00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Bully Collab

18,507 Views | 397 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 09:35:19

This is a collab that I thought would be a good idea. I am now a Sophomore at high school, and all the time I see other students being bullied. Honestly, I bully some students myself. So this great idea hit me!
Basically this collab is all about kids getting bullied. What I think would make a good collab, possibly even front page would be a nice, sweet bully flash movie!

Collab Rules
*24 frame rate
*No nudity
*Parts will be a short scene of some kind of kid getting bullied. Example. Stuffed in his locker.
*Each "bully scene" must be from any where from 5 - 20 seconds
*It must be your own work
*No Clocks, Locks, or Madness characters (There may be an exception for madness)
*You can use some foul language, but not excessive.
*Make your parts as funny as you can, because everyone likes funny stuff.

If anyone is intrested let me know! There are going to be like 20 or more parts.
I want to make this collab as good as I can get it. So everyone, join in, and help out. =)

-Nuclearstickman5

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 09:47:38

it will not be as difficult as it sounds. If people will join and we work together we can tackle this easily!

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 10:04:49

Im sorry for double posting, or whatever else. but please join! I want to do this so badly!! it would mean alot to me =)

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 15:37:41

is it that bad of an idea?

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 21:41:26

I'm in. This is a great idea.

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 21:44:10

Sorry, wrong account. That's actually me up there.

/ \
/ \
/ \
| |
| |
| |

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 22:21:45

hey hey hey, it got my attention. I'm in.

alternate account, i am NOT a noob at flash, had it since 07

My epic no sleep thread.

Everyone chase the AIDS truck!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 22:22:47

oh, and sorry for the double post, but is it just the standard 550 by 400 pixels and do we need music or just sound effects?

My epic no sleep thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-07 22:38:32

So there is generous people in this world, great idea for a collab! I can't join but I hope it goes well!

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-08 01:50:42

It seems awesome would love to do it but once i am done how would i be able to give it to you??????????

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-08 02:37:19

ill join. If this thing hasnt already gotten owned.

Don't forget to breathe.

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-08 21:09:40

I might try (no promises) will there be music to go along with it, or do we add sounds?

The Problems of the Future, by Everyone!

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-08 23:09:43

Hmm...I thought this would be a collab on the game Bully based on the title, but it still sounds alright. I'll think about it.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 05:27:57

At 1/7/09 09:35 AM, nuclearstickman5 wrote: Collab Rules

If anyone is intrested let me know! There are going to be like 20 or more parts.
I want to make this collab as good as I can get it. So everyone, join in, and help out. =)

-Nuclearstickman5

I would be keen to make a part

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 06:07:57

It sounds cool to me 5- 20 seconds should be easy enough, the only things I need to know are:
1. When would it be due, ('cause I want to submit my first solo flash before submitting anything else)and
2. About sound, will it be one of those collabs with static between scenes, where everyone makes their own sounds, or will it be one of those with a single music track over several silent animations, either way would be cool, but I'd need to know.

I already have an pretty good idea for this, and I could use some practice with frame by framing, so let me know what's up, I'll check back here in awhile, but PM me to make sure I know what's going on or so I don't forget since I'm tired and it's like 3:00 am here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 07:27:36

yeah, dude, seriously we need to know about the sound and size of the screen!

My epic no sleep thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 11:54:47

This collab has alot of holes in it.... what is the size of the flash doc. what flash versions are you accepting...
should people setup their fla's in particular ways ie in a movie clip.

The more i think about the collab the more i think about the problems you are going to run into when it comes time to put it together (if you even get to that point. nobody can even start to work without a size to set their canvas to)

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 14:18:38

I love this idea! I sadly am just starting flash and I know I wouldn't be able to contribute on that aspect. However, I am a writer and would love to contribute a story if any animators are interested. I could also do some voice acting if needed. Just PM me. Thanks!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-09 20:54:30

At 1/9/09 11:54 AM, Luis wrote:
The more i think about the collab the more i think about the problems you are going to run into when it comes time to put it together (if you even get to that point. nobody can even start to work without a size to set their canvas to)

Yeah I'm gonna just judge by the 24fps that it would be default at 550x400

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-10 01:01:35

Sorry to double post but I have started making my part but i am alos in the middle of another flash as well it would be cool if you could tell me when it needs to be finished!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-10 15:56:19

Can I join?
Or is it too late?

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-10 16:06:47

Sorry for the double post, but we NEED to know these things:

1. SIZE OF CANVAS? (550 x 400?)
2. A LIST OF PEOPLE THAT ARE IN IT!
Ex:
|4. open slot
|5. open slot
|6. open slot
|7. open slot
|... (continue on until you get the number of people you want)

3. SHOULD WE PUT OUR USERNAME INFRONT OF THE OBJECT NAME? (like 'username_object name'?)

Please do those when you get a chance, we need to know those things!

And re-asking, can I join?

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-11 06:33:28

I think the collab host person left us.

The Bully Collab

Don't forget to breathe.

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-11 15:33:57

At 1/11/09 06:33 AM, Head-Shot5000 wrote: I think the collab host person left us.

Maybe so.

Save Firefox and free software!

iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!

RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-11 21:23:14

At 1/11/09 06:33 AM, Head-Shot5000 wrote: I think the collab host person left us.

I'll tell you all what... If he doesn't come back in like a week, I will personally take charge of this collab (with his permission of course) But until then don't speculate on screen size, as I'm not quite sure what would be best yet. If I was given permission, I would list the specifics of entries so we can all start.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-11 22:43:54

Thank you man...
Lets hope something happens...
Im not saying that Im in (because I havent recieved confirmation yet), but Im sure glad this is going somewhere!

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-12 01:20:19

Well I tried contacting him by PM but he still hasn't responded is this guy dead or has he just decided to give it up????????

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-12 02:08:59

At 1/11/09 11:03 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote: Why don't you make a collab about how being bullied is wrong. I'm pretty sure a lot more people would connect with the collab. Plus it'd make Newgrounds look better if they had one about being bullied is wrong instead of how fun bullying is...

But then again...there is a lot of cocks on newgrounds...oh well, do what you want.

I don't think that it necessaril has to be either pro or anti bullying it could be both or neither depending on each persons piece, the most important thing is that peaople have fun making it and people have fun watching it, were not here to adopt a stance regarding bullying, just to make some cartoons about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-12 02:12:24

Please pardon the multiple typos in my last post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bully Collab 2009-01-12 20:41:48

woa woa woa!!!!!!
I posted this. and diddnt get any relpies and I thought no one liked the idea!! but now I see people like the idea!! everyone lets get this thing going!!
Let me know if your still gonna be in it
-Nuclearstickman5