00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Destiny2Lover2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Monsters

41,619 Views | 384 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 11:21:21

At 1/19/09 03:01 PM, Breaktroll wrote: I do almost nothing else!

intestinal-mantis

mostly sleeps in her underground lair. it comes out to hunt but only at night because it has very sensitive eyes. it feeds on every living thing it can find, plants (but only when it can't find anything else), animals, even humans. when it senses something, it hides in bushes, when the prey comes closer, it comes out of it's shell (yes it's actually some sort of shell, because it itself is very vulnerabale) to stab and bite the prey. it's talons have a paralyzing poison that quickly spreads. when the prey is paralyzed, it feeds on it's flesh. it has one arm portruding for the shell, but it's mostly harmless, unless you just stand behind her.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 11:32:48

At 1/19/09 03:07 PM, Breaktroll wrote: here's another one.

hell's watchman.

this twisted abomination watches over hell and the doomed. although it has only 1 (working) eye it has an view radius of 360°, nothing escapes it's gaze. when a doomed soul tries to escape (yes there have been massive outbreaks, ever heard of the word "zombie"?) and the watchman catches it, he slashes open the face, takes out the eyes, and consumes the body through the tail. the doomed one will reappear instantly, you cannot die twice obviously. he collects the eyes and keeps them in a enormous gap in the ground. since the eyes are blind he cannot use them for himself.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:00:50

talk about substitutes for dicks much?

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:20:19

:D I did this for a Silent Hill contest, but it's still a monster! :D

Yay monsters!

Drawing Monsters

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:20:46

hell's watchman.

this twisted abomination watches over hell and the doomed. although it has only 1 (working) eye it has an view radius of 360°, nothing escapes it's gaze. when a doomed soul tries to escape (yes there have been massive outbreaks, ever heard of the word "zombie"?) and the watchman catches it, he slashes open the face, takes out the eyes, and consumes the body through the tail. the doomed one will reappear instantly, you cannot die twice obviously. he collects the eyes and keeps them in a enormous gap in the ground. since the eyes are blind he cannot use them for himself.

ok these are good stuff!

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:21:56

At 1/20/09 01:20 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
D I did this for a Silent Hill contest, but it's still a monster! :D
Yay monsters!

wow this is good, does it have a name?

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:23:23

At 1/20/09 01:20 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
D I did this for a Silent Hill contest, but it's still a monster! :D
Yay monsters!

Seeing as how descriptions of monsters are being posted, here's the description of this one I made up for the contest as well. :)

What it represents:
Depression.

Description:
The creature represents depression through the means of it's birth, actually. What the creature itself is, is the fleshy body in-between the halved-human. How it reaches the state of depression is through tearing the human itself in half (much like depression does in a non-literal sense) and feeds on both halves as one with each mouth. Another eerie representation of depression comes from the head it holds. The head seems to live and react to situations, but mainly the look on it's face is that of complete sadness. You can also hear the creature coming because an audible "sobbing" sound can be heard coming from said head. Also, it seemingly never stops crying blood.

This creature can usually be found within hospital corridors. The creation of it is unknown, but since it's dwelling never changes, it's greatly speculated that it was some sort of medical misshap. Some believe it was a cancer-cure gone terribly wrong. The creature has 4 arms with hands and two with blades. It uses the blades to sever a human being in half, and uses two hands to grab the bottom half, and the other two for the top half. It has two mouths, that the arms feed the limp bodies into, and lives off the blood of human beings.

The head itself, no one really knows where it comes from, but it's always of the same morbid face, so, many believe that it's a "portrait" of the original creator.

Without a human feeding source, this creature is known to be extremely deadly, as it is on the prowl for human blood. It will attack and attempt to sever any human life-form it sees. Although, when feeding off a human, it tries to stay alone and out of sight, for fear of losing it's life-source. It will attack if threatened or approached in any way.

Some have seen this creature and lived to tell about it, and have noted that if approached slowly and carefully, it will not react. When within a reasonable distance, the sobbing can be made out to phrases of deep sadness. "Please... Leave me... Leave me now... I don't deserve... I have nothing... It's best for you to go...." are some examples of what they might say.

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 13:59:29

"Please... Leave me... Leave me now... I don't deserve... I have nothing... It's best for you to go...." are some examples of what they might say.

very interesting.... a very nice addition :-)

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 14:11:06

At 1/20/09 01:59 PM, denzel-crocker wrote: "Please... Leave me... Leave me now... I don't deserve... I have nothing... It's best for you to go...." are some examples of what they might say.

Saweet. :) Glad you like it. :D

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 14:40:02

At 1/20/09 02:11 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 1/20/09 01:59 PM, denzel-crocker wrote: "Please... Leave me... Leave me now... I don't deserve... I have nothing... It's best for you to go...." are some examples of what they might say.

Saweet. :) Glad you like it. :D

NP if you have other stuff like this let's count them in :-)

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 14:56:09

:D Hokay!

This one's an OC I made, that didn't do anything with. His name is Zombi Cowboy. :)

No real description behind him.

