Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:09:42
First thing's first - Renae started a new art contest. Everyone's welcome to join the fun, and there's prizes and stuff, too...so if you're quick with a pen, go draw your idea of a Perfect Pet! (Even if you're not quick with a pen, go have fun.)
Second thing's second - Street Fighter IV is coming Feb 17th! Being huge Street Fighter fans, we thought it'd be fun to celebrate the return of this legendary series with a lil' Flash collab (ala Metal Gear, for those unfamiliar with collabs)! Everyone is invited to Insert Coin(s) and Press Start, so if you wanna join us, read on...
- 720x480 stage / 30 FPS
- 15~30 seconds long(ish) SF gag/tribute/parody.
- Make sure your entire movie is inside a single movieclip on the main timeline. It's best to just make a movieclip from the get-go (something like 'MOVIE'), then centering it on the stage and animating your cartoon inside it.
- Make sure all of your symbols are named like: username_symbol. For example, I'd rename my 'hadoken' symbol to read 'stamper_hadoken'. This avoids overwrites when pasting to the final document.
- Extra task for those who submit...you'll need to include a drawing of a character from your piece for the selection screen. Follow this sad template for a better understanding of what we're looking for. You can just rip something outta your piece and clean it up, or draw a new one any way you want. You can include the final art in the same FLA as your cartoon (like on frame 2 or something), or just submit it as a separate FLA (or PSD, or whatever you draw it in.) Just make sure it relates to your submission piece, and if it's not a vector drawing, get us something high-res.
(Better your chances for inclusion!)
- Humor/parody is a must, as always! Anything goes, so don't hold back.
- No sprite movies. That means DO NOT SUBMIT A SPRITE MOVIE. DON'T EVEN START ONE.
- Ken and Ryu aren't the only characters in Street Fighter. Click here to refresh your memory and get ideas! (Feel free to use any character(s) from the Street Fighter series up to IV, but try to avoid totally obscure games and characters - the whole EX series for example, and unpopular characters like Eagle, Lee, Maki, etc.)
- Try to avoid obscure references and inside jokes that very few people would understand. Parrying Ken's fingers can be funny, yeah, but only to 3% of the world.
- Dhalsim and Necro have stretchy limbs. While I agree that stretchy dicks are totally hilarious, get another idea. (Stretchy balls isn't another idea.) Okay fine, stretchy dicks is allowed.
- SPOTS ARE LIMITED THIS TIME AROUND, so put some effort into any piece you do for a better chances of inclusion!
Before you submit anything, rename any files you send to include your username...something like username.fla, or username_SFCollab, or whatever. Send your final .FLA (not .SWF, your .FLA) to email@example.com - make sure the subject reads STREET FIGHTER COLLAB, and MAKE SURE to include your username, and any additional credits you wish to give (Audio Portal, voice actors, etc.) in the body of the mail.
I think the mailbox limit for incoming files is 20 MB, so if you bust that, use something like MediaFire or MegaUpload to get us your file...just include a link in the email with the rest of your info.
The deadline is February 10th, a little over a month away! Top 5 submissions get money and merch and blowjobs and stuff...and everyone on the planet is welcome to submit, NG user or not! (Just grab an NG account, first.)
I know we got balls starting another collab after the MGS fiasco, don't bother pointing that out fag BUT <possible_lie>rest assured it won't happen again</possible_lie>! Again, spots are very limited this time around. This collab might not get a lot of submissions, but either way, SOMETHING SF-related will be released - at the very least, a mini-collab with the artists who already wanna do a piece.
That about covers it. Oh yeah Happy Holidays and all that lip service nobody ever means ANYWAYS FIGHT