00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Monsters

41,621 Views | 384 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-11 04:05:25

looks cool! i'm guessing you're tooling around with photoshop? the background looks good, but it is rather bold against drawings, i think if you apply a parchment layer (at like...20% opacity?) and maybe the reticulation filter, it'll haze it up nicely and look more tome-like.

i didn't have parchment so i used "molecular." i hope this is better:

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-11 11:10:33

At 2/11/09 04:05 AM, denzel-crocker wrote:
looks cool! i'm guessing you're tooling around with photoshop? the background looks good, but it is rather bold against drawings, i think if you apply a parchment layer (at like...20% opacity?) and maybe the reticulation filter, it'll haze it up nicely and look more tome-like.
i didn't have parchment so i used "molecular." i hope this is better:

great site for textures http://www.cgtextures.com/

i don't really have a description for her. she's benign and harmless..... i'll think about it

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-11 13:57:16

this was made by a good friend of mine, it doesnt have a name. its a disturbed soul... he will finish this later

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-11 16:30:39

another monster, hia name... Masked General: a strong follower of cthulhu, he can use dark magic, transform, transmute things he lives on the upper north of the atlantic ocean in a hidden island protected by a strange fog , he has a lot of minions on the island they will come when he needs them.....

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-11 20:02:25

At 2/11/09 03:40 AM, denzel-crocker wrote:

Also you haven't given me a description of her yet, you can post it here, thanks.

The Moor Hag, once known as Princess Guinevere. Beautiful on the outside, but a spoiled vain wretch inside. She was disgusted with the saintly icons of homely martyrs in the temples, destroyed them, and erected monuments to herself instead. The elders, so displeased, cursed her appearance and her family cast her out. Guinevere was left to wander through the wood, eating beasts and petrifying humans with her gaze. A long time passed, and eventually she was able to reconcile with herself, find beauty in the world as it was, and contentment within. The elders took pity on Guinevere, they did not revert her appearance, but she was able to look at people directly without harm. Through their tutelage, she became an esteemed member of the church and had a statue erected of her own, this time, depicting her gentle - if inhuman - nature.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 00:45:28

Interesting plots, now one for inritus, one for terra, almost there.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 05:06:59

btw what's the maximum size (dimensions) for a flash in NG?

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 09:26:33

ok this is a page from abyssus. im pleased with this theme and thanks to sucho for bringing that site up i got the book from there and added the dragons and tentacles. I also tweeked with richler's drawing a bit to fit in the mood of the page.

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 13:18:50

At 2/12/09 09:26 AM, denzel-crocker wrote: ok this is a page from abyssus. im pleased with this theme and thanks to sucho for bringing that site up i got the book from there and added the dragons and tentacles. I also tweeked with richler's drawing a bit to fit in the mood of the page.

looks fantastic.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 16:20:36

here's another one! i think fits well with the inritus theme.

The All-Devourer:
it just glides among worlds, eating everything and everyone on its path. it forms portals to other dimensions when a world is dry of food, so it will never starve. although it has no evil mind, it doesn't respond to the screams and cries from it's victims. people don't really know what happens when it eats you, but it is told that you will be drifting in a black void, forever, with all the other things it ate. ancient religions saw him as Death, or the bringer of the apocalypse.

Drawing Monsters

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 18:21:51

At 2/12/09 09:26 AM, denzel-crocker wrote: ok this is a page from abyssus. im pleased with this theme and thanks to sucho for bringing that site up i got the book from there and added the dragons and tentacles. I also tweeked with richler's drawing a bit to fit in the mood of the page.

bombastic , i really like it

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-12 20:52:50

this is a new one, a 656,56feet of height golem called brighaxx, very powerful can destroy mountains is controlled by a man that lives on the castle above his head

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 00:52:30

At 2/10/09 09:40 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 2/9/09 12:40 AM, Grigoro wrote: This monster call BIGFOOT. He/she is the person from a planet the Trouble infected by an aggressive virus : blah blah blahlalalaa....
This is my favorite one yet! I LOVE IT! :o Great job man. ;)

Thanks))

BUY A POSTER

some art here ---> (!)

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 05:22:00

At 2/12/09 04:20 PM, Breaktroll wrote: here's another one! i think fits well with the inritus theme.

A very good addition.

Heres a screenshot from the Mentis theme....

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 05:45:20

Id change the font colour on that, its kinda hard to read. other than that, this is pure unimpaired awesome juice. :D

If you're reading this, i'm sorry, i havn't got anything funny to say here.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 14:54:35

I really like this thread so heres my fffirst entry but im probably gonna do another one in my sketchbook later on in the week. for now enjoy this lil zombie thing i did on flash :D

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 16:18:21

this is a new one, axe guard called the striker. lives on the forests of the north he uses his big axe with only one hand and with his left hand throws magical bombs to stuns his enemies so he can get a great chance to cut their heads....

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 17:01:00

Mine

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 17:56:04

At 2/13/09 05:22 AM, denzel-crocker wrote:
At 2/12/09 04:20 PM, Breaktroll wrote: here's another one! i think fits well with the inritus theme.
A very good addition.

Heres a screenshot from the Mentis theme....

Shit! Sweet!

:D

Any other ones of mine you'd like to use?? I can sure write up full descriptions for them, if you'd like me to. :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 20:14:42

thanks for the link

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-13 22:49:04

Can't go wrong with a see monster!

Drawing Monsters

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 07:50:06

THESE HUMAN CLOTHES DISGRACE ME!!!

Drawing Monsters

Racecar is racecar backwards.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 08:34:21

At 2/14/09 07:50 AM, randomdoodleman wrote: THESE HUMAN CLOTHES DISGRACE ME!!!

looking good, don't forget your descriptions....

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 11:26:18

this is a cinema monster, the projector saurus lives behind the hollywood sign, it shows itself at night, with the projector of his head can turn movie monsters from the screen to reality, and if anyone gets in his sight it would get teleported to the screen, trapped there for eternity

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 18:22:15

At 2/13/09 04:18 PM, richler wrote: this is a new one, axe guard called the striker. lives on the forests of the north he uses his big axe with only one hand and with his left hand throws magical bombs to stuns his enemies so he can get a great chance to cut their heads....

Hey richler,
I really like your concepts for monsters/wrong-doers/characters, but they tend to be a bit under-developed. It seems like you didn't put a lot of effort in your monsters. They are nonetheless pretty good, but I think you could make them even better if you put more effort in them.
I don't know if you know how to draw in photoshop, but perhaps you could try to take one of your own facorites and give him some detail and color. Or maybe you could approach someone to do this for you. I think I could turn some of your monsters in pretty good drawings pretty easily.

consider it,

Grt, J-qb

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 18:38:29

im working on that, so be cool

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 19:19:45

At 2/14/09 06:38 PM, richler wrote: im working on that, so be cool

i went to paint and this is what i got , ¿happy now ?!

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-14 19:31:25

the stalker is different. Rumors circle about its origin but no one knows for sure. The popular rumors say they are from hell itself or theyre aliens. The stalker is very fond of children.

Drawing Monsters

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." - Charles Bukowski.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-15 04:25:30

here is my adition well im not so god at pinting butt im verry happy whit the results

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-02-15 06:20:33

At 2/14/09 07:19 PM, richler wrote:
At 2/14/09 06:38 PM, richler wrote: im working on that, so be cool
i went to paint and this is what i got , ¿happy now ?!

Dude that looks so much better :D