It's waaaay old. Like well over a year. :3

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 14:57:37

Here's one I named Luls. :D

I was making gruesome evil things one day, and having way too much fun with it. There's another one that's his brother, I'll post that next.

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 14:58:44

Here's his brother (well not really, but they'd consider eachother brothers.) Jinguls.

:D Happy fellow he is, which makes his name even more suiting.

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 15:03:09

And here's one that wasn't intended as a monster originally, but could be considered one. :)

Or monster like stuff....

luls.

And I noticed I spelled Jingles wrong, lol. For some reason I named the file "Jinguls" so I assumed that's what I named it. I guess my original intentions were not what I had decided on. :O My bad. :P

But yeah, this is all I think I've made so far. I might search my art folders to see if there's anything else monster-like that I've made and forgotten about. :)

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 15:28:45

But yeah, this is all I think I've made so far. I might search my art folders to see if there's anything else monster-like that I've made and forgotten about. :)

lol now we seem to have a wide assortment of bony monsters, i'm assuming they are under the same class as the depression monster? or do they represent other feelings?

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 15:49:49

At 1/20/09 03:28 PM, denzel-crocker wrote:

lol now we seem to have a wide assortment of bony monsters, i'm assuming they are under the same class as the depression monster? or do they represent other feelings?

Heh. And the last one would fall under the Depression category. The other three though... Um. I would just categorize them under anger? I didn't really have a set description behind them. Maybe you could decide? :)

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 19:43:42

Heh. And the last one would fall under the Depression category. The other three though... Um. I would just categorize them under anger? I didn't really have a set description behind them. Maybe you could decide? :)

alright anger it is then!

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 21:06:20

BOO!!! Yes I did this in photoshop... so sue me. That is my face by the way.

Drawing Monsters

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 21:19:08

At 1/20/09 09:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: BOO!!! Yes I did this in photoshop... so sue me. That is my face by the way.

You missed a spot.

Drawing Monsters

JOIN THE US MILITARY NOW!!!!! Cause with WWIII cooking up, at least you'll get the job you want!

P.S. SHIT I LOST THE GAME!!!

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-20 22:05:09

how about this?

Drawing Monsters

Marlboro reds suck, menthols are my choice, bic lighters are the shit, and kush makes me rejoice.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 03:30:02

At 1/20/09 09:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: BOO!!! Yes I did this in photoshop... so sue me. That is my face by the way.

Interesting cat with a man's face lol

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 03:31:33

At 1/20/09 10:05 PM, FlashCridic1124 wrote: how about this?

looks cool, what's it called? please describe it dude.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 16:26:30

looks cool, what's it called? please describe it dude.

thanks :), well I called it the worm resides on DA, and I'm not entirely sure how to....I guess it's a decayed demon type thing with souls latched onto it?

Marlboro reds suck, menthols are my choice, bic lighters are the shit, and kush makes me rejoice.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 18:34:29

At 1/20/09 09:19 PM, nuclearmoose919 wrote:
You missed a spot.

Well technically I messed A LOT of spots... but I didnt want to change it because I was afraid i would mess it up.

So anyway hentai man pmed me asking to write a description and name so uhh herty here.

NAME: Bob

DESCRIPTION: Bob lurks in the shadows under childrens beds at night... he then lays eggs into their stomach causing various heart and cancer problems... of evil. Bob is sometimes spotted inside of animal adoption agencies. People see the back side of him and think aww how cute. And then it turns around to reveal its face of horror. It disappears soon after so everyone who hears the scream of terror from the one who saw Bob things he or she is crazy.

ORIGON: Some thing it came from the internet... others think it came from a space meteor.. but the truth is that it was born one cold winter day inside an isolated cabin in Canada. It then multiplied itself multiple times and disappeared into the dark corners of the world to release its havoc upon humanity.

WTF?: Drugs and lots of pancakes.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 19:00:24

At 1/21/09 04:26 PM, FlashCridic1124 wrote: looks cool, what's it called? please describe it dude.

thanks :), well I called it the worm resides on DA, and I'm not entirely sure how to....I guess it's a decayed demon type thing with souls latched onto it?

Alright that will do.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 19:14:29

ORIGON: Some thing it came from the internet... others think it came from a space meteor.. but the truth is that it was born one cold winter day inside an isolated cabin in Canada. It then multiplied itself multiple times and disappeared into the dark corners of the world to release its havoc upon humanity.

WTF?: Drugs and lots of pancakes.

Lol funny stuff ok we got another one.

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 19:59:24

How about a gorgon

Drawing Monsters

Jericho Cross

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 20:07:18

oh yeah.Gorgons turn you to stone by looking in your eyes and have snakes for hair. ex. Midusa was a gorgon

Jericho Cross

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-21 21:05:51

At 1/21/09 08:07 PM, JerichoCross wrote: oh yeah.Gorgons turn you to stone by looking in your eyes and have snakes for hair. ex. Midusa was a gorgon

Don't post stolen art here, buddy. Draw your own gorgon.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Monsters 2009-01-22 15:48:06

Yeah this is good but if it really is stolen i won't accept it. try to make your own okay.