At 10/17/13 02:29 PM, MrSaint wrote: People

fuck people.

you already have me ;)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 19:16:02

That doesnt sounds like a mans conversation, it sounds like something a couple would bicker about.

Got anything to admit there MrSaint?

=P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 20:21:25

pffffff, are you fucking kidding me? Typical college friend drama. It's bullshit. Just be honest/ignore the drama and it will all come around. Keep up the relationships you can because by the time you leave college half of everyone you knew will have either withdrew, flunked out, or transfered. I didn't head to Cali from NY until a year after I finished college. It was 3,000 miles from home/school and the move was an attempt to avoid people I knew as I transitioned.

Waiting for me in the bay area was my old college friend Zach (same year as me), my old high school friend Nat (a year below me and working for YELP), my old high school drug dealer, and a handful of people my friends and family knew. It's a small world and life is short. This kind of relationship flop is childish. It's not like you two are stealing from each other. My freshmen year at alfred I had a friend flunk out and he stole his room mates adderol on the way out the door :p

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 20:26:57

At 10/17/13 02:29 PM, MrSaint wrote: Not cool. This change got me mad and kind of sad, at the same time. He's not the only person I communicate with, but I don't find it nice, that stuff just turns around spontaneously, like this.

Yeah, this kind of thing has happened to me a couple times, once in high school, once in college. Either the person themself is changing, or maybe just need a little space. Back off for a bit, even if you don't think you're bothering him. Let him figure it out, he'll come back and talk to you when shit's over, so you two can sort it out.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 20:35:14

fdjhgkfjhgdf we have clickable links in audio descriptions now

sorry if im late, idc

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 21:51:29

At 10/17/13 08:35 PM, alternativesolution wrote: fdjhgkfjhgdf we have clickable links in audio descriptions now

sorry if im late, idc

meh, I only lurk nowadays. I keep getting surprised at all the "new"things here. You kids and your unicodes...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-18 12:27:11

Moving house

Looks like we're doing that again in T minus two weeks. Can I say asdfdfsdfsdfsddfgsdg?

asdfdfsdfsdfsddfgsdg

We're currently in a semidetached small house in a shitty neighbourhood (frequent noisy drunks, nearby domestic screaming, fights...), and we're going for a detached bungalow with quite a bit more space, in a lovely neighbourhood, but still really close to shops and like 2 minutes from a gym. Woop.

I hate moving though, so let me reiterate: asdfdfsdfsdfsddfgsdg.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-18 15:53:29

Hey guys, how's it going?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-18 18:29:38

I hate it when that happens. I know it's hard to avoid sometimes but I get really annoyed when someone lets their emotions get the better of them and acts hostile towards someone who didn't actually do anything wrong. It's annoying, unfair, and I've had it happen to me a few times before. I agree with alternatron; give him some space so he can calm down.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-18 20:53:01

At 10/18/13 03:53 PM, SineRider wrote: Hey guys, how's it going?

Indifferent. I drove back to NY. Oakland got too hood. Home is nice but I kind of liked paying rent. Having my own place was fun but every time I left my apartment it felt like I had to constantly look over my shoulder. I'm not sure I like being home but I like being home.

It's certainly a lot easier to focus on transitioning out here though. My voice is finally breaking through my nervousness to use it. I got a few part times lined up too so I'll be able to afford things.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-19 08:29:08

At 10/18/13 03:53 PM, SineRider wrote: Hey guys, how's it going?

Fine. Can't wait till December so that I can pester a certain someone for something important.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-10-19 08:39:29

Victim of fraud

I have become a victim of fraud.
Today is my girlfriend birthday and also the Amsterdam Music Festival and as a birthday present her parents let her and me go there. Only they never told her she had to order the tickets herself, and they told her that when it was already sold out.
So I started searching for tickets on the Dutch equivalent of eBay and found 2 tickets for 140 euros, whilst 2 original tickets cost 100 euros. I had mail contact with the woman who offered the tickets and she would post them as soon as she received my money. Last Tuesday I send it to her, last Thursday she sent the tickets she said. I still haven't received any tickets and the festival is tonight. I have no information about this person except for a name (probably false) and a bank account. I feel really miserable right now. I'm gonna try to get my money back but my hopes ain't high...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature